Apology to Xiphosis

Vasuda

Last night, I created a thread linking to Xiphosis' fanfiction stories. It was wrong for me to post the links without his permission, and I apologize. I appreciate that some people play the game with a certain persona they adopt, and that exposing members of the CN community to content not directly linked to that persona could lower the player's enjoyment of the game. It was wrong of me to not think about Xiph's feelings on the matter, and again, I sincerely apologize.

Kahn

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vasuda' date='10 July 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1278780658' post='2365890']
Last night, I created a thread linking to Xiphosis' fanfiction stories. It was wrong for me to post the links without his permission, and I apologize. I appreciate that some people play the game with a certain persona they adopt, and that exposing members of the CN community to content not directly linked to that persona could lower the player's enjoyment of the game. It was wrong of me to not think about Xiph's feelings on the matter, and again, I sincerely apologize.

Kahn
[/quote]
Yeah, that's a pretty dick move.

[quote name='Vasuda' date='10 July 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1278780658' post='2365890']

Kahn
[/quote]

Lol, that's not all you did and you know it. Your actions constituted nothing short of ooc stalking that goes beyond the scope of the game and I'm disgusted that any member of the community would go to such lengths to attempt to gain an IC advantage.

[quote name='Alterego' date='10 July 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1278781095' post='2365905']
Fair play, although I have no idea what fan fiction is or how it can be insulting.

[ooc]im old[ooc]
[/quote]
Fan-fiction are works of fiction based on existing works written by fans of the source material. For example, writing an episode for your favorite television show. The great majority of works like this are extraordinarily bad, so even being associated with the phenomenon can be rather humiliating.

[quote name='Ardus' date='10 July 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1278781468' post='2365912']
Fan-fiction are works of fiction based on existing works written by fans of the source material. For example, writing an episode for your favorite television show. The great majority of works like this are extraordinarily bad, so even being associated with the phenomenon can be rather humiliating.
[/quote]
He also went a bit further than just posting some links.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='10 July 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1278781776' post='2365918']
He also went a bit further than just posting some links.
[/quote]
I never saw the original act, but just posting links is pretty foul to begin with, especially when you consider the work that would be necessary to acquire them if Xip had them sufficiently differentiated from his character here.

While what Vasuda did was uncalled for and the apology is indeed needed, I can't help but see the almost humorous irony about Xiphosis and company bawwing about crossing OOC/IC lines, when Xiphosis himself has rather frequently supported and in some cases has utilized the practice of EZI, which generally relies on intentionally crossing/skirting/blurring that same line.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='10 July 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1278781645' post='2365915']
Yes that was a dick move. The reaction to the dick move wasn't too great either . All in all I'm glad we got everything worked out.
[/quote]

Really? So if someone were to go digging into your personal life and posting the details here on the forums, your reaction would be nonchalance? The reaction was perfectly appropriate considering the heinous nature of the crime.

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='10 July 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1278781990' post='2365921']
While what Vasuda did was uncalled for and the apology is indeed needed, I can't help but see the almost humorous irony about Xiphosis and company bawwing about crossing OOC/IC lines, when Xiphosis himself has rather frequently supported and in some cases has utilized the practice of EZI, which generally relies on intentionally crossing/skirting/blurring that same line.
[/quote]
While EZI skirts the line and is indeed reprehensible, this charges clear across the border like Usain Bolt.

[quote name='Big Z' date='10 July 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1278782014' post='2365922']
Really? So if someone were to go digging into your personal life and posting the details here on the forums, your reaction would be nonchalance? The reaction was perfectly appropriate considering the heinous nature of the crime.
[/quote]

From what I've heard it wasn't actually digging but just a friend of the OP having seen the CN recruitment thread on the forum and sending the link. Really digging into personal lifes. :unsure:

Edited by Centurius

[quote name='Centurius' date='10 July 2010 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1278782285' post='2365930']
From what I've heard it wasn't actually digging but just a friend of the OP having seen the CN recruitment thread on the forum and sending the link. Really digging into personal lifes. :unsure:
[/quote]

Oh, right, and coincidentally, that link coincidentally spanned over multiple sites and magically also cherry picked portions designed to attempt to embarrass Xiph the most. It'd be impossible for a single link to cover everything that was posted by Vasuda. There would have to have been some kind of digging considering the breadth and scope of the details within his post, if the story about someone sending him a link is even true.

[quote name='Centurius' date='10 July 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1278782844' post='2365941']
Right reading I don't know, the other pages perhaps?
[/quote]

And going through the thousands of posts Xiph made on another forum to cherry pick a single quote is simply reading through other pages?

[quote name='Ardus' date='10 July 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1278782223' post='2365927']
While EZI skirts the line and is indeed reprehensible, this charges clear across the border like Usain Bolt.
[/quote]

This isn't a laughing matter I realize... but I just about died after reading that.

Well played Sir.

You should be ashamed. The fact that you brought it out isn't the bad thing. The bad thing is that you did it with the sole intention of making Xiphosis embarrassed, even though there's no reason he should, as long as he enjoys his other past time. What if someone you knew posted all over your school that you played an online nation simulating game with the only intention of making you feel bad about yourself? Very, very low. I really hope this apology is sincere.

Ive found in my personal life that forgiveness is vastly overrated. Its easy to say "im sorry" after !@#$@#$ with someones life, they are left to deal with your B.S. Dont know Xiph personally or IC and have no plans to do either but regardless, the op should face as severe a penalty as the game and or its creators allow. Its called establishing a precedent so douchebags like this are detered from future endevors.

As a wise man once said to me when I got on the web "you never know who is on the other side of the screen, always tread lightly"