An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289960749' post='2515529']
Bilrow has no tolerance for jokes. He'll even ban you when he doesn't have the authority(last year '09 Intelligence Director). Overturned that faster than an SUV on a highway but it gave me a good outlook on his personality.
[/quote]
No, I just don't like you. :P

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1289960240' post='2515514']
With all due respect, if an ambassador came to your forum and referred to your alliance as "Scum" or had a signature in which your flag was burned you'd be offended by the behavior of that ambassador.[/quote]

Not to the point of using Admin powers, assuming I had them.

[quote]In addition i understand that the banned MK diplomats were former NPO members who were on thin ice to begin with due to their history of hostile behavior towards Pacifica.[/quote]

I honestly wasn't aware Seerow and Tamerlane had been overly hostile towards NPO after leaving, unless you count their existence as a hostile act.

[quote]
At the very least the choice of diplomats from MK for NPO was unfortunate, one could even consider it an insult by itself.[/quote]

People tend to pick former members for diplomat postings.

Krull left GOD on bad terms, and we weren't super happy (to put it mildly) when MK originally made him their diplomat to us in late 08.

We got over it.

[quote]
As an ambassador you represent your alliance and as such you should display a level of maturity to match that.
There is room for a joke e.g. on "Talk like a pirate day" to start a topic with "Arrrr, Ye scurvy Pacificans/Mushrooms... " but there is no excuse for a diplomat NOT to be respectful towards the alliance at which he/she is a guest.

Edit: multiple genders.
[/quote]

I'd rather simply give it right back in return when it happens.

Edit: Oops, that word's not allowed here~

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289960834' post='2515532']
[color="#0000FF"]I can't defend that, but in all honesty, it is no more distasteful or offensive than the type of stuff that goes on in the private forums of many alliances, and this is not simply limited to MK. You fellows really ain't all sunshine yourself.

Now, I won't say I would have handled the situation like NPO did. I wouldn't have banned either Tamerlane or Seerow, but the NPO does have a right to accept or reject any diplomat it wishes. It is their forum after all. I'm not even sure you can say that anything they did in regards to this mess was distastefully. Slightly rude, possibly, depending on your point of view, but nowhere near as malicious or spiteful as many of you are making it out to be.

This entire thing is just a ridiculous situation. Haters of NPO will use it to say that NPO hasn't changed and is back to their old ways, and haters of MK will say that this is just a ruse to put out anti-NPO sentiment before rolling them with a weak CB. Anyone who takes sides in this is all the stupider for doing so.[/color]
[/quote]

No it's not. However the accusations that the two were trolling on the NPO boards, combined with the fact that it's well known the thread I mentioned exists and it is known by both individuals, I could see why things possibly got out of hand given it singled out one person. Especially since some people in that thread are/were IOs along with other members of the NPO's Military Command.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289961086' post='2515539']
No it's not. However the accusations that the two were trolling on the NPO boards, combined with the fact that it's well known the thread I mentioned exists and it is known by both individuals, I could see why things possibly got out of hand given it singled out one person. Especially since some people in that thread are/were IOs along with other members of the NPO's Military Command.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. I'm just saying that this entire affair is stupid.[/color]

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289961203' post='2515543']
Old retort. I think Brennan tried it last year.
[/quote]
Well from what I understand, he doesn't like you either. I'm in great company. :)

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289955106' post='2515403']
While I never was in our Diplo Corps, I am somewhat sure that our diplomats do not call other alliances "scum" in their halls. As far as here presented, that is exactly what happened in regards to the edited wording.
[/quote]

wait

why are you talking about my topic

seriously did you guys lose your sense of humor or something?

don't you remember the topic where I photoshopped the hell out of your flag?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289961189' post='2515542']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. I'm just saying that this entire affair is stupid.[/color]
[/quote]

What I'm trying to say is that the NPO made it well known they don't like anybody who left during the Milcom Excursion in '07. They singled out one individual and made a thread basically trashing him. It was well known that the thread existed outside the NPO. If they didn't want them on the forums they shouldn't have given them the masks back. I'd be on their case if there was a thread about me too(please say there is). Even if they weren't angry, it would have at least changed my demeanor towards the NPO.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289960361' post='2515516']
Shhh....no one is supposed to know about their double standards. It's only a crime when YOU do it.

I won't disagree with you there. But I stand by my point that Bilrow has a very thin tolerance threshold for fun and jest.
[/quote]

Bilrow told me on IRC that he was essentially joking around like 5 minutes after I posted the topic:
"I responded bros :P"

I'm LUE scum, and they are NPO scum :D

<3

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1289961554' post='2515557']
Bilrow told me on IRC that he was essentially joking around like 5 minutes after I posted the topic:
"I responded bros :P"

I'm LUE scum, and they are NPO scum :D

<3
[/quote]
Damn...I missed out calling you LUE scum. :( I only called you MK Scum.

I fail.

The Mushroom Kingdom seems to do these things in good humor for the purpose of mere bantering, to start these diplomatic mudslingings for entertainment's sake alone.

