All Good Things...

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281136555' post='2403175']
Since these 2 members are part of the government of your alliance their opinions represent VE's opinion, daddy.
[/quote]

And the government members that wished them well? The most you could say is that VE's opinion is split. Also Synergy wanted the VE thing dropped, I don't really mind though because I love talking about VE.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so saddened to see the only alliance which I could call home resolve to disbanding. To all those past and present who made it work, there is truly so many of you... I really really have the most love for you and while I wasnt the best I knew you had my back and vice versa. Cheers to some of the best mates I will ever have the pleasure of meeting. I can't put into words the sentiments I have for this alliance. We had a great run and were even almost sanctioned. I got my GUN in my shoe, and I dont bust back because I shoot first... o/ GUN til the end of Xeibio

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1281065764' post='2402348']
This is excellent news, what a nice way to end the day.
[/quote]
Pull your friggen skirt right up and dont be surprised by the sand falling on and around your feet.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1281067931' post='2402399']
Sad to see GUN disband. You guys put up a strong fight during the past war and you earned our respect. Best of luck to Zen, CC, Tupac, and the rest.

Best of luck.

o/ GUN.
[/quote]
KingEd, hope to either cross paths with you again, be it on the battlefield or a more friendly exchange. TPE was good folk for sure, thanks guys.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1281068243' post='2402403']
It is always difficult for me to find the correct words in situations like this. Losing one's alliance is seldom a good thing. The sense of loss can approach the mourning phase of a loved one. Being separated from friends, companions and acquaintances only compounds the loss. I extend my sincere condolences to the member nations of GUN. I wish you well and hope you find homes, new friends and a renewed sense of purpose.
[/quote]

Thank you for the very kind words. Truly explains a lot of emotions. Cheers and salute.

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1281096268' post='2402625']
I'm very sad to see you guys go. Out of NATO's allies, you were some of my favorite. :awesome:

Catch you on the flip side, friends. And for those of you headed to TFD, welcome to our humble abode. :)
[/quote]
You guys were my favorite allies by far. Cheers and salute im disappointed I didn't get to serve by your side. Don't be surprised if I join your ranks.

D34th, kochers; thank you.

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1281118398' post='2402872']
I havent heard from you guys since the time polar attacked you :P
[/quote]

OcUK actually. Yea that was a curbstomp I will never ever, ever forget, the most merciless and cruel attackers ive ever encountered. I hope you remember me because I remember you. Forgive but never forget. It also led us to one of our roughest times in GUN history from which we came back stronger.

Cheers to all the mates o/ GUN forever.

Last keg of GUN beer that I got is coming out of storage...

to the nights we will never remember, with the friends we will never forget.

[quote name='Tupac' timestamp='1281163878' post='2403556']
I am so saddened to see the only alliance which I could call home resolve to disbanding. To all those past and present who made it work, there is truly so many of you... I really really have the most love for you and while I wasnt the best I knew you had my back and vice versa. Cheers to some of the best mates I will ever have the pleasure of meeting. I can't put into words the sentiments I have for this alliance. We had a great run and were even almost sanctioned. I got my GUN in my shoe, and I dont bust back because I shoot first... o/ GUN til the end of Xeibio

Pull your friggen skirt right up and dont be surprised by the sand falling on and around your feet.

KingEd, hope to either cross paths with you again, be it on the battlefield or a more friendly exchange. TPE was good folk for sure, thanks guys.

Thank you for the very kind words. Truly explains a lot of emotions. Cheers and salute.

You guys were my favorite allies by far. Cheers and salute im disappointed I didn't get to serve by your side. Don't be surprised if I join your ranks.

D34th, kochers; thank you.

OcUK actually. Yea that was a curbstomp I will never ever, ever forget, the most merciless and cruel attackers ive ever encountered. I hope you remember me because I remember you. Forgive but never forget. It also led us to one of our roughest times in GUN history from which we came back stronger.

Cheers to all the mates o/ GUN forever.

Last keg of GUN beer that I got is coming out of storage...

to the nights we will never remember, with the friends we will never forget.
[/quote]

o7 to that, dude.

I was a diplomat to (green) GUN for Polar during the BLEU conflict and for quite some time before that as well. I remember my time working with them as one of my more pleasant experiences on Bob, and even during the conflict I remember them as being professional and downright pleasant. I even remember someone posting birthday wishes for me on one of the spam boards.
I will always remember GUN as a respectable and organized alliance, full of good people. Its sad to see you go, and I wish you all the best wherever you end up.

Edited by Overlord Klein

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1281067445' post='2402389']
[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1281066625' post='2402373']
Oh no, we understand respect just fine.

You just aren't worthy of any.
[/quote]

Quality leadership over in VE these days eh? Great PR too I imagine. Sad day when a Secretaries of State are so utterly rude as to trash talk alliances for no reason.

Sad to see ya disband GUN you were loyal friends and we hope to see many of your faces around.
[/quote]

What is the story behind this animosity? Because I am a little perplexed by the question of what provoked this response.

Edited by iamthey

There was an episode between GUN and VE/OV/SethB when Zenergy left OV. OV/VE/SethB had issues with Zen and Zen had issues with VE/OV. Zen returned to GUN and GUN accepts his side of the story. Rift was never really settled. For more details, you'll have to search the OWF for the original thread covering the issue.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281106880' post='2402722']
For an alliance who already disbanded once, VE behavior in this thread is ridiculous.
[/quote]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281136555' post='2403175']
Since these 2 members are part of the government of your alliance their opinions represent VE's opinion, daddy.
[/quote]

D34th,

My friend, it appears that you have failed to notice the broad diversity of sentiment expressed by the member-nations of the Viridian Entente. The VE is not mono-chromatic in its outlook. Rather the Entente's opionion is colored by a multitude of hues covering the entire spectrum.

