Question for UPN

Xiphosis

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='15 May 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1273969826' post='2299219']
It's not that they were banned. It's the way the guy went about it.
[/quote]

Most alliances are guilty for banning people in a rude fashion. I can understand why people would be annoyed, but still unless you had official business I don't see any problems excluding bruised egos and hurt feelings.

Do some of you deserve an apology? Probably, but I wonder how many people popped in because you heard that others were getting kick banned.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord, I have half-ops in a bazillion channels, do I control them all?

Muhahaha.

Even if you draw the line at ops... OH NO! AIRME IS IN CONTROL OF #GENESIS!

Jeez. Control is tilde, tilde is control. I don't control all the private channels I have ops in either.

[quote name='darkfox' date='15 May 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1273970136' post='2299221']
Most alliances are guilty for banning people in a rude fashion. I can understand why people would be annoyed, but still unless you had official business I don't see any problems excluding bruised egos and hurt feelings.

Do some of you deserve an apology? Probably, but I wonder how many people popped in because you heard that others were getting kick banned.
[/quote]
Thing is, it wasn't his alliance to ban people from.

Most people allow allies and such to ban people who are being rude. Greene345 banned people [i]because they weren't from the alliance[/i] while allowing himself to stay, instead of just helping the FacePunch alliance to facilitate their own channel. He could have easily explained to the young alliance how to set up a private channel and fielded any technical questions instead of dictating everything.

Heh, if it were me, the answers would be:

> Do you make it a habit of registering/endorse the registration of new alliances channels?

Yes.

> Who in the hell are you to dictate who's allowed in another alliance's channel?

I am the person who dictates who's allowed in another alliance's channel.

Hardball FA ftw.

XD

Was a UPNer being retarded really worth even asking about, Dear Leader? :v:

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='15 May 2010 - 07:42 AM' timestamp='1273923704' post='2298614']
Fear me, for I am WC, and we are many.
[/quote]

A grammar joke? Tsk.

I expected better. Not sure why.

I'm sure you got the point, though. :)

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='15 May 2010 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1273943021' post='2298845']
I'm fairly sure GOD or someone would have had to declare, and I don't think Xiph or Delta care that much about UPN being dumb.
[/quote]

Don't say things like that. We have a reputation to uphold.

[quote name='SirDelirium' date='15 May 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1273949200' post='2298939']
It may be a joke, but there is a little truth behind every joke. Blowing this up to try to make us look bad is an obvious smear technique, which generally would have some motive behind it.
[/quote]

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

It's [i]Alterego[/i]. No real offense intended beyond the obvious, but... he (?) is what he is.

[quote name='darkfox' date='15 May 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1273970136' post='2299221']

[/quote]

I can answer this. I can remember at least 4 people who got kb'ed initially. 3 from GOONS, one from RIA. The issue is that Greene decided to stay and "guide" them afterwards.

If some one outside your alliance helped set up your forum, then set up some embassies, then went ahead and banned all but his own, wouldn't you call shenanigans?

[quote name='Aurion' date='15 May 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1273970674' post='2299232']
Don't say things like that. We have a reputation to uphold.
[/quote]
My bad. Apologies to the evil empires.

[quote name='Aurion' date='16 May 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1273970674' post='2299232']
Was a UPNer being retarded really worth even asking about, Dear Leader? :v:

A grammar joke? Tsk.

I expected better. Not sure why.

I'm sure you got the point, though. :)
[/quote]
It's not terribly hard to realise that one person is in fact one person, and should therefore be referred to in the singular, not plural. I'm sure you'll get a gold star for defending poor little Xiphy though. :)

And yes, I get the point. I just find it inherently ridiculous that GOD is trying to threaten [i]anyone[/i], let alone the New Pacific Order. :)

Aren't smilies fun?

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='15 May 2010 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1273970375' post='2299225']
Thing is, it wasn't his alliance to ban people from.

Most people allow allies and such to ban people who are being rude. Greene345 banned people [i]because they weren't from the alliance[/i] while allowing himself to stay, instead of just helping the FacePunch alliance to facilitate their own channel. He could have easily explained to the young alliance how to set up a private channel and fielded any technical questions instead of dictating everything.
[/quote]

Did the alliance in question condemn such actions though? Greene may not have gone by it like he should have or hell like I would have does that make his actions fair and polite? Of course not. You are correct, they should have had a private channel in which to get things rolling. However if what people are saying about FacePunch membership not knowing much about IRC is true then I can see how a fair amount people being in their channel could be overwhelming and even disruptive.

