In Response to Recent Drama

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281339112' post='2407057']
So are you claiming Heft did drop me a pm after speaking with Hoo?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It was four in the morning and sleep was the only thing he had on his mind. But of course you want to ignore the circumstances involved here. Acknowledging them only makes this seem as weak as it clearly is.[/color]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/quote]
NSO has said time and time again it was 4 in the morning and Heft was busy. !@#$ like this doesn't usually happen overnight and was probably shooting at starting a global war.

So did RoK tell you they were attacking? If they did, you guys didn't tell NSO right away. Which makes you guys wrong as well.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281339283' post='2407063']
[color="#0000FF"]It was four in the morning and sleep was the only thing he had on his mind. But of course you want to ignore the circumstances involved here. Acknowledging them only makes this seem as weak as it clearly is.[/color]
[/quote]

You needed sleep that bad? does it really take so long as to type "hey, there is this guy in our alliance and he might be a rogue, we think we might have handled it but just thought we would let you know." because that took me under a minute and its getting pretty late here

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281339089' post='2407056']
You are supposed to tell us if there is a sense of conflict, even if you thought it was handled which you were clearly wrong. When I went and checked the NSO embassy i should have saw something like "hey, there is this guy in our alliance and he might be a rogue, we think we might have handled it but just thought we would let you know." If i would have seen that or a gov't member would have seen that then we could have missed this whole debacle altogether.
[/quote]
Do you do that with us?

Because Im looking in our embassy right now, and im not seeing anything like that.

I mean, what you're suggesting seems relatively abnormal. Not to mention the fact that it's besides the point. We were wrong, at the time, we had no way of knowing we were wrong.

Therefore, what you're saying does not really make any sense. And in any case, "yeah something minor came up, but we handled it", is that really how you report to your allies? Because I know you didn't with us. And as far as the government member thing?

Only aware government members were asleep during the majority of the time period where you were being informed by those planning the rolling.

I mean, honestly speaking, that you guys knew we were gonna get rolled, and didn't even drop by [i]our[/i] embassy to mention it, or sent [i]us[/i] a message or anything along those lines...

Well, needless to say, I'd expect any ally worth having to at least be willing to give me a heads up about rumors of my alliance getting declared on. But you didn't do that, did you?

[/quote]
I am? Mind pointing out where I did? Clearly I missed that part of how I pointed out that you were A) Lying, and B) Heft didnt think it was important enough to bother you with since it was presumably taken care of.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281338228' post='2407024']
[color="#0000FF"]He was never confirmed a rogue. Furthermore, it was four in the morning. Have you ever been exhausted? I don't know about you but I certainly have, and I am by no means the best person in that state of mind. Things slip the mind, especially considering I could only focus on resolving that situation, which I thought I did. So I went to sleep. When I got back, I promptly informed GATO.

Anyway, you can tote Omni's lie if you'd like, but as for me, I'm calling a spade when I see one.[/color]
[/quote]

Haven't perused the GATO/NSO treaty. Don't expect I'd find an "'Oops, I forgot' means no worries" clause. GATO are still cowards to cancel on a technicality. Hopefully NSO's other allies have the brass ones needed to give us a real war.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281339405' post='2407067']
Do you do that with us?

Because Im looking in our embassy right now, and im not seeing anything like that.

I mean, what you're suggesting seems relatively abnormal. Not to mention the fact that it's besides the point. We were wrong, at the time, we had no way of knowing we were wrong.

Therefore, what you're saying does not really make any sense. And in any case, "yeah something minor came up, but we handled it", is that really how you report to your allies? Because I know you didn't with us. And as far as the government member thing?

Only aware government members were asleep during the majority of the time period where you were being informed by those planning the rolling.

I mean, honestly speaking, that you guys knew we were gonna get rolled, and didn't even drop by [i]our[/i] embassy to mention it, or sent [i]us[/i] a message or anything along those lines...

Well, needless to say, I'd expect any ally worth having to at least be willing to give me a heads up about rumors of my alliance getting declared on. But you didn't do that, did you?
[/quote]

how is that abnormal? its called being a good ally. The reason you have not heard anything from GATO is because we don't allow rogues into our alliance and then give them aid... i guess we are just old fashioned that way

Edited by Masterchief777

Do you do that with us?

[/quote]

Yes we do that with you guys. Do you remember the Legion situation? Do you remember the TIO thing? Do you remember the GOD-IAA incident? Of course those don't matter now, because we're no longer in your good graces so you'll pretend like they never happened.

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281339514' post='2407071']
how is that abnormal? its called being a good allie. The reason you have not heard anything from GATO is because we don't allow rogues into our alliance and then give them aid... i guess we are just old fashioned that way
[/quote]
Ah, but if GATO had been hearing rumors and reports for a prolonged period of time of their allies, the NSO, about to get rolled, then why didn't they tell us this? Or at least ask?

The first communication between our two alliances on the subject was Rebel Virginia going to tell Omni about it. From what I can tell, you can say that not giving an ally a heads up about a seemingly minor diplomatic scuffle is one thing.

But deliberately holding back on intel that an MDP partner is about to get declared on is borderline betrayal.

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281339514' post='2407071']
how is that abnormal? its called being a good ally. The reason you have not heard anything from GATO is because we don't allow rogues into our alliance and then give them aid... i guess we are just old fashioned that way
[/quote]
If you where old fashioned you wouldn't cancel treaties after the war has been declared.

