I think I owe someone an apology

magicninja

Where to begin.......

About 7-8 months ago, a short time after GATO was released from it's viceroy, GATO begin exploring a relationship with NpO. AlmightyGrub came to our forums to express his feelings for GATO. To make a long story short he basically told us to go $%&@ ourselves and said we were NPO puppets. I raaaggggeeeddd. Hard. I said some things in that thread and since about Grub that were probably unwarranted.

It turns out I really didn't understand where Grub's animosity was coming from. I joined GATO and the world in June of 2007. That was months after GWIII and just after GATO had finished paying reps. I have since read about GWIII but it was mostly from GATO's perspective and I confess I never did seek out any real details of what went down. It turns out GATO peaced out of that war without ever telling NAAC and possibly other allies that came to her defense that it was doing so. That is completely unacceptable. What makes it worse is some good alliances disbanded because of that war. GATO wasn't one of them.

So, it turns out I was wrong in assuming Grub had no real reason to hate on GATO. I'd be pissed off as well. So I was wrong to say the things I did over the last year. I didn't fully understand the situation. For that I apologize.

I also apologize to ex-NAAC for the actions of GATO's gov in that era. What they did was complete !@#$%^&* and we'll have to live with what they did forever. I just want to point out that today's GATO is not that GATO. Our current leaders would never allow such an abomination to occur. We barely have any links to that era today. We have a fair few that were around and while I can't speak for them I'm sure they would agree that the actions of the GATO government were atrocious. Something like that is pretty much unforgivable. I know it can't mean much coming from someone who wasn't even there at the time but for what it is worth I'm sorry.

magicninja
GATO GA member and a guy who needs to lrn2CNhistory before he opens his mouth in the future

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jeeooh' date='07 July 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1278512516' post='2362396']
Your alliance is a joke and that you still need to apologize for these things further reinforces that image.
[/quote]
heh, you should be more compassionate Comrade Jeeooh :ehm:

[quote name='Jeeooh' date='07 July 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1278512516' post='2362396']
Your alliance is a joke and that you still need to apologize for these things further reinforces that image.
[/quote]

I bet you didn't think we were a joke when we were keeping TSO off your $@! but I digress.

I felt the need to apologize to Grub because I was being an !@#$%^& for no good reason. Had I understood why he felt the way he did about GATO I would've never opened my mouth in the first place and who said GATO was apologizing for anything? I'm no gov member. I'm just some dude and these are my own feelings.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='07 July 2010 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1278514395' post='2362413']
You're treatied to Athens. That makes you [i]worse[/i].
[/quote]

Touche.

BUT...BUT... we won't peace out without them (or any allies that are fighting for us, or us them) and that has to count for something.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='07 July 2010 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1278514395' post='2362413']
[quote name='magicninja' date='07 July 2010 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1278511850' post='2362386']
I just want to point out that today's GATO is not that GATO.
[/quote]
You're treatied to Athens. That makes you [i]worse[/i].
[/quote]

I second Rsox. Boo this man!*

Also, hey MN, drop by sometime and we'll catch up ^_^

[size="1"]* This is sarcasm for all the nimrods out there who couldn't figure it out the first time.[/size]

[quote name='magicninja' date='07 July 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1278514528' post='2362416']
BUT...BUT... we won't peace out without them (or any allies that are fighting for us, or us them) and that has to count for something.
[/quote]

What's funny here is that you're apologizing to Grub, who peaced out when we (TIDFTT) were fighting for him and then joined the other side.

So yeah.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='07 July 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1278514906' post='2362423']
What's funny here is that you're apologizing to Grub, who peaced out when we (TIDFTT) were fighting for him and then joined the other side.

So yeah.
[/quote]

Well then by Grubs standards you have every right to hate him for years and I won't blame either of you for it.

Also CSM, It's been kind of an ongoing thing for me. Like I said I wasn't around for GWIII so I doubt my personal apology to ex-NAAC will carry much weight. However, I can apologize to Grub because had I not figured out why he hated GATO so much I would've carried on hating him for what amounts to no real good reason.

By my understanding, Laserwolf or another GATO gov member actually PMed the Imperial Liaison completely out of the blue with a fully written up treaty, which is at best tactless and at worst fairly insulting. Probably not enough to warrant such a harsh response, but we (Polar) really didn't care about GATO at all at the time either.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='magicninja' date='07 July 2010 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1278511850' post='2362386']
Where to begin.......

About 7-8 months ago, a short time after GATO was released from it's viceroy, GATO begin exploring a relationship with NpO. AlmightyGrub came to our forums to express his feelings for GATO. To make a long story short he basically told us to go $%&@ ourselves and said we were NPO puppets. I raaaggggeeeddd. Hard. I said some things in that thread and since about Grub that were probably unwarranted.

It turns out I really didn't understand where Grub's animosity was coming from. I joined GATO and the world in June of 2007. That was months after GWIII and just after GATO had finished paying reps. I have since read about GWIII but it was mostly from GATO's perspective and I confess I never did seek out any real details of what went down. It turns out GATO peaced out of that war without ever telling NAAC and possibly other allies that came to her defense that it was doing so. That is completely unacceptable. What makes it worse is some good alliances disbanded because of that war. GATO wasn't one of them.

So, it turns out I was wrong in assuming Grub had no real reason to hate on GATO. I'd be pissed off as well. So I was wrong to say the things I did over the last year. I didn't fully understand the situation. For that I apologize.

I also apologize to ex-NAAC for the actions of GATO's gov in that era. What they did was complete !@#$%^&* and we'll have to live with what they did forever. I just want to point out that today's GATO is not that GATO. Our current leaders would never allow such an abomination to occur. We barely have any links to that era today. We have a fair few that were around and while I can't speak for them I'm sure they would agree that the actions of the GATO government were atrocious. Something like that is pretty much unforgivable. I know it can't mean much coming from someone who wasn't even there at the time but for what it is worth I'm sorry.

magicninja
GATO GA member and a guy who needs to lrn2CNhistory before he opens his mouth in the future
[/quote]
It's noble to apologize for something that you weren't involved in but not really neccesary. Especially after what Polar pulled in the last war. What they did was alot worse than what your comrades did years ago.

[quote name='Jeeooh' date='07 July 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1278512516' post='2362396']
[/quote]
That's uncalled for. I fail to see how this makes GATO look like a joke in any way.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='07 July 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1278514914' post='2362424']
You have either an eidetic memory or a rather clear conscience to have something as old as this weighing on your mind. I just assume amnesty after a three month period (it usually doesn't work).
[/quote]
That's honorable of you.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='07 July 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1278514906' post='2362423']

So yeah.
[/quote]

At least you didnt flip sides totally or hang your allies out to dry for a quick tech raid from opportunistic scum.

[quote name='magicninja' date='07 July 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1278511850' post='2362386']
I also apologize to ex-NAAC for the actions of GATO's gov in that era.
[/quote]

We all make mistakes. As an ex-NAAC, I can safely say this thread made me feel nostalgic and I personally have a good opinion of today's GATO.

[quote name='Biff Webster' date='07 July 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1278530013' post='2362609']
All we need is someone from Polar who wasn't there for this to accept the apology and the circle is complete.
[/quote]This wasn't even an action done against Polar... why would we care?