PoW status

Alterego

The PoW status is a status given in detention centres to fighters captured in combat. Some will have put up little resistance and some will have fought like lions until their ability to fight became physically impossible but all would be at war with the alliance they surrender to. One group of people who should not wearing an alliances PoW status is a deserter of said alliance looking for a place to hide.

This two time coward ditched GATO fleeing the war hoping to find safe haven in the wastelands of none. Once there he was raided and realised the wastelands of none were a dangerous place. So he decided to hide amongst the PoWs his previous alliance had already captured without earning the position.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=117939

[quote]To: alterego From: black death bailey Date:[b] 1/27/2011 5:00:31 PM[/b]

Subject: RE: raid?

Message: looking to be nuked wouldnt be profitable for neither of us, espcially given ur in a alliance and i am not, i left GATO yesterday[/quote]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since were on the subject of PoWs

John smith, leader of Hamsland surrendered to GATO january 22, 2010 only to jump right back on the RIA AA and receive 3 million in aid from another RIA member a one Kalon Q leader of New Quinn the very next day where Smith used the aid to continue fighting GATO forces.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&st=1460

His post on the owf of his surrender ^

http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=405870&Extended=1

RIA sending aid to Smith a day after he was a POW

I do not know if RIA was aware of his POW status when the aid was given but if it was I find it to be very distastful and very dishonarable for them to do such a thing.

[quote name='Greywall' timestamp='1296204397' post='2607219']

John smith, leader of Hamsland surrendered to GATO january 22, 2010 only to jump right back on the RIA AA and receive 3 million in aid from another RIA member a one Kalon Q leader of New Quinn the very next day where Smith used the aid to continue fighting GATO forces.

I do not know if RIA was aware of his POW status when the aid was given but if it was I find it to be very distastful and very dishonarable for them to do such a thing.
[/quote]

Well in their defense they are both Random and Insane.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296203850' post='2607215']
The PoW status is a status given in detention centres to fighters captured in combat. Some will have put up little resistance and some will have fought like lions until their ability to fight became physically impossible but all would be at war with the alliance they surrender to. One group of people who should not wearing an alliances PoW status is a deserter of said alliance looking for a place to hide.

This two time coward ditched GATO fleeing the war hoping to find safe haven in the wastelands of none. Once there he was raided and realised the wastelands of none were a dangerous place. So he decided to hide amongst the PoWs his previous alliance had already captured without earning the position.

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=117939"]http://www.cybernati...ation_ID=117939[/url]

[/quote]

I'm not really sure what point you're getting at. Yeah, he's a deserter. Better off of our AA than on, IMO.

If you're trying to attack GATO's members' loyalty, then you may realise that there are many failed PoWs on every side of the war. If you're just trying to complain because there's a coward in CN, you really shouldn't be shocked.

so because i try and get away from a war im a deserter?. A war which i wasnt involved in/couldnt have been active enough to be involved in at the start. A war in which to my understanding had 2 sides of GATO's allys on it?. I still had friends in GATO so i didnt join RIA and also LOSS and a few other alliances asked me to join them. I did inform them i would not be joining them because it would be backstabbing GATO not that it was any of your buisness alterego. I also did mention to a few Goverment members in GATO that due to me not taking part in the war i would be helping to rebuild them again not that its your buisness or to be quite frank anybody else's buisness what i can/cant do within GATO the only explaining i would perhaps have needed to do was to GATO Goverment officials.

Edit

Since this is realy noone's buisness / or against any of the current standing rules to do ingame. Could a moderator lock and close topic i dont see any relevance of why its been posted other then to start flaming.

Edited by blackdeathbailey

[quote name='blackdeathbailey' timestamp='1296215668' post='2607315']
so because i try and get away from a war im a deserter?. A war which i wasnt involved in/couldnt have been active enough to be involved in at the start. A war in which to my understanding had 2 sides of GATO's allys on it?. I still had friends in GATO so i didnt join RIA and also LOSS and a few other alliances asked me to join them. I did inform them i would not be joining them because it would be backstabbing GATO not that it was any of your buisness alterego. I also did mention to a few Goverment members in GATO that due to me not taking part in the war i would be helping to rebuild them again not that its your buisness or to be quite frank anybody else's buisness what i can/cant do within GATO the only explaining i would perhaps have needed to do was to GATO Goverment officials.

Edit

Since this is realy noone's buisness / or against any of the current standing rules to do ingame. Could a moderator lock and close topic i dont see any relevance of why its been posted other then to start flaming.
[/quote]

Nations in your situation were ordered to go to peacemode. You didn't listen, or weren't active enough. That's not something we can fix for you, so if you're going to be in an alliance that does no support global neutrality, either accept that you're going to get dragged into a war, or be fine with your new title.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1296217162' post='2607328']
Nations in your situation were ordered to go to peacemode. You didn't listen, or weren't active enough. That's not something we can fix for you, so if you're going to be in an alliance that does no support global neutrality, either accept that you're going to get dragged into a war, or be fine with your new title.
[/quote]

speak to kers or manis or bring it up on GATO's forums

Edited by blackdeathbailey

[quote name='blackdeathbailey' timestamp='1296217326' post='2607332']
speak to kers or manis
[/quote]

You left the GATO AA. If you were so intent on helping us rebuild you'd have stayed with us instead of saying "i left GATO yesterday" to a miscellaneous raider. I don't think I need to say anymore.

so because i try and get away from a war im a deserter?.[/quote]
In a war your options are to fight, sit in peace mode, surrender or desert. You dont just get to leave you do that in peace time, not in war time. You ran away to avoid being damaged after they protected you in peace time that makes you a war time deserter.

