An Ordo Paradoxia Announcement

the wompus

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/b/b2/OPWarFlag.png[/IMG]

As Uncle Ben Says.....

[IMG]http://www.iheartkroger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/uncle_bens.jpg[/IMG]

NO....not that Uncle Ben!

This one!

[IMG]http://www.markdroberts.com/images/spider-man-uncle-ben.jpg[/IMG]

This isn't just another movie themed DoW....there's some wisdom involved here, so pay attention.

One of the primary themes in the Spider Man movies is-

[color=blue][SIZE=7]"With great power comes great responsibility"[/SIZE][/color]

Interestingly, as per Wikipedia:

[QUOTE]The often-quoted Spider-Man theme of "with great power comes great responsibility" is widely attributed to Uncle Ben. However, this was not initially true. In Amazing Fantasy #15, the original version of the phrase appears in a narrative caption in the comic's last panel,[7] not as spoken dialogue. In fact, Ben has only two lines in the entire comic.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge comic guy and mean no offense to anyone that is, but I'll run with the movie only because I've seen it.

Anyway....

Going back a few rounds, RE was always a pretty large alliance, and held the #1 spot for several rounds based primarily on number of nations. They did have some issues with ghosts and inactives though and this arguably caused them some headaches and probably negatively impacted them overall.

We've been friendly with RE for a while now and were even nice enough to give them a few tips about trimming fat, managing the membership, etc., primarily becuase we are nice.

Well.....

This round, RE has really seemed to trim down and become a little more streamlined and aggressive. Thus, I think more powerful.

However, there's some concern about how they're throwing their new 'weight' around. They may not be fully buying what Uncle Ben is selling.

To investigate this a little, a photojournalism squad was dispatched to try to get to the bottom of things. OP paparazzi were able to grab these photos taken just yesterday near the battlefield.

[IMG]http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2009/11/12/news/photos_galleries/day_in_photos/cropped/Spiderman%20Arrested130625--500x380.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.360dewan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/spiderman_arrested.jpg[/IMG]

After checking some sources, it appears that Spiderman (RE in the metaphor if I've lost you) is suspected of attempting to spin a large treaty web and failure to excercise good judgement in war planning.

This fellow was also apparently arrested in the same sting.

[IMG]http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/062010/spidermanarrested-14.jpg[/IMG]

....but I don't think his charges are related to any of this so I'll move on.

Anyway...

Looking at things, in RE's top 20 nations there are very few defensive wars.

Please save the curbstomp comments - we're only hitting nations that need wars.

Additionally, of the AA's involved, RE has the least anarchied nations and the highest NS.

So, to put RE's new slimmer, trimmer self to a test....

[size="7"][color="#0000FF"]OP hereby Declares War on RE.[/color][/size]

As a side note, peace will be accepted on this if the hostililties which triggered our involvement are also peaced out.

And, as a bonus for the comic lovers out there...this particular frame seems to speak volumes.

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n5xC4ByBQAU/RY3_zaZqVEI/AAAAAAAAAM8/Azm3NqYnyZA/s400/snew04.jpg[/IMG]

Let's have some fun.

-----
A special shout out to Colonel Mustard - In keeping with my OP war tradition, and through his generous holiday gift giving, I will be enjoying Crown Royal [i]Reserve[/i] during tonight's festivities!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1294379505' post='2566904']
I guess Confusion was right about you guys after all.[/quote]
Self-fulfilling prophecy.
He's the one who got you into where you are now.

Quit listening to him and start doing doing things on your own.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1294380642' post='2566936']
Self-fulfilling prophecy.
He's the one who got you into where you are now.

Quit listening to him and start [s]doing[/s] doing things on your own.
[/quote]

You mean into war? What's wrong with warring a lot.

War isn't about who is right. It's about who is left.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1294379505' post='2566904']
I guess Confusion was right about you guys after all.
[/quote]

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1294381039' post='2566954']
Way to overkill OP, bravo
[/quote]

Will you guys stop crying, too. They will play however they want to play!

