How to revive CNRP

[quote name='Shadowsage' timestamp='1313885851' post='2785371']
Show me when I've gone over 25 days. Can't? What a shame.[/quote]

I remember being in #cnrp right after you made your first post in over 25 days and one of the GMs pointing it out. No one had noticed until you made the post which rendered pressing for inactivity pointless.

Then I, as usual, said some mean things about how your nation is a waste of space and you ran off in a huff saying you were too busy being relevant in CNRP. We all had a good chuckle over your self-perceived relevance given the fact that no one noticed you were inactive until you become active again.

[quote]Get off your high horse. Some of us have things in real life to do.
[/quote]

That's a nice little contradictory there. Always good for a chuckle this guy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a new player informs me that they'd like to take a portion or the entirety of my joint protectorate with Voodoo, I'll notify him and we can sort it out. I would welcome any new roleplayers to southern Africa. I'm all by my lonesome down here.

Also, in response to the thread's subtitle: I gotta stab her three times!?

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1313824314' post='2784947']Gaining and holding territory is what drives the game. Personally I think we should abandon the map, but that would be impossible because it has become the blood in cnrp’s veins. Your second point would make more sense if it was true, but most of those people aren’t allied to each other. I am only allied to two people on that list and mostly because they’re my neighbors. Also monarchists and fascist work well together as long as the monarch sits in their palace and shuts the hell up.[/quote]Agreed, the map is what killed the game!

When I get back from Thailand we'll do stuff, I promise. But really... I think what people need to do is get into the spirit of cooperating for making a cool story line.

Now... I'm no angel in this regard. I rped with sarah and Kaiser Barkens in a little war thing in Austria. Triyun and Centurius helped a bit along with Nutter.

Bottom line is I did my share of grousing, but overall I really enjoyed the rping. The more I step back and look at the situation I recognize that all the things that irritated me with Kaiser M. were due to legit issues on his part.

Poor sod was fending off 4 or 5 people at once. No wonder he just held on tight and did the best he could.

However, it was fun.. I enjoyed it.

Too make it better, I'd limit the field a bit to 2 to 3 people in the future. But a closed war RP, with vaguely agreed outcomes can be a heck of a lot of fun. What it requires is people willing to give up some of their turf in exchange for promises that they'll keep the majority of it and have a good time rping.

I remember participating in a war on Vietnam against King Chris. I got asked by the moderator community to go away and die around that time so I couldn't finish the war. But.. before it started myself and Mael agreed to rebuild KC, let him have his country back in a reasonable time frame, but under new leadership. .

simply.. kill his government.. let him keep the country.. and make him form new government.

Now I know that's asking a lot with some of the colourful clever clever people we rp with and their emotional attachment to the game and all, but it is possible. At leasssst try to do it.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1313938648' post='2785576']
I remember participating in a war on Vietnam against King Chris. I got asked by the moderator community to go away and die around that time so I couldn't finish the war. But.. before it started myself and Mael agreed to rebuild KC, let him have his country back in a reasonable time frame, but under new leadership. .

simply.. kill his government.. let him keep the country.. and make him form new government.

Now I know that's asking a lot with some of the colourful clever clever people we rp with and their emotional attachment to the game and all, but it is possible. At leasssst try to do it.
[/quote]
I really want people to do more of this, because it's what happens in the real world. When the US invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, we kept the countries the same, but we just killed the leadership (literally).

I know that many people become attached to their characters, either because they invested a lot of time in them, or because they have big plans for the future, but flexibility in RP is always the key.

The most interesting period in CNRP history was the Comintern-Nordland Cold War. Not because there were tons of nations, but because there was an interesting dynamic to the game, we created an environment where either side could have won, both sides were afraid to attack the other directly which led to a lot of interesting propaganda and proxy wars, there was interesting culture in Nordland and Comintern, and you basically had two sides to the world that everyone was waiting desperately to watch them go at it. What CNRP needs is not more nations or smaller nations or less empires, what CNRP needs is two opposing sides. It needs someone to oppose TSI.

Also, there are 17,000 players in CN, not 30,000. How I long for 30,000....

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1313891195' post='2785396']
Um, two, three years ago? Three new RPers roflstomped a neighbor and angered enough major and minor players to trigger some treaty webs here and there? Then all three players got lol-EMPed and lol-nuked while getting roflstomped? I know it's somewhere in the old, archived News Report section.
[/quote]

There was literally never a more justified war in CNRP history. I was glad to have magically shipped 600,000 soldiers from China to Bolivia to have participated in it.

