The Return of Sithis

Sithis

"My Lord? My Lord, it's time."

[i]The motionless mound in the white silk sheets, surrounded by a deep read canopy on supported by the four mahogany posts on each corner of the bed, suddenly came to life. It was 6 a.m., and Lord Sithis I, of the Kingdom of Realm, began his day. The attendant who had awoken him walked over to the far side of the room, each step clicking on the concrete floors, drew the curtains and revealed the stunning view of the African coastline.[/i]

"The documents you requested are on your desk, sir. Let me know when you're ready."
"Yes, thank you. That will be all." [i]Sithis didn't stop to chit chat with the attendant, aside from his grogginess, his diplomatic charm needn't be wasted on hired help. After donning his usual attire - Realmic Red military jacket with his plethora of awards, medals, and ribbons; his ivory riding pants tucked into his black boots, and his gold ring, with the Lions of Realm and the ruby, the former nation's jewel. After eating breakfast left by the attendant, he walked over to his desk, grabbed the aforementioned documents and put them into a leather dossier.

The morning air was damp, cold, and, to Sithis, refreshing. As he strode across his private estate off of the African coast, Sithis stopped and turned to marvel at his view. Below him sat the capital city of Cheydinhal, already booming with activity this early in the morning. Cheydinhal and the rest of the island had come under his control, and with, the help of his military, the island's native inhabitants hadn't objected to his takeover. Known as Mobuku to its inhabitants, Sithis had commissioned the complete renovation of the entire city, beginning with his hilltop fortress. The renaming of the city to Cheydinhal was but one of many of the ways Lord Sithis and the Realmic people payed homage to their former home, left vacant by political collapse.[/i]

[center][img]http://www.hogwild.net/images/Misc/castle-edinburgh-castle.jpg[/img]

[i]Castle Bruma, Lord Sithis I's private estate. The fountain in the foreground was built to commemorate those who lost their lives in Realm's collapse.[/i]

[img]http://www.concierge.com/images/destinations/destinationguide/europe/scotland/edinburgh/edinburgh/edinburgh_004p.jpg[/img]

[i]Aerial view of Cheydinhal. Castle Bruma can be seen in the background to the left.[/i]
[/center]

[i]Sithis broke from his distraction and climbed into the car waiting for him, with the white and Realmic red flags sitting protruding from each corner. The car was one of six in the motorcade that transported the Lord to the main government offices within Cheydinhal. Upon arrival, Sithis discovered his staff was already waiting for him. Foreign Minister Miles Cortigan was waiting with Minister of Defense Hugh Tanner in the prepared conference room, crammed with international reporters. After years of construction, the time for announcement had come. Looking into the cameras in front of him, Sithis began to make history. Tanner and Cortigan watched their Lord from an adjacent room. Amongst the backdrop of the new flag of Realm, Sithis' words poured out over the airwaves.[/i]

"People of the world, I greet you with a clean mind and happy heart on this beautiful morning. I speak to you now from the comfortable station of Cheydinhal. While our capital city is no longer on the continent, our residence gives an easing assurance that our home is nearby. We have spent many years rebuilding and reorganizing, but now, I, as Lord of Realm, can safely say that we, the Realmic people, live again. [b]The Kingdom of Realm is reborn.[/b] It has been a long, difficult journey, but I can assure you that we are here to stay.

It seems that much has changed in our absence. Gone are the days of Realmic prosperity on continental Africa. Many old friends have disappeared. But, in their place, new faces emerge. While the coming days will be extremely busy, I can assure you that we certainly look forward to meeting those who wish to extend the hand of friendship. The Pan-African Coalition has collapsed, but Realm remains steadfast in its commitment to a secure, united, and strong Africa.

When we last left you, this world was muddled with sordid 'discussions' of might vs. might, who is better than who, and 'my friends can beat up your friends.' With our emergence, Realm pledges the following: while we will not impose on others how they wish to do business, we will always maintain conversation of the utmost integrity, and even our worst enemies will have our respect. The political atmosphere does not need to be one polluted by the conversations of uneducated neophytes. Together, we can resolve to promote constructive discourse about the key issues of the day. We look forward to working with you all in the future.

Respectfully, Sithis I, Lord of Realm.

At this time, I open the floor for questions."

Edited by Sithis

[quote]Lord Sithis,

It warms my heart to know that the Kingdom of Realm is once more, and that its people and their Lord are still among us. Many are the days since our nations' cooperation in Sahrani, and long are the days since the Pan-African Coalition. In a time when Staatspresident Botha has been assassinated and Transvaal fallen to terrorists, it is a beacon of hope that an old nation can return anew.

The Union of Arctica extends its formal recognition of Realm, and hopes that it may live on for as long as the spirit of its people.

Your Friend,
Vedran I, Sovereign of Arctica[/quote]

OOC: Really put a smile on my face to see you back. Now if only Ranather came back and Botha started playing again, we could have the old Africa.

The Kingdom of Realm thanks the Union of Arctica for the warm welcome. We have not forgotten our mutual friendship, forged in the days of the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=29796"]Sahrani Crisis[/url], and we look forward to renewing this bond again. The recent assassination of Staatspresident Botha brought sadness to many in Realm, and the turmoil across Africa is certainly something that needs to be addressed.

OOC: Happy to be back here again, I've been rereading some of our old Africa threads and they're really great, definitely feeling a bit nostalgic.

**Private Message from James**

Hello old friend. It has been many, many years since we last talked. Novak has evolved and changed with the times, and I have since retired from active politics. I remember the days of PAC and working alongside you, and I remember the days of Africa when the nation of Sithis was in Sudan. I can speak for the citizens of Novak when I say this, we will help you. Our ancient friendship has not been forgotten, and even the current President fought for Novak alongside your nation. He too has not forgotten the ancient friendship. I urge you to reconnect with the current leadership, they will be honored to hear from one of Novak's historic allies.

**End**

The Kingdom of Realm thanks all in the international community who have voiced their support. We look forward to working with you all in the future.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1299793146' post='2659050']
**Private Message from James**

Hello old friend. It has been many, many years since we last talked. Novak has evolved and changed with the times, and I have since retired from active politics. I remember the days of PAC and working alongside you, and I remember the days of Africa when the nation of Sithis was in Sudan. I can speak for the citizens of Novak when I say this, we will help you. Our ancient friendship has not been forgotten, and even the current President fought for Novak alongside your nation. He too has not forgotten the ancient friendship. I urge you to reconnect with the current leadership, they will be honored to hear from one of Novak's historic allies.

**End**
[/quote]

[font="Courier New"][b]Private Message from Cheydinhal, Realm[/b]

I'm glad that the memory of Old Realm still lives on. I look forward to rekindling our relationship, I will be in touch.

Sithis

[b]End Private Message[/b][/font]

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1299798080' post='2659127']
Millions of Scottish women simultaneously collapsed to their knees, whimpering, after a wave of manliness swept over them.
[/quote]

OOC: Happy to see you too ;)

To: Lord Sithis I, HRH

It has been far too long since we last spoke. Seeing the news that Realm is reborn brought me much happiness, seeing a friend, ally, and trustworthy state and individual rise once more upon the world stage. It goes without saying that Rebel Army extends it's recognition to Realm once more, and we eagerly look forward to a new era of cooperation and friendship with Realm, our old bonds never forgotten.