GOON spy orders

JimKongIl

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285197485' post='2461437']
In a world with no law, the term rogue is an absolutely empty term. His nation is no more or less a rogue than yours is.
[/quote]I don't think you quite "get it". In this world, the nations shape the rules, official and not so much, that we all abide by. Messr. JimKungIl has violated the rules that have been established by the alliance discourse, and is thus a rogue.

What you say is a lot like someone saying "just because this nation is in anarchy, if someone loots your house and kills your family you aren't allowed to round up a posse for revenge because "looting" and "murder" are absolutely empty terms.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1285176823' post='2461129']
Oh god. This argument again? I'll spell it out once more then... Any time someone helps Methrage, GOONS tell us because they're good allies. Almost immediately, MK, Umbrella, PC, iFOK, GOD and the rest of GOONS' allies are fighting each other to get a piece of the rogue. And GOONS, being good allies, let us. You can call them cowards for that all you want though, just like you can look like a moron all you want in the process. I call it being a good ally.
[/quote]

Again, I am not a rogue. Goons are free to accept white peace at any time. Although it looks like this one might get ugly. Any alliances that DoW on me tonight should consider themselves in a state of war with me and open for counter attack. Someone should keep some stats, I'd like to compare their value relative to 270 million after this is all over.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285195314' post='2461395']
We're not an alliance, we're just a bunch of people who work toward a greaterohwait
[/quote]We work together for the betterment of us all.

I guess you could say we co-operate with each-other to... Ascend.

:smug:

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1285197585' post='2461439']
If it is any consolation, you're not the only one who received a GOONS aid offer which was cancelled right away.
They seem to think that anyone who doesn't like GOONS and holds a FAC [i]must[/i] be supplying Methrage.
[/quote]

It's like you didn't read the entire conversation in here and just posted to be all :(( GONS :((

[quote name='JimKongIl' timestamp='1285197786' post='2461444']
Again, I am not a rogue. Goons are free to accept white peace at any time. Although it looks like this one might get ugly. Any alliances that DoW on me tonight should consider themselves in a state of war with me and open for counter attack. Someone should keep some stats, I'd like to compare their value relative to 270 million after this is all over.
[/quote]

You are a rogue, and since you committed a blatant act of war against our alliance, you have no room to dictate terms of peace to us.

Edited by Choson

If it is any consolation, you're not the only one who received a GOONS aid offer which was cancelled right away.
They seem to think that anyone who doesn't like GOONS and holds a FAC [i]must[/i] be supplying Methrage.
[/quote]
Of course! That's why we're organizing spy operations against everyone with a FAC that "doesn't like GOONS", right?

[/quote]

Care to expand on this?

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285197754' post='2461442']
I don't think you quite "get it". In this world, the nations shape the rules, official and not so much, that we all abide by. Messr. JimKungIl has violated the rules that have been established by the alliance discourse, and is thus a rogue.

What you say is a lot like someone saying "just because this nation is in anarchy, if someone loots your house and kills your family you aren't allowed to round up a posse for revenge because "looting" and "murder" are absolutely empty terms.
[/quote]

Given your premise, yes every nation is potentially a rogue, alliance member or not. An alliance member's participation in a "posse," be it ad hoc or by "treaties," further reinforces this point.

Goons are free to accept white peace at any time.[/quote]

Yeah, we'll be sure to let you off for your act of war because you decide that you're too large and important to have to pay any kind of reps. Thank you for your input.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285198166' post='2461459']
(Blah blah blah blah)
[/quote]

Unaligned nations that commit acts of war against an alliance are rogues. Why do you think you get to define what a rogue is, and why do you think that definition holds more sway than general public opinion?

Because you're just THAT cool?

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

GOONS seem to be the rogues here, with their slot filling and treating everyone who doesn't like them as guilty of sending aid to me, as well as distorting the meaning of the term rogue to fit their needs as they manipulate/threaten other alliances to destabilize their senate position and color sphere to benefit GOONS.

