State of the Alliance

Tygaland

[center][img]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9193/untitled4bl1.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][b]State of the Alliance[/b][/center]

This week has seen the Siberian Tiger Alliance grow to 132 members with our total nation strength approaching 4.2 million and our average nation strength dipping slightly to just over 31,500.

In domestic news we welcomed two new members to the alliance, each coming via a different path. Mmaddinaz graduated from the STA Academy during the week and we look forward to seeing his nation continue to grow under our protection and guidance.

The second member has been adopted by our Minister for Foreign Affairs, Pezstar, on behalf of the Siberian Tiger Alliance. Roque (see picture below) has been welcomed to the alliance and we look forward to bi-annual reports on his progress. Thanks to Pez for doing this as it is pleasing to see our members looking out for tigers wherever they are in the world.

[center][center][img]http://www.bornfree.org.uk/typo3temp/pics/989f44700b.jpg[/img][/center][/center]

In disappointing news, a member was expelled from the alliance this week. The Jackal decided to go rogue rather than make good on a bad tech raid and as a result was removed from the alliance. It was especially disappointing as The Jackal had been a member of the alliance for some time.

The Siberian Trophy moved into its final week with one game left to play this Tuesday. In the top division Batch has secured yet another title holding a five point lead over second-placed FC Tigris Altaica who lost at home to relegation battlers FC Pinky on Saturday. Tigris has a three point break over Bamburgh FC and sufficient goal difference advantage to be all but assured of a second-placed finish. At the bottom of the table all four relegation candidates play top four teams meaning the relegation places will go down to the wire. Rakari United is currently a point clear last but with even fifth placed Proxian FC not safe this is the closest finish for some seasons.

In the Cup Division Bayern Boryana secured the title and promotion despite being held to a 1-1 draw at home to bottom side, Eagles this week. They hold a four point break over second placed Goonited who are far from safe with both Ravens FC and FC Polar Samurai a chance to claim the second promotion place if Goonited slip up at home to Wolverines on Tuesday. At the foot of the table, Eagles are assured of relegation based on goal difference while Muzza Bizza United and Kelton will fight to avoid the second relegation place. Kelton play Eagles so they are in the box seat to stay up with Muzza Bizza playing title winners, Bayern Boryana meaning their hopes of escaping the drop are slim.

Finally, in the Plate Division, FC Viridia clinched the title with an away win over title rivals Aarland United on Saturday. The final round of the season will determine the second promotion place with Aarland United needing a win over bottom of the table Bagpuss United to secure promotion while FC Lviv take on Umbrellailures looking for a win and hoping Aarland slip up in order to sneak into the second promotion place. At the other end of the table the managerless Bagpuss United are now eight points clear last with Anchorage Bears looking for a last round win to move ahead of Umbrellailures.

After last week's drama the Foreign Affairs department had a relatively quiet week. The Ragnarok – NSO peace discussions saw a flurry of activity but this was mostly from people trying to generate something out of nothing.

In military news we continue to fight rogues on a weekly basis. A few old friends re-emerged from peace mode to attack our members once again but, as is normal for the Siberian Tiger Alliance, our members answered the call and took the rogues down with a minimum of fuss.

This week saw Jonathan Brookbank awarded the STA Award for Valour for stepping up and assisting with the defence of a member from rogue attacks. Reiffenstein and Gamorr were also acknowledged for once again stepping up to assist in rogue stompings, having previously been presented with the award.

Overall, this week was a little less dramatic than the last but we continued to grow and see new members emerge from our Academy. As always, we look forward to another week of growth for the alliance.

Za Sibir'!

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1283047031' post='2434397']The Ragnarok – NSO peace discussions saw a flurry of activity but this was mostly from people trying to generate something out of nothing.[/quote]

So in other words it was rather like the STA's reaction to the \m/ thing.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1283127262' post='2435163']
[/quote]

When I saw you had commented on our announcement I knew it would be some sort of veiled insult. I was right of course. Must you be so predictable?

Of all the allies I lost in my move STA is one of the alliances I miss most. Looking good, as usual, friends.

(I'm fairly certain I say something along the lines of "Looking good" or "Stay classy" any time I post in these State of the Alliance threads. Sorry for the unoriginality. :()

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1283047031' post='2434397']
[b]
Goonited who are far from safe[/b] with both Ravens FC and FC Polar Samurai a chance to claim the second promotion place [b]if Goonited slip up at home to Wolverines[/b] on Tuesday.
[/quote]

Bit of a contradiction isn't it? The fact I'm playing Wolverines means my 2nd place finish is all but certain.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

[/quote]

I'm really looking forward to hearing the B-side of this album, Mr.Valdez.

[quote name='Ragashingo']
When I saw you had commented on our announcement I knew it would be some sort of veiled insult. I was right of course. Must you be so predictable?
[/quote]

I wouldn't hold your breath. He'll keep stalking our announcements until he gets some other great calling. Be prepared for plenty more mindless blubbering from the walrus. Geddit..blubbering..walrus?

Edited by Tygaland

[/quote]

To be fair, the Siberian stance on the issue did have an effect, albeit indirectly, on the situation occuring within \m/. How much of an indirect effect is certainly open to debate but you do have to agree it did [i]something[/i].

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1283127463' post='2435169']
[/quote]

He reminds me of a junior high boy who is purposely mean to the girl he likes. It all does make sense, his insults are on the junior high level. We should just ignore him until he realizes his strategy isn't working and finally comes out and tells us he doesn't just like us, but he like likes us.