Rogue Nukers

Executive Minister

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1294380657' post='2566938']The community had a big talk on it a long time ago, it's one month = one year unless specified otherwise.

Anything else is a lie, and continuing to repeat "it isn't codified" doesn't make it any less a rule.[/quote]Last I heard (December 2010) this was left intentionally unresolved because of the old timescale debates.

When was this changed? (I was out for a month)

Edited by Generalissimo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to bring up that precedent shows that nukes have no long term effects, so why are we arguing?

I remember when all of South America was nuked in the South American wars, but that isn't RP'd. I think I was one of the few people who actually RP'd cleaning up a city that was nuked. (When I tore down and rebuilt Helsinki.)

Edited by BaronUberstein

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1294381281' post='2566962']
I'd like to bring up that precedent shows that nukes have no long term effects, so why are we arguing?

I remember when all of South America was nuked in the South American wars, but that isn't RP'd. I think I was one of the few people who actually RP'd cleaning up a city that was nuked. (When I tore down and rebuilt Helsinki.)
[/quote]

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=49091

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1294381415' post='2566965']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=49091
[/quote]
And I hardly recall that being RP'd for more than a week. Everyone forgot about that fairly quickly.

I still support the effort of enforcing RP of consequences, but I don't remember it being that effective at actually causing rebuilding RP. I could be wrong, going off of memory here.

Edited by BaronUberstein

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1294381509' post='2566968']
And I hardly recall that being RP'd for more than a week. Everyone forgot about that fairly quickly.
[/quote]

So you [b]don't[/b] recall it being RP'd for more than a week, while most of the people there [b]do[/b] recall it being RP'd for the majority of the time.

But don't let that stop you! I hate revisionists. You're probably going to say the Holocaust never happened and the USSR was actually a bad country.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1294381613' post='2566973']
So you [b]don't[/b] recall it being RP'd for more than a week, while most of the people there [b]do[/b] recall it being RP'd for the majority of the time.

But don't let that stop you! I hate revisionists. You're probably going to say the Holocaust never happened and the USSR was actually a bad country.
[/quote]

And that North Korea isn't best Korea. :(

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1294381613' post='2566973']
[/quote]
Again, I could be wrong, my memory isn't perfect. I'm just saying what I personally remember, and honestly I don't really care. If you find the free time and feel like it feel free to throw me some links, I'd be interested to re-read what happened back then from a new perspective. :)

IG=RP only if you have RP to support it. This does not require that you posses a proper nation, but you should explain how and where the nukes came from if you don't. (did you buy them from a proper nation, was a mothballed stockpile created in the past, ect)

If we are going to break from the guide rails of CN proper then we should at least base it on something rather than pulling some random reactionary rule out of our asses. In this case the default should be that nukes will not be replenished, however they may be replenished at the rate provided by IG if there is plausible RP to back it.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1294561082' post='2569566']
[b]SOMEWHERE IN THE PACIFIC[/b]

Captaine Jacques-Louis took action as soon as he realized he and his men were in trouble. Having heard the news that Captaine Zootzoot and his submarine had been destroyed in the North Atlantic, Jacques-Louis realized the subs were being systematically hunted, and it was likely one of the naval powers in the Pacific was closing in on their trail.

Before ordering his submarine to dive further, he nodded to the Weapons Control Officer who pressed a tempting large red button. Seconds later two large ICBMs emerged from the top of the submarine, rushing to escape the water and push into the atmosphere. But where were these nuclear warheads headed? Jacques-Louis wanted to send a warning to the nations that were most likely to be pursuing him and his men. One of the missiles had a trajectory to Vancouver, Ursalia. The other had been aimed at the UFE, but due to an error within the firing program, the missile was accidentally launched towards the city of Telmana in the Marscurian Siberia.

After launching the missiles the submarine immediately started diving. The Captaine would credit this as the fact they weren't killed when the explosion went off. It had exploded above them, close enough to put stress on the submarine and cause the crew to say a few Hail Marys, but far enough to stop the sub from taking any life-threatening damage.

OOC: Note, airburst in middle of the cities. Thanks.
[/quote]

[size="7"]. . .[/size]

The community's spoken, I propose a ruling is made sooner rather than later.

Edited by iKrolm

I'm inclined to agree. I fully support Ty's right to go nuclear rogue when quitting CN RP, I don't really think being a constant spoiler with no nation is acceptable. Further nukings should require the consent of those nuked. If you don't have a nation to use you should be able to keep using nukes till a month later or whenever you get bored.

I would say they should only be able to replenish nukes if they had a source for their nukes. Which typically requires a nation. But hey, maybe they have hyper tech and have built an underwater base to build nukes in (seems kinda silly, but then again we have nations fighting over Antarctica >_>). Otherwise, you're not going to be able to assemble the machinery, materials and workspace to put a nuke together in a submarine. Otherwise, I could have made the world outright miserable by having Zarfef spam nukes at the world's largest cities while swimming around in a fleet of rejuvenating yellow submarines. That deserves to get GM'd out of existence and everyone knows it.

[color="#000080"]WWBD?

I voted "No, IG==RP but only if you have a proper nation". I originally voted "Other" but then changed my vote after a couple of minutes of re-consideration.

As everyone knows, I judge stuff from a Botha mode perspective, and the only logical answer within that perspective would be the second option (which is why I decided ultimately to go with that choice) mostly because you need by default to have an IG nation to have and maintain all the infrastructure to operate submarines and nuclear weapons, therefore the first option is out.

Mind you, if he has stated within his RP that he only has 20 nukes - then I think he has already reasonably self-restricted himself to 20 nukes, unless he somehow can reasonably RP his submarines subsequently acquiring more from another source.[/color]

Edited by Botha

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1294593044' post='2569790']I fully support Ty's right to go nuclear rogue when quitting CN RP, I don't really think being a constant spoiler with no nation is acceptable. [b]Further nukings should require the consent of those nuked.[/b] [/quote]

[color="#000080"]...unless the nuking was done in game, as I heard rumours and warnings filter my way that Californian was planning to nuke me IG (and I would have had to deal with IG, and filter it through to my RP).

If someone nukes you IG (or does anything else), then I don't see it requiring consent.[/color]