The GM's Court

Executive Minister

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309533296' post='2745970']
Also, Sargun, please provide a flight map of those nuclear missiles from Ireland.
[/quote]

Flying over the Arctic Circle ensures they only go through Impy's and Triyun's territory before hitting yours.

edit: I already made a map and it got deleted, I don't feel like making one again :P

Edited by Sargun

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309536817' post='2746013']
Flying over the Arctic Circle ensures they only go through Impy's and Triyun's territory before hitting yours.

edit: I already made a map and it got deleted, I don't feel like making one again :P
[/quote]
Nope. Since you'll need to fly against the turning of the Earth, there's a limit to how much you can curve the flight path, meaning you'll have to pass at least one country who might not let your missiles go: Zargathia.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309538189' post='2746024']
Nope. Since you'll need to fly against the turning of the Earth, there's a limit to how much you can curve the flight path, meaning you'll have to pass at least one country who might not let your missiles go: Zargathia.
[/quote]

You'll need to prove this, thanks, with sound science from reliable sources including pictures that specifically proves your point, thanks.

edit: and I don't mean just the turning of the Earth, I mean specifically why I will [b]have[/b] to go through Zargathia no matter what route is taken.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309546173' post='2746094']
You'll need to prove this, thanks, with sound science from reliable sources including pictures that specifically proves your point, thanks.

edit: and I don't mean just the turning of the Earth, I mean specifically why I will [b]have[/b] to go through Zargathia no matter what route is taken.
[/quote]

First, let's see how you responded to my question:

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309536817' post='2746013']
[/quote]

This means you're not sending the missiles over North America, which is the only route where you had a clear shot at me. The alternative paths, using your specific movements, would be something like this:

[IMG]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac318/kousenkankou/irishpath.png[/IMG]

Both paths have to pass Khabarovsk on their way. Now, the problem is, the nukes have to do a complete U-Turn to pass around Zargathia territory, which is a physical impossibility. Therefore, unless you launched over Germany or North America, you'll have to have the nukes pas through Zargathia.

So, if we summarize..... you dug yourself into a hole by restricting the path of your nukes. Thank you for your attempt.

General question to GMs and community: With the ending of the Korean War preplanned, would you be against my establishing the reroll nation as we continue on with the Korean war? I'll be deducting the stats from the new nation for the continuing war.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309745493' post='2748035']
General question to GMs and community: With the ending of the Korean War preplanned, would you be against my establishing the reroll nation as we continue on with the Korean war? I'll be deducting the stats from the new nation for the continuing war.
[/quote]

You can reroll only after the destruction of your current nation. You are not permitted to RP two nations at the same time. So please wait until the end of your Korean War and the dissolution of your present nation before rerolling to a new nation.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1309745797' post='2748037']
You can reroll only after the [b]destruction of your current nation[/b]. You are not permitted to RP two nations at the same time. So please wait until the end of your Korean War and the dissolution of your present nation before rerolling to a new nation.
[/quote]
You're too cruel to me, believing that I'll be destroyed. :(

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309745493' post='2748035']
snip
[/quote]

edit: even if they have to pass through Zargathia, Amyante (who not coincidentally is against Korea in this conflict) has had many days to voice a complaint, IC or OOC, about this since I first fired the missiles. nobody but you has asked about the flight and unless Amyante has a problem with it, this entire conversation is irrelevant

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309752070' post='2748131']
edit: even if they have to pass through Zargathia, Amyante (who not coincidentally is against Korea in this conflict) has had many days to voice a complaint, IC or OOC, about this since I first fired the missiles. nobody but you has asked about the flight and unless Amyante has a problem with it, this entire conversation is irrelevant
[/quote]
So basically, you have no argument except that the person in question who's so busy as to not even be aware of such an insignificant post, and is in this conflict because of humanitarian reasons rather than the BS one that Ireland has? That's clearly not a good sign of actual RP.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309756035' post='2748160']
So basically, you have no argument except that the person in question who's so busy as to not even be aware of such an insignificant post, and is in this conflict because of humanitarian reasons rather than the BS one that Ireland has? That's clearly not a good sign of actual RP.
[/quote]

CRY MORE and go send more PMs off to Amyante. You should know that as soon as Amyante attempts to intercept one, I'd simply just change course, as the missiles were (ICly specified) launched only one after another in sequence determined based on whether nukes were intercepted. As soon as Amyante tried to do anything, I'd have stopped and simply would them over a different route, specifically the North American route you already explained was clear. Either way, you're going to get hit.

Nope, since the change of your post would mean we'll have to redo all the rolls after factoring in Zargathia's intervention. You can't have your cake and eat it to, Sargun: Changing your RP after I showed you the flaw of your reasoning is the same thing as Vince trying to have rolls done before posting: Use of OOC information to RP.

Wondering why you're so eager about the nukes, since they'll get only a few words mention at most, contributing nothing to the war in general.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309757571' post='2748177']
Nope, since the change of your post would mean we'll have to redo all the rolls after factoring in Zargathia's intervention. You can't have your cake and eat it to, Sargun: Changing your RP after I showed you the flaw of your reasoning is the same thing as Vince trying to have rolls done before posting: [b]Use of OOC information to RP.[/b]

Wondering why you're so eager about the nukes, since they'll get only a few words mention at most, contributing nothing to the war in general.
[/quote]
In regards to the bold, actually, no: I specifically RP'd the nukes going one after another in order to see the effect of an SDI. If the missiles are intercepted, common sense would indicate that a change in plans are in order - an IC response to an IC response. Further, the nuke rolls are not tied to a specific IC action - they're still the same targets on the same day shot at the same time just in another direction. The only IC reason to chose the arctic circle route would be because Ireland would not think Zargathia would intercept a missile, especially with all the other nukes getting fired. If a new IC action is introduced to the equation, then I get to change my actions.

