Fark Announcement

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1308890147' post='2740087']
Haha, I think Valhalla attacking Aloha would be a significant mistake, but I'm not in peace mode and I can't stop you. I'm in an alliance so I don't have to fight people "1v1".
[/quote]

Where's that awful ol' meow meow meme when you need it?

lol

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I think Valhalla attacking Aloha would be a significant mistake, but I'm not in peace mode and I can't stop you. I'm in an alliance so I don't have to fight people "1v1".
[/quote]
So basically, you tell him to bring it, but only if Fark is going to get to defend you. Not if its a fair (relatively, I know you have no tech but that's not his fault, you have more NS iirc) fight, that would be terrible.

[/quote]

Nothing to see here, folks. Just a boy challenging others to see whose is bigger, and then getting too scared to whip his out.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1308889807' post='2740076']
Oh okay ... I'll answer for them now that I understand your question. Nazis (as well as child molesters, terrorists, violent felons and others who advocate genocide) are not welcome in Fark. On the other hand, being a heterosexual is not a Farkistan membership requirement; I assumed that was obvious, but I'm happy to clear things up for you.
[/quote]

Thank you Krack. What if a guy OOC is convicted of felony manslaughter for killing a guy how was molesting a child, Would they let in the felon? Do you get my point yet? To base your IC alliance membership on OOC activity is a little nuts. Its stocker creepy to think they go into their applicants OOC personal lives to verify they are not any of the things you listed. I know I sure as hell would not want to join an alliance that was going to dig into my past or present OOC life. I personally don’t give a rat’s ass what people do or think or have done OOC as long as they hold the same IC standards my alliance and allies do.

[/quote]

Ah so all your talk is just that, talk. Im ready to roll mano a mano like you tried to say wouldnt happen yet you wont put your infra where your mouth is.

Fact is you just showed YOU are the eunech and cant do anything without friends along with the fact you are an infra hugging !@#$%.

I can live with that, can you?

[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1308889994' post='2740085']
he... he... he is ignoring you ;_;
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gentlemen, I do believe this card came is getting y'all nowhere, your bets have been placed, lets see whats in your hand.

Edited by Muddog

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1308890536' post='2740098']
Thank you Krack. What if a guy OOC is convicted of felony manslaughter for killing a guy how was molesting a child, Would they let in the felon?
[/quote]

Manslaughter is the accidental killing/killing without intent of a person, so I don't see what that counts for anything. While I see your point, I think you might be giving a few poor examples to try to get it across.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1308890866' post='2740107']
Manslaughter is the accidental killing/killing without intent of a person, so I don't see what that counts for anything. While I see your point, I think you might be giving a few poor examples to try to get it across.
[/quote]

I didnt say he pland to kill him :P but he is a felon just the same.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308890342' post='2740093']
So basically, you tell him to bring it, but only if Fark is going to get to defend you. Not if its a fair (relatively, I know you have no tech but that's not his fault, you have more NS iirc) fight, that would be terrible.
[/quote]

Pretty much, yes.

RePePe said Farkistan (NS: 13.3 million) had no balls because it was unwilling to start an aggressive war with Nordreich (NS: 5.6 mil) - a 2.5 to 1 advantage:

[quote]If "someone actually [had] the balls to do something," I'd currently be engaged in a war with FARK. Unfortunately, they dropped their toy guns when they saw the real guns of alliances ready to defend their Nordic brother. [/quote]

As you will note from the quoted portion, he also definitely stated the obvious (that any aggressive attack on Nordreich would be responded to by its allies).

I responded by pointing out that was some critique coming from the member of an alliance Valhalla (NS: 4.7 mil) who wouldn't even be willing to start an aggressive war with Aloha (NS: < 0.1 mil) - a 47 to 1 advantage.

Now, as I pointed out earlier, if Valhalla decided it just had to have a war and was going to start one, I can't stop them. But, much like Nordreich before them, they could reasonably expect that any aggressive war on Aloha would be responded to by Aloha's allies. I wouldn't do it if I was Valhalla, but you got to do what you've got to do. Otherwise, we're all the same ball-less wonders (using the RePePe standard).

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1308890555' post='2740099']
Ah so all your talk is just that, talk. Im ready to roll mano a mano like you tried to say wouldnt happen yet you wont put your infra where your mouth is.

Fact is you just showed YOU are the eunech and cant do anything without friends along with the fact you are an infra hugging !@#$%.

I can live with that, can you?
[/quote]

If you've got pair sir it shoudn't matter who else was sittin at the table, play the game or fold.

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1308891033' post='2740111']
I didnt say he pland to kill him :P but he is a felon just the same.
[/quote]

So are a lot of things, some minor, some more serious, while manslaughter is more serious than say shoplifiting, it wouldn't be grounds to refuse somone, imo. But you aren't going to want to let someone in who is say a peadophile because there is a responcibility to protect the younger members of the alliance, so yes, what kind of a person an applicant is should play a bit of a part, depending on who/what they are, if it's irrelevent then fine but if it would harm the alliance then no.

