A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1300404845' post='2668429']
this post is rich. considering i never stated you lied to Sparta to get them into this war
[/quote]
Yeah about that.
[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1300399490' post='2668251']
so i wonder if you are realizing, too late apparently, that MK/et al are a bunch of liars? it appears they lied to ya'll in Sparta about their reasoning for war.
[/quote]

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1300404845' post='2668429']
If FAN broke the terms, then they deserve to be attacked. i recall quite a stink being raised by DH over Carpe Diem's entrance into this war. unless of course you are now stating that Carpe Diem will not receive any punishment except white peace since it is obviously okay to break peace terms?

yeah, ya'lls !@#$ still stinks no matter how you attempt to dress it up. Ya'll claim that NPO should have put aside years of hate from MK/et al while MK/et al attack NPO due to !@#$ that took place years ago. yup. hypocrites. liars. and so on and so forth. seriously, ya'll need to step back and actually look at your actions before you attempt to criticize others for failing to do the same as ya'll failed to do.
[/quote]
The term that FAN broke was a technicality, they had too many soldiers on 3 or so nations, it was used as an excuse to roll them. Are you actually claiming that it was FANs fault when even NPO is not trying to make that claim anymore?

Carpe Diem broke their surrender terms deliberately so the situations doesn't even compare.

As for the rest of your post it's just baseless slander how does us having a bad cb in your opinion make us liars? You're not even make sense anymore. I get that you don't like MK but it's just sad when you try to dress up your uninformed opinions as facts.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300405225' post='2668441']
It's not OCC. The play must be about VE and GOONS, IC subjects. Either way, who cares? He has a month to write it, going by the NPO timetable.
[/quote]

Must Schattenmann personally write the entire thing?

I mean it isn't like you could be sure of such a thing anyway, just wondering. 20 pages split between 20 members isn't quite as bad, and would make for an interestingly choppy narrative.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300404689' post='2668423']
We don't consider any term a "lulz" term, because we hate that word. If Schatt likes words so much he should have no problem structuring them into a play.
[/quote]
Well, it would take a lot longer than a one page essay, especially since Schattenmann demands such high quality of his own work. Do you expect him to be the sole contributing author?

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300405411' post='2668448']
Yeah about that.

The term that FAN broke was a technicality, they had too many soldiers on 3 or so nations, it was used as an excuse to roll them. Are you actually claiming that it was FANs fault when even NPO is not trying to make that claim anymore?

Carpe Diem broke their surrender terms deliberately so the situations doesn't even compare.

As for the rest of your post it's just baseless slander how does us having a bad cb in your opinion make us liars? You're not even make sense anymore. I get that you don't like MK but it's just sad when you try to dress up your uninformed opinions as facts.
[/quote]
Its not that you don't have a cb that makes you a liar, its that you guys have literally attempted to reach to the moon to find one. You claim you are bored with the game and wish to go out blazing and yet your still plotting to carry on further. If you wish to go out in a blaze of glory I'm more than happy to oblige, but if I wanted a &#$@ and bull story I'd read Hemingway.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300405344' post='2668446']
A novel attempt to drive a wedge in our relations. The noble Cult has 100% of my support.
[/quote]

You misunderstand me, I am 100% happy for you to not accept terms, as I am 100% happy both of you will stick by each other. Seeing as I know you wont accept terms, it makes me 100% happy that I know both your alliances will continue to be beaten on.

Also you can be assured I'm 100% [b]not[/b] trying to drive a wedge between you guys.

Are you 100% clarified now?

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300405835' post='2668458']
Its not that you don't have a cb that makes you a liar, its that you guys have literally attempted to reach to the moon to find one. You claim you are bored with the game and wish to go out blazing and yet your still plotting to carry on further. If you wish to go out in a blaze of glory I'm more than happy to oblige, but if I wanted a &#$@ and bull story I'd read Hemingway.
[/quote]
Our cb seem to change between your posts. It started as preemptive attack, then it was related somehow to the karma war (I never really got that one) and now it's apparently boredom and going out in a blaze of glory.

I don't think we had to work very hard on our real cb (which you can find in our DoW thread) and I do think it's very honest. By all mean call it a mean one if you want but if you try to claim that it's dishonest you're really grasping for straws.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1300404515' post='2668420']
Maybe they don't want to write this amazing play GOONS [i]must[/i] have? You may consider it a "lulz term", but CoJ may find it humiliating.
[/quote]

If we're using "I don't want to do that" as a valid reason to reject a suggested term, then every peace term in every war up to and including "cease fighting" is disgusting and extortionate.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300402436' post='2668359']Are beer reviews, milk reviews, orange juice reviews against the rules? I don't think they are. Surely this falls in that category.[/quote]

They should be.

No seriously, joke reps should be refused at all opportunities, vigorously insulted by every bystander that wanders through, and made firmly against divine law with extremely permanent consequences.