[quote name='Iserlohn' date='15 May 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1273970708' post='2299234']
If some one outside your alliance helped set up your forum, then set up some embassies, then went ahead and banned all but his own, wouldn't you call shenanigans?
[/quote]

Of course I would. No one likes to be kick banned let alone by someone who isn't the "real" owner of the channel.

I am just perplexed at why people are getting so angry about something that seems so minor (to me at least) and why this started out "flaming" UPN? This could have been handled much better

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='15 May 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1273971032' post='2299241']
It's not terribly hard to realise that one person is in fact one person, and should therefore be referred to in the singular, not plural. I'm sure you'll get a gold star for defending poor little Xiphy though. :)
[/quote]

Consider my expectations adjusted to proper levels.

[quote]
And yes, I get the point. I just find it inherently ridiculous that GOD is trying to threaten [i]anyone[/i], let alone the New Pacific Order. :)
[/quote]

Oh dear, was it a threat? I do hope we didn't offend. :mellow:

I thought it was a compliment, myself. You really did turn out pretty well.

[quote]Aren't smilies fun?[/quote]

Indeed. In moderation, at least.

Edited by Aurion

I know people are bored and looking for something to do but, this has to be one of the most pathetic threads I have ever seen. Oh no, someone kicked me from a channel. Oh no, me to. Oh no, he is not even in that alliance. Oh nooooooooo... And this is coming from lulz alliances. Lame. Worse then lame. Boring. Xiph you have got to have something better than this. Don't you know of some reroll from 2 years ago that you have on perma Zi you can threaten some alliance over? Thats more your style. This? This is so micro alliance drama like. Have things really gotten this bad?

Edited by The Big Bad

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='15 May 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1273972180' post='2299264']
And this is coming from [b]lulz alliances[/b].
[/quote]

People still try to use that term as an insult?

How...lulzy.

[quote name='Aurion' date='16 May 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1273971612' post='2299255']
Consider my expectations adjusted to proper levels.[/quote]
As are mine. Is it hard, working under a leader who can't distinguish between one person and a group?

[quote]Oh dear, was it a threat? I do hope we didn't offend. :mellow:

I thought it was a compliment, myself. You really did turn out pretty well.
[/quote]
Oh I see, its a systemic thing, he can't tell if he is talking to a person or a group, and you can't tell if something is a threat or a compliment. Conversations in your gov channel must be a barrel of laughs. Although you seem to just be spouting words for the fun of it now, I turned out pretty well because I am good for tech? :psyduck:

To finish this off in a style that befits your obviously immense powers of intellect, how about you lead off with a "yo mama's so fat...", I'll finish off with a "How appropriate, you fight like a cow", and we can all go home?

[quote name='Iserlohn' date='16 May 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1273970708' post='2299234']
I can answer this. I can remember at least 4 people who got kb'ed initially. 3 from GOONS, one from RIA. The issue is that Greene decided to stay and "guide" them afterwards.

If some one outside your alliance helped set up your forum, then set up some embassies, then went ahead and banned all but his own, wouldn't you call shenanigans?[/quote]Considering they have no idea about the CN norms or IRC, nope.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='15 May 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1273972511' post='2299271']
As are mine. Is it hard, working under a leader who can't distinguish between one person and a group?
[/quote]

He has a few habits that can be annoying. But it's quite simple to understand the boss, provided you aren't pedantic to the point of lifelessness.

[quote]Oh I see, its a systemic thing, he can't tell if he is talking to a person or a group, and you can't tell if something is a threat or a compliment. Conversations in your gov channel must be a barrel of laughs. Although you seem to just be spouting words for the fun of it now, I turned out pretty well because I am good for tech? :psyduck: [/quote]

Your ignorance amuses me, but I'm not government.

You turned out pretty well as a tech farm. If you hadn't, I'm not quite sure just what you'd be good for tbqh. Especially if this is what I can expect from conversation with you...

I hope that was more digestible, do let me know if it isn't- though, I am not entirely sure how it can be simplified any further.

