The Third Court

Sargun II

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying is that there is simply so much information about it that any country would think it's a systematic religion which can be eradicated? I haven't been following the RPs too much, but from the looks of it, I think you can't blame Cochin for what he's doing.

The problem is there are not cultists anymore outside of what people have in their own countries. They can exterminate them in their countries.. if they host them. But none of them are members of the Dragon Cult sect. They're all members of the Faith of Dreams.. which may or may not worship me.

The Dragon Cult, specifically, has completely ceased to be. There is nothing left to exterminate.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1287027392' post='2484134']
How did LEGION observers get with the paratroopers?
Your folks were on completly different ships to my marines and had no way of getting to the shore or getting men ashore before the executions took place.
Please elaborate.
[/quote]

Autowin explains it all and unless you want to carefully describe your own landing and fighting that's about all I have to explain.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1287027843' post='2484141']
*rubs his temples to stave off the headache*

Now I know why previous GM's wanted the court to be a non-discussion area.

OK, Mael, Cochin, you both erred to a degree.

Cochin, I know you led up to the retaliation on the base the attack originated from, but I'm still not convinced what you did would be eough to implicate anyone but the people on that base alone. It wouldn't have to be a widespread conspiracy of everyone in Antarctica to pull off. Just a few key personel is all it takes, in fact that's probable and wise, to minimize potential leaks. I would say the retaliation gave Mael no chance to respond, but he did say he was done with them...so meh.

Mael, you can't reasonably expect him to know everything, OOC'ly about your placements around the continent. But if he does put the effort in, he will find them, IC-wise. It's up to you as a player to let him know where they are, regardless of how you may feel about it OOC-wise.

I doubt either of you will like my ruling, but here it is. The attack on the main base stands. With a little more work, Cochin can also locate and do what he wishes with the others.
[/quote]

Mael flew a plane to a remote base in the Antartica that was implicated in an attempted nuclear attack. The base, whether mael wants to admit it or not, is a known remnant of Dragonsia.

Now.. follow my logic...

Cochin has had a well developed Antarctica presence for years. This involves land forces (read ice forces), aircraft, satellite recon, and naval forces.

Are you telling me that in all this time the Kingdom wouldn't have done a routine sweep of the entire continent from space? And are you further telling me a colony of warmblooded hooman beings wouldn't stick out on the ice pack like a blowtorch? Further, Cochin actually being a larger more developed nation with a very comprehensive security services wouldn't pick up the communications that would have been coming out of these bases?

I'm sorry subtle.. Mael shouldn't have to tell Cochin anything.. because Cochin shouldn't need anything told to him. The location of every single base, igloo, wigwam, and tee pee in Antarctica is more or less open knowledge to anyone with a satellite. Further, routine radar sweeps would have left a trail of bread crumbs an imbecile could have followed from the Kingdom all the way to the South Pole. Which by the way is out of range of most transport planes, and neither did Mael attempt to rp a refueling stop, something I'd think would be incredibly important in that sort of role play.

Oh wait.. you supported Cochin, bang on ol' son, bang on.

TBM, I think he requested we drop this issue, but in my defense I respond this one last time, after this, please let it go.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1287032948' post='2484234']
Mael flew a plane to a remote base in the Antartica that was implicated in an attempted nuclear attack. The base, whether mael wants to admit it or not, is a known remnant of Dragonsia.
[/quote]

Was never denied.

[quote]
Now.. follow my logic...

Cochin has had a well developed Antarctica presence for years. This involves land forces (read ice forces), aircraft, satellite recon, and naval forces.

Are you telling me that in all this time the Kingdom wouldn't have done a routine sweep of the entire continent from space? And are you further telling me a colony of warmblooded hooman beings wouldn't stick out on the ice pack like a blowtorch? Further, Cochin actually being a larger more developed nation with a very comprehensive security services wouldn't pick up the communications that would have been coming out of these bases?
[/quote]

Sure, but it doesn't tell him the content of those communications. I never did a radio broadcast in the rp that related to terrorism, attacks, etc.. for Cochin to know what was going on there. In fact, what was coming out of those bases, was data on ice cores, weather readings, and conditions of the ice for any communities still active in the antarctic region, which there are some.. Antarctica has been inhabited in CNRP for a very long time and I hate having to repeat myself on the same issues over and over again because some people TLDR other threads where these points have already been addressed.

