war is afoot

dogbite

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1301245801' post='2678323']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96766&view=findpost&p=2567624

It happens.

BTW almost [u]Everyone[/u] does it, its nothing to be ashamed of just don't say it doesn't happen. hell,

[01:45] <&halushki> you know it happens sometimes, but let's not kid ourselves.
[/quote]

Adude, in that war, we made 20 declarations. You selected the "worst" couple and they were in the 80% range.

That does not even come close to the scores of declarations by G-6 that are in the 50.1% to 55% range, not to mention the 10:1 nuke ratio. Your attempt at drawing a generalized comparation does not hold up to the facts.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301246765' post='2678338']
Adude, in that war, we made 20 declarations. You selected the "worst" couple and they were in the 80% range.

That does not even come close to the scores of declarations by G-6 that are in the 50.1% to 55% range, not to mention the 10:1 nuke ratio. Your attempt at drawing a generalized comparation does not hold up to the facts.
[/quote]

How about the DF-OP war a few rounds back?

I'll get the stats on it in a few hours once I get on my other PC.

Confusion.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301246765' post='2678338']

[/quote]

Hey we tried to explain things to you, you didn't care for it. So why should we listen to your explanations?

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1301246819' post='2678339']
How about the DF-OP war a few rounds back?

I'll get the stats on it in a few hours once I get on my other PC.

[/quote]

As I said, I do not save assignments from anything but our last war. But I can assure you that we have NEVER made scores of declarations in the 50%- 60% range. It would have been impossible with the prior rounds game rules.

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1301246872' post='2678340']
Hey we tried to explain things to you, you didn't care for it. So why should we listen to your explanations?
[/quote]

What? That makes little to no sense.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1301244348' post='2678294']
I have no respect for you Paul711 but I must disagree with you here. a long war may benefit the low tier aspects of OP but a long war favors us, you don't fight better than the majority, PS and LE do, there are some good fighters in OP I will not deny that, of OP and work goes back tomorrow. Half of the opponents the G-6 high tier are fighting are broke while they have a ton of cash. 'Grown-Ups' get tired easily and fall asleep really fast. Isn't it on G-6's Priv. Irc channel a quote of something about OP- 'Being a Paradoxian means declaring on someone that's at 54 percentages of your NS, than complaining about it when the same happens to you XD'. This will last longer than 5 days.

Confusion.
[/quote]
Ditto, Confusion now who is pulling the strings? ;) You will be radioactive from this round forward.

[quote name='dogbite' timestamp='1301243131' post='2678278']
War is a funny thing. No matter what you do you cant make all sides happy.
[/quote]

I've seen it done before on TE.

[quote name='dogbite' timestamp='1301243131' post='2678278']
All i can tell you is try to have fun and when you had enough i will give you peace. Or we can go the whole round if you want but know a long war will favor G-6.[/quote]

*Sylvia looks around*
Who is saying this isn't fun?

[quote name='dogbite' timestamp='1301243131' post='2678278']I am not sorry we had to war in a war game.[/quote]

*sigh* I fixed that for you below. I'll even keep the attitude. As a general rule, I like a little attitude. It's the lack of truth that bugs me enough to keep arguing. However, Lander Clan's generals are starting to get jealous of the attention I'm paying to you.

[quote name='dogbite' timestamp='1301243131' post='2678278']I am not sorry THAT I LIED to WIN a war in a war game.[/quote]

Fair enough. :salute:

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1301210246' post='2678109']
To sum it all up for those of you just joining us:

G-6 is evil for not going to war
G-6 is evil for going to war

:ph34r:
[/quote]

That's called bi-losing

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1301227981' post='2678186']
When did you fight PS? jk, realise you meant TPC. :P

Thats about right, same for me, as all this Once an OP always an OP stuff didnt wash up. Your leaders didnt see our friendship as enough to stay neutral in our conflict is what pretty much sums it up for me.

No choice but to down declare for the high tier.
[/quote]

Thanks for not blowing up over a little mistake, i did mean TPC. You have a grudge OP and your here to settle that score. Which is fine and i wish you the best of luck, tho it is my place to stop you. I appreciate someone finally calling this for what it is, i just wish a certain little orange would stop playing innocent. Hopefully ill see you on the battlefield but i doubt it cus your about three times bigger than i am.

