The war on Evil.

Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296369177' post='2610646']
Exceeded in length only by the one you (NPO) perpetrated on FAN.

Shove that in your piehole and gag on it. :gag:
[/quote]

Got anything since 2009 on us?

Didn't think so.

Learn to let go.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296369008' post='2610639']
The difference being you were the bully in the past. You should have apologized, in an honest and forthcoming way, [b]rather than let the hate fester[/b]. Instead you wasted time on alliances like IAA apparently. You clearly didn't want to resolve the most important scars of the past well enough, and this is the result. Anything is possible with diplomacy, anything. If you were unsuccessful in your effort, you just weren't trying hard enough.

[/quote]
Did you ever stop to think that maybe NPO was going chronologically in dealing with its past "scars"? And that by being involved in a war against them recently, you had moved to the back of the line? It could have been a simple misunderstanding but DH had to go and blow it out of proportion by unilaterally declaring war without attempting what you so wish had happened earlier. And that is diplomacy.

Second, thanks for revealing your views on IAA.

Edited by Brandon Simonson

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296369124' post='2610644']
NPO was tried, convicted and served it's sentence. So yes, with regard to any alliance that took part in the Karma conflict, we have paid. I have paid personally and I, as well as 1/2 the membership of NPO, were not even in NPO during the times that the transgressions occurred. Regardless, you cannot convict someone twice for the same offense.

Past actions are the best CB? Even if those actions have already been avenged? How many times can you avenge a wrong before becoming the criminal yourself?
[/quote]

You wear the flag. You follow the leader. That's kind of the point of being in an alliance. You are and always will be it's past and present. If TOP has done something wrong in the past, it is my duty to stand for them, even if I wasn't the alliance leader, or in the alliance at the time.

You say you paid with Karma. I'm not MK or FAN, but it seems certain people you attacked in the past, multiple times I might add, don't think that it's over with Karma. And the outcome of the war will prove whether the majority of power was ok with the war or not.

Hey NPO is an alliance, a flag, a continuum. It's one of the more storied and successful alliances in this game. If you don't feel like you should be fighting, leave it. If you stand by it, then stand by no matter the outcome. Though I don't think complaining will help.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296369431' post='2610654']
There's a middle ground between "sucking up" and "open hostility" it's called frank and honest dialogue, and it's what you should have tried.
[/quote]

I do believe we've had quite a lot of frank dialogue with most of the world. You quite obviously disagree, and I doubt that we'll be able to budge from those two respective points.

But it doesn't really change anything. If you have vile emotions that have festered for four years, and decide to take unjust action on them, then that is not a responsibility you can offload to the Pacific for not making you feel better. Our responsibility ends with the total and complete lack of aggression we have shown in the past 2 years. Certainly, I understand that an ideal set of actions could have prevented this war, but that set lies beyond what we have some moral or logical duty for doing. (And indeed, such an "ideal set" exists for any conflict).

This war was borne out of hate and paranoia, and no attempt to shift the burden for those acts to the Pacific will work: it is your grudge, your unprovoked attack, own up to it like the more forthright members of your coalition are doing.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1296369502' post='2610656']
We did, then they trashed everything we gave them.
[/quote]
If you see a diplomat misbehaving considerably you talk to their higher government and ask them to reign them in, you don't just yank the masks. But that's neither here nor there. The meat of most diplomacy should be talks between high-government members of both parties, not shooting the !@#$ in embassies.

[quote name='Brandon Simonson' timestamp='1296369507' post='2610657']
Did you ever stop to think that maybe NPO was going chronologically in dealing with its past "scars"? And that by being involved in a war against them recently, you had moved to the back of the line? It could have been a simple misunderstanding but DH had to go and blow it out of proportion by unilaterally declaring war without attempting what you so wish had happened earlier. And that is diplomacy.
[/quote]
Well that was a mistake on your part, you should have done it by "relative power/heat of anger" rather than chronologically.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296369790' post='2610666']
I do believe we've had quite a lot of frank dialogue with most of the world. You quite obviously disagree, and I doubt that we'll be able to budge from those two respective points.

But it doesn't really change anything. If you have vile emotions that have festered for four years, and decide to take unjust action on them, then that is not a responsibility you can offload to the Pacific for not making you feel better. Our responsibility ends with the total and complete lack of aggression we have shown in the past 2 years. Certainly, I understand that an ideal set of actions could have prevented this war, but that set lies beyond what we have some moral or logical duty for doing. (And indeed, such an "ideal set" exists for any conflict).

This war was borne out of hate and paranoia, and no attempt to shift the burden for those acts to the Pacific will work: it is your grudge, your unprovoked attack, own up to it like the more forthright members of your coalition are doing.
[/quote]

Amen.

[quote name='DogeWilliam' timestamp='1296369776' post='2610665']
You wear the flag. You follow the leader. That's kind of the point of being in an alliance. You are and always will be it's past and present. If TOP has done something wrong in the past, it is my duty to stand for them, even if I wasn't the alliance leader, or in the alliance at the time.

You say you paid with Karma. I'm not MK or FAN, but it seems certain people you attacked in the past, multiple times I might add, don't think that it's over with Karma. And the outcome of the war will prove whether the majority of power was ok with the war or not.