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1294381699' post='2566977']
No it's about who is morally right and who is not. Get with the program :wub:
[/quote]

Ha, another body in the pile won't hurt right?

Edit: I hate the fad of calling everyone out for crying. Nothing can be said without someone inevitably getting butt hurt over it. Hasn't anyone's parents ever taught them sticks and stones.

Edited by Frostfirefox

Good, my friend. Thanks for asking and I hope all has been well with you. Enjoy your battles :)

What kind of world is it where spiderman can be arrested... how embarrassing.

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1294382452' post='2567001']
\

What kind of world is it where spiderman can be arrested... how embarrassing.
[/quote]

Fear not!

I don't think it's the real spiderman.

Somehow the suit just seems a little costumey.

hahahahahaha. Guess tW and TF weren't good enough to take down RE when RE was already at war so they called in help from OP? awesome. either that or tW and TF couldn't handle G-6 (for tW,again) and needed to call in OP to help them on the RE front in order to allow tW and TF to concentrate on G-6?

or both really. either way, have fun OP and RE. though i hope that Clash and memory will stop with the whole "we only believe in up-declares" bs they have been spouting since it is easy to see that that line is a total lie. i could handle tW and TF coming in but calling in OP, to me shows that that whole thing was a lie to make them look good.

anyways, again have fun on the battlefield OP and RE. too bad OP ain't hitting G-6 as well.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1294385298' post='2567049']
hahahahahaha. Guess tW and TF weren't good enough to take down RE when RE was already at war so they called in help from OP? awesome. either that or tW and TF couldn't handle G-6 (for tW,again) and needed to call in OP to help them on the RE front in order to allow tW and TF to concentrate on G-6?

or both really. either way, have fun OP and RE. though i hope that Clash and memory will stop with the whole "we only believe in up-declares" bs they have been spouting since it is easy to see that that line is a total lie. i could handle tW and TF coming in but calling in OP, to me shows that that whole thing was a lie to make them look good.

anyways, again have fun on the battlefield OP and RE. too bad OP ain't hitting G-6 as well.
[/quote]

You act as if we are the puppetmasters and that we single-handledly approve any move that is done by any alliance that seeks to do something counter-productive to your own alliance.

I'm telling you, it just ain't true, we wear pants, but we don't wear 'the pants' in regards to everybody opposite you in this affair. Sometimes you make the enemy out to be far bigger and more menacing then they actually are.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1294386762' post='2567074']
You act as if we are the puppetmasters and that we single-handledly approve any move that is done by any alliance that seeks to do something counter-productive to your own alliance.

I'm telling you, it just ain't true, we wear pants, but we don't wear 'the pants' in regards to everybody opposite you in this affair. Sometimes you make the enemy out to be far bigger and more menacing then they actually are.
[/quote]

honestly, i already said this. i love war. the more alliances the merrier. i don't care if i get destroyed as i will have fun on the way down. to me, this is not counter-productive in the least as TE is meant to be about wars and fun. if G-6 gets destroyed, at least we know it took a hell of a lot of alliances to do it. that is more than could be said about tW.

i just find it very convenient that the day after tW and TF declare on G-6/DR/RE that OP declares on RE and GR/NTO declare on G-6. i don't act as if you were puppetmasters by the way. read what i said. i said that basically tW/TF felt like they bit off more than they could chew since tW got smacked around by G-6/RE just a week ago and thus asked for help. i never stated you told anyone to fight us, just that you called (aka asked) on them to help you out of the bind you put your alliance in.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1294391707' post='2567121']
i just find it very convenient that the day after tW and TF declare on G-6/DR/RE that OP declares on RE and GR/NTO declare on G-6. i don't act as if you were puppetmasters by the way. read what i said. i said that basically tW/TF felt like they bit off more than they could chew since tW got smacked around by G-6/RE just a week ago and thus asked for help. i never stated you told anyone to fight us, just that you called (aka asked) on them to help you out of the bind you put your alliance in.
[/quote]

While OP and GR/NTO are alliances which we have alot of respect for, I wouldn't say that we are on each others "top-friends" list, there is really little to no history of our respective alliances rolling to war with one another.

