Tabloid Tribune #161

Sir Paul

Seems like the NPO was well organized and keenly aware of the danger they were in. And who today can blame them for considering FAN and MK threats? We've seen that y'all will launch unprovoked attacks after all. As for Dilber's single post, I agree 100% with what he said. I wish the NPO had followed his advice back when they were treatying and discarding allies over and over. And if that's all Dilber or Moo said then I don't think you have much of a case against Cortath at all.

[edit]clarity[/edit]

Edited by Ragashingo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1297225637' post='2626581']
So I saw one post from Dilber, offering his advice. Man, that's some crazy huge activity there, apparently.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. Note the quotes around valid and CB. I believe Sir Paul is saying that there are alliances, like MK and FAN, who would attack us at any point in the future for things we did in the past.

Not that they would [i]ever[/i] do that, I'm sure.
[/quote]

You seem to be missing the point (but you're NPO so it's to be expected :awesome: ). [i]Any[/i] participation in the direct planning for NPO's future puts the lie to Cortaths statement that Dilber does not have "[b]any[/b] active role in the affairs of our governance"

We saw this as proof that Cortath was trying like mad to position NPO into a spot where they could grow back to a powerhouse and trying to mollify FAN and MK by any means necessary, up to and including lying.

That fact is why we closed their consulate.

I think what word we needing to be focusing on is "active". If they were active, they would be doing this often. You've managed to cite a single case. That's not really active! Dilber doesn't have a job, all he can do is offer advice. This is not a role, nor does he actively fill one. So... we're arguing semantics, which is what Cortath said anyway. At any rate, I think the OP's point was that we had, in fact, made attempts to offer FAN diplomacy, unlike what they said.

Edited by Geoffron X

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1297227494' post='2626620']
I think what word we needing to be focusing on is "active". If they were active, they would be doing this often. You've managed to cite a single case. That's not really active! Dilber doesn't have a job, all he can do is offer advice. This is not a role, nor does he actively fill one. So... we're arguing semantics, which is what Cortath said anyway. At any rate, I think the OP's point was that we had, in fact, made attempts to offer FAN diplomacy, unlike what they said.
[/quote]
It's not an issue of semantics, it's one of the few black and white issues you get on this planet. Jocko (or rather, FAN) received assurances that none of the old crowd had [i]anything[/i] to do with the new NPO, and yet here is evidence that they do. This is clearly a thread of some importance and Dibler is replying to it.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1297228874' post='2626654']
It's not an issue of semantics, it's one of the few black and white issues you get on this planet. Jocko (or rather, FAN) received assurances that none of the old crowd had [i]anything[/i] to do with the new NPO, and yet here is evidence that they do. This is clearly a thread of some importance and Dibler is replying to it.
[/quote]

FAN received an assurance that none of the old crowd "had an active role" in government affairs. One post by Dilber (and none by Moo) in all these screen dumps does not constitute "active". You can be inactive but still pop in from time to time to say hello. It's obvious FAN were just looking for an excuse to shut down communications, and once they found it, they took the opportunity.

RE: Jocko - If we are such lying !@#$%^&* back in January, why re-establish relations with us in May? Remember, that whole active embassy you still have in Francograd? It's not like you never spoke to us again...

RE: Jocko - Also, my "valid" "CB" concern stemmed from, I believe, a (then) recent Athens attack using a stale CB. My concern is that MK and FAN were the type of people who may, in the future, attack us for no reason, except some rablings about not sending a Valentines Day card. The world would view it as "valid" because, hey, why not?

RE: New Frontier - Nominations will be annouced before the ceremony so people can show up to accept their awards and give speeches.

RE: D34th - [ooc]Yes, that is the Dark Templar[/ooc]

RE: The rest of you - Why does everyone always latch onto just one article? I was really hoping ther'd me more chatter about my terrible singing voice, the CNAA, and the machinations of my steward Archon.

[quote name='Sir Paul' timestamp='1297229891' post='2626680']
RE: Jocko - If we are such lying !@#$%^&* back in January, why re-establish relations with us in May? Remember, that whole active embassy you still have in Francograd? It's not like you never spoke to us again... [/quote]

Because we were actually trying to move past our differences with NPO. But we found again that you were not trying to move beyond them, you were just stalling for time.