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1301210030' post='2678101']
I dont think fighting PS then the RE/syn dec on us should be classified as sitting back and waiting. PS had it worse than us with GR then the RE/syn dec while they were still at war. Anyone of these alliances cant solo declare on you guys because of your numbers which isn't your fault but should be considered when you post. I dont really have any problem with g-6 declaring on us other than confusion acting like he dint want this at all and we forced it on him. IDK about dogbite but confusion hates OP and has wanted to see us knocked down for awhile, which again is fine. I just wish he would call it for what it is.
[/quote]

Who said anything about Solo Declares? Hell, ya'll could have easily gotten 5-6 alliances to hit G-6 after our first war and prior to RE/Syn declaring on ya'll. Back when G-6 did not have that many nukes. Also, you may want to reread the posts in here and realize that most of those replying apparently do have a huge problem with G-6 declaring on ya'll.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301210275' post='2678110']
Now that was an interesing crawfish post.

In your prior post, you were claiming that there was nothing holding back all of us from hitting G-6.

Then, in your crawfish post, you cry that G-6 could not hit anyone because everyone else was already at war.

So, which is it?
[/quote]

Not sure if crawfish is supposed to be some sort of insult because crawfish is some gooooooooood eating. As Axolotlia said, it could easily have been both. There was some time between G-6's first war and when the other wars happened, which would give ya'll plenty of time to gather a coalition capable of taking G-6 on. Ya'll did nothing or went to war with other alliances. That is not G-6's fault. Nor did we have anything to do with planning other wars. That is like saying that tW has a hand in conducting all wars done by OP/LE/PS and what not. Simply put, it is not true for tW and it is not true for G-6 no matter what ya'll wish to think.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301210606' post='2678114']
Oh, come on.

Don't try peeing on my leg and then try to convince me that it is raining.

Numbers do not lie.
[/quote]

You are right, going back through the Forums, I noticed that there were not many wars around March 5th going on (I could be wrong as I did a quick glance and some wars may not have been announced) which means that the following alliances could have declared on G-6: (taken from the Amazing Sanction Race for members and score)

G-6 81 members and 26.72 score

DF 58 members and 18.24 score
PS 50 members and 15.71 score
OP 41 members and 15.21 score
BFF 48 members and 15.13 score
GR 54 members and 14.65 score
tW 42 members and 13.59 score
CA 48 members and 13.27 score
TL 44 members and 12.88 score

Fairly certain you could find 3-4 alliances in the list above that could easily have taken on G-6 and knocked us down quite a bit in the beginning. Ya'll did not and instead hit others. This is not G-6's fault that ya'll did not concentrate on G-6 in the beginning but allowed us to grow instead while warring other alliances and causing ya'll to halt in growth some, thus widening the gap.

So you are right, numbers don't lie.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1301231288' post='2678203']
More like G-6 has bad taste in leadership.
[/quote]

If our leadership is that bad, how come we are the top alliance in the game? That is not bad leadership. Frankly, the reason ya'll are where you are at in this war is due to ya'll not G-6. Ya'll allowed us to get where we are by not concentrating on G-6 at all. Ya'll allowed us to get where we are by warring other alliances instead of G-6. Ya'll could have easily declared on G-6 but chose not to. Then you !@#$%* and complain when G-6 declares war in what is a straight up war game. Maybe next time, ya'll will learn and hit G-6 earlier instead of waiting.

Confusion is a good leader, his personal grudges aside. Yes, I don't personally like the fact that he allows grudges to dictate some decision making and I wish he would grow up and cease that, but to state he is overall a bad leader for that is not true. Every leader has their flaws, this one flaw is just a bit worse than most. As for dogbite, he is also a damn good leader and frankly, the only flaw I see in him is that he lets Confusion allow his grudges to dictate some decisions. Again, every leader has their flaws and I have seen many other leaders having the same grudge flaw as Confusion.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301260347' post='2678474']
If our leadership is that bad, how come we are the top alliance in the game? That is not bad leadership. Frankly, the reason ya'll are where you are at in this war is due to ya'll not G-6. Ya'll allowed us to get where we are by not concentrating on G-6 at all. Ya'll allowed us to get where we are by warring other alliances instead of G-6. Ya'll could have easily declared on G-6 but chose not to. Then you !@#$%* and complain when G-6 declares war in what is a straight up war game. Maybe next time, ya'll will learn and hit G-6 earlier instead of waiting. [/quote]

Heh, at no point has PS or LE chosen their opponents; a few days into the round we were hit by GR, 30 minutes after that war we were hit by RE and Synergy. GR was the #2 alliance at the time they hit us, while RE and Synergy were #2 and #3. We didn't exactly have much down time in there to contemplate other actions, and neither did LE, who were still digging out from your lovely little early-round down-declare.

