Best Alliance Made in 2010

augustus334

Best Alliance Made in 2010  

424 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1293664425' post='2557670']
I cannot vote, poll appears to be broken as i lack the permission to vote in it....

Peggysus broke the poll :((
[/quote]

I am afraid you are wrong good sir, once MK realised they were not in the poll and thus could not win this award, they sabotaged the poll itself!

:(( MK :((

Edit: Since Wickedj apparently can't vote, I have voted for Peggysus on his behalf, would hate for them to lose out :lol1:

Edited by Vladisvok Destino

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1293652064' post='2557538']
Going with Legacy because TIO cannot be allowed to win.
[/quote]
any particular reason why?

I voted for TIO because I honestly believe we have the whole package.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1293665335' post='2557683']
I am afraid you are wrong good sir, once MK realised they were not in the poll and thus could not win this award, they sabotaged the poll itself!

:(( MK :((

Edit: Since Wickedj apparently can't vote, I have voted for Peggysus on his behalf, would hate for them to lose out :lol1:
[/quote]
i am sure, somewhere in a pasture, Pansy is weeping because of this

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1293666709' post='2557706']
Probably because in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96322]nomination[/url] topic nobody suggested BoS?
[/quote]

Well that's a problem. This poll is flawed until BoS has been added.

I look at this list, and i think of the following.

Mergers are responsible for the following alliance's great size:
The New Guy ([s]ADI[/s], er The Shadow Proclaimation)
Colossus
University of Unity (although both of the alliances who merged to form it were formed in 2010)
The Peoples Community

Europa and DRAGON were splinters off other alliances.

TIO was a reformation.

Does Legacy actually expect people to believe they are really new and from scratch? Are they dumb enough to think we are that dumb? Seriously, If they keep it up and Penn and Teller will do a show about them, and its really not all that funny.

Who does that leave?
AcTi, Gondor, Exodus, Pegasus, The Dark Lords.

I can't say I particularly like any of them, I guess 2010 just wasn't a good year. At any rate, the measure of success for alliances created in 2010 will not be their performance in 2010, rather it will be their performance in 2011.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1293668004' post='2557729']

Colossus
University of Unity (although both of the alliances who merged to form it were formed in 2010)
The Peoples Community

TIO was a reformation.

Does Legacy actually expect people to believe they are really new and from scratch? Are they dumb enough to think we are that dumb? Seriously, If they keep it up and Penn and Teller will do a show about them, and its really not all that funny.

Who does that leave?

I can't say I particularly like any of them, I guess 2010 just wasn't a good year. At any rate, the measure of success for alliances created in 2010 will not be their performance in 2010, rather it will be their performance in 2011.
[/quote]

Except for when Europa wasn't a splinter. I founded it with a few former UCN members, sure, but that's not a splinter. UCN had disbanded. I really don't want to get into this again, I've been repeating myself now for almost 9 months.

Colossus
The Peoples Community

TIO was a reformation.

Who does that leave?

[/quote]
i sense some hurt from [i]behind[/i] this post, MP

Whens the last actually *NEW* alliance weve had around here? Facepunch? everything else is a splinter, a reformation or merger as per your standards

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1293669229' post='2557746']
Except for when Europa wasn't a splinter. I founded it with a few former UCN members, sure, but that's not a splinter. UCN had disbanded. I really don't want to get into this again, I've been repeating myself now for almost 9 months.
[/quote]

Then what would you like to call it? A duck?

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1293671066' post='2557766']
i sense some hurt from [i]behind[/i] this post, MP

Whens the last actually *NEW* alliance weve had around here? Facepunch? everything else is a splinter, a reformation or merger as per your standards
[/quote]

Nothing is new these days, to quote Professor Chaos's loyal sidekick, 'The Simpsons already did it'. (South Park reference)

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1293677345' post='2557827']
Then what would you like to call it? A duck?[/quote]

Usually when people dont have an alliance and they start a new one it's not called a "splinter"

[quote name='Karolina' timestamp='1293678094' post='2557832']
Europa with 33 votes? O.K, yeah. Don't get that one.

By the way, mergers do count. It's still a new alliance.
[/quote]

Come at me bro.

[/quote]

Not sure what you're implying here, but by your definition, we're a merger. I guess we're dumb enough to think you could figure that out on your own (and with bonus help from our announcements). :unsure:

I'd like to think that we've grown beyond that, though.

You're right, though, that starting an alliance from nothing is much tougher. I've been part of both--starting with nothing is hard, and I salute people who give it a try.

Edited by sammykhalifa