The Third Court

Sargun II

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1288610536' post='2498912']
I do not understand what you mean by this. It clearly states in the Map thread that OOC gifting of land, which is what ishabad did to Fizzydog is strictly prohibited.

As for limits of IG CMs for IC, that was never fully stated.... so far IG CMs stand for non-nuclear tactical aids like Thermobaric bombs like Daisy Cutters and FOABs, or Chemical weapons, or Biological weapons... but if people want to discuss this, by all means.
[/quote]

You forgot one: non-nuclear EMPs.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288572488' post='2498495']
ishabad's nation is hereby wiped. Any actions resulting from this giveaway of land are hereby retconned. This includes the Declaration of Existence of whatever the hell Biohazard's new nation is. He can still make a nation in the same land, just not the same nation.

FURTHERMORE

If anyone tries this !@#$ again your nations are going to die faster than British nationals in an American rescue operation. Period.
[/quote]
[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1288572560' post='2498498']
I am the Executive Minister, and I approve this message.
[/quote]
I am Subtleknifewielder and I endorse this message.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1288633349' post='2499118']
You forgot one: non-nuclear EMPs.
[/quote]
These have a limited scope, of course.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1288610536' post='2498912']
As for limits of IG CMs for IC, that was never fully stated.... so far IG CMs stand for non-nuclear tactical aids like Thermobaric bombs like Daisy Cutters and FOABs, or Chemical weapons, or Biological weapons... but if people want to discuss this, by all means.
[/quote]

The last time the discussion fizzled out. Anyway, the reason I brought this up is that I can basically make a 20 ton chemical bomb, capable of killing off at least 1/4 of Korea.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1288666960' post='2499546']
The last time the discussion fizzled out. Anyway, the reason I brought this up is that I can basically make a 20 ton chemical bomb, capable of killing off at least 1/4 of Korea.
[/quote]

Pre-emptively banned. Try again.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1288667513' post='2499563']
No, I think each and every CNRP nation should have the ability to field 20 of these.
[/quote]

Too late, it's been [b]pre-emptively[/b] banned, meaning there are no appeals. Even thinking about it is grounds for a wipe. :v:

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288667442' post='2499561']
Pre-emptively banned. Try again.
[/quote]
If you haven't noticed, I was bringing up a point. Without any concrete limits, I could be building massive loads. Therefore, I'm asking the GMs to set a guideline.

Zoot: A single 20 ton bomb filled with VX dropped on Seoul would spread to Gyeonggi and Incheon, where about 1/4 of Koreans live.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1288667992' post='2499570']
If you haven't noticed, I was bringing up a point. Without any concrete limits, I could be building massive loads. Therefore, I'm asking the GMs to set a guideline.

Zoot: A single 20 ton bomb filled with VX dropped on Seoul would spread to Gyeonggi and Incheon, where about 1/4 of Koreans live.
[/quote]

Holy crap, my sarcasm was subverted by your sarcasm! Good show.

Well when I launched my VX attack against Pravus as the IoC, Fourteen of the VX filled ICBM's covered 11 square miles of land.
However, VX is area denial isnt isnt very... good for a word, its dependant to much on the wind due to its gas form, your target could very well just RP the wind blowing it into an uninhabited area, or back towards your own borders.

Try smallpox instead.
Because its been eradicated et cetera, modern humanity doesnt have an immunity to it and so we would be back at square one like we were during the first smallpox pandemics.

The Seoul Metropolitian area is about 11,000 km², which 20 tons can cover.

I disagree with smallpox, since I would have had given out teh vaccines already. Probably everyone here would have given it out if they're smart.

The vaccine is just as unstable unfortunatly as far as im aware. Also, until its RP'd...its not happened ;)
Anyway I was referring to RL, because its been eradicated with only US and Russian labs having stockpiles, Vaccination of Smallpox doesnt exist anymore so theres little to no immunity.

Anyway, back on topic.
A VX landmine will cover 300 square meters of land, I probably under estimated the land coverage of a single VX ICBM, I put it down to around 1100 meters, its probably more though.

http://www.nps.edu/Academics/centers/ccc/publications/OnlineJournal/2004/nov/pravecekNOV04.html
Section: "Main Assumptions of the C-CW CONOPS"

I think it'd work, but then so would rods-from-god which is why they're banned.

