Brotherhood of Steel Announcement

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1291670447' post='2532275']
BoS is out of my range, so it would require more nations helping BoS for me to be to join the war regardless. Also I have been being diplomatic by discussing this war rather than rushing into it, I doubt they'll need any help just fighting BoS.
[/quote]

No, actually you haven't. You've been more hurtful as you've killed many brain cells with your incredibly retarded arguments and crazy theories. If you actually cared you would try to reach someone in private and actually talk about the situation at hand. That's actual diplomacy, not running around the forums screaming of evil.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1291670980' post='2532299']
No, actually you haven't. You've been more hurtful as you've killed many brain cells with your incredibly retarded arguments and crazy theories. If you actually cared you would try to reach someone in private and actually talk about the situation at hand. That's actual diplomacy, not running around the forums screaming of evil.
[/quote]
When you guys made that announcement that BoS was under your protection for a while, it didn't seem that BoS agreed to having the protectorate with you guys since he claimed only to have an ODP with you after that. So its you guys who are rushing into wars without first getting your treaties sorted out and it makes you look quite foolish. If its killing your brain cells it shows you never had strong ones to begin with, so no loss for anybody really.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1291671275' post='2532305']
When you guys made that announcement that BoS was under your protection for a while, it didn't seem that BoS agreed to having the protectorate with you guys since he claimed only to have an ODP with you after that. So its you guys who are rushing into wars without first getting your treaties sorted out and it makes you look quite foolish. If its killing your brain cells it shows you never had strong ones to begin with, so no loss for anybody really.
[/quote]

There are things that go through back rooms first. Also, OTS isn't in a war! SURPRISE!

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1291671415' post='2532307']
There are things that go through back rooms first. Also, OTS isn't in a war! SURPRISE!
[/quote]
Well you're still trying to claim them a protectorate of yours despite it not being valid under your own arguments, I recall you saying in this very thread that both parties need to agree on a protectorate and it can't be decided by one alliance,

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1291669403' post='2532252']
There's a difference about two alliances agreeing to something and one alliance forcing something. For example, most alliances do this while a protectorate is in talks.
[/quote]

BoS considered you guys to have an ODP, so you guys can't unilaterally decide you have a protectorate with them from what you're saying. In one post you argue one alliance stating another is under their protection isn't valid without both agreeing to it and then you claim to have a unilaterally decided on protectorate with BoS. Seems like a very hypocritical viewpoint you have on how treaties and agreements work, which seems to always be how you want them to even if you contradict yourself.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1291674405' post='2532366']
I can cite a 2007 precedent, if you'd like.
[/quote]
They tried arguing against that earlier in the thread, but I know its been done. If I state I'll protect Sajasabie if they need it, it doesn't make my claim of having an obligation to get involved any less valid than OTS. Both are a statements saying how things are and my view is treaties aren't needed, it was OTS who was saying that doesn't count and I pointed out how they were contradicting themselves.

Anyways unless OTS or other alliance jump in to try curb stomping Sajasabie I have no reason to get involved, but if more alliance jump in to attack Sajasabie I'll probably help them as it would be a clearly unfair fight.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1291668646' post='2532236']
^That's not an ODP.
[/quote]
To be fair here, Damsky has been saying it's an ODP left, right, and center. Quick perusal found these:
[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291532479' post='2530718']We have an ODP with OTS. I've told them not to counter declare if Sajasabie's protectorate counter-declares.[/quote][quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291593351' post='2531353']Our treaty with OTS is an ODP not an MDP.[/quote][quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291594675' post='2531370']OTS has every right to stick out (I encouraged them to aswell) because it's an OPTIONAL Defense Pact.[/quote]

[quote name='Jeb the Wise' timestamp='1291657313' post='2532057']
Good move Sajasabie. Most honorable.
[/quote]

How is it honorable to declare on a protected nation and after you were informed of the fact said nation was protected continue to war them?

