Notice of Disbandment

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1300011835' post='2662775']
Rest knowing that you have left your mark upon this world. We will never forget you, Anathema.
[/quote]
Sunday, March 13th - the end of the Anathemic. Farewell, Anathema. We hardly knew ye.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heinrich Schuster' timestamp='1300062546' post='2663651']
Im entitled to my opinion, and you wont take that from me.
[/quote]
Of course you are, and I didn't attempt to. But please, don't think you're in any position to say such things when both of those alliances, combined, would easily trump WAE. And when I say easily, I mean [i]easily[/i].

[quote name='x8BitL0gic' timestamp='1300063920' post='2663738']
my heart dropped immediately once i realized this was in fact not UPN's disbandment. false advertisement.
[/quote]
Then I hail UPN for not disbanding and continuing to be a thorn in someone's side. o/ UPN

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1300088340' post='2664317']
Glad to see the legacy of nonsensical posting will not die with Incitatus and Anathema.
[/quote]
Me too. We still see it every day from someone in Doom House. Warms my heart. :blush:

[quote name='Heinrich Schuster' timestamp='1300062546' post='2663651']
Im entitled to my opinion, and you wont take that from me.
[/quote]

17 hours. Wait what?

Congrats on further attaching your name to this failure Hadrian.

Edited by Fyfe XIV

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1300136634' post='2664869']
Congrats on further attaching your name to this failure Hadrian.[/quote]
To be honest, I would rather have given Anathema a "proper burial" than let it wither away into dust, whether it deserved one or not (in my eyes, it did).

[quote name='CombatPope' timestamp='1300141154' post='2664974']
hope you find/make somewhere you can enjoy without being $%&@ed over hadrian.
[/quote]
Bless me CombatPope, for I have sinned. :P

In all seriousness, thanks mate, I hope so too.

Edited by Hadrian

I just find it mind-boggling that you somehow had plans to make your own "3rd side" or whatever, when basically everyone hated you alliance from before kick-off, & your protector was firmly entrenched into a sphere already. It sounds more like you just would have been another treaty whore for both sides.

Meh.

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1300243870' post='2666077']
I just find it mind-boggling that you somehow had plans to make your own "3rd side" or whatever, when basically everyone hated you alliance from before kick-off, & your protector was firmly entrenched into a sphere already. It sounds more like you just would have been another treaty whore for both sides.

Meh.
[/quote]

Hate is a strong emotion. Wether it be love or hate, it is only a strong emotion that will get people to realise a 3rd force. All the negative comments reinforced the ideals in reality.

I was about to join Anathema until Kev told me about the whole spying... thing. I thought you all knew about it so I didn't tell y'all; I just told him to $%&@ off.

