In Response to Recent Drama

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281341726' post='2407145']
If he has the authority to drag NSO to war, I'm sure he has the authority to contact allies.
[/quote]
I didnt realize we were the ones to declare war.

I had thought that was RoK&Co. But hey if heft was the one that declared war, then things are [i]much[/i] easier for us, don't you think?

You already know how obvious this is, you already know how bad this is making you look, and you already know how much you're lying to try and save face. It's not going to work, because we're really not going to let you play the victim here so shamelessly.

Edited by Chron

Congrats GATO. I for one can understand how NSO voided the treaty. (Seriously, i can. I'm not being sarcastic)

As for NSO not thinking war would be coming for aiding the rogue... lol. ROK made it pretty clear.

o/ GATO

Never thought i'd do that ^ lol

Edit: Spelling >.>

Edited by bartimaeus46

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281342135' post='2407154']
I didnt realize we were the ones to declare war.

I had thought that was RoK&Co. But hey if heft was the one that declared war, then things are [i]much[/i] easier, don't you think? :huh:

You already know how obvious this is, you already know how bad this is making you look, and you already know how much you're lying to try and save face. It's not going to work, because we're really not going to let you play the victim here so shamelessly.
[/quote]

actually, accepting rogues and then giving them aid is generally an act of war... :) just thought I would let you know

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281342575' post='2407158']
actually, accepting rogues and then giving them aid is generally an act of war... :) just thought I would let you know
[/quote]
Thats actually not what omni was saying.

But then again, Heft and RV were under the impression that there was still an opportunity for negotiation, probably due to being sleep deprived. Ultimately, no matter how you look at it, this isn't really something you can directly fault us for unless you're looking for an excuse to cancel anyway.

Kind of a poor show there on your parts.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281341333' post='2407137']
[color="#0000FF"]For the same reason I have the sneaking suspicion that this so-called "violation" of the treaty would have been ignored had GATO not been trying to score some more brownie points with SG.[/color]
[/quote]

It's earned no brownie points with me, or with anyone I've talked to.

GATO, this is wrong on so many levels, but I'm glad you're no longer tied to NSO.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281342702' post='2407162']
Thats actually not what omni was saying.

But then again, Heft and RV were under the impression that there was still an opportunity for negotiation, probably due to being sleep deprived. Ultimately, no matter how you look at it, this isn't really something you can directly fault us for unless you're looking for an excuse to cancel anyway.

Kind of a poor show there on your parts.
[/quote]

no, you said [quote]I didnt realize we were the ones to declare war.

I had thought that was RoK&Co. [/quote]

the way I see it you guys declared war on RoK for failing to use diplomacy

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281342866' post='2407166']
no, you said

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If there is anyone guilty of ignoring diplomacy it is RoK. We attempted to resolved. We recognized that a mistake was made. Regardless, RoK wanted no part in any discussions, and refused to come to the table despite offers of mediate from Pezstar. The NSO tried to handle this diplomatically. RoK did not.[/color]

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281342864' post='2407165']

GATO, this is wrong on so many levels, but I'm glad you're no longer tied to NSO.
[/quote]
Curious, did you even listen to our arguments before declaring our actions unjust?

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281342866' post='2407166']
[/quote]

I think you are confusing the concepts of "act of war" and "declaration of war".

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281343129' post='2407172']
I read this entire thread.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well, at least you're being honest that the only reason you approve of this is that it no longer ties us to GATO. I wonder how many others here would be singing a different tune if this were any other alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281342864' post='2407165']

[/quote]

That's fine I expected no brownie points. It was a difficult decision that I knew wouldn't please anyone. Sometimes you're giving situations no matter which way you turn the gun you'll end up shooting yourself.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281343373' post='2407177']
That's fine I expected no brownie points. It was a difficult decision that I knew wouldn't please anyone. Sometimes you're giving situations no matter which way you turn the gun you'll end up shooting yourself.
[/quote]
Well I mean you guys weren't exactly asked to go to war

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281343280' post='2407175']
[color="#0000FF"]Well, at least you're being honest that the only reason you approve of this is that it no longer ties us to GATO. I wonder how many others here would be singing a different tune if this were any other alliance.[/color]
[/quote]

I don't approve of this cancellation period.

[/quote]

I understand that you were torn over this.... everyone makes mistakes, and we still love you guys. But this just wasn't a good move, sorry. :(

[quote name='Dementual' timestamp='1281343520' post='2407180']
[/quote]
exactly, so we have nothing to lose from this treaty being voided, I personally am not a fan of NSO but could care less if GATO was allied to them but they went a against the treaty that their gov't signed... we signed knowing the implications of the treaty and were standing by to defend our ally but when that ally goes against the treaty then its not longer our concern

[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1281343333' post='2407176']
cowardice [ˈkaʊədɪs]

lack of courage in facing danger, pain, or difficulty
[/quote]

We could have stayed out of it like all the other nso allies, but clearly we felt something more fundamental was wrong this time. One sentence summary? Yeah, one sentence summary.

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281343859' post='2407184']
exactly, so we have nothing to lose from this treaty being voided, I personally am not a fan of NSO but could care less if GATO was allied to them but they went a against the treaty that their gov't signed... we signed knowing the implications of the treaty and were standing by to defend our ally but when that ally goes against the treaty then its not longer our concern
[/quote]
Do you always refuse to pay attention to what's going around you or is that just a selective thing?

[quote name='Dementual' timestamp='1281343520' post='2407180']
[/quote]

I'm not just going to sit back and hope no one notices us over in the corner. If I'm being used I'll make sure I'm out of the situation so it will never happen again.

[/quote]
You actually had the option to just stay out, and you know, accept the fact that sometimes stuff happens and you don't get information as soon as you'd like?

Only other complaint im seeing is that you finally had an excuse to break off ties with us, and were under pressure to finally act on it. Well, whatever.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281343972' post='2407190']
I'm not just going to sit back and hope no one notices us over in the corner. If I'm being used I'll make sure I'm out of the situation so it will never happen again.
[/quote]Im sorry, how were you being used by us?

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Dementual' timestamp='1281343966' post='2407189']
Do you always refuse to pay attention to what's going around you or is that just a selective thing?
[/quote]

I pay attention to everything going around me however I do tend to ignore the people who talk in this topic who have no right to since they clearly have no idea about whats going on

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281343976' post='2407191']
You actually had the option to just stay out, and you know, accept the fact that sometimes stuff happens and you don't get information as soon as you'd like?

Only other complaint im seeing is that you finally had an excuse to break off ties with us, and were under pressure to finally act on it. Well, whatever.

Im sorry, how were you being used by us?
[/quote]

It's fairly obvious if no one can take the time to let us know what's going on that we're only a treaty to look good or to run cover for you on the other side of the web.