3rd Triannual Report of the 6th Year of Order

Sir Paul

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1282967949' post='2433500']
The growth of Pacifica cannot make me happy. They have yet to express true remorse for their crimes.
[/quote]

What crimes? If you're referring to anything pre Karma War then you'd best get over it. Those crimes have been paid for. We all banded together and dolled out their punishment for their crimes through war and the largest reps ever seen. And since then, as far as I've seen, the NPO has been far more quiet and subdued than an alliance of their size and strength ought to be. At some point we have to acknowledge that maybe just maybe they learned the lessons we sought to teach them.

[quote name='BLUELINE976' timestamp='1282971744' post='2433588']
nana nana boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

o/ Pacifica
[/quote]

Words.

Worthless, little words.

I challenge a champion in NPO to a 1:1 duel with me. My honor has been affronted with your petty insults and only a duel can satisfy the situation. Blood must be shed to mend this affair, or I'll have to assume that the color of the star in your flag has a deeper significance, now that NPO knows it has tasted a defeat.

Until I have my duel, I must assume that the yellow in the star signifies cowardice.

Huitzilopochtli awaits.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282971964' post='2433595']
What crimes? If you're referring to anything pre Karma War then you'd best get over it. Those crimes have been paid for. We all banded together and dolled out their punishment for their crimes through war and the largest reps ever seen. And since then, as far as I've seen, the NPO has been far more quiet and subdued than an alliance of their size and strength ought to be. At some point we have to acknowledge that maybe just maybe they learned the lessons we sought to teach them.
[/quote]

The best way to ascertain if they have learned their lessons is to give them an examination, wherein they are questioned.

Pacifica, do you express remorse?

I have now asked that question openly. I've asked it privately and not gotten an expression of remorse: only double-talk. If they can truly express real remorse in public, then we need not use the word "maybe" when we talk about whether or not they've learned lessons.

If they cannot, then we can also dispense with the "maybe."

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1282972399' post='2433604']
The best way to ascertain if they have learned their lessons is to give them an examination, wherein they are questioned.

I have now asked that question openly. I've asked it privately and not gotten an expression of remorse: only double-talk. If they can truly express real remorse in public, then we need not use the word "maybe" when we talk about whether or not they've learned lessons.

[/quote]

You just want them to humble themselves before you further when there's no need for it. Judge them by their actions, not wether they suck up to a grudge holder like you, as those were the things that we fought to change.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1282972399' post='2433604']

[/quote]
I disagree with the whole 'questioning' thing. People can answer how they like in words. It is actions that show it best.

Still, it's kind'a impressive how they've regrown.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282973157' post='2433615']
You just want them to humble themselves before you further when there's no need for it. Judge them by their actions, not wether they suck up to a grudge holder like you, as those were the things that we fought to change.
[/quote]

An expression of remorse is an action. I do not see it and have not seen it. I fought in the Karma War, as well, and I see it as an empty victory if its lesson is unlearned by a crafty pupil. If that is so, then we all fought, but there was no change.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282971964' post='2433595']
[/quote]

Ever thought it's because they have to be? In my country if someone goes on a mass murder spree and is then put in jail for life, We don't consider them less evil just because they haven't been able to commit anymore crimes.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1282974541' post='2433636']
An expression of remorse is an action. I do not see it and have not seen it. I fought in the Karma War, as well, and I see it as an empty victory if its lesson is unlearned by a crafty pupil. If that is so, then we all fought, but there was no change.
[/quote]

If you fought in the war to get an expression of remorse then you fought for the wrong reason. It's been more than a year since the war and unless I'm forgetting something the NPO have been good CN citizens since then. That's what I fought for, and had been fighting to obtain for a couple of years before that. I don't need or expect or even want the NPO to bow down before me. I'm just glad to have them join the rest of us in inter-alliance politics.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1282974856' post='2433641']
Ever thought it's because they have to be? In my country if someone goes on a mass murder spree and is then put in jail for life, We don't consider them less evil just because they haven't been able to commit anymore crimes.
[/quote]

In my country we don't make stupid flawed analogies.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1282972193' post='2433600']
Words.

Worthless, little words.

I challenge a champion in NPO to a 1:1 duel with me. My honor has been affronted with your petty insults and only a duel can satisfy the situation. Blood must be shed to mend this affair, or I'll have to assume that the color of the star in your flag has a deeper significance, now that NPO knows it has tasted a defeat.

Until I have my duel, I must assume that the yellow in the star signifies cowardice.

