Idle Musings

berbers

Good day fellow Bobians!

I have been hearing alot of rumors concerning an impending conflict, and was wondering if anyone would care to speculate as to the potential participants, timing and reasons for this predicted upcoming winter war!

After said future clash, we can review the conjectures and see who was closest!

Nothing specific, I just keep seeing random posts about some "winter war" that's bound to happen, due to various reasons and historical trends.

Was just curious to see a few scenarios about what a war in the short-term would look like if one were to happen.

It's likely that there will be a war in the next couple months, solely because we're already seven months out from the last global conflict and approaching the point where people will seize on anything for a cathartic burst of activity. As for what it looks like, I'd defer to WalkerNinja (I believe), who prophesied that it will look like a pack of chimpanzees trying to hump a football.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1290824690' post='2524275']
As for what it looks like, I'd defer to WalkerNinja (I believe), who prophesied that it will look like a pack of chimpanzees trying to hump a football.
[/quote]

:lol1:

There's no one else anywhere on the planet who can put things exactly like you, schad :excl:

There you have it. End of thread. ;)

Well the only conjecture we have so far is a UPN-GOONS war with UPN being the aggressor.

If that were to happen, would it expand to a large conflict? Or would it be a pack of chimpanzees trying to hump a football?

Any ideas?

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1290827580' post='2524319']
Well the only conjecture we have so far is a UPN-GOONS war with UPN being the aggressor.

If that were to happen, would it expand to a large conflict? Or would it be a pack of chimpanzees trying to hump a football?

Any ideas?
[/quote]
It will go Global, everyone will want a piece of UPN

15m 250 tech for that Peggy Slot

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1291005053' post='2525659']
Well NATO have declared a war on the Crimson Fists, so maybe you've already started it?
[/quote]
NATO is a shining beacon of total control over their member nations to be sure

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1291005053' post='2525659']
Well NATO have declared a war on the Crimson Fists, so maybe you've already started it?
[/quote]
He's...less than 5K. I'm guessing the damage being done isn't monumental and could be solved with a simple peace offer and 3mil in aid. Perhaps you should go talk to NATO directly instead.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1291005829' post='2525667']
He's...less than 5K. I'm guessing the damage being done isn't monumental and could be solved with a simple peace offer and 3mil in aid. Perhaps you should go talk to NATO directly instead.
[/quote]

We don't need external permission to defend our members.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1291006007' post='2525671']
We don't need external permission to defend our members.
[/quote]
I never said you did; "defending your members" and "solving the problem" are two different things entirely.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1291006651' post='2525677']
Quit trying to resolve problems. This could prove amusing.
[/quote]

That it's a little after 36 hours since the war was declared and the guy hasn't eaten any counters might be slightly amusing, but that's probably going to be the extent of it.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1291006988' post='2525679']
That it's a little after 36 hours since the war was declared and the guy hasn't eaten any counters might be slightly amusing, but that's probably going to be the extent of it.
[/quote]

Due to unforeseen warp-storms, our forces inadvertently missed the first available 'update' to press the counter-offensive. We have rectified this by forcing the bandit into Anarchy at the next suitable time to land ground forces. Mister 'one Barracks and some imported pigs' has obviously read the NATO war handbook cover to cover over his 316 days of training and as such did not provide much resistance.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1291014927' post='2525765']
Mister 'one Barracks and some imported pigs' has obviously read the NATO war handbook cover to cover over his 316 days of training and as such did not provide much resistance.
[/quote]
I would assume by his age and size that he's never cracked a book. Attacking another alliance is also a consequence of said ignorance. That's all there is to it, nothing more.