A Protectorate Agreement

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you'll banter on for some time about a refusal to pay reps. If you decide to attack our protectorate however, it will be reps, as you've been warned. So, assuming you'll make some big spectacle of not paying reps for attacking our protectorate, then we very much have the resolve to continue this fight for as long as is needed. You however, do not.

I can't help but notice you're still talking. Not doing anything. Still. Not. Doing. Anything.

Edited by Lucius Aerilius

[quote name='Lucius Aerilius' timestamp='1299601340' post='2656754']
I can't help but notice you're still talking. Not doing anything. Still. Not. Doing. Anything.
[/quote]
You prefer we act against TFE without first trying to resolve our issue? My dear Lucius, I am a statesman.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299602244' post='2656764']
You prefer we act against TFE without first trying to resolve our issue? My dear Lucius, I am a statesman.
[/quote]
No, my friend, you are an orator if nothing else. You certainly have a way with words, and I'm not so foolish as to not respect it. This time however, you have nothing to back those words up with. Its not the bark or the growl, but rather the bite that hurts. So are you going to bark all day, or are you going to bite? Our position has been made very clear, and if you chose to make an attempt at TFE, you can never say you were not well aware of the consequences, which I assure you will be dire.

Edited by Lucius Aerilius

[/quote]
Haven't the last 6 pages made our stance clear? Or do we need another 10 pages before you'll understand?

This issue will not be determend by threats but by action so either take it or keep your nose out of our buisness, you got your own losing fight to focus on.

[quote name='paulus magintie' timestamp='1299604653' post='2656789']
Haven't the last 6 pages made our stance clear? Or do we need another 10 pages before you'll understand?

This issue will not be determend by threats but by action so either take it or keep your nose out of our buisness, you got your own losing fight to focus on.
[/quote]
You are aiding an alliance that has declared war on the Cult of Justitia for sport; as Presbyter of the Cult of Justitia, that is my business.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299604761' post='2656790']
You are aiding an alliance that has declared war on the Cult of Justitia for sport; as Presbyter of the Cult of Justitia, that is my business.
[/quote]
And like i said you cannot stop us using words and yet you continue talking.

[quote name='paulus magintie' timestamp='1299604952' post='2656792']
[/quote]

I dare say Schatt is losing his touch, and has bitten off more than even he can talk his way out of lol. Well played Paulus.

[quote name='paulus magintie' timestamp='1299604952' post='2656792']
[/quote]
It is unfortunate that we will have to resort to... harsher methods... to teach you this lesson in global politics.

I dearly wish you would have heeded our words, but it is clear you will not. But rest assured, this lesson will be taught.

You know where to find me should you change your mind, it is not yet too late.

[/quote]
I think if the last few pages have showed anything, it's that TFE will not bow to you. So my question is: Are you gonna keep barking, little doggie? Or are you going to bite?

I would tremble, TFE, if I were you. For Schattenmann and HeroofTime55 are leaders of formidable alliances completely capable of meting out punishment to those that aid their less prepared enemies. Fear their ten in-range nations, and do not underestimate the five in Peace Mode.

Best of luck, TFE. You'll certainly need it.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299606414' post='2656807']
It is unfortunate that we will have to resort to... harsher methods... to teach you this lesson in global politics.

I dearly wish you would have heeded our words, but it is clear you will not. But rest assured, this lesson will be taught.

[/quote]
This probably sounded way cooler in your head but please, give us some warning next time you're going to burst out with something like this, I can't stop laughing.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299606414' post='2656807']

[/quote]
"TFE, if you don't stop tech dealing with ODN, you're going to be in trouble!

I'm warning you, young man!

5... 4... 3.........

1 and a half..................................

1 and a quarter.......................................................

Well....... you get away with a warning this time. And not because we're too weak, mind you!"

~Poiven

I saw you guys a little while ago lurking on the Display All Alliances page with your tiny ANS, and was curious when you'd pop your heads up. To see that one of your first acts on the world's stage is to get into a headbutting match with Schattenmann brings me no small amount of joy.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1299611289' post='2656877']
I saw you guys a little while ago lurking on the Display All Alliances page with your tiny ANS, and was curious when you'd pop your heads up. To see that one of your first acts on the world's stage is to get into a headbutting match with Schattenmann brings me no small amount of joy.
[/quote]
What can we say we like to make an entrance.

[quote name='Lucius Aerilius' timestamp='1299599019' post='2656704']
How does it feel to know that you will be either beaten until you cease to exist, or face reps that will keep you a non-factor in this game for a very long time if you should chose to make any effort to cash the check your mouth has written?[/quote]
Regardless of all the threats you guys are slinging at each other in this thread, I thought that this line was particularly interesting.