OP perhaps had a chance, but not much of one; they were hit three days after their war with TPC peaced out. Perhaps they would have hit G-6, but G-6 itself had just come out of a war...if one can call the little grab-bag escapade a war.

On the more general point that we should, in future, look to stomp the !@#$ out of whatever project Confusion has on the go early in the round so that we can move on to other business, it's a point well made and received.

You are right, going back through the Forums, I noticed that there were not many wars around March 5th going on (I could be wrong as I did a quick glance and some wars may not have been announced) which means that the following alliances could have declared on G-6: [/quote]

OP was at war with TPC from February 28th to March 4th and with RE/Sy from March 7th to March 15th.

As to "crawfishing"....

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/crawfish

But I do certainly agree with you that "crawfish is some gooooooooood eating"! :D

If our leadership is that bad, how come we are the top alliance in the game? That is not bad leadership.[/quote]

Let me restate what I meant, you have evil leadership.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301260347' post='2678474']Frankly, the reason ya'll are where you are at in this war is due to ya'll not G-6. Ya'll allowed us to get where we are by not concentrating on G-6 at all. [/quote]

Oh, I don't know. May have had something to do with your evil leadership convincing the Roman Empire and Synergy to attack us. It was a good strategic move. One I'm sure would have created a huge amount of complaining on G-6's part if OP, LE or PS did something similar.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301260347' post='2678474']Then you !@#$%* and complain when G-6 declares war in what is a straight up war game. Maybe next time, ya'll will learn and hit G-6 earlier instead of waiting.[/quote]

That's about the only option left, frankly. I mean, what are we going to do even if next time your leadership comes and suggests that G-6 and Pork Shrimp could team up or something? Believe them? SNORT!

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301260347' post='2678474']Confusion is a good leader, his personal grudges aside. Yes, I don't personally like the fact that he allows grudges to dictate some decision making and I wish he would grow up and cease that, but to state he is overall a bad leader for that is not true. Every leader has their flaws, this one flaw is just a bit worse than most. As for dogbite, he is also a damn good leader and frankly, the only flaw I see in him is that he lets Confusion allow his grudges to dictate some decisions. Again, every leader has their flaws and I have seen many other leaders having the same grudge flaw as Confusion.
[/quote]

The problem with acting on grudges is that by doing so, it's very likely that the group it is against will do the same. Before you know it, the grudge gets worse and worse between the participants, both sides feeling justified totally in their position because at one point A did something to B and at the next B did something to A and so on. That's fine if all you want TE to be is one huge grudge match between the same two sides. Frankly, I get bored fighting the same alliance over and over after a while.

Not sure if crawfish is supposed to be some sort of insult because crawfish is some gooooooooood eating. As Axolotlia said, it could easily have been both. There was some time between G-6's first war and when the other wars happened, which would give ya'll plenty of time to gather a coalition capable of taking G-6 on. [b]Ya'll did nothing or went to war with other alliances. That is not G-6's fault. Nor did we have anything to do with planning other wars.[/b] That is like saying that tW has a hand in conducting all wars done by OP/LE/PS and what not. Simply put, it is not true for tW and it is not true for G-6 no matter what ya'll wish to think.

[/quote]
Bold faced lie, Confusion and other in G6 leadership, mainly Confusion, did help plan or actively encouraged others to fight the various members of this war aginst G6 to keep us from interfering with their flag run and for revenge. I can prove everything.

