Mutual Aggression and Hate on Legion and Invicta Pact

Jgoods45

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1309793188' post='2748367']
Do you have any idea how great an honor it is to pull the thong of the great Rebel Virginia? Men would kill for the privilege.
[/quote]

No, not men. Not men at all.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1309766104' post='2748256']
Sparta are decent actually. They have a pretty solid upper tier and they were helpful to us (ODN) in BiPolar. They're mostly seen as a crappy alliance because of their political decisions in the past but that doesn't have any correlation with their stats and general war-readiness.
[/quote]
Unless Sparta has made great strides in the past 6 months, I'd have to disagree. The half a dozen or so mid/upper Spartan nations I engaged were - by far - the worst I've ever fought in CN. No offense to Sparta here, just stating my experience.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1309225238' post='2743088']
The only reason we didn't fight longer than NSO was because we didn't have the leader of our alliance agree to change sides and attack his allies. RV put you guys right in the [b]same category as TOP with that stunt. Complain about C&G/PB/DH for several months, attack them, get your butts handed to you, and then become their bestest buddies.[/b] How long do you think it's going to be before you're signing with the Shrooms, TLr, or another of the "We not the New Hegemony" Hegemony?
[/quote]

Really? Wow, I'm liking Legion less and less as the years progress. When Invicta splintered from Legion, I liked a few of the guys/gals that went there, and grew tired of them as an alliance over time. Legion was an alliance I started out in and always have had a soft spot for. Comments like this, as well as actions that are continuously repeated in your history just make me lose more and more respect.

I mean your comment wouldn't be hypocritical at all if say NP, errr...MK mandated a viceroy after kicking us in the teeth, belittling us saying we needed leadership, cause our current ones sucked so bad our alliance was trash.. (We won't go into the total amount of alliances needed to do so, or damage done comparatively.), and then we became best buddies, now would it?

Keep hailing NPO there buddy.

Legion has become a satellite for NPO since then, MK and TOP's relationship is nothing like it, from inception to now.

Edited by Chalaskan

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1309797571' post='2748390']
Really? Wow, I'm liking Legion less and less as the years progress. When Invicta splintered from Legion, I liked a few of the guys/gals that went there, and grew tired of them as an alliance over time. [b]Legion was an alliance I started out in [/b]and always have had a soft spot for. Comments like this, as well as actions that are continuously repeated in your history just make me lose more and more respect.

I mean your comment wouldn't be hypocritical at all if say NP, errr...MK mandated a viceroy after kicking us in the teeth, belittling us saying we needed leadership, cause our current ones sucked so bad our alliance was trash.. (We won't go into the total amount of alliances needed to do so, or damage done comparatively.), and then we became best buddies, now would it?

Keep hailing NPO there buddy.

Legion has become a satellite for NPO since then, MK and TOP's relationship is nothing like it, from inception to now.
[/quote]

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1309816195' post='2748706']
Invicta didn't splinter from Legion. It's first members came from Novus Orbus.
[/quote]

Not only did Invicta not splinter from Legion, but you were never a member. You may have joined Avelegio, but you never took the entrance exam or even bothered to start any of the other entrance requirements. That makes you 0-2 in the Truth department there bub.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1309909868' post='2749802']
Not only did Invicta not splinter from Legion, but you were never a member. You may have joined Avelegio, but you never took the entrance exam or even bothered to start any of the other entrance requirements. That makes you 0-2 in the Truth department there bub.
[/quote]

Your right, I'm totally busted, I never was in the Legion. :rolleyes: (Ask some of your older members.)

There were some highly known members of Legion that went to Invicta when it started as well...

Regardless, you didn't address my point.

I think you really should just stop posting for your alliances sake. I'd have put a gag order on you by now if I was in charge over there.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1309909868' post='2749802']
[/quote]

I expect it was late when you posted this. Take a moment to reflect on your replies before you post. Silence is a useful, but under respected servant.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1309912324' post='2749839']
I expect it was late when you posted this. Take a moment to reflect on your replies before you post. Silence is a useful, but under respected servant.
[/quote]

As always I will hold your advice in high regard, but in this instance I will not heed it.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1309911990' post='2749831']
Your right, I'm totally busted, I never was in the Legion. :rolleyes: (Ask some of your older members.)

There were some highly known members of Legion that went to Invicta when it started as well...

[b]Regardless, you didn't address my point.[/b]

I think you really should just stop posting for your alliances sake. I'd have put a gag order on you by now if I was in charge over there.
[/quote]

After HB's comment I did some more digging and found a reference to you as part of The Legion. It was my fault that I confined my search to Avelegio's archives and for not digging enough I apologize.

