Carpe Diem Announcement

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299310958' post='2653321']
Aw man, you sure got us pegged. :facepalm:
[/quote]

Well can you blame anyone for being suspicious? This is supposedly an official Carpe Diem announcement, yet in the first three pages we see no word at all from Carpe Diem members.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299311096' post='2653325']
Well can you blame anyone for being suspicious? This is supposedly an official Carpe Diem announcement, yet in the first three pages we see no word at all from Carpe Diem members.
[/quote]
Yeah, NSO has a long history of forcing people to fight for us :rolleyes:

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299310913' post='2653320']
I see where you are going, and my answer would be to point you to the part of the terms where it says "or the equivalent".
[/quote]

In the last two months there have been two separate Spartans who have declared on two separate Pacificans, and I can guarantee you that their wars were in no way, shape, or form authorized by any member of government. NPO managed to restrain themselves from declaring war on us, probably because I talked to their gov, admitted that our members were acting without authority, apologized, and offered to repair the damage. If I recall correctly, a Spartan spied away a nuke of a NSO member, and as far as I know that situation was resolved. I would like to see some logs of MK refusing to diplomatically resolve this situation, because one or more than one rogue attacks does not a declaration of war (or the equivalent) make.

It is my understanding that youwish believed he was acting under instructions from Carpe Diem government. It appears that that belief was incorrect. I would not regard this is an oficial statement or a formal declaration of war at this juncture.

Thank you for your time, have a nice night.

(alcohol may have been involved, it is unclear)

Edited by Heft

[quote name='Dibbun' timestamp='1299311255' post='2653327']
In the last two months there have been two separate Spartans who have declared on two separate Pacificans, and I can guarantee you that their wars were in no way, shape, or form authorized by any member of government. NPO managed to restrain themselves from declaring war on us, probably because I talked to their gov, admitted that our members were acting without authority, apologized, and offered to repair the damage. If I recall correctly, a Spartan spied away a nuke of a NSO member, and as far as I know that situation was resolved. I would like to see some logs of MK refusing to diplomatically resolve this situation, because one or more than one rogue attacks does not a declaration of war (or the equivalent) make.
[/quote]
You'll have to wait until Kevin wakes up for the logs. And the fact that it was more like 6 members of MK, and they hit people including our Emperor, plus they have been continuously aiding nations we are at war with, makes us much less inclined to believe it's all roguery. I highly doubt you're stupid enough to believe what you're arguing.

Edit: added "for the logs".

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299311195' post='2653326']
Yeah, NSO has a long history of forcing people to fight for us :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I don't think you as an alliance are trying to force anyone to fight for you, although it seems plausible to me that Youwish is doing such on his own.

You cannot deny that it is unusual to:
-Have a member of another alliance post your Declaration of War
-Not launch any wars after declaring war
-Not post at all in your own Declaration of War
-When asked on IRC if you are at war, answer that you don't know

edit: You see, all suspicions are vindicated.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299311096' post='2653325']
[/quote]
It's all well and good to be suspicious, it's a bit of a leap to go straight to us forcing our ally and bloc-mate into a war. How would that work exactly, anyway? 'Welp, there was a DoW put out with your name on it, you're stuck with it now'? If CD didn't agree with it I don't think they'd have much difficulty getting out of it.

[quote name='Dibbun' timestamp='1299311255' post='2653327']
[/quote]
They weren't rogues, we just didn't bother with a Declaration of War.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1299311570' post='2653337']
[/quote]

When would say your attacks became significant enough to be considered the equivalent of a Declaration of War?

I realize this subject is purely academic at this point.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1299311570' post='2653337']
[/quote]
Well I guess that answers that now, anyone else think it's a big conspiracy?

Why are we all arguing about validity of war. On two occasions in this war people have gone to war without citing any legal means what so ever (including some of the people complaining about said validity). If CD wants to go to war, let 'em. I think this war has made it clear that legality is blurry and always will be, and if somebody wants to fight for their friends then they will fight for their friends regardless what other people say about it.

The arguing in this thread is pointless. Just shut up and go back to fighting.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299310758' post='2653315']
You presented it as an either/or thing, but because one of those things is untrue does not make the other automatically true. It is not an NSO joke. CD's government is not 'really bad'. Youwish was given permission to post the DoW, I'm not sure on the details why, but it was approved by CD gov.[/quote]
Telling someone not in your alliance to post your declaration of war for you, while you won't even on, and without telling your members what is going on, and with no wars launched with the declaration, is pretty awful.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1299311782' post='2653343']
Why are we all arguing about validity of war. On two occasions in this war people have gone to war without citing any legal means what so ever (including some of the people complaining about said validity). If CD wants to go to war, let 'em. I think this war has made it clear that legality is blurry and always will be, and if somebody wants to fight for their friends then they will fight for their friends regardless what other people say about it.

The arguing in this thread is pointless. Just shut up and go back to fighting.
[/quote]

Some of us have already had all of our opponents surrender. Arguing about treaty violations is all that there is left to do. :(

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1299311260' post='2653328']
It is my understanding that youwish believed he was acting under instructions from Carpe Diem government. It appears that that belief was incorrect. I would not regard this is an oficial statement or a formal declaration of war at this juncture.

Thank you for your time, have a nice night.

(alcohol may have been involved, it is unclear)
[/quote]

Glorious alcohol, the constant companion. Makes sense.