Do you do that with us?

I am? Mind pointing out where I did? Clearly I missed that part of how I pointed out that you were A) Lying, and B) Heft didnt think it was important enough to bother you with since it was presumably taken care of.
[/quote]

wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... your telling me that we should have told you about internal stuff that in no way shape or form affected relations with our allies, came no where close to getting us in trouble with anyone, and yet we should have told you, even though it was entirley internal business. what are you smoking, and where can i get some.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1281332139' post='2406661']
Uhhhhhhhh, I mean I guess I've seen worse cancellations.
[/quote]

Haha couldnt have said it better

Its a shame GATO didnt give NSO more time, but that is an incredibly convenient treaty clause, I will have to remember the wording.

[quote name='rodrod' timestamp='1281339700' post='2407079']
If you where old fashioned you wouldn't cancel treaties after the war has been declared.
[/quote]

we did not cancel it, indeed we voided it but NSO canceled it with their failure to communicate. simple as that

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1281337430' post='2406993']
In my mind, I've got a feeling that it went down something like this.

Would explain why GATO knew about it so early.
[/quote]
*~cOnSpIrAcY*~

Probably poor timing by GATO, and an odd reasoning for the OP, but considering the NSO specifically asked its allies not to defend it, it's not much of an issue.

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281339824' post='2407088']
we did not cancel it, indeed we voided it but NSO canceled it with their failure to communicate. simple as that
[/quote]

Man, gotta love the spin machine of GATO. Can't wait to see the rewriting history machine.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281339669' post='2407077']
Yes we do that with you guys. Do you remember the Legion situation? Do you remember the TIO thing? Do you remember the GOD-IAA incident? Of course those don't matter now, because we're no longer in your good graces so you'll pretend like they never happened.
[/quote]
And we pledged to back you up to the hilt with those, didn't we? Sorry people need sleep.

And quit with the victim act, we went to you [i]as soon as we saw what was going to happen.[/i] Good graces indeed. It's nice to see that GATO are fair weather friends before it actually mattered.

So, hey, Omni, if you heard from multiple sources we were about to get rolled, why didn't you assume we may not have realized what was going on and try to give us a heads up? Its pretty obvious from the logs that Heft wasn't taking Hoo seriously. His mistake to be sure, but thats pretty clearly what was going on.

Thats clearly dealing in bad faith right there.

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281339824' post='2407088']
[/quote]
That's such a !@#$%^&* reason. Stop using it. Just spit out the truth that you didn't want to go out in a flaming ball with NSO. At least have the balls to admit it.

[quote name='agafaba' timestamp='1281339759' post='2407086']
Its a shame GATO didnt give NSO more time, but that is an incredibly convenient treaty clause, I will have to remember the wording.
[/quote]
Um, it's a standard MDP (or even PIAT) term.

[quote name='Nomnom Cookie' timestamp='1281339496' post='2407070']
Haven't perused the GATO/NSO treaty. Don't expect I'd find an "'Oops, I forgot' means no worries" clause. GATO are still cowards to cancel on a technicality. Hopefully NSO's other allies have the brass ones needed to give us a real war.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]There is no part in the treaty that says "we need to find out from you before our other allies (who coincidentally are going to attack you)" either. GATO wanted an excuse to cancel the treaty and they got one. The rest of this is just them covering it in lies and rubbish in order to save face.[/color]

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281339382' post='2407066']
You needed sleep that bad? does it really take so long as to type "hey, there is this guy in our alliance and he might be a rogue, we think we might have handled it but just thought we would let you know." because that took me under a minute and its getting pretty late here
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It didn't cross my mind or his. Had it been a time when all the pistons in our brains were firing then yes, chances are we would remember. But quite frankly in the state we were in (I get up early in the day, and it was four the next morning) I am surprised I managed to have a coherent conversation with Hoo at all.[/color]

GATO, quit dodging THAT question:

Why didn't you guys inform NSO that you had heard they we're going to be rolled? The way you've been avoiding the question leads me to believe you have no answer, which is quite pathetic because that would seem like NSO had more a right to cancel the treaty with you.

[quote name='hankidan' timestamp='1281339758' post='2407085']
wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... your telling me that we should have told you about internal stuff that in no way shape or form affected relations with our allies, came no where close to getting us in trouble with anyone, and yet we should have told you, even though it was entirley internal business. what are you smoking, and where can i get some.
[/quote]
Out of curiosity, did you read what I said, because...

You know. War and interalliance politics are actually considered foreign affairs. And considering you're the guys complaining about our applicant process...well...

Your argument kind of rings hollow there.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281340022' post='2407098']
[color="#0000FF"]There is no part in the treaty that says "we need to find out from you before our other allies (who coincidentally are going to attack you)" either. GATO wanted an excuse to cancel the treaty and they got one. The rest of this is just them covering it in lies and rubbish in order to save face.[/color]
[/quote]
They won't save much.

[quote name='rodrod' timestamp='1281339972' post='2407096']
That's such a !@#$%^&* reason. Stop using it. Just spit out the truth that you didn't want to go out in a flaming ball with NSO. At least have the balls to admit it.
[/quote]

GATO was not even gonna be going into a flamming ball with NSO, they requested that no allies intervene so GATO is doing this not to save our skins our anything like that; as I said i have no problem sacrificing pixels for GATO and her allies but when an "ally" breaks a treaty then that is an entirely different story

Edited by Masterchief777