As to your point. You, and many others, find us hypocritical when we criticize TOP for preemptively attacking C&G and then post war signing with the Mushroom Kingdom. Mainly because of the events of the Legion's disbandment crises and it's aftermath. The fact that NPO and Legion were once enemies and are now allies is very similar to that of the TOP/MK dynamic starting with Bi-Polar and continuing to today. However the similarities end there. The Legion having been betrayed from within and then threatened by an obviously stronger enemy succumbed in order to survive. Having made it through both disbandment and a viceroy we have endeavored to make our own way. Part of the way included signing a treaty with NPO, as well as coming to here defense not once but twice.

TOP on the other hand was the aggressor in Bi-Polar, and was subsequently defeated. After reps were done you had no viceroy hanging over your head, you had no fateful choice to either succumb or die. You freely signed with MK when just months prior you attacked them. You, as we, are free to sign with whomever you chose. My problem with TOP is that you as an alliance can't be trusted. Either TOP made a huge mistake in assessing the C&G threat or you jumped to the side that you thought happened to be the strongest. If you aren't a flip-flopper than you're liable to attack anyone at any time, and have shown that you will use preemptive attacks to "defend" yourselves.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1309918408' post='2749925']
As always I will hold your advice in high regard, but in this instance I will not heed it.

After HB's comment I did some more digging and found a reference to you as part of The Legion. It was my fault that I confined my search to Avelegio's archives and for not digging enough I apologize.

As to your point. You, and many others, find us hypocritical when we criticize TOP for preemptively attacking C&G and then post war signing with the Mushroom Kingdom. Mainly because of the events of the Legion's disbandment crises and it's aftermath. The fact that NPO and Legion were once enemies and are now allies is very similar to that of the TOP/MK dynamic starting with Bi-Polar and continuing to today. However the similarities end there. The Legion having been betrayed from within and then threatened by an obviously stronger enemy succumbed in order to survive. Having made it through both disbandment and a viceroy we have endeavored to make our own way. Part of the way included signing a treaty with NPO, as well as coming to here defense not once but twice.

TOP on the other hand was the aggressor in Bi-Polar, and was subsequently defeated. After reps were done you had no viceroy hanging over your head, you had no fateful choice to either succumb or die. You freely signed with MK when just months prior you attacked them. You, as we, are free to sign with whomever you chose. My problem with TOP is that you as an alliance can't be trusted. Either TOP made a huge mistake in assessing the C&G threat or you jumped to the side that you thought happened to be the strongest. If you aren't a flip-flopper than you're liable to attack anyone at any time, and have shown that you will use preemptive attacks to "defend" yourselves.
[/quote]

I hope you will heed this advice. While defending yourself against one opponent, do not throw stones at a bystander in the crowd.

[/quote]

You have a view that is really based on a bunch of nonsensical mud slinging from those that do not like TOP. Been talking to a "certain crowd" I imagine...go figure.

TOP is rather well trusted by it's allies, and many more ;).

As I stated before, you are doing your alliance no favors because you aren't defending them. You're helping others mock them, and pissing off bystanders...

Edited by Chalaskan

[/quote]
No see this right here is a big part of why Legion in this very situation.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1309938421' post='2750235']
You have a view that is really based on a bunch of nonsensical mud slinging from those that do not like TOP. Been talking to a "certain crowd" I imagine...go figure.

TOP is rather well trusted by it's allies, and many more ;).

As I stated before, you are doing your alliance no favors because you aren't defending them. You're helping others mock them, and pissing off bystanders...
[/quote]
You should know that his line of reason seems compatible with the rest of his Alliance's line of reason.
What he's saying is pretty much Legion's FA policy for the past 3-4 years.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1309911990' post='2749831']
[/quote]
I was high gov in Invicta when I left for SOS団 a month or two after our formation. Does this make us an Invicta splinter? Of course not. What matters is the founders (after all, the founders founded it by the very definition of the word), and the founders were from NO. Invicta was founded as a splinter from NO.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1310178597' post='2753028']
I was high gov in Invicta when I left for SOS団 a month or two after our formation. Does this make us an Invicta splinter?
[/quote]

No, it just makes you horrible. :ehm:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1310178597' post='2753028']
I was high gov in Invicta when I left for SOS団 a month or two after our formation. Does this make us an Invicta splinter? Of course not. What matters is the founders (after all, the founders founded it by the very definition of the word), and the founders were from NO. Invicta was founded as a splinter from NO.
[/quote]

You're in an iFOK splinter poaching splinter splinter.