A Change in Royalty

Lukapaka

[quote name='Necromancer V4L' timestamp='1288115006' post='2493621']
I did receive special favors, but that is not relevant to this. The only "experience" I had was on account of those connections. Face it, Hyp, most of Sparta's current and former government should never have been leadership, myself included.[/quote]

I resemble that remark :lol1:

Experience isn't always required to get into government. Being active within your alliance, being a hard worker, and having a good head on your shoulders "should" get you into government every time.

Don't put yourself down Necro. I learned alot from you and Hiro both. Of which, I've missed both of you and wish you would both pop in to chat every now and then... :awesome:

I should never be government in any alliance, ever.
[/quote]

I should totally put that into my sig ^_^

Edited by Ian Dox

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face it, Hyp, most of Sparta's current and former government should never have been leadership, myself included. I should never be government in any alliance, ever.
[/quote]
Gosh, this is an excellent post to make people stroke your ego. [b]Most[/b] of sparta's government eh? Like 90% 100% 110%? Say and do what you will, Sparta would not be be where it is today if it didn't have some of the best leaders on Bob. To say most members of govt are undeserving of a govt position is frankly, ignorant and disrespectful.

I'm sorry you don't feel that you are qualified to be a leader. I can honestly say from an IC and OOC perspective that I hate being a leader. Becoming a leader typically entails that you 1.) have to be a bad guy when necessary 2.) Means you have to put in a lot of extra work. Despite my general dislike for being a leader, I have been thrust into several leadership positions both IC and OOC. If you are capable and available, people will ask you to be a leader when the time comes. That's just the way it is.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287967359' post='2492356']
[color="#0000FF"]This is disappointing to see. Olaf embodied everything that was Sparta.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]This may be the one time that I do agree with you. Nevertheless, have fun, Olaf.[/color]

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1288123994' post='2493690']
[color="#0000FF"]This may be the one time that I do agree with you. Nevertheless, have fun, Olaf.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Indeed. Olaf may have been many things, to many different people mind you, but he was above all else Sparta. No one can deny that simple and irrefutable fact. From his utter inability to lead, to his incoherence, and his lack of an ability to hold an independent though, Olaf embodied everything that makes Sparta the alliance it is. His reign will not be forgotten. Goodnight sweet prince.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1288149792' post='2494022']
[color="#0000ff"]Indeed. Olaf may have been many things, to many different people mind you, but he was above all else Sparta. No one can deny that simple and irrefutable fact.[/color]
[/quote]

Shoot! The secrets out.
You're right, RV. Olaf is Sparta. The entire AA is made of his multis. I'm not sure how you figured it out.

:lol1:

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1288112637' post='2493602']
[b] This happens in every alliance,[/b] and you can ask any government. If...let's say...Tums decided to leave Fark and joined Sparta, and then decided she wanted to get involved in gov, you bet your ass we would put her some where if there was a spot open. She's experienced, and in this game experience > everything when promoting government members.
[/quote]

Doesn't happen in mine.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1288152098' post='2494050']
Doesn't happen in mine.
[/quote]

do you really think that the fact that NPO has a ruling clique is a good thing

really

and if not, do you think it's a good thing to reinforce that every opportunity you get :v:

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1288152386' post='2494051']
do you really think that the fact that NPO has a ruling clique is a good thing

really

and if not, do you think it's a good thing to reinforce that every opportunity you get :v:
[/quote]

Sometimes it is good to have actually read what I was replying to. Just saying.

Edited by Charles Stuart

What you're saying is that experienced rulers who join you don't get a fast track to government because of their experience elsewhere. That's not [i]exactly[/i] the same thing as saying that the NPO has a governing clique that's impossible to break into, but it's very similar. In addition, it's not true – Bilrow is one high profile example of someone who was given positions in NPO quicker than most because of his experience in GGA (insert colony joke here), and one could argue the same for SDRD.

Every alliance should put active, experienced and interested people into high up roles, even if most of that experience was gained in other alliances. I'm not sure why you're claiming that your alliance doesn't do that with apparent pride.

[quote][b]On March 23, 2008[/b], Bilrow tendered his resignation as a member and Elder of the Grand Global Alliance and joined the New Pacific Order.