I can't believe I forgot to post these, oh well:

[quote]Session Start: Sat Dec 04 22:30:26 2010
Session Ident: #SJBWarroom
03[22:30] * Now talking in #SJBWarroom
[22:31] <@KingNai> Hello again
03[22:31] * Rand[clone] (xxx) has joined #SJBWarroom
[22:32] <@KingNai> Hello
[22:32] <Rand[clone]> Howdy, Randalla here, in case there's any dispute ;)
01[22:33] <MrDamsky> Alright
[22:33] <@KingNai> Ok, so no CB
[22:33] <@KingNai> It is my impression that defending a rouge nuked nation is a CB upon itself
01[22:33] <MrDamsky> What?
01[22:33] <MrDamsky> That sentence doesn't make any sense.
[22:33] <@KingNai> Cat Land has nuked the RED member
01[22:33] <MrDamsky> We are defending Cat Land against all bandwagoners
01[22:34] <MrDamsky> For the purpose of this discussion we are defining a bandwagoner as someone who enters in a war without a CB
01[22:34] <MrDamsky> You have no treaties
01[22:34] <MrDamsky> Thus no CB.
01[22:34] <MrDamsky> Thus you are a bandwagoner.
[22:34] <Rand[clone]> Catland doesn't have a CB against RED. They're nothing but nuke rogues as far as I can tell
01[22:35] <MrDamsky> That is true
[22:35] <Rand[clone]> SJB decided that, since no one is capable or willing to help the RED nation that was nuked, they would lend a hand. If catland are your allies, not just nuke rogues, call them off
01[22:35] <MrDamsky> But as we all learned in kindergarten two wrongs don't make a right.
01[22:35] <MrDamsky> We basically have an ODP with Cat Land
[22:35] <Rand[clone]> You protecting nuke rogues doesn't make a right
[22:36] <Rand[clone]> they are the aggressors without a CB
01[22:36] <MrDamsky> I'm protecting them from raiders and bandwagoners
[22:36] <Rand[clone]> While they raid and nuke a defenseless alliance
01[22:36] <MrDamsky> That's acceptable to us.
01[22:36] <MrDamsky> Raiding is okay.
01[22:36] <MrDamsky> So we present you with two options:
01[22:37] <MrDamsky> 1. Declare peace in that thread with Cat Land pending reparations
01[22:37] <MrDamsky> Or
01[22:37] <MrDamsky> 2. Face the wrath of the brotherhood
[22:37] <Rand[clone]> Will catland be the one paying reps to RED?
01[22:37] <MrDamsky> You have 10 minutes to make your decision
01[22:37] <MrDamsky> No
01[22:37] <MrDamsky> SJB will be paying to Cat Land
01[22:37] <MrDamsky> For their unwarranted attacks
[22:37] <Rand[clone]> For catland's unwarranted attacks against RED?
01[22:37] <MrDamsky> It's a raid
01[22:38] <MrDamsky> Against an unprotected alliance
[22:38] <Rand[clone]> It was a declared war
[22:38] <Rand[clone]> without a CB
01[22:38] <MrDamsky> So what? It was a raid.
01[22:38] <MrDamsky> RED has no treaties
01[22:38] <MrDamsky> Cat Land does.
01[22:38] <MrDamsky> You are attacking my ally without a treaty connection.
[22:38] <Rand[clone]> Far as I know, catland disbands and reforms whenever they get bored, just to rogue on another alliance
[22:39] <Rand[clone]> There's nothing official in that, and nothing official between the two of you that I've seen
01[22:39] <MrDamsky> So what?
[22:39] <Rand[clone]> same instance as SJB decideing to help RED
01[22:39] <MrDamsky> We have an agreement
01[22:39] <MrDamsky> We don't make our treaties public
01[22:39] <MrDamsky> I assure you though, it exists.
[22:39] <Rand[clone]> so SJB made an agreement to help RED against the nuke rogue
01[22:39] <MrDamsky> No they didn't
01[22:40] <MrDamsky> SJB stated they had no ties to RED
[22:40] <Rand[clone]> They did by their active defense of the nation
01[22:40] <MrDamsky> That's not an agreement
01[22:40] <MrDamsky> You cannot make up an agreement at the eleventh hour to justify your war.
01[22:40] <MrDamsky> That's not how it works.
01[22:41] <MrDamsky> You have five minutes.
[22:41] <Rand[clone]> They're nuke rogues
[22:41] <Rand[clone]> And get catland in here for proper negotiations, instead of threatening my protectorate. We will defend our protectorate against "bandwagoners"