Edited by Mergerberger II

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1313938648' post='2785576']
When I get back from Thailand we'll do stuff, I promise. But really... I think what people need to do is get into the spirit of cooperating for making a cool story line.

Now... I'm no angel in this regard. I rped with sarah and Kaiser Barkens in a little war thing in Austria. Triyun and Centurius helped a bit along with Nutter.

Bottom line is I did my share of grousing, but overall I really enjoyed the rping. The more I step back and look at the situation I recognize that all the things that irritated me with Kaiser M. were due to legit issues on his part.

Poor sod was fending off 4 or 5 people at once. No wonder he just held on tight and did the best he could.

However, it was fun.. I enjoyed it.

Too make it better, I'd limit the field a bit to 2 to 3 people in the future. But a closed war RP, with vaguely agreed outcomes can be a heck of a lot of fun. What it requires is people willing to give up some of their turf in exchange for promises that they'll keep the majority of it and have a good time rping.

[/quote]

No give me your lunch mon.... pixels. :awesome:

NOT ONE SHALL PAST YOU PERFIDIOUS DEViL YOU!

One thing we could do is try to be more inclusive to new RPers. I know it is hard sometimes to want to include new people in older alliances. But we have other options for economic networks and other stuff that we can establish to give new nations an additional rp venue.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1314015688' post='2786134']
NOT ONE SHALL PAST YOU PERFIDIOUS DEViL YOU!

One thing we could do is try to be more inclusive to new RPers. I know it is hard sometimes to want to include new people in older alliances. But we have other options for economic networks and other stuff that we can establish to give new nations an additional rp venue.
[/quote]

Eh actually many of us have been doing that already, I know Triyun, me and Sarah quickly included Shammy in our alliances. The reason many new roleplayers do not get included is because of their conduct which in many cases is completely different from how older states act.

Also seriously get it out of your mind CNRP is dying. We have around 50 nations, inactive land hogs sure, but also a lot of active roleplayers. Compared to the drop outs in the game we've been doing great.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1313891195' post='2785396']
Um, two, three years ago? Three new RPers roflstomped a neighbor and angered enough major and minor players to trigger some treaty webs here and there? Then all three players got lol-EMPed and lol-nuked while getting roflstomped? I know it's somewhere in the old, archived News Report section.
[/quote]
I remember those days well, I had to move into those lands after I got removed from Europe.

[quote name='Shadowsage' timestamp='1313885851' post='2785371']
Show me when I've gone over 25 days. Can't? What a shame.
[b]Get off your high horse. Some of us have things in real life to do.[/b]
[/quote]

Everyone does, so that is a moot point.

CNRP is doing fine. There are large empires, and people wanting to do something. The real "issue" with CNRP is people say they want to do something, but do not act on it.

Example: I got bored with Novak after 2.5 years of RPing the nation, so I decided I wanted Ireland. I'm now RPing an Independence movement from 2-3 other claims to the island.

tl;dr: Stop complaining and do something if you think CNRP is boring. It is not my job to make this fun for you.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1314054866' post='2786403']
To make CNRP better I say we should stop annoying each other to the best of our abilities. That might help.
[/quote]

I would like an example of where people are constantly annoying people to the best of their abilities.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1314062683' post='2786471']
You know as well as I do that there are people who sometimes go out of their way to aggravate others for no reason or alienate them from the rest of the community.
[/quote]
Oh, is it me? :awesome:

I for one support PD's statement and reject it all in the same sentence. I will not give up my divine right, a right handed down by the lord god himself, the right of all common men, and the right given to me by Chapter 3, paragraph 7 of the Book of Dorman that says, "It's alright and good to troll PD as often as you can on IRC."

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1314078604' post='2786694']
I for one support PD's statement and reject it all in the same sentence. I will not give up my divine right, a right handed down by the lord god himself, the right of all common men, and the right given to me by Chapter 3, paragraph 7 of the Book of Dorman that says, "It's alright and good to troll PD as often as you can on IRC."
[/quote]

With a ruling of the supreme court, your rights have been upheld. The final official word was, "I hate it when annoying men represent themselves. I just pressed the 'yes' button to shut him up."

It respect your rights of annoyance TBM ^_^

What is really needed is some more interesting storylines. Proper implementation of three-step "action, reaction, result" storytelling would help a whole lot too. No, I don't (necessarily) mean to throw in things like massive weather formations or zombies or whatever happening, just... something more interesting than diplomatic envoys need to happen.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1314078604' post='2786694']
[/quote]

Who are you?