Hey NPO is an alliance, a flag, a continuum. It's one of the more storied and successful alliances in this game. If you don't feel like you should be fighting, leave it. If you stand by it, then stand by no matter the outcome. Though I don't think complaining will help.
[/quote]

And so why in Karma the whole reason for the war was "Morality"... bad things coming back to those who perpetuated them... it suddenly doesn't apply now where your aggression is involved. You think just like Archon. For better understanding, read my sig.

You only use ideology, you don't truly feel it. You are evil.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296369431' post='2610654']
There's a middle ground between "sucking up" and "open hostility" it's called frank and honest dialogue, and it's what you should have tried.
[/quote]

That's not how most of diplomacy works around here and you damn well know it. Or at least you should.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296369008' post='2610639']
The difference being you were the bully in the past. You should have apologized, in an honest and forthcoming way, rather than let the hate fester. Instead you wasted time on alliances like IAA apparently. You clearly didn't want to resolve the most important scars of the past well enough, and this is the result. Anything is possible with diplomacy, anything. If you were unsuccessful in your effort, you just weren't trying hard enough.
[/quote]

Yea, NPO never bullied IAA. Why the $%&@ were you over there, NPO? Also they sent one ambassador. Considering MK pretty much removed all their way to communicate with NPO how they hell would they have been able to apologize and make nice?

[quote name='Cyber Nationz' timestamp='1296369933' post='2610672']
Is this... NPO crying for a savior?

well the best thing for an ordinary pacifican would be to desert
You will find your sanctuary in treason to NPO.
[/quote]

See my war song. I have my savior.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1296369957' post='2610674']
Yea, NPO never bullied IAA. Why the $%&@ were you over there, NPO? Also they sent one ambassador. Considering MK pretty much removed all their way to communicate with NPO how they hell would they have been able to apologize and make nice?
[/quote]

umm hellooo
ever heard of Facebook buddy?

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1296369444' post='2610655']
Got anything since 2009 on us?

Didn't think so.

Learn to let go.
[/quote]

Sorry
You screwed me in 2006
You screwed me in 2007
You screwed me in 2008
You screwed me in 2009

Your defense is
Hey, we didn't screw you in 2010, Learn to let go!

Sorry, Homo don't play that.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1296370105' post='2610680']
Forgive some of us that we do not want to divulge all our personal data to a third party in order to convenience you with social discourse.
[/quote]

umm,
Unlike CN you can have multiple accounts on facebook. Best part is on the same IP :)
so you had options and choices.

your government chose to ignore them.

if there were no embassies/forum dialouge.
You could have used: IRC, ingame messaging and Skype.

there i just gave u multiple avenues.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296369790' post='2610666']

[/quote]
It's not I who have "vile emotions" as you call them for NPO. I have a mere passing dislike mostly due to your poor senatorial conduct (thanks for sanctioning our one member on red by the way, really appreciated that). Indeed, I should be thanking NPO for your assistance in our founding. Of the three alliances attacking you, I dare say we have the least reason to hate you.

Of course it goes without saying that I still consider FAN's cause extremely worthy, given what you put them through. If you fail to settle issues like that diplomatically, they must be settled by war, in the name of everything balancing out in the end.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1296369922' post='2610671']
That's not how most of diplomacy works around here and you damn well know it. Or at least you should.
[/quote]
You'd be surprised.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Cyber Nationz' timestamp='1296370245' post='2610686']
umm,
Unlike CN you can have multiple accounts on facebook. Best part is on the same IP :)

[/quote]

What are these devices you are referring to?

[quote name='Cyber Nationz' timestamp='1296370245' post='2610686']
umm,

[/quote]

Holy !@#$ you're being serious. So Doomhouse is hitting NPO because they didn't get a Facebook friend request. That is literally the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. You're a !@#$@#$ idiot.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296370451' post='2610693']
I just love the bawwing in this thread.

It's like a mass murderer on death row. Where he says "you cant kill me, killing is wrong!" :lol1:
[/quote]

You can't kill me, because despite your delusions to the contrary, you lack the ability to even come close.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296370451' post='2610693']
I just love the bawwing in this thread.

It's like a mass murderer on death row. Where he says "you cant kill me, killing is wrong!" :lol1:
[/quote]

Nah, I'm just pointing out hypocrisy and that specifically your unwillingness to forgive is evil. I'll let you handle how you deal with that. We've been expected to change why others have not changed in similar fashion.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296370333' post='2610687']
It's not I who have "vile emotions" as you call them for NPO. I have a mere passing dislike mostly due to your poor senatorial conduct (thanks for sanctioning our one member on red by the way, really appreciated that). Indeed, I should be thanking NPO for your assistance in our founding. Of the three alliances attacking you, I dare say we have the least reason to hate you.

Of course it goes without saying that I still consider FAN's cause extremely worthy, given what you put them through. If you fail to settle issues like that diplomatically, they must be settled by war, in the name of everything balancing out in the end.
[/quote]

This is not a war for revenge. FAN might be fighting a war for revenge (thus your argument about diplomacy [i]might[/i] work there), but the rest of you aren't. If that is what they say is their CB, than that is an unreliable ad hoc argument.