01[22:42] <MrDamsky> Catland is not in here
01[22:43] <MrDamsky> As their leader is not online
01[22:43] <MrDamsky> You have three minutes
[22:43] <Rand[clone]> We will not be hounded into negotiating without all parties present then, if you insist that they aren't simply nuke rogues
[22:43] <Rand[clone]> Arrange for them to be present
[22:44] <Rand[clone]> and we'll come to an agreement
[22:45] <Rand[clone]> Also, Ernie needs to be present as head of SJB
[22:45] <Rand[clone]> before anything is agreed on
01[22:46] <MrDamsky> Your time is up
01[22:46] <MrDamsky> What is your decision?
[22:46] <@KingNai> The full head of SJB isn't here
[22:46] <Rand[clone]> You just saw what I've said. Get catland in here before you continue to issue threats.
[22:47] <@KingNai> nor is Cat Land
[22:47] <Rand[clone]> catland needs to be here, if you consider them more than rogues
[22:48] <Rand[clone]> Set a time tomorrow where they're likely to be available
[22:48] <@KingNai> I will be, Ernie most likely not
[22:49] <Rand[clone]> Not even afternoonish? :/
[22:49] <@KingNai> No, gone all day pretty much, maybe afternoon
[22:49] <@KingNai> He may pop back on tonight
01[22:49] <MrDamsky> Stalling
[22:50] <Rand[clone]> No, but if you're saying they're not just rogues, then appropriate parties need to be present
[22:51] <Rand[clone]> I don't think they're anything but rogues, myself, but I'm willing to help with the negotiations, regardless
[22:53] <Rand[clone]> I see by your attack against a Sajasabie nation that was not involved in the defensive attacks against catland, you're not terribly interested in arriving at a resolution, yourself
01[23:05] <MrDamsky> Rand[clone]
01[23:05] <MrDamsky> I declared on the alliance
01[23:05] <MrDamsky> When someone DoWs an alliance they attack who they can
01[23:05] <MrDamsky> I can only attack that nation
[23:07] <Rand[clone]> Congratulations for supporting a nuke rogue, I suppose. ;)
01[23:07] <MrDamsky> He's a raider
01[23:07] <MrDamsky> And yes
01[23:07] <MrDamsky> I support raiders
01[23:07] <MrDamsky> deal with it
[23:09] <Rand[clone]> We will be. I have no interest in persuing reps, even for RED.
01[23:09] <MrDamsky> It's a shame we couldn't reach a peaceful solution
01[23:09] <MrDamsky> Alas the Brotherhood rides to war
[23:11] <Rand[clone]> You fairly well prevented it from happening, by refusing to have your ally meet
01[23:12] <MrDamsky> I didn't refuse
01[23:12] <MrDamsky> He just wasn't on
[23:12] <Rand[clone]> And your failure to yield long enough for parties to be present is negligent
01[23:12] <MrDamsky> If you were interested in negotation you would have persued it prior to Declaring War
[23:12] <Rand[clone]> there was no way to do so, since by your admission, this was a secret treaty
[23:13] <Rand[clone]> by everything that we could see, catland is nothing but a rogue alliance, formed out of the blue for kicks, without any ties of their own except for a few lookie-loos on the oWF
01[23:13] <MrDamsky> <Rand[clone]> there was no way to do so, since by your admission, this was a secret treaty
01[23:13] <MrDamsky> I meant negotiations with Catland
[23:14] <Rand[clone]> With rogues?
[23:14] <Rand[clone]> I'm sure it would have gone something like, please stop nuking a nation that is incapable of returning the favor. Response: LOL I'll get right on that
[23:15] <Rand[clone]> SJB were the ones who wanted to help the nuked nation. I checked for any connections with catland, and found none
01[23:15] <MrDamsky> Welp
01[23:15] <MrDamsky> Should have looked harder
01[23:15] <MrDamsky> Now Sajasabie pays
[23:15] <Rand[clone]> your attack, in turn, is incredibly negligent, given the fact that there was no way to conduct diplomacy
03[23:29] * @KingNai (xxx) has left #SJBWarroom
Session Close: Sat Dec 04 23:41:53 2010
[/quote]