Spy roll request for the hacking of a webpage:
[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f368/pascal19/SpyRollofLOLZ.png[/IMG]

RP LINK: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94159&view=findpost&p=2501033

[quote name=%26%2339%3BExecutive Minister' timestamp='1288610536' post='2498912']
I do not understand what you mean by this. It clearly states in the Map thread that OOC gifting of land, which is what ishabad did to Fizzydog is strictly prohibited.[/quote]

Everything by extension is OOC. You need to define that more clearly, mate.

Take Burgundy and Belarus, for example. I worked for Greater Germany because I believe in it. Anyone can argue that it was OOC land gifting, since I considered it my mission. But then wehave different backgrounds for the two nations.

In the case of Burgundy, I gave away land that had been German in this RP for almost the entire time except for when Welish Empire, Normandy, and the Sixth French Republic had it. Because of the close and extensive RP, I could easily argue that it was a legitimate land transfer. However, in the case of Belarus, I had to BS to get Germans into the country to get what I need. This is verging on OOC, since I did twist RP to do this.

A clear definition of OOC gifting needs to be given. My stance is that unless there had been extensive relations between any two countries (having bilateral MDPs, cooperation, and other such things) [i]in the past[/i] or there had been a justifiable history (like Germany having Alsace for most of CNRP), no one should be allowed to BS sudden RPs or rely on obscure, multilateral treaties that no one remembers (like AUP or Bangkok Treaty) to transfer land.

The recent giveaway of Lousiana is a good example of the first example, since Yawoo had had extensive relations to HAE, JA, and other such countries. France is also a good example, since it is a member of the Med Congress. Good examples of the second situation would be the recently banned transfer, those stupid transfers in Asia during the summer, and Japan's giveaway of Micronesia and Taiwan.

GMs, you have done well with the ruling. I hope bias is not permitted when another such transfer based on flimsy RPs is done by people who are friends of the GMs.

Edited by Karl Martin

[quote name='Karl Martin' timestamp='1288853360' post='2501699']

A clear definition of OOC gifting needs to be given. My stance is that unless there had been extensive relations between any two countries (having bilateral MDPs, cooperation, and other such things) [i]in the past[/i] or there had been a justifiable history (like Germany having Alsace for most of CNRP), [b]no one should be allowed to BS sudden RPs [/b]or rely on obscure, multilateral treaties that no one remembers (like AUP or Bangkok Treaty) to transfer land.
[/quote]

Indeed, which is why this case was so quickly acted on. ishabad essentially came on IRC and said 'hey guys, anyone want my land?' The transfer between ishabad and Fizzy had absolutely no RP behind it. As for obscure multi-lateral treaties... well lets just say that any transfer that is found questionable by one of the GMs or is brought to our attention by another RPer WILL be looked into on a case-by-case basis... Like, I'm almost glad that ishabad did this stupid transfer the way he did... I mean, it was so blatant, how could anyone accuse us of GM-

[quote]
GMs, you have done well with the ruling. I hope bias is not permitted when another such transfer based on flimsy RPs is done by people who are friends of the GMs.
[/quote]

-bias... oh brother...

Edited by Executive Minister

I'd just like to clarify the exact nature of the United States right now, my questions being:

1) I assume the stats are based solely off of KC now, correct?

2) Without an auto-advance, which I am in no way asking for, how long do I have to wait to make a second move in my invasion of Alaska?

3) With KC indefinitely gone, but without a lock, what course would be most appropriate way to conduct this invasion?

4) That said, I'm not entirely sure whether the US even exists as an RP entity anymore, can anyone clarify?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT- Also, this situation directly correlates to an obscure ruling that kind of didn't get made. Since Acca left the US, should KC be retaining control of Alaska and the Yukon at all? I'm referencing a question I can't find to link, but I believe the question was what happens to a merged nation after one of the tenets leaves.

Edited by Shatner

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1288909229' post='2502216']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94273

I'm not sure what the deal is here, but this doesn't look remotely possibly canon.
[/quote]

The deal is called humor.