Huitzilopochtli awaits.
[/quote]

Want to dance?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1282974856' post='2433641']
[/quote]
:ph34r:

Did you ever consider that perhaps the world can move on if you all stopped holding on to the evil bogeyman of the NPO? We have apologized in public; there is no need to do it over and over for zzzptm's or anyone else's gratification. Your insistence that the NPO is just lying in wait to ambush you all and destroy you is killing digiterra just as surely as the deadlocked treaty web is.

But this is off topic. How did you find Sir Paul's effort? I thought it was jolly good and perfect reading with tea.

Edited by TrotskysRevenge

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282975709' post='2433654']
In my country we don't make stupid flawed analogies.
[/quote]

In my country we don't call things stupid just because we realize the other person is right and we were wrong. I'll leave it at that though since you obviously can't handle an actual debate and will just keep screaming "that's dumb!"

Anyway, good luck out there Pacifica.

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1282975992' post='2433657']
Want to dance?
[/quote]

Absolutely. One nation versus my nation. Ground attacks only, may the strongest warriors win. I'll be happy to receive your attack. My alliance knows this is a duel, provided the conflict remain within these parameters.

Hoka hey, there is a warrior in NPO!

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1282976178' post='2433661']
Absolutely. One nation versus my nation. Ground attacks only, may the strongest warriors win. I'll be happy to receive your attack. My alliance knows this is a duel, provided the conflict remain within these parameters.

Hoka hey, there is a warrior in NPO!
[/quote]

You're the chalengee, you make the attack.
:smug:

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1282976110' post='2433659']
:ph34r:

Did you ever consider that perhaps the game can move on if you all stopped holding on to the evil bogeyman of the NPO? We have apologized in public; there is no need to do it over and over for zzzptm's or anyone else's gratification. Your insistence that the NPO is just lying in wait to ambush you all and destroy you is killing the game just as surely as the deadlocked treaty web is.

But this is off topic. How did you find Sir Paul's effort? I thought it was jolly good and perfect reading with tea.
[/quote]

When did I say NPO was trying to ambush me? You either can't read or you're trying to equate me with a few other paranoid Super-Grievance leaders. Incase you don't remember I was the one ready to go to war for IAA, because I knew even if Super-Grievances split NPO would never be able to be back in power. You pissed off too many people in the game and will always be too much of a polarizing force.

All I said in my previous post was just because you haven't done anything evil recently didn't mean you had suddenly had a change of heart and were now all angelic beings just trying to make the world a better place for others. NPO is only looking out for NPO by being trying to be extra quiet. What it's not is some benevolent act of sparing the rest of the world your evil acts just so they can have a better life.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1282976174' post='2433660']
In my country we don't call things stupid just because we realize the other person is right and we were wrong. I'll leave it at that though since you obviously can't handle an actual debate and will just keep screaming "that's dumb!"

[/quote]

Oh please. Playing the "you realize I'm right" card? How is that debate? You threw in the towel in the first round, not me.

Anyway, the NPO has the firepower and will to do whatever it wants. Much smaller alliances have routinely made bigger monkeys of themselves in the past year than the NPO has. Now are they still fairly isolated treaty wise? Sure. Is the community more wary of them than in the past? Sure. But comparing them to murders behind bars is stupid. Not just because of the over the top hyperbole but because the NPO is truly far more free to choose their actions than the murders in your country are.

Edited by Ragashingo

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1282976850' post='2433667']
Oh please. Playing the "you realize I'm right" card? How is that debate? You threw in the towel in the first round, not me.

Anyway, the NPO has the firepower and will to do whatever it wants. Much smaller alliances have routinely made bigger monkeys of themselves in the past year than the NPO has. Now are they still fairly isolated treaty wise? Sure. Is the community more wary of them than in the past? Sure. But comparing them to murders behind bars is stupid. Not just because of the over the top hyperbole but because the NPO is truly far more free to choose their actions than the murders in your question are.
[/quote]

I don't see how. If a murder tries to escape from prison or take over the prison or any other thing you can think of to change his limited position he will be shot by the prison guards. If the NPO does anything to change their positions a very similar result would be expected. So how is that over the top?

As a member of GOONS, another alliance that people can't seem to get over... move on, guys. Let the NPO do something evil first, and then stomp them for it. The bickering is pointless.

That song is terrible though.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1282976174' post='2433660']

[/quote]Wow, did I just read what I think I read? Stop acting like a ten year old. "Hurr durr you're only arguing because you know I'm right!!!"

Unbelievable. Has GATO removed you from power yet? They'd be well to do so, you make the King of Sparta look like a reasonable, down to earth kind of guy.

(To address your initial, flawed analogy, this is more like if you let the murderer out on the streets and he didn't commit another crime. NPO is hardly a prisoner anymore.)

Edited by HeroofTime55