Alliance Chart

Achilleus

Why doesn't somebody make a chart of the current political situation (or combine it with historical situations), listing all the alliances like a family tree? You know, little boxes with words in 'em that are connected by lines forming ninety-degree angles. Anybody done that yet?

You mean a treaty web? One did exist, a very good one I may add. Not sure if it's still around.

there has not been an updated 2-D version since pre karma war. there is a 3-D module made by Bob Janova but its against the forum rules to link to the download for it.

there has not been an updated 2-D version since pre karma war. there is a 3-D module made by Bob Janova but its against the forum rules to link to the download for it.

See, I know I've heard of the "Karma War" before, but I've completely forgotten who was in it and why . . .

Erm... I did this a year ago...

Believe me, you don't want to see it, let alone do it yourself.

Here's a link to a pic of the web as of 27th January 2008:

http://i35.nonpermited image host.com/spc6e0.jpg

Please, DO NOT try to make a 2-D treaty web. YOU WILL FAINT.

Bob Janova's 3-D web is amazing though, so go to his thread if you want to see an up to date treaty cluster$%&@. Can be found here.

Edited by Tromp

I see how it would be hard, Tromp, but the 2-D one wouldn't be too difficult with sufficient organization. The problem is that there's no coherent center and no division of colors. Here's how it should go down:

There should be different treaty webs for each Team; they should progress like a genealogical family tree, with extra notes where necessary; where there are overlapping treaties between alliances in different Teams, a subset family tree could be whipped out (that's where it would get confusing).

I would start on this, but my intimate knowledge of CN politics is poor at best.

I would advise you to ignore team color completely while making this 2D web. Has no bearing on the web and would only complicate matters more.

MS Visio might be a good tool to do this, having attempted this once, i can feel nothing but awe and admiration for your attempting it now.

Dividing it into a color sphere web and a non-sphere web would make it slightly easier, since it would erase unnessecary lines on the latter.

For example, Alliance A is blue and treatied to 8 different alliances, but 5 of those alliances are blue as well. Therefore on the color web Alliance A would have 5 lines, and on the 'main' treaty web, they would only have 3.