[quote]
I'm sorry subtle.. Mael shouldn't have to tell Cochin anything.. because Cochin shouldn't need anything told to him. The location of every single base, igloo, wigwam, and tee pee in Antarctica is more or less open knowledge to anyone with a satellite. Further, routine radar sweeps would have left a trail of bread crumbs an imbecile could have followed from the Kingdom all the way to the South Pole. Which by the way is out of range of most transport planes, and neither did Mael attempt to rp a refueling stop, something I'd think would be incredibly important in that sort of role play.
[/quote]

If you had actually read, which you didn't, which makes your opinion on this matter more irrelevant you would know the following things:

1. I acknowledged Cochin might know the locations, just not their intent and thus he could be killing perfectly harmless people all over antarctic as there are more than just simply 8 other bases that perform this role, there are likely thousands given that at points all of Antarctica has been populated.

2. A transport plane never flew all the way to the south pole. The actual trek there was only performed by the nuclear detonation team and was done over land by modernized snow sleds and at the time Cochin had no idea of what was going on down there to react and so could not stop the event. Thus since a plane never even went TO the south pole.. no refueling stop was required. The only transport plane was involved in the attempted nuking of Dragonisian city. At the time the plane in use was a long range heavy cargo under commercial contract and it could have easily made it from the co-ordinates given to Dragonisian city. This makes your point of anything having to do with refueling having to be critical to the role play moot as well.

[quote]
Oh wait.. you supported Cochin, bang on ol' son, bang on.
[/quote]

If that nose got any browner.... I swear. Now that you have finished in your support of Cochin.. let this die.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1287032432' post='2484226']
Autowin explains it all and unless you want to carefully describe your own landing and fighting that's about all I have to explain.
[/quote]

Well actually I did
I specified paratroopers and SAS were landed first, long before the fleet.
and then I specified Marines from the two assault ships and landing ships.

Not LEGION's transports.

Thanks for playing.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1287039222' post='2484321']
Well actually I did
I specified paratroopers and SAS were landed first, long before the fleet.
and then I specified Marines from the two assault ships and landing ships.

Not LEGION's transports.

Thanks for playing.
[/quote]

No what you did was post one single post describing the drop and followed it with one post autowinning a war. In the interest of fairness I'll mimic your techniques and modify my post accordingly. Ball is back in your court.

However, point is entirely moot as you've already accepted the rp.. this makes it the 2nd time that the ball is back in your court.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1288121137' post='2493671']
Yes, since they are combat aircraft. Cargo craft do not.
[/quote]

And I will assume they count as bombers then? I was just wondering since they occupy a strange niche.

[quote name='Shatner' timestamp='1288121233' post='2493672']
And I will assume they count as bombers then? I was just wondering since they occupy a strange niche.
[/quote]

I don't count them as bombers. I just have a total number of aircraft I can have IG, so I can have that many squadrons. Within that number of squadrons I have a few squadrons of AC-130s.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=93826&view=findpost&p=2493932

I'd like clarification whether or not this is metagaming. While perhaps Sargun's satellites can pick up the movement of five hundred men to Fizzy's Research Station. I don't know how he could know that the research station is resisting in any shape or form, when then only letter that showed this kind of behavior from the ARZ was sent directly to my Marshal.

Sarah, theres no point, his satellites conveniently picked up my armada [i]not[/i] being blown up from JED.
However, I dont think sargun realises this is where common sense dictates that the Empire has no idea whats going on because everything happening is a conversation inside the station, not being broadcast to eachothers leaders.

As its a a conversation, inside a building, not being transmitted to anywhere as its face to face, I dont think Sargun could know about them protesting at all

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1288181005' post='2494200']
On his behalf.. he hasn't said what the contents of the letter are and how the pertain to the situation.
[/quote]

My problem is with the narrative of the statement, precisely "after an ARZ protest against the movement". I feel that since no protest has been globally issued, that narrative cannot be included.

Seeing as a public discussion took place about her moving troops into his territory, I don't see a problem.

EDIT: By "protest" I didn't mean riots in the streets. I quite:

[quote]
Reply to Tasar Vrinn:

We [i]prefer[/i] to stay seperate from any country. Do not move men or women into our Research Zone. Aid is all we request; any movement of scientist, troops or similar people will not be allowed.

~ARZ[/quote]

And then of course it happens anyway. Note that none of this was private.

Edited by Sargun