BAPS Announcement

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='17 July 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1279388608' post='2375996']
So this is what I don't get: who wants to treaty Legion on the condition they cut ties with BAPS and Valhalla but have no issue with their other treaties?(maybe more cancellations will come)

Regardless, good luck to both parties, I guess?
[/quote]
I'm wondering this myself...guess we will see soon.

Someone needs to start a betting pool.

[quote name='Alterego' date='16 July 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1279313285' post='2374970']
Must be a MADP with Admin.
[/quote]
You know, BAPS and I may have butted heads in the past, but there's a kernel of truth in this one-liner.

BAPS (Valhalla, too) are among the most stalwart allies one could possibly have on Planet Bob. It's a shame to see both of them canceled on in such a manner. In the case of BAPS, it's doubly-ridiculous that the Legion doesn't even know who leads an alliance that would have died to protect them.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='17 July 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1279395179' post='2376128'].... i can't piece together a treaty proposal that would demand removal of Val and BAPS and yet be perfectly OK with the other treaties Legion holds.[/quote]

Since I have been asked this a couple of times on IRC, I'd like to be clear that my earlier guess with regard to Legion's new best pal was just that: a guess.

If I'm correct, though, donations to my super-secret spy organization would be appreciated.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='16 July 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1279337869' post='2375436']
If such a rumor has made its way to chefjoe and Valhalla, I am pretty confident that they would laugh at the notion. RoK and Valhalla have had many discussions in the past in regard to my opinion of Legion ... that opinion has changed very little in the last few years. :P
[/quote]
Legion probably doesn't realize it. It [i]is[/i] Legion, after all.

[quote name='Penkala' date='17 July 2010 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1279350678' post='2375627']
Defending Legion: 500 tech fine.
[/quote]
[u]How about 2 Billion Dollars[url="http://pastebin.com/xmjwqk4J"]?[/url][/u]

Edited by Bob Sanders

[font="Georgia"]It appears as if "the" Legion has grown a pair and decided to cancel on two of their closer allies for a "new ally". Lets just hope this new ally of theirs makes them regret their decision and by default, make them look stupid in the process. As to the 3rd treaty to be canceled by Legion, my money is on Invicta or NPO. Ohh! And if we're really lucky--- IRON, NADC, NATO, and the rest of their allies CANCEL on LEGION. [i]The last part is just a rumor.[/i][/font]

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='KingEd' date='18 July 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1279430783' post='2376690']
[font="Georgia"]It appears as if "the" Legion has grown a pair and decided to cancel on two of their closer allies for a "new ally". Lets just hope this new ally of theirs makes them regret their decision and by default, look stupid in the process. As to the 3rd treaty to be canceled by Legion, my money is on Invicta.[/font]
[/quote]

Wait now....there's a [i]third[/i] one on the way?

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='18 July 2010 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1279430881' post='2376694']
Wait now....there's a [i]third[/i] one on the way?
[/quote]

From what I read earlier, Yes. I'll find the post.

[quote name='Huang Ti' date='16 July 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1279302951' post='2374735']
[b]Another one of those is confirmed gone too. 3 mutual defence agreements down; I wonder how many they'll keep.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='16 July 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1279303782' post='2374765']
sometimes its better to look like an idiot rather than opening your mouth and confirming it.

All AE did was say NPO would have to be dropped if they were moving and tbh [b]im curious to see whos next on their list of treaty drops as well.[/b] It will be curious to see what direction legion is going as most of us are at a loss
[/quote]

[i]I mean...2 treaties down, 1 more couldn't possibly hurt---or maybe Legion reconsidered.[/i]

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='18 July 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1279429620' post='2376680']
[u]How about 2 Billion Dollars[url="http://pastebin.com/xmjwqk4J"]?[/url][/u]
[/quote]

Very subtle, Bob...almost too subtle.