While I cannot read their minds as to the intentions behind this topic, it is evident that they do not take the matters at hand all that seriously. That is, they seem to happily play along with the back-and-forth, but if you think that they are personally and deeply offended by such an inconsequential act from an old foe, than perhaps you are underestimating the sense of humor within the Mushroom Kingdom.

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1289961636' post='2515560']
Damn...I missed out calling you LUE scum. :( I only called you MK Scum.

I fail.
[/quote]

you should be stripped of your medals and your pacifican flag.

we all know that the first thing a pacifican learns in NPO Trolling Schoolâ„¢ is to call ex-LUE members LUE sucm

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289959508' post='2515500']
The epitome of Pacifican class is the thread posted somewhere on their forums called $%&@ Seerow. You know the one.
[/quote]

Yeah because the noble Mushroom Kingdom doesn't insults ambassadors in their forums... :rolleyes:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1289961880' post='2515566']
you should be stripped of your medals and your pacifican flag.

we all know that the first thing a pacifican learns in NPO Trolling Schoolâ„¢ is to call ex-LUE members LUE sucm
[/quote]

[color=red]*Bilrow resigns from New Pacific Order in shame.[/color]

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1289961413' post='2515549']
wait

why are you talking about my topic[/quote]
The why is close to the post you quoted. At that juncture of the thread, the only brought up case of the famed "editing of words of diplomats" was your thread's title. That was the only thing we had to go on (those not being on line at the time). At that point, it just seemed to me as I said as well, that the issue came out of "cultural misunderstandings", of sorts (missed lulz and !@#$z)

But then again, as thread progressed,...I am at a total lost as to what that "grievously insulting" editing of words actually then was, as it seems that Bilrow and you had some fun.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1289962028' post='2515572']
The why is close to the post you quoted. At that juncture of the thread, the only brought up case of the famed "editing of words of diplomats" was your thread's title. That was the only thing we had to go on (those not being on line at the time). At that point, it just seemed to me as I said as well, that the issue came out of "cultural misunderstandings", of sorts (missed lulz and !@#$z)

But then again, as thread progressed,...I am at a total lost as to what that "grievously insulting" editing of words actually then was, as it seems that Bilrow and you had some fun.
[/quote]

Bros and I always have fun...but he never cuddles. :(

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1289961971' post='2515569']
Yeah because the noble Mushroom Kingdom doesn't insults ambassadors in their forums... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

There's a bit of a difference between...uhm, verbally attacking an ambassador on your boards and having a three-year-old hate thread for a guy who left the alliance.

One's not the nicest thing to do, the other is sad and creepy.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289960834' post='2515532']
[color="#0000FF"]I can't defend that, but in all honesty, it is no more distasteful or offensive than the type of stuff that goes on in the private forums of many alliances, and this is not simply limited to MK. You fellows really ain't all sunshine yourself.

Now, I won't say I would have handled the situation like NPO did. I wouldn't have banned either Tamerlane or Seerow, but the NPO does have a right to accept or reject any diplomat it wishes. It is their forum after all. I'm not even sure you can say that anything they did in regards to this mess was distastefully. Slightly rude, possibly, depending on your point of view, but nowhere near as malicious or spiteful as many of you are making it out to be.

This entire thing is just a ridiculous situation. Haters of NPO will use it to say that NPO hasn't changed and is back to their old ways, and haters of MK will say that this is just a ruse to put out anti-NPO sentiment before rolling them with a weak CB. Anyone who takes sides in this is all the stupider for doing so.[/color]
[/quote]
While they do have the right to reject foreign diplomats, it is also very poor form to expel an envoy. Such a move is likely to create tensions.

OOC: In RL, short of a war, it's often the most radical FA move a country can make towards another.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1289962259' post='2515577']
There's a bit of a difference between...uhm, verbally attacking an ambassador on your boards and having a three-year-old hate thread for a guy who left the alliance.

One's not the nicest thing to do, the other is sad and creepy.
[/quote]

You know MK boards and do you know how many threads they have mocking people/alliances they dislike right?

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1289962421' post='2515578']
While they do have the right to reject foreign diplomats, it is also very poor form to expel an envoy. Such a move is likely to create tensions.[/quote]

It's also poor form to hurl insults at a foreign ambassador, but MK and many other alliances, (yes, Polar included, no need for a "gotcha!") have done exactly that without it necessitating a thread announcing it to the world. This is a petty diplomatic dispute between MK and NPO, and MK for some reason thought they could milk the NPO cow (what an appropriate metaphor!) for more PR.

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1289963016' post='2515585']
It's also poor form to hurl insults at a foreign ambassador, but MK and many other alliances, (yes, Polar included, no need for a "gotcha!") have done exactly that without it necessitating a thread announcing it to the world. This is a petty diplomatic dispute between MK and NPO, and MK for some reason thought they could milk the NPO cow (what an appropriate metaphor!) for more PR.
[/quote]
:ph34r:

I am very picky as to who is allowed to milk this cow. If you are interested, please fill out the 10-page application form, including your fingerprints and submitting to a background check. You will be notified of your acceptance or rejection via OWF post.

P.S. Moridin gets the NPO medal for most awesome metaphor!