Any nation even merely suggesting the possibility of a a "sort-of" joke rep should be vaporized to the ground by Almighty Admin himself. If an alliance leader suggests it the entire leadership of the alliance should be vaporized along with 1 in 10 of the general membership as well.

Joke reps should be a cardinal sin on Bob, imo, I kid you not. I for one will never submit to them.....ever. Write that down and remember it for future reference.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1300406283' post='2668470']
They should be.

No seriously, joke reps should be refused at all opportunities, vigorously insulted by every bystander that wanders through, and made firmly against divine law with extremely permanent consequences.

Any nation even merely suggesting the possibility of a a "sort-of" joke rep should be vaporized to the ground by Almighty Admin himself. If an alliance leader suggests it the entire leadership of the alliance should be vaporized along with 1 in 10 of the general membership as well.

Joke reps should be a cardinal sin on Bob, imo, I kid you not. I for one will never submit to them.....ever. Write that down and remember it for future reference.
[/quote]

Too much coffee? You have me bested, are you being serious or not, If you are being serious then LOL, if not then LOL.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300403613' post='2668400']
While walking the opposite direction down the sidewalk, Umbrella punches Pacifica in the face for no reason.

Umbrella then offers that if Pacifica lets them freely kick them around a bit, Umbrella promises to just walk away after 30 minutes.

I don't know, I think Pacifica has really good reasons to not be trusting here.
[/quote]

Or you can try to stop acting like you're made of the lead of Francograd's roofs and look at the bigger picture here. Just for you, I'll even pick up your example so you can understand it better.

VE finds out Polaris somehow convinced a kid to steal a piece of VE's sister underwear. VE proceeds to go punch Polar in the face as consequence. Polar has a gang around her. In that gang there's the weird kid, Legion, who is also a member of Pacifica's gang. More than that, Polar's number 2 in the gang, STA, is a friend of Pacifica's number 2 in her gang, TPF.

While VE and other Umbrella's allies are having fun exchanging punches with Polar and the gang, Umbrella sees Pacifica and the gang stretching the muscles while walking the opposite direction of the sidewalk. Umbrella punches Pacifica in the face for the reason stated above. Pacifica and her allies then run to their moms and say they won't leave the house until Umbrella, MK and GOONS stop camping outside. Umbrella, MK and GOONS say they won't stop camping outside until Pacifica has been beaten up enough - let's say 30 minutes - so they stop posing a threat and learn their lesson.

You ask why Pacifica should trust Umbrella? I ask why not.

[quote name='Penguin' timestamp='1300405595' post='2668455']
Well, it would take a lot longer than a one page essay, especially since Schattenmann demands such high quality of his own work. Do you expect him to be the sole contributing author?
[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300405592' post='2668454']
Must Schattenmann personally write the entire thing?

I mean it isn't like you could be sure of such a thing anyway, just wondering. 20 pages split between 20 members isn't quite as bad, and would make for an interestingly choppy narrative.
[/quote]
Anyone he wants can help him, but he should still be the driving force behind the work. It also doesn't have to be 20 pages as I've said before.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300406514' post='2668477']
Anyone he wants can help him, but he should still be the driving force behind the work. It also doesn't have to be 20 pages as I've said before.
[/quote]

But it must be at least 800 "non-repeating, coherent" lines, yes?

How strictly are you enforcing "in Shakespearean style"? Does that mean having everything in iambic pentameter and so on, or does it mean throwing in an occasional 'forsooth'?

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300406172' post='2668466']
Our cb seem to change between your posts. It started as preemptive attack, then it was related somehow to the karma war (I never really got that one) and now it's apparently boredom and going out in a blaze of glory.

I don't think we had to work very hard on our real cb (which you can find in our DoW thread) and I do think it's very honest. By all mean call it a mean one if you want but if you try to claim that it's dishonest you're really grasping for straws.
[/quote]
[quote]A first strike is not deplorable when against a foe of strength, but one must make sure their political situation is unassailable before doing so.

Or, perhaps it is even more simple than that.

Maybe it's just a matter of loathing. Maybe it is because we believe that Everything. Must. Die. Maybe it is because we think you deserve to burn.

It doesn't actually matter. Whatever reason we decided to state, our foes would take their own, believe it, and attempt to spin it to their benefit. I welcome them to try. I wish them good luck, even, for they will surely need it. As for us? We always hear people saying "Do something about it!" with great bravado, so how about this?[/quote]

Yes that is a great cb. Do you even know what cb means? Its not completely brain dead if thats what you think.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300406982' post='2668484']
Yes that is a great cb. Do you even know what cb means? Its not completely brain dead if thats what you think.
[/quote]
The reasons for war are quite clearly stated in your quote. Whether those reasons are acceptable to you or not is completely in the eye of the beholder, of course.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300406982' post='2668484']
[/quote]
What's the point in arguing the CB? They attacked, and now are saying "If you want to end this, this is how you do it." It doesn't matter why. You're in that situation; the reasons why don't matter at this point.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300406811' post='2668482']
But it must be at least 800 "non-repeating, coherent" lines, yes?