[b]March 23, 2009, Bilrow celebrated one year with the New Pacific Order. During his time at the New Pacific Order, Bilrow has gotten involved in all aspects of alliance life from Recruiting, Mentoring, Tech Dispatching, Military Intel, and Diplomatic Corps.[/b] The comraderie and friendship from all Comrades in the New Pacific Order has brought a new age of Bilrow's life here in Cybernations that can not be replaced.

On May 30th 2010 , Bilrow was appointed to the rank of Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs by Emperor Cortath. [/quote]

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Bilrow

If you look at his nation's wiki, you can see that bilrow worked his way through the ranks like everyone else till he reached his current position. Of course, now you are going to say "but he was promoted rapidly due to former experience". A notion my next idea will disprove.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Brennan

[quote][quote]Seriatim was established on Thursday, October 2nd, 2008.[/quote]

[b]April 22nd 2010,[/b] Emperor Cortath announced the promotion of Brennan to the rank of Imperial Officer of News and Propaganda.[/quote]

Do I need to spell it out? Merit is the basis of advancement within the Order. Merit and merit alone.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1288179181' post='2494177']
What you're saying is that experienced rulers who join you don't get a fast track to government because of their experience elsewhere. That's not [i]exactly[/i] the same thing as saying that the NPO has a governing clique that's impossible to break into, but it's very similar. In addition, it's not true – Bilrow is one high profile example of someone who was given positions in NPO quicker than most because of his experience in GGA (insert colony joke here), and one could argue the same for SDRD.

Every alliance should put active, experienced and interested people into high up roles, even if most of that experience was gained in other alliances. I'm not sure why you're claiming that your alliance doesn't do that with apparent pride.
[/quote]

There are another example, that IRON girl who joined NPO, I forgot her name but IIRC she was made NPO gov pretty fast.

Mary The Fantabulous left GPA in mid September 2006 and was promoted to the Pacifican War Council by December 2006.

Fast-tracked comes to mind. It's not a bad thing. Merit can be gained elsewhere, even if in this case I'm not exactly sure it was merit.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1288070117' post='2493394']
Hiro, You know I love you brah, but your comment is butchered with poor punctuation and grammar thus making it difficult to decipher. Forgive me if I misread your post.

Sparta has never selected members of government based on seniority. That's just not the way we roll.
[/quote]

I can vouch for this. Ive been in the alliance for damn near four years and havent even gotten close to a dep. ephor/elder position within the alliance. I think the closest i ever got was being a replacement senator in our (now disbanded)senate. Hard work and a natural talent to lead are what governs our decisions for advancement. These are two things that I really never showed and my station in the alliance represents that. Occasionally some members rise to ranks within Sparta that they do not necessarily deserve, but i never got the feeling that Olaf was one of those people. It may have been quick rise but it always seemed that Olaf had the best interests of Sparta in mind. I never had to deal with him as from an outside perspective but as a member he usually was a blast to talk to on the forums or when he got on skype. Its a shame to see you walk away from Sparta and i hope you find what you are looking for in the ODN.

o/ Olaf
o/ Luka
o/ All past and present Kings of Sparta.

Edited by the damned

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1288149792' post='2494022']
[color="#0000FF"]Indeed. Olaf may have been many things, to many different people mind you, but he was above all else Sparta. No one can deny that simple and irrefutable fact. From his utter inability to lead, to his incoherence, and his lack of an ability to hold an independent though, Olaf embodied everything that makes Sparta the alliance it is. His reign will not be forgotten. Goodnight sweet prince.[/color]
[/quote]
I disagree with you. Your point is invalid.

[quote name='Cable77' timestamp='1287972703' post='2492445']
Sad to see Olaf go, I enjoyed working with him.Congratulations to Luka. Haven't I seen you before?
[/quote]

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1288109234' post='2493574']
"My name is Luka, I live on the second floor,..."Olaf better keep on trucking in ODN, such gems are only worth it if they are always exposed and not boxed. Can we get at least an official version of the reason why Olaf retired?
[/quote]

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1288149057' post='2494009']
Eh? If this is some sort of pop-culture reference, I don't get it. Otherwise, quit pretending to be me :ph34r:
[/quote]

I think we're confusing the yoots.

[i]My name is luca
I live on the second floor
I live upstairs from you
Yes i think you've seen me before
If you hear something late at night
Some kind of trouble, some kind of fight

Just don't ask me what it was (3x)

I think it's 'cause i'm clumsy
I try not to talk too loud
Maybe it's because i'm crazy