As you can see AzN and Sajasabie both knew they were declaring war on a protected nation. They did not care and stated they would continue to attack SWAT. This was unacceptable, thus this declaration.

(OOC: for some reason I can't properly post the link to the logs so I'll just directly post them)

Edited by Mr Damsky

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][quote][color=#1C2837]<MrDamsky> We don't make our treaties public[/quote][/color]
[color=#1C2837]
[/color][/size][/font]
[color=#1C2837][quote][/color][color=#1C2837][size=2]As you can see AzN and Sajasabie both knew they were declaring war on a protected nation.[/quote][/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[size="2"][color="#1C2837"][size=2]Please tell us how we knew of these secret "treaties"[/size][/color][/size]

[quote name='KingNai' timestamp='1291697187' post='2532615']
Please tell us how we knew of these secret "treaties"
[/quote]

I told you all about it in those logs. You continued to attack him even after you knew he was protected. Your initial attack was forgivable, your refusal to peace out was not.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291697533' post='2532618']
I told you all about it in those logs. You continued to attack him even after you knew he was protected. Your initial attack was forgivable, your refusal to peace out was not.
[/quote]

As was your refusal of diplomacy. If you want diplomacy, make sure all parties are present.

[quote name='KingNai' timestamp='1291697653' post='2532620']
As was your refusal of diplomacy. If you want diplomacy, make sure all parties are present.
[/quote]

All parties didn't need to be present. I was simply stating you attacked a nation we were protecting and to offer peace.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291689160' post='2532550']
How is it honorable to declare on a protected nation and after you were informed of the fact said nation was protected continue to war them?
[/quote]
Defending victims against unprovoked assaults is always honourable.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1291698323' post='2532627']
Defending victims against unprovoked assaults is always honourable.
[/quote]

Spare me your moralist garbage. The nation was protected from those without a treaty connection to RED. They knew this and continued to attack.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291698520' post='2532630']
Spare me your moralist garbage. The nation was protected from those without a treaty connection to RED. They knew this and continued to attack.
[/quote]
Treaties aren't needed to do what's right.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291698817' post='2532637']
That's all your argument hinges on. What you believe is "right". I personally see nothing wrong with what SWAT did.
[/quote]
And he does. Both are subjective viewpoints.You can't base an argument on that unless you're willing to accept the other side can do the same.

[quote]01[22:33] <MrDamsky> We are defending Cat Land against all bandwagoners
01[22:34] <MrDamsky> For the purpose of this discussion we are defining a bandwagoner as someone who enters in a war without a CB
01[22:34] <MrDamsky> You have no treaties
01[22:34] <MrDamsky> Thus no CB.
01[22:34] <MrDamsky> Thus you are a bandwagoner.[/quote]

Damsky, you really can't be that clueless.

A nation or an alliance does not need a treaty to go to war on behalf of another nation or alliance.

Sajasabie's reason for declaring war is the use of nukes against a non-nuke nation. That is their CB, their cause for war.

Intervention to defeat rogues and nations the likes of yours is cause enough to go to war for Sajasabie. Deal with it Damsky or tuck tail and run.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291698817' post='2532637']
That's all your argument hinges on. What you believe is "right". I personally see nothing wrong with what SWAT did.
[/quote]
Actually, I didn't say I see anything wrong with what SWAT did.

What I said was, defending victims against unprovoked assaults - which is what SWAT did - is honourable and right. You're the one out here trying to claim someone committed a terrible crime.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1291699420' post='2532645']
Intervention to defeat rogues and nations the likes of yours is cause enough to go to war for Sajasabie. Deal with it Damsky or tuck tail and run.
[/quote]

This "rogue" (SWAT) was protected. They didn't care and did not peace out. That is unacceptable.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1291700501' post='2532656']
This "rogue" (SWAT) was protected. They didn't care and did not peace out. That is unacceptable.
[/quote]
And to Sajasabie it's not acceptable for nuke nations to nuke non-nuke nations.

Swat has not peaced out, either. That is unacceptable. It's even more unacceptable to say you're protecting a rogue.

Your defensive slots are empty still, interesting.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1291700959' post='2532658']
And to Sajasabie it's not acceptable for nuke nations to nuke non-nuke nations.
[/quote]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/27sn384]E_T? Is that you?[/url]

Edited by wickedj