Who said anything about Solo Declares? Hell, ya'll could have easily gotten 5-6 alliances to hit G-6 after our first war and prior to RE/Syn declaring on ya'll. Back when G-6 did not have that many nukes. Also, you may want to reread the posts in here and realize that most of those replying apparently do have a huge problem with G-6 declaring on ya'll.
[/quote]

I dont know how it works in G-6 but in OP we are allowed our own opinions. I don't have a problem with StevieG because he calls this for what it is. I have a problem with Confusion acting as if he dint want this fight and we forced him into it. Thats a bunch of bull%$&#. Both of our AA's wanted this war in some form or another, maybe not on current terms but OP and confusion have one thing in common, we both hate each other. OP leadership (for the most part) was prepared to leave this little feud behind which is one of the reasons we never declared on G-6. We also never had a chance. If OP and G-6 went to war it was going to be along one. Anyone could figure that out. There was no reason to start an all round (or at least a few weeks) war 10 days in. Then we went to war with TCP and three days out of that war we got hit by RE/syn. After the RE/syn war we have been just sitting and building and waiting for G-6 to hit us. We all knew it was coming. My problem with G-6 dec is confusions take on it and the fact that you were in 1 war. I dont know much about that war but it couldn't have been very damaging. Then you just sat there and built up and prepared to hit us. And if confusion says he had any other plans but to hit us, he's lying.

[quote]OP and confusion have one thing in common, we both hate each other[/quote]

Mark is correct that everyone in OP is allowed their opinions and trust me, they do not hold back.

As to hating Confusion....

Speaking just for myself, I do not hate him because I do not even know him. But I can tell you that I disagree with his deceitful, misleading and manipulative approach to running an alliance and his childish and grudge-filled approach to interalliance interactions.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1301261108' post='2678484']
Heh, at no point has PS or LE chosen their opponents; a few days into the round we were hit by GR, 30 minutes after that war we were hit by RE and Synergy. GR was the #2 alliance at the time they hit us, while RE and Synergy were #2 and #3. We didn't exactly have much down time in there to contemplate other actions, and neither did LE, who were still digging out from your lovely little early-round down-declare.

OP perhaps had a chance, but not much of one; they were hit three days after their war with TPC peaced out. Perhaps they would have hit G-6, but G-6 itself had just come out of a war...if one can call the little grab-bag escapade a war.

On the more general point that we should, in future, look to stomp the !@#$ out of whatever project Confusion has on the go early in the round so that we can move on to other business, it's a point well made and received.
[/quote]

You do realize that tW hit LE alongside G-6. I am glad that you have received my point. It will make other rounds more fun as I hope that after the early on war against G-6/whatever incarnation people will stop !@#$%*ing when G-6 goes to war later on.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301261773' post='2678487']
OP was at war with TPC from February 28th to March 4th and with RE/Sy from March 7th to March 15th.

As to "crawfishing"....

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/crawfish

But I do certainly agree with you that "crawfish is some gooooooooood eating"! :D
[/quote]

Ahhhh... but nowhere in my statements then I remotely backpedal. I apologize for the misconception for OP or PS on the wars, like I said, it was a quick glance and the date of March 5th seemed like there was few wars.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1301262200' post='2678492']
Let me restate what I meant, you have evil leadership.[/quote]

Evil is all perception. I could easily state many other leaderships are just as evil and give what I consider valid reasons for it.

[quote]Oh, I don't know. May have had something to do with your evil leadership convincing the Roman Empire and Synergy to attack us. It was a good strategic move. One I'm sure would have created a huge amount of complaining on G-6's part if OP, LE or PS did something similar.[/quote]

So another tinfoil hat wearer. Also, if OP/LE/PS had hit G-6 early on, I doubt many would have complained as most of us enjoy war. When we got hit by others in the midst of war last round, most did not complain but simply enjoyed the war and hypocrisy displayed.

[quote]That's about the only option left, frankly. I mean, what are we going to do even if next time your leadership comes and suggests that G-6 and Pork Shrimp could team up or something? Believe them? SNORT![/quote]

You could possibly not take things from this round into the next round. tW did not which is why the first war was a G-6/tW production. But hey, you could just be a grudge-holder as well. It seems to be all the rage (and yes, I am including Confusion in this).