RE: Jocko - Also, my "valid" "CB" concern stemmed from, I believe, a (then) recent Athens attack using a stale CB. My concern is that MK and FAN were the type of people who may, in the future, attack us for no reason, except some rablings about not sending a Valentines Day card. The world would view it as "valid" because, hey, why not? [/quote]

I just love it when you get cornered. :ehm:

[quote name='Demetrus' timestamp='1297229194' post='2626661']
FAN received an assurance that none of the old crowd "had an active role" in government affairs. One post by Dilber (and none by Moo) in all these screen dumps does not constitute "active". You can be inactive but still pop in from time to time to say hello. It's obvious FAN were just looking for an excuse to shut down communications, and once they found it, they took the opportunity.
[/quote]

"pop in from time to time to say hello." :blink:

[i][size="5"]"pop in from time to time to say hello.?!?![/size][/i] :lol1:

I'm sorry, but that is the single most stupid thing I have seen posted in a long time, and thats saying something.

"pop in from time to time to say hello." :v:

RE: The rest of you - Why does everyone always latch onto just one article? I was really hoping ther'd me more chatter about my terrible singing voice, the CNAA, and the machinations of my steward Archon.
[/quote]

Yeah, guilt trip me. That'll win you points! :P

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1297227003' post='2626602']
[i]Any[/i] participation in the direct planning for NPO's future puts the lie to Cortaths statement that Dilber does not have "[b]any[/b] active role in the affairs of our governance"

We saw this as proof that Cortath was trying like mad to position NPO into a spot where they could grow back to a powerhouse and trying to mollify FAN and MK by any means necessary, up to and including lying.

That fact is why we closed their consulate.
[/quote]
Oh for crissakes. This is what you're so pissy about?

Grow up. This is high school !@#$. "I saw my boyfriend talking to his old girlfriend! They're conspiring against me!"

Dilber and Moo were (now just Moo, as Dilber has left NPO) recognized in NPO as former Emperors. This gives them elevated forum access, and enables them to comment and advise when they have time for it.

They weren't running anything in NPO. Really weren't. Frankly, Dilber nearly left NPO over how the Karma war began, and Moo... well I think Moo had burnt out, as evidenced by how the Karma war began, and was happy to retire.

(OOC: Dilber also graduated and moved to a different country, so had much less time for CN.)

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1297228874' post='2626654']
It's not an issue of semantics, it's one of the few black and white issues you get on this planet. [b]Jocko (or rather, FAN) received assurances that none of the old crowd had [i]anything[/i] to do with the new NPO[/b], and yet here is evidence that they do. This is clearly a thread of some importance and Dibler is replying to it.
[/quote]
Uh, no, that's not what Cortath said. He said that Dilber and Moo weren't running things anymore.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297240323' post='2626822']
Uh, no, that's not what Cortath said. He said that Dilber and Moo weren't running things anymore.
[/quote]

No, he said they had no 'active role.' Which was obviously a lie. Learn to read.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1297262327' post='2626949']
No, he said they had no 'active role.' Which was obviously a lie. Learn to read.
[/quote]

Learn to let go of your myopia.

Ex-emperors are going to have access. Ex-emperors are going to be able to voice opinions. Ex-emperors are going to have influence just by existing. Deal with it.

That does not mean that they are serving in an official job description within government. If you can't differentiate between "having access" and "having an active role", then that is truly not our fault. Eat less lead. Your cognitive functions may gradually improve.

This whole issue is FAN grasping at straws in order to justify their continuing anger when they really don't have to justify it. Let's just fight and stop trying to win some miniscule propaganda point.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1297267415' post='2627022']This whole issue is FAN grasping at straws in order to justify their continuing anger when they really don't have to justify it. Let's just fight and stop trying to win some miniscule propaganda point.[/quote]

Hey Joe,

I am fighting. I have offensively engaged six different NPO nations during this war. Five of them bigger than me. I'm still haven't been anarchied yet but every nation I have engaged sure has. :smug:

On a slighty different note, you do realize "I[b]z[/b]uzu" is supposed to be spelled "I[b]s[/b]uzu" right? :awesome:

Edited by Jocko Homo

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297240323' post='2626822']
[/quote]

[size="4"][b]WRONG![/b][/size]

He said they did not have "[b]ANY[/b] active role."

If you are claiming that you see no difference between "running things" and having "ANY active role" then either you are simply spouting off what you think people on "your side" are supposed to say or you really need to go back to 2nd grade and do that whole reading comprehension section again.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1297267415' post='2627022']
Ex-emperors are going to have access. Ex-emperors are going to be able to voice opinions. Ex-emperors are going to have influence just by existing. Deal with it.

