A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300578206' post='2670506']
Okay, you want to know why? Because I hate CoJ. I hate them, [color=blue]I hate them[/color]. They take great pains to annoy and undermine us, a while back one of them completed the mercy board challenge of somebody without our permission for example (we would have allowed it, ironically enough). In addition, they are also part of the red dawn body which continually refuses to sanction nuclear rogues on us, out of spite. And finally, I despise Schattenmann on a personal level. He is a slimeball who twists the facts to match the picture he tries to paint, attempting to influence public opinion by way of distortion, trying to replace the truth with his farce. GOONS and VE have been his targets in the past, to a great extent.

So in short, this war is worth a lot to us, so we're not letting it go easily. We are not unreasonable though, and we have given him very reasonable terms, terms we are still willing to negotiate on, I might add, if he didn't flat our refuse the play.

EDIT: Also WCE.
[/quote]

:wub: Hello, tiger.

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1300578447' post='2670509']
So, what you are saying is that because NPO won't play the way you want to, you won't give them peace?? I mean after you went to the trouble to attack them out of the blue they have the nerve to fight the way they want to fight and not the way you want?? How ungrateful of NPO!!

Ya know, there is all this talk of "knowing" that NPO would enter the war if you did....so doesn't that mean that if you had stayed out of the war NPO would have?? oh wait, you don't know that, cause you didn't give them a chance.
[/quote]

It's more beneficial for them in the long term to get this over with as soon as possible. The longer they sit and stagnate, the more money they waste and the stronger we become.

And why would we give them a chance to hit us? Are you seriously implying that despite knowing that they were going to enter the war against us, we should've just let them hit us first as it's only fair?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Guest avenger218

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1300578887' post='2670517']
it's a lighthearted way for me to say i think you are not very competant.

[img]http://mbloomer1.edublogs.org/files/2011/02/moran-vzamo0.jpg[/img]

if you follow that rule, it will serve you well whether you are friend or enemy of NPO.
[/quote]
attacking an alliance for virtually no reason whatsoever is competent?

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300579463' post='2670531']
[/quote]
Look if you're going to decry the attack, call it "cruel", "unreasonable", "mean spirited" or "hegemonic", competent just makes it sound like we filled out paperwork in the office correctly.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300578826' post='2670516']
In my eyes smacking your side about doesn't warrant a reason needed. I just like it and it makes me happy inside. Moral I certainly am not. Enjoying this, I certainly am.
[/quote]
I guess we do have the honor of being the recipients of Coalition wide Shark week eh?

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300579669' post='2670533']
Look if you're going to decry the attack, call it "cruel", "unreasonable", "mean spirited" or "hegemonic", competent just makes it sound like we filled out paperwork in the office correctly.
[/quote]
Like it or not you didn't, the section where you fill in the CB was left blank, the 40 pages where you put a valid reason was left blank. not only that you attacked an alliance that was irrelevant to this war.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300578627' post='2670512']
Ehh? What do you mean all 3 of your nations?
[/quote]

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300578786' post='2670515']
I normally don't hide in hippie, I reroll and get back in.
I'm only in hippie for OOC RL reasons.
[/quote]

....or you could answer his question.

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300579463' post='2670531']
[/quote]

Again, I've covered this before, but we were going to help Pandora's Box and I imagine Doomhouse would have came along for the ride, since the NpO front was pretty heavy. But you can't do that with 25 million NS sitting on the sidelines with multiple ways to enter the war.

The reason is, you must seize the offensive. Attack, attack, attack.

You can say you weren't going to enter all you want, but the reality of the situation is, once Doomhouse committed we would have made a pretty tasty target and it would be a foolish thing to ignore NPO, after all the slights they had been slyly working in against Doomhouse during the previous months.

That's plenty of reason. And it shows a good deal of competance in the military war rooms of Doomhouse, imo.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1300579402' post='2670529']
It's more beneficial for them in the long term to get this over with as soon as possible. The longer they sit and stagnate, the more money they waste and the stronger we become.

And why would we give them a chance to hit us? Are you seriously implying that despite knowing that they were going to enter the war against us, we should've just let them hit us first as it's only fair?
[/quote]

Where is your proof that they were going to hit you?? Are you saying that you have proof that NPO was going to Pre-empt you?? All I said was that if NPO was staying out cause you were, then if you stay out NPO does.

And what is the benefit of coming out?? Letting you devistate their upper teirs?? or maybe they should stay where they are and continue to let you funnel money into GOONs and your own lower teirs...hmm that acctually sounds like a plan that causes you problems. Seems to me that you have more to gain by NPO coming out and getting things over with than they do.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1300579909' post='2670538']
....or you could answer his question.
[/quote]
I am not going to answer.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300578206' post='2670506']
Okay, you want to know why? Because I hate CoJ. I hate them, [color="blue"]I hate them[/color]. They take great pains to annoy and undermine us, a while back one of them completed the mercy board challenge of somebody without our permission for example (we would have allowed it, ironically enough). In addition, they are also part of the red dawn body which continually refuses to sanction nuclear rogues on us, out of spite. And finally, I despise Schattenmann on a personal level. He is a slimeball who twists the facts to match the picture he tries to paint, attempting to influence public opinion by way of distortion, trying to replace the truth with his farce. GOONS and VE have been his targets in the past, to a great extent.