[quote]The problem with acting on grudges is that by doing so, it's very likely that the group it is against will do the same. Before you know it, the grudge gets worse and worse between the participants, both sides feeling justified totally in their position because at one point A did something to B and at the next B did something to A and so on. That's fine if all you want TE to be is one huge grudge match between the same two sides. Frankly, I get bored fighting the same alliance over and over after a while.
[/quote]

Oh I totally agree, which is why I have publicly called Confusion out, not only last round, but in this thread for acting on grudges. But, it is apparent from your quote above this one that you are more than willing to hold a grudge yourself.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1301262405' post='2678496']
Bold faced lie, Confusion and other in G6 leadership, mainly Confusion, did help plan or actively encouraged others to fight the various members of this war aginst G6 to keep us from interfering with their flag run and for revenge. I can prove everything.
[/quote]

Please provide proof of this allegation or just shut the $%&@ up. I see this !@#$ thrown around without any proof whatsoever. Please provide proof or stop lying yourself. KTHXBAI.

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1301263466' post='2678507']
I dont know how it works in G-6 but in OP we are allowed our own opinions. I don't have a problem with StevieG because he calls this for what it is. I have a problem with Confusion acting as if he dint want this fight and we forced him into it. Thats a bunch of bull%$&#. Both of our AA's wanted this war in some form or another, maybe not on current terms but OP and confusion have one thing in common, we both hate each other. OP leadership (for the most part) was prepared to leave this little feud behind which is one of the reasons we never declared on G-6. We also never had a chance. If OP and G-6 went to war it was going to be along one. Anyone could figure that out. There was no reason to start an all round (or at least a few weeks) war 10 days in. Then we went to war with TCP and three days out of that war we got hit by RE/syn. After the RE/syn war we have been just sitting and building and waiting for G-6 to hit us. We all knew it was coming. My problem with G-6 dec is confusions take on it and the fact that you were in 1 war. I dont know much about that war but it couldn't have been very damaging. Then you just sat there and built up and prepared to hit us. And if confusion says he had any other plans but to hit us, he's lying.
[/quote]

So wait, you have a problem with the fact that we were only in 1 war, while OP was only in 2. And to top that off with, instead of warring G-6, you waited for us to hit you. Again, way too much !@#$%*ing from OP for the facts they keep letting slip.

If you had a problem with G-6 being in only 1 war, then come at us instead of waiting for us to hit you. You could have stopped letting us prepare like a bunch of dumbasses. Or did you do that in order to be capable of !@#$%*ing about another action G-6 takes because that seems to be the only possibility since you had enough time to hit us.

As for Confusion, well if your own leadership holds its hatred of Confusion as much as Confusion hates OP, then frankly, this should not be brought up as it equalizes out. As for Confusion's take, meh who cares. War is War. I just get tired of the damn whining taking place.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301264170' post='2678515']
Mark is correct that everyone in OP is allowed their opinions and trust me, they do not hold back.

As to hating Confusion....

Speaking just for myself, I do not hate him because I do not even know him. But I can tell you that I disagree with his deceitful, misleading and manipulative approach to running an alliance and his childish and grudge-filled approach to interalliance interactions.
[/quote]

Well the deceitful, misleading, manipulative bit is all perception. He has not lied to G-6, nor mislead us, nor manipulated us so I have no clue why would even state that. His FA approach may have that edge, but that has nothing to do with running an alliance. So please clarify your meaning, cuz if you actually mean running an alliance, then you are just talking out your ass and basically flat out lying since you would have no idea whatsoever of how Confusion runs an alliance. Hell, I remember back when I helped run BLACK (way back in the day), I was one of the first to give Confusion a chance at leadership and helped him out where I could (back when he was Marcus). He has talent, just needs more focus still.

As for his grudge-filled approach, I also don't like this and hopes he grows the $%&@ up and gets over it.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301270194' post='2678609']
You do realize that tW hit LE alongside G-6. I am glad that you have received my point. It will make other rounds more fun as I hope that after the early on war against G-6/whatever incarnation people will stop !@#$%*ing when G-6 goes to war later on.
[/quote]

I'm well aware that tW hit there, and at the time I expressed my dismay that they -- an alliance that I genuinely like and respect, and alongside whom I've fought several times -- were involved.

On the possibility of future early-round wars against G-6/whatever, I'm not quite sure that you grasp exactly the lesson people are liable to take from this.