The GM's Court

Executive Minister

I am sorry if I get anyone mad but this seems like a pretty foolish thing to be arguing over...

Also the USI (atleast the Isle of Mann) is very very Irish although in real life it is more British. Zoot didn't like that because he is Zoot and hates me for existing but I had just RPed that many people left Ireland and moved to the Island. Yawoo didn't complain so it was okay. That is my tidbit.. Although Triyun is right. The Isle of Mann is right next to Ireland so I can easily RP that.. While this seems to be a waste of time it is very interesting.

But yeah that is my tidbit - hi Kankou.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quite a few people who are "dumb" enough to both complain about such things and also people who RP out absurd mass movements of people that seems to have have been unnoticed by the world until the establishment of a nation. That's why we're even having this discussion.

I problably, don't take more for exact numbers here, have 80 or 90,000 or 95,000 Irish while the rest are scotish or maybe Italian because I like Italians for some reason. There are only 105,000 people on the island itself. In my mind atleast I see it as they came over a corse of a few months to go to a country to political stability since Ireland was falling and rising up etc. I mean if I would RP Texas the ethnic background would be very different, I think it is good to let people change the background of ethnicities if they want, it makes the rp more fun to rp who and what you want. Great.. I'm giving my opinion again. I'll stop talking now.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1312602720' post='2773156']
There are quite a few people who are "dumb" enough to both complain about such things and also people who RP out absurd mass movements of people that seems to have have been unnoticed by the world until the establishment of a nation. That's why we're even having this discussion.
[/quote]

Just so we are clear, I would drop my objection to the claims made by Mogar if he had RPed this back in early 09 when his nation ended.

My issue stems from the fact that he is here quite clearly saying these people were migrating from the geographic area of his original nation and had remained loyal for over two IRL years while they were living various states that have existed in the location of former Mogatopia.

It also seems to be the case that they only moved to North Africa when Mogar came back. That logically means that he's claiming to have RPed my citizens making a move and having loyalties other than to both UFEs. While I don't have the hubris to think Jia has a 100 percent approval rating, according to the rules, mass movements such as that from my territory can't occur without consent, nor can someone else define the political loyalties of my citizens.

Now had Mogar posted an IC response that said, "the asians have always been here" I would be skeptical ICly, but that'd be his right. But again that is simply not what he said.

Not sure why you're quoting me when discussing your issue. I have no interest in it, and was speaking in general terms, since there was the example of Yawoo saying that he controlled any and all claims to the Welsh when some other player tried to RP some Welsh state or something.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1312592593' post='2773015']
Actually if Triyun can show with evidence that more than X rl months have passed the amount of year past since then would be X rp years. So within reason(1 month=1 year) he can set the time that he controlled the nation after previous regimes.
[/quote]

Does this apply to those who use the real world time scale too?

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1312592593' post='2773015']
Actually if Triyun can show with evidence that more than X rl months have passed the amount of year past since then would be X rp years. So within reason(1 month=1 year) he can set the time that he controlled the nation after previous regimes.
[/quote]

Missed this.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=44977

Done.

If you count then, plus the time elapsing between my two phases of controlling the territory (I assume a considerable amount of time passed in between enough for several nations to rise and fall), then go for about the 12 months or so I've controlled it up to now, you easily get a time which surpasses the ages of the very [i]young[/i] diplomats that Mogar has consistently RPed to the outside world.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1312617395' post='2773428']
Not sure why you're quoting me when discussing your issue. I have no interest in it, and was speaking in general terms, since there was the example of Yawoo saying that he controlled any and all claims to the Welsh when some other player tried to RP some Welsh state or something.
[/quote]

Yes and No. What I objected to (and which was ruled in my favor) was that another RPer cannot begin RPing as a member of a nationality you control, as the RPer Welsh did when she tried RPing a Queen of Wales with a bunch of Welshman in France. It has always been allowed, however, for people to RP descendants/immigrants of a specific nationality in a new land. So, in this specific instance, while there may be a bunch of Asian immigrants to Africa (which, let's be honest here - is quite silly) they're far removed from those people that once lived in Mogatopia 1 and 2 and are Africans first and foremost, much like those Chinese who immigrated to the United States of America during the 1800s. To my knowledge, we have never allowed a player to re-roll into a nation and state that he/she controls a nation's nationality in another nation because they're only X amount of years removed from the immigrants. IMO, that would require consent from the person currently RPing the original immigrant's land. That being said, corporations that are player owned are different than people's nationalities so there isn't and shouldn't be any type of crossover between the two spanning re-rolling unless there is a continual RP taking place between re-rolls(see: Artemis Global).