So in short, this war is worth a lot to us, so we're not letting it go easily. We are not unreasonable though, and we have given him very reasonable terms, terms we are still willing to negotiate on, I might add, if he didn't flat our refuse the play.

EDIT: Also WCE.
[/quote]
Don't act all innocent. It's not like aiding a rogue hitting Schatt wasn't going to escalate the situation or knowingly antagonizing him and red with Red Raiding Safari. Don't ***** about them not helping you guys without showing them a helpful hand.

You're both cool dudes, and I wish you two would just settle your ****. If it helps, I'll supply the tea for you.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1300580473' post='2670552']
Don't act all innocent. It's not like aiding a rogue hitting Schatt wasn't going to escalate the situation or knowingly antagonizing him and red with Red Raiding Safari. Don't ***** about them not helping you guys without showing them a helpful hand.

You're both cool dudes, and I wish you two would just settle your ****. If it helps, I'll supply the tea for you.
[/quote]
You clearly don't have the full picture of that situation, that was a mistaken tech deal, a tech deal we offered to reimburse CoJ for, the offer was turned down.

[quote name='AngryMidget' timestamp='1300580208' post='2670544']
87 pages and people are still complaining about DH's CB?

Why can't "We don't like you" be valid enough to justify a war?
[/quote]
No, you see, it's only valid if the victim is GOONS.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300580116' post='2670543']
I am not going to answer.
[/quote]
Are you refusing to answer the question because the response could provide self-incriminating evidence of an illegal conduct punished by penalties or forfeiture?

Guest avenger218

[quote name='AngryMidget' timestamp='1300580208' post='2670544']
87 pages and people are still complaining about DH's CB?

Why can't "We don't like you" be valid enough to justify a war?
[/quote]
That's the thing, there was no CB, that's what I've been hammering on.
as for the REASON you attacked, we don't like you either, does that
make it ok for us to do a 300 alliance vs 3 alliance doggie pile on you guys?
no it doesn't.
anyone can attack because they don't like you. the skill comes in settling our differences in a civilized manner like adults and move on. Wars are supposed to be for fun,
not exacting revenge for a beat down you took 3 and 4 years ago that over 50% of the current rulers don't even remember.
2 wrongs don't make it right man.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300580495' post='2670553']
No, you see, it's only valid if the victim is GOONS.
[/quote]

This is true. If you want to be scum, you can be treated like scum.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1300580610' post='2670554']
Are you refusing to answer the question because the response could provide self-incriminating evidence of an illegal conduct punished by penalties or forfeiture?
[/quote]

He doesn't have to answer because he doesn't have to answer.

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1300580610' post='2670554']
[/quote]
no because the answer would give him fuel to [OOC] OOC attack me[/OOC]

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1300580976' post='2670557']
[/quote]
Well at least one of you arrayed against us can admit to having double standards.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300581104' post='2670562']
Well at least one of you arrayed against us can admit to having double standards.
[/quote]

If you don't understand what the term 'double standards' means then don't use it. In order for a situation to be a double standard, it must be similar or comparable to another. Anything involving GOONS means that we deal on a level lower than with normal human beings, and therefore there is no similarity. You are scum, you have always been scum, you will continue to be scum, and for that reason we are not holding you to a double standard, we are simply treating you as you wish to be treated.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1300580976' post='2670557']
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure we're not talking about your alliance, but I'm glad we can agree you're scum.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1300581202' post='2670563']
If you don't understand what the term 'double standards' means then don't use it. In order for a situation to be a double standard, it must be similar or comparable to another. Anything involving GOONS means that we deal on a level lower than with normal human beings, and therefore there is no similarity. You are scum, you have always been scum, you will continue to be scum, and for that reason we are not holding you to a double standard, we are simply treating you as you wish to be treated.
[/quote]
So we are less than an alliance in your eyes? How delightful. Perhaps you should take some of that impotent rage and put it to pen, help Schatt with his play a little?

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300580974' post='2670556']
[u]as for the REASON you attacked[/u], we don't like you either, does that
make it ok for us to do a 300 alliance vs 3 alliance doggie pile on you guys?
[/quote]
I'm in NSO. I don't recall NSO being a member of Doomhouse, but I might be wrong. I might be on NPO's side of the war, and nobody likes having an allied alliance attacked, but I do not think Doomhouse's CB was bad.

If the roles were switched, would you be cheering on NPO and allies for hitting Doomhouse?