This is all side-tracking though, most of the discussion here seems to be based on rumours and people got upset about an annoucment not being what they expected, drama over nothing, which degenerated into insults, silly really.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1308891302' post='2740115']
Now, as I pointed out earlier, if Valhalla decided it just had to have a war and was going to start one, I can't stop them. But, much like Nordreich before them, they could reasonably expect that any aggressive war on Aloha would be responded to by Aloha's allies. I wouldn't do it if I was Valhalla, but you got to do what you've got to do. Otherwise, we're all the same ball-less wonders (using the RePePe standard).
[/quote]

I think I see the point here, you aren't wanting/trying to start an aggressive war for your alliance but using it as an example to argue against the insult made towards Fark?

Edited by LittleRena

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1308890536' post='2740098']
Thank you Krack. What if a guy OOC is convicted of felony manslaughter for killing a guy how was molesting a child, Would they let in the felon? Do you get my point yet? To base your IC alliance membership on OOC activity is a little nuts. Its stocker creepy to think they go into their applicants OOC personal lives to verify they are not any of the things you listed. I know I sure as hell would not want to join an alliance that was going to dig into my past or present OOC life. I personally don’t give a rat’s ass what people do or think or have done OOC as long as they hold the same IC standards my alliance and allies do.
[/quote]

Yeah ... um ... neither Aloha or Fark use that standard. You're entitled to use whatever standard you want, but I reserve my right to criticize you for it. I don't speak for Fark, but my understanding of their attitude is that they don't dig into anyone's OOC life, but if a person makes details of their OOC life public, they can presume to be judged by it. In my opinion, "Don't be a child molester, don't be a violent felon, don't advocate violence behavior, use slurs, or generally be an asshat" is not an unreasonable standard. That's the one I use for people I associate with.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1308891325' post='2740116']
If you've got pair sir it shoudn't matter who else was sittin at the table, play the game or fold.
[/quote]

Gee sorry I dont want to go 1v400+, your man said I needed friends to fight, im here. He isnt and is still hiding behind daddy FARK's pantleg.

Ive agreed to go 1v1 with no outside help from alliance mates or allies

he hasnt agreed

If the little !@#$% does agree and posts it here for all to see like I have ill gladly give him a go :smug:

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1308891302' post='2740115']
Pretty much, yes.

RePePe said Farkistan (NS: 13.3 million) had no balls because it was unwilling to start an aggressive war with Nordreich (NS: 5.6 mil) - a 2.5 to 1 advantage:

As you will note from the quoted portion, he also definitely stated the obvious (that any aggressive attack on Nordreich would be responded to by its allies).

I responded by pointing out that was some critique coming from the member of an alliance Valhalla (NS: 4.7 mil) who wouldn't even be willing to start an aggressive war with Aloha (NS: < 0.1 mil) - a 47 to 1 advantage.

[/quote]
Valhalla didn't decide they wanted a war with you, chefjoe offered you one personally. You declined. Valhalla doesn't have any reason to attack your alliance, so why would they?

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1308891816' post='2740130']
Gee sorry I dont want to go 1v400+, your man said I needed friends to fight, im here. He isnt and is still hiding behind daddy FARK's pantleg.

Ive agreed to go 1v1 with no outside help from alliance mates or allies

he hasnt agreed

If the little !@#$% does agree and posts it here for all to see like I have ill gladly give him a go :smug:
[/quote]

You've placed your bet sir, you walk away from the table now and you loose. Unless your bluffin, put your cards on the table and let lady luck decide who goes home...

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1308888783' post='2740049']
Lets see whom wipes whoms nose with the help of friends.

Personally ill fight you 1v1 my nation vs yours right now with no help from my friends or alliance mates.

You game? or do you need your friends backing you to yap??
[/quote]

[/quote]

The level of backdown in this thread is off the radar.

:lol1:

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308892098' post='2740133']
Valhalla didn't decide they wanted a war with you, chefjoe offered you one personally. You declined. Valhalla doesn't have any reason to attack your alliance, so why would they?
[/quote]

Sir, I do believe your miss reading the cards, I don't see anyone's hand on the table yet. Unless you know somethin the dealer don't, why don't you just let these boys play their game.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1308892156' post='2740134']
You've placed your bet sir, you walk away from the table now and you loose. Unless your bluffin, put your cards on the table and let lady luck decide who goes home...
[/quote]

Sorry pal, its clear to all in this thread that you're mans bluff was called and he is a yellowbellied infra hugger. Say no u all ya like but its here for all to see :blush:

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1308892369' post='2740141']
Sorry pal, its clear to all in this thread that you're mans bluff was called and he is a yellowbellied infra hugger. Say no u all ya like but its here for all to see :blush:
[/quote]

You judge me wrong sir, I've no chips on the table. You wanna call yellowbelly, but your the one walking away.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1308891972' post='2740132']
you looking to join in

Ill be your huckleberry
[/quote]

I'm right [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=396041"]here[/url], say when.