[quote]Session Start: Thu Feb 17 23:41:28 2011
Session Ident: Kevanovia
[00:08] <Kevanovia> But top-top-top gov access will be viewed by a select few of us founders
[00:09] <Hunter[LoSS]> weird
[00:09] <Hunter[LoSS]> anyway
[00:09] <Kevanovia> We're gonna be doing some shadey stuff, dude
[00:09] <Kevanovia> :P
[00:09] <Hunter[LoSS]> wait
[00:09] <Hunter[LoSS]> like what
[00:10] * Kevanovia shrugs
[00:10] <Kevanovia> I can't tell you unless you commit
[00:10] <Kevanovia> :P
[00:10] <Hunter[LoSS]> dude this isnt like vox is it?
[00:10] <Hunter[LoSS]> please tell me no
[00:10] <Hunter[LoSS]> lol
[00:11] * Kevanovia shrugs
[00:11] <Kevanovia> I can't tell you unless you're committed
[00:11] <Kevanovia> Also, did you vote?
[00:12] <Hunter[LoSS]> yes
[00:12] <Hunter[LoSS]> u mad?
[00:12] <Kevanovia> You have to put "voted" in the thread. But that's only if you're joining
[00:12] <Kevanovia> If you're not joining, then we have to either re-do the elections or edit it or something O_o
[00:13] <Hunter[LoSS]> well i need you to be honest with me. I was under the impression that this was gonna be a serious and respected alliance. Like how we were going to have real treaties... maybe even repair relations with loss, etc.
[00:13] <Hunter[LoSS]> like a real new beginning type of deal
[00:14] <Hunter[LoSS]> now im not so sure
[00:14] <Hunter[LoSS]> i dont want to commit to something where i dont know what will happen
[00:14] <Hunter[LoSS]> i dont want to constantly be at war
[00:14] <Hunter[LoSS]> anything like that
[00:15] <Hunter[LoSS]> and if thats gonna happen, then im done
[00:15] <Hunter[LoSS]> so be straight up with me
[00:15] <Kevanovia> Well, I can tell you that we are going to have legit treaties
[00:15] <Kevanovia> We are going to attempt to create a "3rd Way" a "3rd Path/treaty power"
[b][00:15] <Kevanovia> And be respected, but we also want to fuel drama
[00:16] <Kevanovia> However, unlike Vox we will be doing so in secret[/b]
[00:16] <Kevanovia> I'm not going to tell you what that consists of, until you commit, but I will tell you that we don't plan to constantly be at war.
[00:16] <Kevanovia> We don't plan on going to war anytime soon
[00:18] <Hunter[LoSS]> hmm
[00:18] <Hunter[LoSS]> the only part is that i dont like bringing attention to myself like that tho... it just seems like i would be going in the wrong direction
[00:18] <Hunter[LoSS]> no offense man
[00:18] <Hunter[LoSS]> if thats what you wanna do, go do it
[00:18] <Kevanovia> What do you mean?
[ooc][00:19] <Hunter[LoSS]> its rl for me[/ooc]
[00:19] <Kevanovia> O_o
[00:19] <Kevanovia> What do you mean "bring attention"
[00:19] <Hunter[LoSS]> lemme explain
[00:19] <Kevanovia> <Kevanovia> However, unlike Vox we will be doing so in secret
[00:19] <Kevanovia> That's the opposite of bringing attention
[b][00:19] <Hunter[LoSS]> eventually it will come out
[00:19] <Hunter[LoSS]> it just seems like spying
[00:19] <Kevanovia> By that time we would already be an established force[/b]
[00:20] <Kevanovia> I never said anything about spying
[00:20] <Hunter[LoSS]> i mean, when i said that i like gov dramaz... i meant the constant little things that happen every day. Not that type of !@#$.
[ooc][00:21] <Hunter[LoSS]> Recently, i got hit with a !@#$load of srs drama in RL.[/ooc]
[00:21] <Kevanovia> Dag yo
[00:21] <Hunter[LoSS]> and honestly, im trying to get over it
[00:21] <Kevanovia> :(
[00:21] <Kevanovia> Well we're just looking to have fun in this alliance
[00:21] <Kevanovia> And causing interest is our goal
[00:21] <Hunter[LoSS]> i understand dude
[00:22] <Hunter[LoSS]> but i have fun by doing everyday type of !@#$
[00:22] <Hunter[LoSS]> and gaining friends
[00:22] <Hunter[LoSS]> to pull in during war
[00:22] <Hunter[LoSS]> and !@#$
[00:22] <Kevanovia> I watched The Catalyst music video, and it gave me an urge to make us an overly aggressive alliance. We could all wear gas mask avatars and get up and yell "FREEDOM!" We would be against the current status quo, our mission could be to bring balance to Planet Bob. To make sure the sides of Planet Bob are always even, so that there may always be tension between alliances. (This is to ensure a...
[00:22] <Kevanovia> ...more fun political atmosphere) For example, if we were to form today - we would be against PB/MK, etc. Granted most of them are !@#$%bags anyway, so it wouldn't be hard to speak out against them and their "treacherous ways".
[00:22] <Kevanovia> That is a goal summary of what we're about ^
[00:22] <Hunter[LoSS]> not manipulating people behind their back.
[00:22] <Kevanovia> We're going to be gaining friends
[00:23] <Kevanovia> Hunter...it's a game[/quote]

To be fair those are really funny logs.

[quote]<Kevanovia> I watched The Catalyst music video, and it gave me an urge to make us an overly aggressive alliance. We could all wear gas mask avatars and get up and yell "FREEDOM!"[/quote]
I can't see how this could fail.

[quote name='Hunterman1043' timestamp='1300296845' post='2666536']
I was about to join Anathema until Kev told me about the whole spying... thing. I thought you all knew about it so I didn't tell y'all; I just told him to $%&@ off.
[/quote]

So let me get this straight. You knew about Kev's "shady" drama provoking activities, yet you allowed your alliance to sign an MDoAP with them? This might have been something to post in your alliance forums before you decided to make them your ally. You know, as opposed to posting it in your self righteous glorification thread. But hey, I guess you'd rather let the OWF know how awesome you are while you vilify someone who trusted you than letting your alliance know some useful information. Like I said earlier, classy move there. I can only assume LoSS government didn't know about these logs or else their treaty cancellation and surprised attitude when it hit the fan is an absolute disgrace.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: I really doubt LoSS knew about this. I like LoSS, I'm by no means a LoSS hater. I just hate log dumpers.

Edited by King Charge

[color="#0000FF"]I never have run a spy operations, or tried to rather, but those logs....."we're going to be doing something top secret, but I can't tell you about it." I'm amused at how terrible this alliance turned out to me. I mean, my God, if you're going to operate a spy ring don't tell just anybody about it. And don't even hint about it to outsiders. Vox let the world know they were spying, and so did FAN. But that was for the psychological impact, and it was done after they had gotten people placed. Plus, they were already being rolled so it didn't matter if anyone knew. But dear Christ, I think you just wanted to feel important with the "I have a secret" jib.[/color]

[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1300370737' post='2667663']
I had no idea haha. I work too much <_<
[/quote]
Well I'm not entirely sure, mostly just going off of this part:

[00:11] <Kevanovia> Also, did you vote?
[00:12] <Hunter[LoSS]> yes
[00:12] <Hunter[LoSS]> u mad?
[00:12] <Kevanovia> You have to put "voted" in the thread. But that's only if you're joining
[00:12] <Kevanovia> If you're not joining, then we have to either re-do the elections or edit it or something O_o

