Nemesis announcement

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='10 July 2010 - 05:25 AM' timestamp='1278735938' post='2365548']
This is basically where you are interpreting things without acknowledging it.

SLCB is attacking, not being attacked. Whether they have shot a bullet yet or not is immaterial, they are on the attack. It doesn't say "an attack by one signatory is an attack by the other."
[/quote]

back up and read my last post. you're not getting facts you need to be making statements like this.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='09 July 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1278735657' post='2365543']I have a definite respect for Hoo's stance when it is warranted, but scummy crap like SLCB is pulling doesn't warrant Ragnarok's support.
[/quote]

I think this is the part that keeps getting missed. I have said it several times and I will say it again, should I find out that SLCB is pulling a fast one, then the situation will change. We wouldn't step aside and let them get hit, but we would reconsider being allied to them, dependent on what exactly happened.

To be fair, and I still love Nemesis despite this, they haven't been very helpful in this regard. And despite what they state here, they come across very much like an alliance chopping at the bit for the moment that RoK cancels on SLCB in hopes that they get a clean shot. You can understand my hesitance when it comes to throwing an alliance I call an ally to the mercy of another alliance that I do not, yes?

[quote name='That-one-place' date='10 July 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1278735970' post='2365549']
Who is being thrown under the bus?

[b]Nemesis made our position clear.[/b] Unless you have more to share the cards are in.
[/quote]

What merge into nemesis or you will cancel the treaty?

Edited by Joe Stupid

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='10 July 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1278736096' post='2365553']
I think this is the part that keeps getting missed. I have said it several times and I will say it again, should I find out that SLCB is pulling a fast one, then the situation will change. We wouldn't step aside and let them get hit, but we would reconsider being allied to them, dependent on what exactly happened.

To be fair, and I still love Nemesis despite this, they haven't been very helpful in this regard. And despite what they state here, they come across very much like an alliance chopping at the bit for the moment that RoK cancels on SLCB in hopes that they get a clean shot. You can understand my hesitance when it comes to throwing an alliance I call an ally to the mercy of another alliance that I do not, yes?
[/quote]
For the benefit of the audience, I note I am not in any smoke-filled backroom, so I don't know what Nemesis is saying to Rok is saying to SLCB etc. But as far as I can tell, Hoo let's face it, I'm the only one talking about alliances getting hit, not anyone in Nemesis.

Also, please understand, this is all purely academic for me.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' date='10 July 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1278736286' post='2365556']
[/quote]
As was demanded by a nation who now flies SLCB's AA? That should make it pretty clear that the demand was not that of Nemesis gov, but rather that of a member who is no longer associated with Nemesis in any way.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='09 July 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1278736394' post='2365557']
For the benefit of the audience, I note I am not in any smoke-filled backroom, so I don't know what Nemesis is saying to Rok is saying to SLCB etc. But as far as I can tell, Hoo let's face it, I'm the only one talking about alliances getting hit, not anyone in Nemesis.

Also, please understand, this is all purely academic for me.
[/quote]

Then I will let you into [b]my[/b] smoke-filled backroom, tiger. :wub:

Nemesis approached me about the SLCB treaty. They hoped we would cancel to "show the world how untrustworthy SLCB is" ... they stated that they have no desire to attack them during this conversation. Since that conversation (which was yesterday), I have been contacted [b]three[/b] times for an update on the status of that treaty.

Now, you tell me ... why on earth does Nemesis care so much? If you were me, what would you think was going on here exactly? I mean, they already approached me with their concerns ... why the regular follow-ups?

Like SLCB or not, that doesn't strike me as an alliance that does not mean them harm here. I have been around the block a few times and know what it usually means when an alliance has such a massive interest in whether you cancel with another alliance or not.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' date='09 July 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1278736708' post='2365564']
As was demanded by a nation who now flies SLCB's AA? That should make it pretty clear that the demand was not that of Nemesis gov, but rather that of a member who is no longer associated with Nemesis in any way.
[/quote]

The individual in question is T-O-P, who is indeed Nemesis government.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='10 July 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1278737112' post='2365572']
Then I will let you into [b]my[/b] smoke-filled backroom, tiger. :wub:

Nemesis approached me about the SLCB treaty. They hoped we would cancel to "show the world how untrustworthy SLCB is" ... they stated that they have no desire to attack them during this conversation. Since that conversation (which was yesterday), I have been contacted [b]three[/b] times for an update on the status of that treaty.

