CNRP World Map III

Lynneth

[quote name='Mara Lithaen' timestamp='1332378740' post='2941404']
Additionally, nowhere on the map does it say you own that land, Voodoo. It is white-colored, and is therefor open season.

Thank you. Lynneth, would you please add it to my territory? <3
[/quote]
Open season means it is also open for Voodoo. Theoretically anyone could go there and dispute it, just that most would get a load of IC problems, because they have no reason to care about some land in Alaska. Just none of you can RP the citizens, as long as it would be disputed. The map is here for clarification of borders ICly. I could as well get rolled, France be wiped from the map, but as long as I don't go away, it is up to me to RP my 62,277,822 citizens of my country. Happened so already with Croatia. The map follows IC actions and beliefs, not OOC ones.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1332418014' post='2941539']
Open season means it is also open for Voodoo. Theoretically anyone could go there and dispute it, just that most would get a load of IC problems, because they have no reason to care about some land in Alaska. Just none of you can RP the citizens, as long as it would be disputed. The map is here for clarification of borders ICly. I could as well get rolled, France be wiped from the map, but as long as I don't go away, it is up to me to RP my 62,277,822 citizens of my country. Happened so already with Croatia. The map follows IC actions and beliefs, not OOC ones.
[/quote]
This, I guess.

Additionally, the map is inherently, and by nature, inaccurate. It is maintained by one person who relies largely on others to tell him what sort of changes occur on the map. If the mapmaker is not told, they cannot update accurately. Always, always assume that somewhere, someone might have been a little faster than you or that the borders might not be as perfectly accurate as they seem.
The map is not the last instance. It is a guideline to help people orient themselves.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1332434698' post='2941666']
Something I'd like to point out, Lynneth: don't forget to mark the British Isles as an Union protectorate or something. Otherwise, it looks like Voodoo Nova has two nations on the map.

:V
[/quote]
Long been fixed for the next update. Which will be when things change more.

Disputes over Canada are considered to be officially finished from my end, British Columbia, Yukon and Alberta are to be part of the Northern Imperium. Ontario, Manitoba, Sasketchewan, Northwest Territories, and all disputed Canadian Arctic Islands are to be considered an American Protectorate, jointly protected by Tanis, Mara, myself, and probably Pravus Ingruo (if he so chooses).

I would like to request that, upon posting of the proper documentation in accordance with CNRP policy regarding claims, that the following area be marked officially as "Naharayim".

[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/kansasrules/boogaloo.png[/img]

Thank you.

also hello

[size="6"]Attention[/size]

I will be discontinuing updates soon. I would like someone from the community to stand up and take the proverbial flag.
Note that you [b]must[/b] be using [size="5"]Photoshop[/size].
I will upload a .psd file for you to use. What you do with it and how you organise it is up to you. Just never, ever just copypaste maps others make and make sure you keep things -accurate- above all.
The font used is 'Bebas Neue'.

As for my reasons?
Simple.

I plan on phasing out some of my presence in CNRP somewhat. Map's the first thing. Other things may or may not follow, depending on a great many factors.
Shortly, because reasons.

That is all for now.

Edit: Note that I can continue to provide hosting for the map.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1332919672' post='2944211']
Blah, Photoshop. Maybe I'll spend some cash to get it for this.
[/quote]
There's less than legal ways to obtain the program, you know. It's what I did.
And really, the file has a layer for each label. There's over 150 layers on the map, and it eats half of my PC's RAM whenever I open it, making the rest of this machine lag immensely.
This isn't child's play.