[img]http://dudesvanyacouldtake.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/dr-evil.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='18 July 2010 - 06:35 AM' timestamp='1279431317' post='2376703']
I doubt it'll be NPO and Invicta. My money would be on IRON if I was betting.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]Either way, all of those Treaties lead back to BAPS & Valhalla (specially Duck Roll) so even if it's IRON that gets canceled ON, I'm absolutely sure that BAPS & Valhalla are already putting pressure on their allies to turn on Legion. [/font]

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='18 July 2010 - 06:37 AM' timestamp='1279431459' post='2376707']
IRON already cancelled on them.

/me busts out his "THE MORE YOU KNOW!" banner
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]I knew it. But, does that count as the 3rd Treaty LEGION canceled, or does it count as a Treaty LEGION lost ? [i]If Legion gets rolled, I'll LoL so HARD.[/i][/font]

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='KingEd' date='17 July 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1279431644' post='2376709']
[font="Georgia"]I knew it. But, does that count as the 3rd Treaty LEGION canceled, or does it count as a Treaty LEGION lost ? [i]If Legion gets rolled, I'll LoL so HARD.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

me too....

[quote name='Master Holton' date='18 July 2010 - 06:42 AM' timestamp='1279431730' post='2376711']
me too....
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]Of course you will, you'll be one losing the war---that's always fun. This by no means implies that your getting rolled tonight, this week, or even this month---just pointing that no matter how far you (Legion Govt) try to get away from your current WEB, unless you CANCEL every Treaty you have currently (except NV) your still lined up to get rolled in a future WAR because of the invisible Treaty line. Enjoy trying Legion, and ENJOY failing.

Also note: Canceling Treaties to satisfy a "new" ally is ridiculously stupid.[/font]

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='18 July 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1279431459' post='2376707']
IRON already cancelled on them.

/me busts out his "THE MORE YOU KNOW!" banner
[/quote]
I actually found that out right after I posted <_<

Edited by Neo Uruk

[quote name='KingEd' date='17 July 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1279431460' post='2376708']
[font="Georgia"]Either way, all of those Treaties lead back to BAPS & Valhalla (specially Duck Roll) so even if it's IRON that gets canceled ON, I'm absolutely sure that BAPS & Valhalla are already putting pressure on their allies to turn on Legion. [/font]
[/quote]

Please tell me more, I just got interested in this topic.

[quote name='Havamil' date='18 July 2010 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1279432265' post='2376717']
Please tell me more, I just got interested in this topic.
[/quote]

What would you like me to elaborate on ?

The fact that IRON canceled on Legion proves my idea correct (partially at least)---however, that doesn't mean Valhalla had any part in that decision being made. [i]Oh wait...[/i]

[quote name='KingEd' date='17 July 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1279432173' post='2376714']
[font="Georgia"]Of course you will, you'll be one losing the war---that's always fun. This by no means implies that your getting rolled tonight, this week, or even this month---just pointing that no matter how far you (Legion Govt) try to get away from your current WEB, unless you CANCEL every Treaty you have currently (except NV) your still lined up to get rolled in a future WAR because of the invisible Treaty line. Enjoy trying Legion, and ENJOY failing.

Also note: Canceling Treaties to satisfy a "new" ally is ridiculously stupid.[/font]
[/quote]

1st off... All the "your"s you used should be "you're" check your* grammar.

2nd... Even for all the talk going on (talk being the nicest word possible), I don't think anyone will be "rolling" us anytime soon. Even though LF and Hydra would abosolutely love to.

3rd... We arent canceling treaties for no reason.

4th... The transformers movies sucked. Go change your* avatar pic.

[quote name='Havamil' date='18 July 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1279432596' post='2376727']
this part, i would love to know how you know more than i do what the gov of my alliance is doing
[/quote]

I don't, but it's a reasonable assumption. If your going to tell me that Valhalla didn't mention to IRON the idea of canceling on Legion before they got canceled on...then you are a very naive person. It's the nature of politics...when you get elected into office someday (if Valhalla is a democracy) you'll understand, I hope.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='18 July 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1279432853' post='2376733']
You're barking up the wrong tree King Ed, the IRON cancellation predated this mess/was already going to happen
[/quote]

I'm curious how you get all this great information...

I spent 2 terms as Marshall of Valhalla, please tell me more, or are you the naive one acting and blurting out things you have no honest knowledge of to try and look impressive?

Edited by Havamil