[quote]A war which i wasnt involved in/couldnt have been active enough to be involved in at the start. A war in which to my understanding had 2 sides of GATO's allys on it?.[/quote]
You were wearing the GATO uniform when the war began thats all that matters.

[quote]I still had friends in GATO so i didnt join RIA and also LOSS and a few other alliances asked me to join them. [/quote]
Yeah you did them a big favour by hiding out on none then using them for a second time ghosting their PoWs.

[quote]I did inform them i would not be joining them because it would be backstabbing GATO not that it was any of your buisness alterego. I also did mention to a few Goverment members in GATO that due to me not taking part in the war i would be helping to rebuild them again not that its your buisness or to be quite frank anybody else's buisness what i can/cant do within GATO the only explaining i would perhaps have needed to do was to GATO Goverment officials.
[/quote]
I genuinely didnt care that you left during a war, it happens all the time. However, leaving your alliance to avoid fighting then hiding in their own foreign PoW compound is at the very least impersonating one of the alliances they are fighting should be exposed. If you dont want to fight go to GPA dont use an alliance that does go to war for protection then run off when they fight.

too much hassle going through all your reply's to my quotes but il just reply to this one...

[quote]I genuinely didnt care that you left during a war, it happens all the time. However, leaving your alliance to avoid fighting then hiding in their own foreign PoW compound is at the very least impersonating one of the alliances they are fighting should be exposed. If you dont want to fight go to GPA dont use an alliance that does go to war for protection then run off when they fight. [/quote]

if you dont care then why the heck did you bring it up on these forums? and as i said earlier, what i do and dont do in GATO is noone else's buisness other then GATO's.

[quote name='blackdeathbailey' timestamp='1296220061' post='2607358']
if you dont care then why the heck did you bring it up on these forums? and as i said earlier, what i do and dont do in GATO is noone else's buisness other then GATO's.
[/quote]
If you are [u]in [/u]GATO you cant surrender [u]to [/u]GATO.

BDB has been talking to me since the war began asking how he could rebuild his wc to be able to fight. I advised peace mode but he didn't want to do that. I'm guessing these are some shenanigans to try to get war ready without anyone noticing. Someone did notice though. Good for you Alterego. As an aside GATO does not condone AA jumping to avoid war and then blindsiding when you're ready.

[quote name='Greywall' timestamp='1296204397' post='2607219']

[/quote]

We messaged him to come back to the fight, so he did.
What is dishonorable is to leave your friends to fight while you run to save your pixels. He did the right thing in the end.

Edited by James Dahl

so because i try and get away from a war im a deserter?.
[/quote]

Pretty much. Getting away from a war, when part of an army, is called "desertion".

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296270892' post='2608396']
Pretty much. Getting away from a war, when part of an army, is called "desertion".
[/quote]

in a real war yes, but remember this is a game, and keep in mind the bigger picture of what might/couldve happend. by doing what i did i ensured that GATO could recover from the war more effectively if i was sending aid or paying reps on behalf of GATO for the war. i do however still fail to see the relevance of this thread other to try and victimize on me.

[quote name='blackdeathbailey' timestamp='1296272698' post='2608438']
in a real war yes, but remember this is a game, and keep in mind the bigger picture of what might/couldve happend. by doing what i did i ensured that GATO could recover from the war more effectively if i was sending aid or paying reps on behalf of GATO for the war. i do however still fail to see the relevance of this thread other to try and victimize on me.
[/quote]
You think war is a game, good sir? Surely you jest. Millions have suffered already, this is well beyond the point of games.

A nation running from it's obligations in such a dishonorable fashion is laughable at best.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1296270592' post='2608385']
We messaged him to come back to the fight, so he did.
What is dishonorable is to leave your friends to fight while you run to save your pixels. [b]He did the right thing in the end.[/b][/quote]

...no he didn't, he took advantage of the POW status to not get hit for a day all while receiving aid so he could resume attacking GATO nations. This is dishonorable and disrespectful to a great degree. If he wanted to fight on, he would not have messaged us for surrender and he would not have posted on the owf marking himself as a POW.

[quote name='Greywall' timestamp='1296279925' post='2608889']
...no he didn't, he took advantage of the POW status to not get hit for a day all while receiving aid so he could resume attacking GATO nations. This is dishonorable and disrespectful to a great degree. If he wanted to fight on, he would not have messaged us for surrender and he would not have posted on the owf marking himself as a POW.
[/quote]

He changed his mind, it happens.
You're going to have to just get over it.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296280390' post='2608938']
Cool we now know what we can get away with. Thanks.
[/quote]

It wasn't deliberate though, he did surrender. Queue sent him a message basically saying "what are you doing, don't surrender" so he came back. Sometimes things like this happen.

Edited by James Dahl