Now, you tell me ... why on earth does Nemesis care so much? If you were me, what would you think was going on here exactly? I mean, they already approached me with their concerns ... why the regular follow-ups?

Like SLCB or not, that doesn't strike me as an alliance that does not mean them harm here. I have been around the block a few times and know what it usually means when an alliance has such a massive interest in whether you cancel with another alliance or not.
[/quote]

Frankly, if somebody was framing one of my members and I found out, I'd be getting as many cancellations as possible as well. I honestly highly doubt Nemesis has or had any plans of attacking SLCB--CoJ isnt't on alert. In fact, I'm going to sleep 10 minutes before 0 hour so there ya go.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='10 July 2010 - 04:50 AM' timestamp='1278737389' post='2365578']
Frankly, if somebody was framing one of my members and I found out, I'd be getting as many cancellations as possible as well. I honestly highly doubt Nemesis has or had any plans of attacking SLCB--CoJ isnt't on alert. In fact, I'm going to sleep 10 minutes before 0 hour so there ya go.
[/quote]
I'm sitting in Defcon 1, not by my choosing.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='10 July 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1278737231' post='2365576']
The individual in question is T-O-P, who is indeed Nemesis government.
[/quote]
That individual in question is, rather, Ovaltine Jenkins.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=413264

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' date='10 July 2010 - 06:00 AM' timestamp='1278738017' post='2365584']
That individual in question is, rather, Ovaltine Jenkins.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=413264
[/quote]

No, that is the dude who sent a message ordering all SLCB memebers to change their AA to nemesis.

T-O-P is the one who sent a PM telling us to either merger or be cancelled on.

Both are very "ally-like" gestures, no?

[quote name='porksaber' date='10 July 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1278738331' post='2365592']
No, that is the dude who sent a message ordering all SLCB memebers to change their AA to nemesis.
[/quote]
Now this, this is interesting. A nation joins Nemesis, demands that all members of SLCB change their AA's to Nemesis, and is of course ignored. The nation then proceeds to leave Nemesis to join the alliance he just ordered to disband? There's something about that that seems a little odd, doesn't it?

[quote name='porksaber' date='10 July 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1278738331' post='2365592']

T-O-P is the one who sent a PM telling us to either merger or be cancelled on.

Both are very "ally-like" gestures, no?
[/quote]

This is not correct...

No message stating merge with Nemesis or we will cancel was ever sent.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='10 July 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1278738775' post='2365602']
Alfred my friend, not the point of my post.
[/quote]
Oh i know, i know.. You have to make some concession for my desire to pour water on the embers by taking a tangent.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

Jumping at the bit? Hoo I assure you, if we were rolling to war, I would not be caring about a treaty the enemy had.

What has in fact happened is that we wanted some sort of retribution for wrongs done us, you and your friend top were talking, you said it might be funny if multiple peopled cancelled bla bla he wanted to know if that was going ahead..

You came on the owf started saying your friend was eager for you to cancel their treaty.. Honestly it doesn't matter, don't do it for all I care but the accused member I believe was probably a friend of yours once before and you can understand that he is pissed off

And for those of you now calling us out? Do your worst. This isn't some bloated egotistical alliance. We are Nemesis.

Our minister is accused, he is innocent. Even without the proof he is a friend of mine and I will defend him at his word to zi and back anyday, you think that's dishonourable? You can blow me.

This. Except for RoK it would go like this:

[quote name='daggarz' date='10 July 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1278742207' post='2365629']
And for those of you now calling us out? Do your worst. This isn't some bloated egotistical alliance. We are [b]Ragnarok[/b].

Our [b]treaty partner[/b] is accused. Even without the proof [b]they are my treaty partner[/b] and I will defend [b]them[/b] at [b]their[/b] word to zi and back anyday, you think that's dishonourable? You can blow me.
[/quote]

[quote name='Joe Stupid' date='10 July 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1278736286' post='2365556']
[/quote]

I'd say this is a fantastic display of one having little knowledge of what's going on.