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1312680288' post='2773906']
Nationality means citizenship, right? If you meant ethnicity, then I would have to say that the mods made a horrible mistake in their judgment.
[/quote]

Yes, citizenship.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1312687217' post='2773975']
Yes, citizenship.
[/quote]
I decide who lives in my nation. my corporation is my nation, a capitalist paradise left with someone greedy enough would eventually end in a singular corporation in charge, whether de facto or entirely.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1312899236' post='2775822']
Requesting spy rolls on Biohazard to fabricate evidence of atrocities. 50% odds.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Opo1C.png[/img]
[/quote]

[quote name='Curristan' timestamp='1312900421' post='2775846']
Requesting rolls on finding and extracting Emperor Khine from Ghana to safety.

[img]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab328/AdamH312/SpyRoll1.png[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/africanheat.jpg?t=1312947871[/img]

MW- with 0-50 win, 51-100 fail. You have Two fails.

Curri - with 0-90 win, 91-100 fail. You have Two wins.

Also guys, is there something I should know?

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1313348262' post='2780700']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=104355

Requesting an auto.
[/quote]

Considering for all intents and purposes the land can be considered white(former owner rerolled and no uncontested claim placed) I see no reason to withhold an automatic advance. Feel free to go ahead.

I would like the GMs to rule on my claim to RP the people in Ireland.

It is my understanding that nations have the right to RP the people in the territory they claim, even if that territory is occupied, so long as they don't reroll or otherwise relinquish that right. When a territorial claim is disputed, then that right is passed to no one. Because the protectorate of Ireland was disputed, no one had a claim over it and thus the island was white space. As a player without a nation, I claimed it as white space, which the disputing parties could not do, and despite the potential war going on on the soil, I believe I have claim over RPing the people there.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1313867184' post='2785191']
I would like the GMs to rule on my claim to RP the people in Ireland.

It is my understanding that nations have the right to RP the people in the territory they claim, even if that territory is occupied, so long as they don't reroll or otherwise relinquish that right. When a territorial claim is disputed, then that right is passed to no one. Because the protectorate of Ireland was disputed, no one had a claim over it and thus the island was white space. As a player without a nation, I claimed it as white space, which the disputing parties could not do, and despite the potential war going on on the soil, I believe I have claim over RPing the people there.
[/quote]

Your claim was part of a number of conflicting claims over Ireland, all legitimate claims done in a short period of time. You have the right to ICly contest every claims.

Right now one dispute, that is between USI and Dalmatia has been solved ICly and there remains the pending issue of your claim.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1313867389' post='2785194']
Your claim was part of a number of conflicting claims over Ireland, all legitimate claims done in a short period of time. You have the right to ICly contest every claims.

Right now one dispute, that is between USI and Dalmatia has been solved ICly and there remains the pending issue of your claim.
[/quote]
The USI Dalmatia claim is still being contested by me and I intend to support Sal's claim. I reckon he should definitely be allowed to RP as Irish people as he has no nation and the claims were still disputed at the point where he put his claim in.

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1313871666' post='2785241']
The USI Dalmatia claim is still being contested by me and I intend to support Sal's claim. I reckon he should definitely be allowed to RP as Irish people as he has no nation and the claims were still disputed at the point where he put his claim in.
[/quote]

None of the three has exclusive right to RP the people of Ireland, they are all claimants in this dispute. Sal can RO a rebellion but he should use his stats rather than use the population as a base for rebellion.

And Timmy while you can always politically support Sal, to contest the claim you need to do some RP to actually contest it.