That does not mean that they are serving in an official job description within government.[/quote]

As one particularly handsome fellow said earlier:

[quote]....former leaders are inevitably seen to be part of an alliance's power structure, regardless of their lack of a formal title. There is a reason for this, of course, and it is because they [u]are[/u] part of an alliance's power structure.[/quote]

[b][center][img]http://www.venuing.com/voices/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kimjongil.jpg[/img]
[b][size="4"][color="#FF0000"]It is inebi-neb-neb-itable![/color][/size][/b][/center][/b]

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1297268827' post='2627044']
I am fighting. I have offensively engaged six different NPO nations during this war. Five of them bigger than me. I'm still haven't been anarchied yet but every nation I have engaged sure has. :smug:[/quote]

When I get within range, I will do my best to help you with that.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1297268827' post='2627044']On a slighty different note, you do realize "I[b]z[/b]uzu" is supposed to be spelled "I[b]s[/b]uzu" right? :awesome:
[/quote]

The nation of MomoLand doez not endorze the uze of the inzidiouz letter "[s]S[/s]".

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1297269476' post='2627053']
[size="4"][b]WRONG![/b][/size]

He said they did not have "[b]ANY[/b] active role."

If you are claiming that you see no difference between "running things" and having "ANY active role" then either you are simply spouting off what you think people on "your side" are supposed to say or you really need to go back to 2nd grade and do that whole reading comprehension section again.
[/quote]

I hear giving advice is the same as making decisions.

Funny that you guys are so hopped up over exact wording in light of:
[quote]We're not the "just get over it" types. In all those years [b]we haven't heard a peep out of you[/b].[/quote]

I like you, FAN, a lot more than I like NPO, but you come off as babies here. Propaganda effect achived.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1297269856' post='2627059']When I get within range, I will do my best to help you with that.[/quote]

Well, let's see. You are currently about 2.5X larger than me but judging by the fact your size has been halved in the last two weeks while I have actually increased modestly, I guess I'll be seeing you in about a week! I'll keep an offensive slot open since you'll no doubt be in anarchy and need someone else to do the declaring. Of course, no promises but I will try my best to reach out for you as you zoom by on your way to ZI. :v:

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1297284742' post='2627202']I like you, FAN, a lot more than I like NPO[/quote]

And I can say with complete confidence that we like you guys a hell of a lot more than NPO. :wub: Actually, that statement is almost useless since I like a lone floater, bobbing up and down in the toiled bowl better than I like the NPO. But you know what I mean.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1297267415' post='2627022']
Ex-emperors are going to have access. Ex-emperors are going to be able to voice opinions. Ex-emperors are going to have influence just by existing. Deal with it.[/quote]

When you claim to have learned your lesson and changed, yet continue to honour the most notorious war criminals in the planets history with exalted status in your alliance, people with functioning brain cells are going to suspect the obvious - that you have learned nothing, changed nothing, regret nothing, and are simply trying to lay low until you can find a way to grab power again.

When your supposedly new and different leader states flatly that, despite the fact we know they are indeed still exalted, honoured members of your alliance, they in fact play no longer play any active role, it would be unreasonable to expect anyone to just take his word for it, but a charitable person might at least give you the benefit of the doubt. Even though experience clearly indicates that would be a mistake.

But when evidence then comes to light proving that, in fact, he was lying - that at least one of them [b]is[/b] still playing an active role... even the most charitable person is going to run out of patience.

As you said, deal with it.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1297300900' post='2627489']
When your supposedly new and different leader states flatly that, despite the fact we know they are indeed still exalted, honoured members of your alliance, they in fact play no longer play any active role, it would be unreasonable to expect anyone to just take his word for it, but a charitable person might at least give you the benefit of the doubt. Even though experience clearly indicates that would be a mistake.

But when evidence then comes to light proving that, in fact, he was lying - that at least one of them [b]is[/b] still playing an active role... even the most charitable person is going to run out of patience.
[/quote]
It's not like you needed screenshots to know that former emperors had access to government discussions, that's kind of common knowledge and not that uncommon among many alliances. Just because they can speak doesn't mean that anyone has to listen or act on their words. They don't have any power, and thus no active role, in Pacifica's government. When you see an IO mask on one of them, then you can complain because that is when they have the power to create policy and enforce it.