It appears to me that you have painted Viridia with a very broad brush soaked with color taken from a single shade. I have come to expect that from others who cannot string two words together without quoting from a old, tired cliche. But from a fellow artist and an artist for whom I have a great deal of respect, I thought I could expect better. I can only assume that you have had a day. May I suggest that you re-read the thread and get the complete picture?

Antonio

Edited by Antonio Salovega VI

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1281264025' post='2404445']
What is the story behind this animosity? Because I am a little perplexed by the question of what provoked this response.
[/quote]

[quote name='OrangeBlood' timestamp='1281289503' post='2404638']
There was an episode between GUN and VE/OV/SethB when Zenergy left OV. OV/VE/SethB had issues with Zen and Zen had issues with VE/OV. Zen returned to GUN and GUN accepts his side of the story. Rift was never really settled. For more details, you'll have to search the OWF for the original thread covering the issue.
[/quote]

Seeing how as we really can't go there without a massive derail the truly curious should probably just query me.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1281289903' post='2404649']
D34th,

My friend, it appears that you have failed to notice the broad diversity of sentiment expressed by the member-nations of the Viridian Entente. The VE is not mono-chromatic in its outlook. Rather the Entente's opionion is colored by a multitude of hues covering the entire spectrum.

It appears to me that you have painted Viridia with a very broad brush soaked with color taken from a single shade. I have come to expect that from others who cannot string two words together without quoting from a old, tired cliche. But from a fellow artist and an artist for whom I have a great deal of respect, I thought I could expect better. I can only assume that you have had a day. May I suggest that you re-read the thread and get the complete picture?

Antonio
[/quote]

Sorry my old friend, I also have a great respect for you but no matter how you spin it the fact is that your Secretary of State who represents Foreign Affairs of your alliance and the Secretary of Defense behavior in this thread was ridiculous and like you or not their represent VE's opinions more than the other VE's normal members wishing well. As others before you suggested, I read the entire thread and the fact is: I and many others around here would expect that the government members of an alliance that already disbanded once would behavior better in other alliance disbandment thread. And no, I'm not saying that because I dislike VE I'm justing pointing the facts and if you don't like how VE looks in my comments you should ask your Secretary of State and your Secretary of Defense to behave better, not me.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281293554' post='2404700']
Sorry my old friend, I also have a great respect for you but no matter how you spin it the fact is that your Secretary of State who represents Foreign Affairs of your alliance and the Secretary of Defense behavior in this thread was ridiculous and like you or not their represent VE's opinions more than the other VE's normal members wishing well. As others before you suggested, I read the entire thread and the fact is: I and many others around here would expect that the government members of an alliance that already disbanded once would behavior better in other alliance disbandment thread. And no, I'm not saying that because I dislike VE I'm justing pointing the facts and if you don't like how VE looks in my comments you should ask your Secretary of State and your Secretary of Defense to behave better, not me.
[/quote]

Well, if you choose to ignore the comments of the Lord of the Entente and two ministerial members of the Viridian government in order to fill your paint brush with only one tint, so be it. Maybe on another day you shall be more discerning. I still choose to think the better of you, simply because you are my friend. This must be a bad day for you. Take care.

[quote name='Zhaan' timestamp='1281121225' post='2402920']
Mglockwo and I came together in May 3 years ago to form GUN. Many of the members from the first few months remained until the bitter end. Can't say I was one of them. She's had her share of hard times and it's time to lay her to rest. I can honestly say that although I've never encountered a more stubborn group of individuals, I've also met some of the most dedicated and loyal ones I've found in CN. Good luck to everyone in your new homes or wherever your path takes you.

o/ GUN
[/quote]

It was a while ago that you and I got this alliance up off the ground. It pains me to see it come to an end. To all the GUNners out there, best of luck to you. Hope I run into you here and there. Rest in peace GUN.

[quote name='kotic' timestamp='1281323784' post='2406236']
Wow another titian falls. Alot of the old alliances are disbanding. Kinda makes you wonder what the up and coming alliances going to be that take the throne.
[/quote]

I'm guessing the decline in nation count in CN is leading to these alliances falling. I can't remember the last time I saw the nation count down around 22k nations. Maybe it's just because of summer, maybe the game is losing popularity, maybe admin and the mods have developed a better guard against multies. Who knows. But if the numbers continue to fall, there may not be an up and coming alliance.

• 2 weeks later...

From being around when GUN was founded and leading her as a minister and a member of the security council for a very long time, I am extremely saddened to see them go. I'd like to list at least a few people I remember from the original group and those who have influenced GUN. Please add those if you remember more.

Mglockwo
Zhann(reagan)
Semperfidelist
slfr14
Fred 5
Oldboy
Darth Vader
Tupac
Fallin
titodafarmer
Orangeblood
Plastarche
Some Chithead
Zenergy
Fox Reinhold
Chocolate Cookies
Ching
Ilya Murometz

and more.

(/ooc I don't care if this is a gravedig. We poured our hearts, souls, and minds into GUN. She'll never die in our hearts.)

Edited by titodafarmer