And I'm not "eager" about hitting you, I'm eager about you actually following the rules by RPing out your damages. Several major cities were hit with extremely destructive force; further, after the nukes are RPd out, I still have more than half to fire at actual "military" targets if necessary. You can not ignore my attacks and I am not willing to let you ignore them - that's all this is about.

And I was going to apologize for the 'cry more' comment, but you really are doing everything you can OOC-wise to contest every single little thing. This is the exact reason why we need GMs, because of people like you pulling stuff like this.

I'm not going to put up a big fuss about this, but would [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96964&view=findpost&p=2749357]this[/url] be OOC land-gifting? I could be wrong, but I don't see any prior RP between Timmy's character and Zoot's characters or nation, and Zoot obviously didn't "merge" with Timmy, because Timmy didn't have a country and Zoot rerolled elsewhere. Are we allowed to just give away countries now?

There has been a long standing agreement between me and Timmy over the isles and a long running RP in regards to returning power to the prime minister, away from the Monarchy. Timmy went AWOL from CNRP for a few months and I gave Ireland to Sargun after promising it to Timmy and then he shows up again out of the blue as I was considering re-rolling due to other circumstances discussed infrequently on IRC in the main channel or the past few days, I even approached Curristan about taking over Britain before Timmy which I'm sure he can confirm.

For the record, the character Timmy is using has been my prime minister for a very, very long time beforehand.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1309915221' post='2749880']
There has been a long standing agreement between me and Timmy over the isles and a long running RP in regards to returning power to the prime minister, away from the Monarchy. Timmy went AWOL from CNRP for a few months and I gave Ireland to Sargun after promising it to Timmy and then he shows up again out of the blue as I was considering re-rolling due to other circumstances discussed infrequently on IRC in the main channel or the past few days, I even approached Curristan about taking over Britain before Timmy which I'm sure he can confirm.

For the record, the character Timmy is using has been my prime minister for a very, very long time beforehand.
[/quote]

But Timmy hasn't been RPing the character and you just confirmed that this was a purely OOC deal.

This deal is very much ooc yes, how else could it be? After all it's introducing a new (old) player, that said it does not fall under the rules against ooc land gifting, for that Timmy should have had a nation already.

What we see here is what always happens in CNRP, a player gives (part of) his land OOCly to another individual who wants to rp. Is it a first? Undounbtedly. Is it legal? I do believe so.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1309951978' post='2750307']
This deal is very much ooc yes, how else could it be? After all it's introducing a new (old) player, that said it does not fall under the rules against ooc land gifting, for that Timmy should have had a nation already.

What we see here is what always happens in CNRP, a player gives (part of) his land OOCly to another individual who wants to rp. Is it a first? Undounbtedly. Is it legal? I do believe so.
[/quote]

He gave all of his land up to another player and then left, not part of it, but I won't contest this because even though you're wrong I know I'm right so I'll be the better man.

(it's actually because I don't feel like fighting martens)

It's the same as when Californian gave Monaco to Keshav. Though that was in the wake of Californian's lolnuking rather than a reroll, but he still gave surrendered his land, national identity and characters (leaders) to Keshav.

To be OOC gifting, the land would have to given IC'ly with OOC motivations; in this case there has not been an IC change.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1309970622' post='2750442']
He gave all of his land up to another player and then left, not part of it, but I won't contest this because even though you're wrong I know I'm right so I'll be the better man.

(it's actually because I don't feel like fighting martens)
[/quote]

Lucky for the rational CNRPers, I will fight for you Sargtacular.

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1309992649' post='2750773']
It's the same as when Californian gave Monaco to Keshav. Though that was in the wake of Californian's lolnuking rather than a reroll, but he still gave surrendered his land, national identity and characters (leaders) to Keshav.

To be OOC gifting, the land would have to given IC'ly with OOC motivations; in this case there has not been an IC change.
[/quote]

You're incorrect, iKrolm. Ty and Keshav were merged - Ty established Monaco and then allowed Keshav to RP within it while Ty was still there. Once Ty left, Keshav inheritied the land since there was an already established IC reason for it.

In this instance, Zoot has admitted it was OOC transition and I hope Cochin and EM overrule Cent's ruling.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1309993812' post='2750787']

You're incorrect, iKrolm. Ty and Keshav were merged - Ty established Monaco and then allowed Keshav to RP within it while Ty was still there. Once Ty left, Keshav inheritied the land since there was an already established IC reason for it.

In this instance, Zoot has admitted it was OOC transition and I hope Cochin and EM overrule Cent's ruling.
[/quote]

Oops, but the second part still holds:

There hasn't been an IC transfer or land.

Why is this even a problem? Now two players have a nation and two players are contributing to RP. Would you rather have it become a protectorate and Timmy would need to search for different land? I sure wouldn't.

But please, lets sit here and argue over a player re-joining CNRP and recieving land from another player. It's the worst of all problems and must be severly dealt with. <_<

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1309993812' post='2750787']

[/quote]

Yawoo that it is OOC is not what is the main argument here, when I give another player a protectorate or piece of my land it's an ooc deal, I decide OOCly who gets my land.

Here we have 2 very legal scenario's a player merging into another country as seen by your own example and when merger became part of the GNED or Maelstrom of the UFE. In addition to that we have the scenario where one player gives land to another for a new nation. There is nothing illegal about this move and I honestly do not see why any of you make a problem out of it.

I challenge you to find a single example where a player did not get a piece of land to form a nation in through ooc means.