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1300370302' post='2667658']
I'm more amused that non-members were apparently able to anonymously vote in government elections? Fantastic.
[/quote]
They weren't. Hunter was a member and also the guy hosting the forums we were working out of.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300370647' post='2667661']
[color="#0000ff"]I never have run a spy operations, or tried to rather, but those logs....."we're going to be doing something top secret, but I can't tell you about it." I'm amused at how terrible this alliance turned out to me. I mean, my God, if you're going to operate a spy ring don't tell just anybody about it. And don't even hint about it to outsiders. Vox let the world know they were spying, and so did FAN. But that was for the psychological impact, and it was done after they had gotten people placed. Plus, they were already being rolled so it didn't matter if anyone knew. But dear Christ, I think you just wanted to feel important with the "I have a secret" jib.[/color]
[/quote]
I'm going to assume that this was directed at Kev/Incit.

Otherwise, I'll have to assume you're blind.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300332866' post='2666887']
So let me get this straight. You knew about Kev's "shady" drama provoking activities, yet you allowed your alliance to sign an MDoAP with them? This might have been something to post in your alliance forums before you decided to make them your ally. You know, as opposed to posting it in your self righteous glorification thread. But hey, I guess you'd rather let the OWF know how awesome you are while you vilify someone who trusted you than letting your alliance know some useful information. Like I said earlier, classy move there. I can only assume LoSS government didn't know about these logs or else their treaty cancellation and surprised attitude when it hit the fan is an absolute disgrace.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: I really doubt LoSS knew about this. I like LoSS, I'm by no means a LoSS hater. I just hate log dumpers.
[/quote]

To be fair, I was sick with bronchitis for awhile. I wasn't aware that we were signing a treaty with them until I came back from being sick and saw it signed. Plus, I'm only a member at LoSS now... I haven't been privy to gov talks in ages. How the $%&@ was I supposed to know that we were even considering signing a treaty with them right out of the box? When I thought about joining Anathema, one of the key points that made me consider them was that they were going to repair relations with LoSS. No one said anything about a treaty so quick. When Kev hinted about spying I split.... I wanted nothing to do with that. I've had my fair share of that.

Plus these weren't the best of logs either to go spouting off accusations of spying... I didn't want to directly accuse them of spying when all I was told that he might do some spying. Only now do the logs make sense because it came out from another source that he (Kev) was going to lead Anathema down a bad path of spying. I did, however, tell a few of my close friends in gov my displeasure of Anathema and that it would probably fail within a month at best. It was up to them to take that as they wished. If I knew about the treaty proposal before it got signed, and if I had gov access, I would've posted the logs anyway on our forums to help prevent it from being signed.

Now would you have rather me posted redacted logs? I honestly think that's slightly worse. I'd rather post the whole log or at least a good chunk of it to show everything that was talked about. No one berates an OP that post logs so get off my case.

Does that clarify a bit for you?

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1300393049' post='2668070']
They weren't. Hunter was a member and also the guy hosting the forums we were working out of.
[/quote]

Correction... I only setup the forums... Randy was the one with the host. I would never host a forum of an alliance that I wasn't sure of joining. Plus that was all before I knew of the "shady stuff" that Kev was talking about.

Edited by Hunterman1043

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1300018960' post='2662837']
Weren't you in TGE and THL?

Yeah, dude, shut the hell up.
[/quote]

TGE used to be a great alliance, and withstood alot before it's fall.

THL is still around, as far as I know.

So you have no business implying that these alliances were somehow full of more, or just as much fail as anathema

[quote name='Hunterman1043' timestamp='1300402657' post='2668370']
Correction... I only setup the forums... Randy was the one with the host. I would never host a forum of an alliance that I wasn't sure of joining. Plus that was all before I knew of the "shady stuff" that Kev was talking about.
[/quote]
My apologies, I stand corrected.

[quote name='ZeroRemorse' timestamp='1300479924' post='2669311']
Very cruel lol

OOC: I like your pick with the menacing words. I very well like my nation, please stay away from it :lol1:[/quote]
I know you're new to this, but the last thing you do is go around feeding people's egos.

[quote name='Comrade Trotsky' timestamp='1300480588' post='2669330']
TGE used to be a great alliance, and withstood alot before it's fall.

THL is still around, as far as I know.

So you have no business implying that these alliances were somehow full of more, or just as much fail as anathema[/quote]
Quite the contrary. Anathema was not a failure until the spying attempts were discovered. After that point, it came crashing down.

On the other hand, TGE failed/crashed down for the better part of a year and a half before disbanding, and THL has been a failure since its inception- signing a bunch of treaties, getting into a bloc and generally doing jack !@#$. Oh, and we shan't be forgetting the super-fast surrender any time soon.

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1300481352' post='2669344']
Love the way people still actually care about this, get over it, anathema is no more...[/quote]
I know, right?

It's like they actually thought we going to succeed or something.