History of CNRP

Ryan Milley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='22 July 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1279839079' post='2384958']
Ah, that's understandable, I suppose. How long did Imperial Wellington survive before being attacked?
[/quote]
At least a couple years. He was one of the older RP'ers.

Ah, the scramble threads...

Imperial Wellington was also far away from everyone and, since he had such high IG strength, the roleplayer used his scientific/military knowledge to make a very advanced army for himself. Its distance from Europe and North America is probably one of the leading reasons for not being completely destroyed, but that didn't stop the player from affecting and entering wars and affairs back in the western hemisphere.

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1279974904' post='2387374']
He was also relatively strong iirc
[/quote]
[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1280010059' post='2387742']
Obviously. He wouldn't have been scary otherwise. :awesome:
[/quote]

Yea, I agree. He was at around 85k NS by that time, if I remember correctly. Hm...perhaps we need another high-level RPer to create a scary nation? :awesome:

[quote name='JerreyRough' timestamp='1280035927' post='2388107']
Ah, the scramble threads...

Imperial Wellington was also far away from everyone and, since he had such high IG strength, the roleplayer used his scientific/military knowledge to make a very advanced army for himself. Its distance from Europe and North America is probably one of the leading reasons for not being completely destroyed, but that didn't stop the player from affecting and entering wars and affairs back in the western hemisphere.
[/quote]

True, that is. Now all we need is someone to recreate Imperial Wellington or establish an IW-esque nation. It'd be interesting :lol1:

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1280037058' post='2388120']
True, that is. Now all we need is someone to recreate Imperial Wellington or establish an IW-esque nation. It'd be interesting :lol1:
[/quote]
Get Lavo and Lynneth to quit their current countries, form a merged country that sits on IW's former land, and act like IW ICly.

They would be almost every RPers' nightmare, a country consisting of two massive IG stats. :awesome:

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1280065485' post='2388273']
Get Lavo and Lynneth to quit their current countries, form a merged country that sits on IW's former land, and act like IW ICly.

They would be almost every RPers' nightmare, a country consisting of two massive IG stats. :awesome:
[/quote]

:lol1: Don't give them any ideas...

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1279745681' post='2383219']

That [b]should[/b] be all maps you've sent me.
If one of the links doesn't work, tell me. :v:
[/quote]

Lynneth, do you mind if I copy/paste this listing in the History V2.0 thread?

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1280078376' post='2388401']
:lol1: Don't give them any ideas...
[/quote]
Why not? It would be priceless to see everyone's reaction and when the world decides enough is enough.

Masses of military forces VS two elite military forces EQUALS brutal massacre for the invasion forces and brutal curbstomp for Lavo/Lyn EQUALS fun

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1279696875' post='2382255']
I was RPing back in News Reports of the original forums. Then Justinian came along with Slavorussia.

My very first post and nation: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=51122&hl=

It's been a wild ride.
[/quote]

Unfortunately you are incorrect sir! You came late to the party, not I. :v:

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1280307976' post='2392339']
I have a question: Who's Natal?
[/quote]

It's a secret and you'll never find out.

It's actually nobody. Not anymore, anyway. It used to be someone that had a war with Botha, or aomething, but for the last two, three years it's been a void and nobody talks about it. I think you're the first to ask.

Guys, I have made a GIF of around 1024x500 size of all those 78 maps I had uploaded. This GIF would give a reasonable idea of the cartographic changes that occurred over the past 15 or so months. The file is 951KB large, so I am only putting the link [url="http://gokul.eu5.org/Upload/Anim1.gif"]here[/url].

This should show the trend of CNRP. If you guys want I can try to create a larger resolution GIF, but it might possibly crash my poor old PC, :D

I think CN RP can as far as my experience goes be broken down into the following Eras:

The Sovereign Multipolar Era (the era of big powers like Rebel Army, Shilla, Mudd, Martens) this was largely weakened by the War of the Coalition. It can also be called the scramble for land.

This was followed by the Liberal Moment, which was characterized by the rise of institutions like the World Congress which started off having other people care about what happens half way around the world which was know ones business.

The next era was the reign of the Sovereign Initiative, which was formed by me, Viniland, Shilla, Mudd, LVN, and Lavo which was designed specifically to counter the World Congress's nosey interfering ways and forcing Tibet to disband the now ineffectual World Congress.

The next era was the reign of the Sovereign Initiative, this was characterized by a conflict between the former members of the World Congress and the Sovereign Initiative. It ended when Wiegerburt a huge $@! nation for the time and I started a general invasion of the whole of Eurasia, which ended over conflicts about technology and us getting pissed cause a bunch of moralists said we were secret IRL nazis because of in game actions so we got pissed and left.

The next era was the era of Greater Nordland, and Martenism. Everyone was in a rush to adopt this. For some time Martens had the support of Lynneth, Lavo, and R.U.S.S.I.A. which was a united bloc of Justinian, Mykep, and Vaule.

The final era was then brought to an end by my return with the encouragement of Shan and Coursca. We built up a counter bloc which included Weidgerburt, ourselves, iamthey, and Dilber (who decided it would be more fun than helping Martens). This bloc was called Ferrous Pacific, which took over the Pacific Rim, but couldn't expand much beyond that, because of Marten's united front. This ended up collapsing when Lynneth attacked Martens, which we thought was a trap, but ended up in the destruction of most of Lynneth's military. R.U.S.S.I.A. and Martens split after a small finnish country that was going to join R.U.S.S.I.A. and allied to me, was invaded by Martens. Seeing this as an opportunity to flip Martens biggest partner, we encouraged their aggressive attack on Martens and quickly followed it up with our own. This resulted in his destruction and Ferrous Pacific reigning supreme.

Here we made the mistake/ got really unlucky, because we thought Lavo was forming a new bloc to fight us, so we used Vektor to start a nuclear war with him. Unfortunately he had the luckiest SDI roles ever. At the end of this fight both of us were weakened, there was a lot of hate, and we had other things going on so FP broke up (for instance graduating from college).

The next era, in our absence in the Pacific, smaller nations lead by Mael basically took over the land as no one big really wanted it. Europe rose under Vektor to form Greater Nordland again. I fought with a nation for him but was pretty busy and just attacked where he told me too. One day it seemed he started a war that was a bad engagement and Nordland collapsed, My nation more or less collapsed from inactivity.

It seems from then on, CN RP was a boring peace fest till fairly recently.