I can not speak on behalf of Clash in this matter, but as of my knowledge, In the past day we have made no request was made by the Warriors to [u]any[/u] alliance requesting that they enter the conflict, much less enter to 'take heat off from us'.

I'll pretend not to hear your snide insults and forget to tell you about the G-6 nation who offered peace after some cruise missiles.

Ooops, guess I just told you about it after all. Perhaps I picked weak targets (not that my 1600 NS is going to enable me to take on the cream of the crop), but I've yet to face the challenge of a defensive ground attack in 28 hours of war.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1294393429' post='2567127']
While OP and GR/NTO are alliances which we have alot of respect for, I wouldn't say that we are on each others "top-friends" list, there is really little to no history of our respective alliances rolling to war with one another.

I can not speak on behalf of Clash in this matter, but as of my knowledge, In the past day we have made no request was made by the Warriors to [u]any[/u] alliance requesting that they enter the conflict, much less enter to 'take heat off from us'.

I'll pretend not to hear your snide insults and forget to tell you about the G-6 nation who offered peace after some cruise missiles.

Ooops, guess I just told you about it after all. Perhaps I picked weak targets (not that my 1600 NS is going to enable me to take on the cream of the crop), but I've yet to face the challenge of a defensive ground attack in 28 hours of war.
[/quote]

:smug: I see your mad about the previous blitz still. We can't help it that we get declared on by half of TE and run out of stuff to fight with considering we only had 1 day preparations for the war.

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1294396549' post='2567148']
:smug: I see your mad about the previous blitz still. We can't help it that we get declared on by half of TE and run out of stuff to fight with considering we only had 1 day preparations for the war.
[/quote]

Why would I be upset about the blitz? I was not involved with tW at the time.

Also, I am a little confused about your 1 day of preparation statement, it had been longer then that since the first war was peaced out, and you were on the offensive?

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1294397028' post='2567154']
Why would I be upset about the blitz? I was not involved with tW at the time.

Also, I am a little confused about your 1 day of preparation statement, it had been longer then that since the first war was peaced out, and you were on the offensive?
[/quote]

You not involved in the Warriors? Yeah right. You were all over it.

We rebuilt after the war and LE became a threat. Being untouched by the Warriors, we were prime targets. So we got messages of the war declare date. Got in 1, possibly 2 collects depending what each nation was doing. Collects were probably not full since many might not have bought back banks and stuff. So that is where 1 day of preparation to fight LE/TFK for G-6 came into play.

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1294397314' post='2567155']
You not involved in the Warriors? Yeah right. You were all over it.

We rebuilt after the war and LE became a threat. Being untouched by the Warriors, we were prime targets. So we got messages of the war declare date. Got in 1, possibly 2 collects depending what each nation was doing. Collects were probably not full since many might not have bought back banks and stuff. So that is where 1 day of preparation to fight LE/TFK for G-6 came into play.
[/quote]

I was not masked on their forums at the time or on their alliance affiliation, if that elaborates.

As for preparation, in TE either your at war or your in preparation for war. Not really any other stages that I can think of. Provided that you say that you were 'untouched', you should have had two weeks of preparation.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1294397595' post='2567159']
I was not masked on their forums at the time or on their alliance affiliation, if that elaborates.

As for preparation, in TE either your at war or your in preparation for war. Not really any other stages that I can think of. Provided that you say that you were 'untouched', you should have had two weeks of preparation.
[/quote]

I don't care if your weren't physically in the Warriors alliance. You are part of the warriors. You posted in the forums about the whole cease fire issue.

Obviously there is other stages. Before we hit warriors they weren't at war or preparing for it. I believe thats what we call building up. Where I said we rebuilt. Used some of our war chests to buy back infra and such.

Either Warriors never left build up, or they just suck if what you say is true.