Someone should keep some stats, I'd like to compare their value relative to 270 million after this is all over.
[/quote]

I daresay our Billion Dollar Rogue moniker for Methrage will become literal in a matter of hours.

Edit: Oh, and to head off the obvious response, allow me to quote my GOONS brethren from earlier in this discussion. It's not about the numbers. It's about the justice.

Edited by magicmountain

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1285198171' post='2461460']
Because you're just THAT cool?
[/quote]

I think he's pretty cool....

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285198380' post='2461463']
GOONS seem to be the rogues here, with their slot filling and treating everyone who doesn't like them as guilty of sending aid to me, as well as distorting the meaning of the term rogue to fit their needs as they manipulate/threaten other alliances to destabilize their senate position and color sphere to benefit GOONS.
[/quote]

And you continue to accept secret aid and put those who send it to you in these positions.

Oh Methy, never change~

Edited by Haquertal

[/quote]

Instead of the text you are now reading, kindly replace it with a mental image of me laughing for hours.

[/quote]

How have they distorted the term rogue. You two attacked GOONS/aided a member at war with GOONS for absolutely no reason. That's a rogue.

GOONS seem to be the rogues here, with their slot filling and [b]treating everyone who doesn't like them as guilty of sending aid to me[/b], as well as distorting the meaning of the term rogue to fit their needs as they manipulate/threaten other alliances to destabilize their senate position and color sphere to benefit GOONS.
[/quote]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285165580' post='2460938']
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Raidon. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Desired Religion: Judaism
Desired Government: Totalitarian State
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: 8/12/2010 10:30:55 PM
Last Wonder Purchase: 9/15/2010
Total Money: (removed)
Technology: 16,850.98 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 9/22/2010 12:00:11 AM
Trade Partners: GenghisKahn, BuildQA, Matavia, Hubbard
Secret Aid Sent To: [b]Libertarian Empire[/b]
Total Aircraft: 105
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 945
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 0
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:

Corvettes: 13
Landing Ships: 13
Battleships: 11
Cruisers: 10
Frigates: 9
Destroyers: 9
Submarines: 8
Aircraft Carriers: 8
[/quote]

Cry some more.

[/quote]

This sounds really familiar...

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1282245281' post='2423353']
I don't know VE will treat this attack or how long they will want to continue. I'm not a rogue, but you can view it how you want I suppose.
[/quote]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283499271' post='2440186']
I currently have 5 nukes that can't be spied away, only thing to do is launch one on each of them unless they surrender individually or you agree to an alliance wise white peace.
[/quote]

Methrage, is that really you? Or am I imagining things?

Edited by lightningjim

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1285198630' post='2461471']
How have they distorted the term rogue. You two attacked GOONS/aided a member at war with GOONS for absolutely no reason. That's a rogue.
[/quote]

Attacking one nonsensical statement in a gigantic sea of nonsense almost seems like a waste of time. I think it'd be more of an intellectual challenge to find anything in Methrage's post that actually did make sense.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285198166' post='2461459']
Given your premise, yes every nation is potentially a rogue, alliance member or not. An alliance member's participation in a "posse," be it ad hoc or by "treaties," further reinforces this point.
[/quote]
Well, sure, every nation is potentially a rogue. Everyone has the potential to do things that would deem them as a rogue state. The sticking point is that most people don't do these activities because they understand the consequences.

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1285198685' post='2461473']
Cry some more.
[/quote]
He's not the only one who has been getting sent bogus aid offers to see what people are doing with their slots, plenty of innocent nations have had their privacy infringed by you guys as well.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285198904' post='2461481']
He's not the only one who has been getting sent bogus aid offers to see what people are doing with their slots, plenty of innocent nations have had their privacy infringed by you guys as well.
[/quote]
And those nations are?

I don't get the outrage. We have spied on or requested spy operations on 3 nations total. Of those 3 nations all have been found to have aided Mothrage. All knew ahead of time that doing so is an act of war against :(:(GONS:(:( So what is the argument here?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285198904' post='2461481']
[/quote]

I would explain to you the difference between investigating and accusing but I don't have the time to make hand puppets.