How strictly are you enforcing "in Shakespearean style"? Does that mean having everything in iambic pentameter and so on, or does it mean throwing in an occasional 'forsooth'?
[/quote]
It doesn't have to be precise, and if Schatt wants to debate the details of the play (length or otherwise) to make it more palatable, that's fine.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1300407434' post='2668494']
What's the point in arguing the CB? They attacked, and now are saying "If you want to end this, this is how you do it." It doesn't matter why. You're in that situation; the reasons why don't matter at this point.
[/quote]

Obviously. Thank you.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1300407434' post='2668494']
[/quote]
I hope you will remember that when you take your place in line friend.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1300406510' post='2668476']
Or you can try to stop acting like you're made of the lead of Francograd's roofs and look at the bigger picture here. Just for you, I'll even pick up your example so you can understand it better.

VE finds out Polaris somehow convinced a kid to steal a piece of VE's sister underwear. VE proceeds to go punch Polar in the face as consequence. Polar has a gang around her. In that gang there's the weird kid, Legion, who is also a member of Pacifica's gang. More than that, Polar's number 2 in the gang, STA, is a friend of Pacifica's number 2 in her gang, TPF.

While VE and other Umbrella's allies are having fun exchanging punches with Polar and the gang, Umbrella sees Pacifica and the gang stretching the muscles while walking the opposite direction of the sidewalk. Umbrella punches Pacifica in the face for the reason stated above. Pacifica and her allies then run to their moms and say they won't leave the house until Umbrella, MK and GOONS stop camping outside. Umbrella, MK and GOONS say they won't stop camping outside until Pacifica has been beaten up enough - let's say 30 minutes - so they stop posing a threat and learn their lesson.

You ask why Pacifica should trust Umbrella? I ask why not.
[/quote]

VE pimped their own sister out though. Therefore your story is not quite accurate.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300406438' post='2668473']Too much coffee? You have me bested, are you being serious or not, If you are being serious then LOL, if not then LOL.[/quote]
They relate to things not of Bob. Things not of Bob should be forbidden.

Furthermore, either your enemy is worthy of simple peace or he is deserving of real reps. That is respectful.

Joke reps are a way of embarrassing your enemy while trying to appear magnanimous. That is disrespectful.

Yeah, I'm quite serious about my stance.

I'm just wondering. How many wars will NPO fight over the great FAN conflicts? I thought "KARMA" was formed to clear up all the grudges. FAN did get peace right? I could have sworn that they did. Many of you may have disagreed with NPO's actions in the past(KARMA war), but wasn't that axe dulled a while back? Many disagree with the CB of this war. It would be much more tasteful to come out and say, "Look, we don't like NPO and we don't need a better reason to attack." Reaching for reasons to attack is just stupid. Then, you try attack the pride of Pacifica? Offering them any kind of terms for peace, in a war that they had no place in, is just ridiculous. I remember a time in CN history, when attacking an alliance for no reason was disgraceful. Yet, today, you wear a smile on your face and stick your chests out. Why is that? Because you think that you can? How many times do you believe you'll get away with that? Eventually, you'll be in NPO's position.

Side note: GOONS, did you not learn anything by your disbandment?

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300407670' post='2668502']
I hope you will remember that when you take your place in line friend.
[/quote]
If that day ever comes, you won't hear me complaining about the CB. Promise. Now you might want to get yourself out of the gutter before you try and bring up my well-being.

[quote name='Achilles' timestamp='1300407938' post='2668507']
I'm just wondering. How many wars will NPO fight over the great FAN conflicts? I thought "KARMA" was formed to clear up all the grudges. FAN did get peace right? I could have sworn that they did. Many of you may have disagreed with NPO's actions in the past(KARMA war), but wasn't that axe dulled a while back? Many disagree with the CB of this war. It would be much more tasteful to come out and say, "Look, we don't like NPO and we don't need a better reason to attack." [b]Reaching for reasons to attack is just stupid. Then, you try attack the pride of Pacifica? Offering them any kind of terms for peace, in a war that they had no place in, is just ridiculous. I remember a time in CN history, when attacking an alliance for no reason was disgraceful. Yet, today, you wear a smile on your face and stick your chests out. Why is that? Because you think that you can? How many times do you believe you'll get away with that? Eventually, you'll be in NPO's position. [/b]

Side note: GOONS, did you not learn anything by your disbandment?
[/quote]

Just curious, I wasn't around at the time, but isn't that exactly what NPO did?

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1300407944' post='2668508']
If that day ever comes, you won't hear me complaining about the CB. Promise. Now you might want to get yourself out of the gutter before you try and bring up my well-being.
[/quote]
pshaw far from the gutter, still sitting back in my chair with a montecristo and some bourbon. But I didn't do so well on the stock market last year unfortunately. :(