What a wonderful, forward-thinking policy you have there. It reflects wonderfully on C&G. I'm sure it will do wonders to silence all the talk about the coalition being the new Q. Did nobody learn anything from such behavior the first time around?

Not to mention this is all kind of laughable, given ODN's history.

[quote name='Vasuda' timestamp='1299612940' post='2656894']
Regardless of all the threats you guys are slinging at each other in this thread, I thought that this line was particularly interesting.

What a wonderful, forward-thinking policy you have there. It reflects wonderfully on C&G. I'm sure it will do wonders to silence all the talk about the coalition being the new Q. Did nobody learn anything from such behavior the first time around?

Not to mention this is all kind of laughable, given ODN's history.
[/quote]
CoJ won't be disbanded. And the only thing that's laughable is that someone actually took that seriously.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1299613753' post='2656900']
CoJ won't be disbanded. And the only thing that's laughable is that someone actually took that seriously.
[/quote]
As soon as Schatt replied, I knew that was how that was going to get spun lol.

Ahhh OWF, don't you ever change.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1299613753' post='2656900']
[/quote]
How is it supposed to be taken, then? As empty bravado? ODN just blowing more hot air? That certainly reflects well on you, too. Especially considering you mocking Schattenmann for his threat-making.

[quote name='Vasuda' timestamp='1299615912' post='2656925']
How is it supposed to be taken, then? As empty bravado? ODN just blowing more hot air? That certainly reflects well on you, too. Especially considering you mocking Schattenmann for his threat-making.
[/quote]
Simply that, as we all know how Schatt is, he'll bawwww and cry and throw a giant tantrum on here over the travesty of having to pay reps for attacking an uninvolved, brand new AA who happens to be our protectorate. And that he will not escape said reps, even if that means that CoJ will be in a perpetual state of conflict with us.

Moral of the story: Attack TFE, we fight until you pay. Or get mad and take your ball and leave.

[quote name='Lucius Aerilius' timestamp='1299616377' post='2656937']
Simply that, as we all know how Schatt is, he'll bawwww and cry and throw a giant tantrum on here over the travesty of having to pay reps for attacking an uninvolved, brand new AA who happens to be our protectorate. And that he will not escape said reps, even if that means that CoJ will be in a perpetual state of conflict with us.

Moral of the story: Attack TFE, we fight until you pay. Or get mad and take your ball and leave.
[/quote]
To be fair, they are involved. Since 2007, everyone has known that sending aid in wartime is itself an act of war. I've gotten myself into trouble for doing just that in the past.

To demand terms from CoJ is your right, but these terms should not be so great that they cause irreversible damage to the Cult's community. In other words, terms should neither demand, nor [i]imply[/i] disbandment. They should be wholly reasonable for the size and makeup of the alliance in question.

It will be interesting to look back a few months from now and see how your course of action relates to what you have just reassured us of here.

[quote name='Vasuda' timestamp='1299616742' post='2656944']
To be fair, they are involved. Since 2007, everyone has known that sending aid in wartime is itself an act of war. I've gotten myself into trouble for doing just that in the past.

To demand terms from CoJ is your right, but these terms should not be so great that they cause irreversible damage to the Cult's community. In other words, terms should neither demand, nor [i]imply[/i] disbandment. They should be wholly reasonable for the size and makeup of the alliance in question.

It will be interesting to look back a few months from now and see how your course of action relates to what you have just reassured us of here.
[/quote]

I may have worded things a tad strongly, but who can blame me for having a little fun with Schatt amiright?

The situation may have precedence, but its a bit unusual. TFE is a brand new AA, large enough to bring some life back to this place and actually end up being an impactful player in global affairs. Our dealing with them is honestly as much to see them grow and prosper as it is to get some yummy tech. It might be odd to others out there, but we here in the ODN genuinely want to see our friends in TFE succeed. Not have some faux cyber bully try and threaten and intimidate them in the early stages of their time here.

Any statements from myself or any other ODN'er as to the severity of reps is probably inaccurate. I can have some fun with Schatt, but in the end the Senate and SecGen are the only one with the authority to negotiate reps and stuff. I'll do my best to push for them to be severe, as there was a great deal of warning and nasty, dirty tactics used by CoJ and whatstheirname64somethingorother, but in the end that is not my decision.

I think in a few months you'll look back on this and remember it as the day Schatt was unable to do more than talk.