[quote]
To finish this off in a style that befits your obviously immense powers of intellect, how about you lead off with a "yo mama's so fat...", I'll finish off with a "How appropriate, you fight like a cow", and we can all go home?
[/quote]

Sounds fine to me.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Iserlohn' date='15 May 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1273967651' post='2299182']
No, actually, he still has ops along with the two FP guys.
[/quote]

Yeah, but he doesn't have founder anymore. We got that switched over this morning, he didn't know the command [weirdly]. The ops were an attempt to get rid of founder, but Syn knows how to remove them if he doesn't want Greene to have them, so it's all good.

Wow, really? Grow up, all of you. It's IRC, not the end of the world. If FP had such an issue with it they could have just made their channel #cnfacepunch or #cnfp. If I got a dollar for each time one of you dimwits complained about some pointless thing for the sake of being asshats, I'd be the richest goddamn person on Bob.

[quote name='Aurion' date='16 May 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1273973258' post='2299291']
He has a few habits that can be annoying. But it's quite simple to understand, provided you aren't pedantic to the point of lifelessness.[/quote]
I guess I didn't think it would be too much to ask from GOD government to distinguish a person and a group. My apologies.

[quote]Your ignorance amuses me, but I'm not government.

You turned out pretty well as a tech farm. If you hadn't, I'm not quite sure just what you'd be good for tbqh. Especially if this is what I can expect from conversation with you...

I hope that was more digestible, do let me know if it isn't- though, I am not entirely sure how it can be simplified any further.
[/quote]
I simply do not care enough to see who you people have chosen to be Xiphosis' litter carriers.

It's not that hard really, I know it may be a struggle for you GOD members to click the buy technology button a few times and send aid offers, but for those of us who have evolved far enough to develop the necessary capabilities it's quite a simple task to send out tech. Just a pity you no longer get to enjoy the luxury of receiving Pacifican tech, eh? I mean, you do seem to have quite the trouble with tech procurement, seeing as you have 25% less tech than we do, and we had to send out around 115% of our tech at war's close.

And yes, your posts do make more sense now that you have abandoned your practice of vague insinuations and little jabs designed to garner applause from the OWF dung beetles who follow around the cows like you hoping to savour more of their delightful produce.

And preemptive ignorance correction, this is a litter:
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Sedan-chair.jpg[/img]

[quote name='James Saams' date='15 May 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1273975121' post='2299321']
Wow, really? Grow up, all of you. It's IRC, not the end of the world. If FP had such an issue with it they could have just made their channel #cnfacepunch or #cnfp. If I got a dollar for each time one of you dimwits complained about some pointless thing for the sake of being asshats, I'd be the richest goddamn person on Bob.
[/quote]
Whining about whining is a proven tactic to attract what you're complaining about.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='15 May 2010 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1273975397' post='2299326']
I simply do not care enough to see who you people have chosen to be Xiphosis' litter carriers.
[/quote]

Too cool for school, eh.

[quote]It's not that hard really, I know it may be a struggle for you GOD members to click the buy technology button a few times and send aid offers, but for those of us who have evolved far enough to develop the necessary capabilities it's quite a simple task to send out tech.[/quote]

Maybe you should take it up as a trade, you certainly seem to have a craftsman's passion.

I'm glad you were given the opportunity to explore these skills. Perhaps you should thank whoever it was that originally tried to cook up that CB on Ordo Verde.

[quote]
Just a pity you no longer get to enjoy the luxury of receiving Pacifican tech, eh? I mean, you do seem to have quite the trouble with tech procurement, seeing as you have 25% less tech than we do, and we had to send out around 115% of our tech at war's close.
[/quote]

Pacifica has...six hundred members? 625? We have seventy-seven. The math's pretty easy. Are you telling me you can't do that, either?

[quote]And yes, your posts do make more sense now that you have abandoned your practice of vague insinuations and little jabs designed to garner applause from the OWF dung beetles who follow around the cows like you hoping to savour more of their delightful produce.[/quote]

The dots were there.

Not really my fault you couldn't connect them.

[quote]
And preemptive ignorance correction, this is a litter:
(pic)
[/quote]

You should have gone for a pic of one of the older, more ornate ones. That one looks neither comfortable nor kingly. Functionality isn't everything, and I hope that isn't similar to Cortath's model. I'd genuinely feel bad for your Emperor.

The other meaning of litter makes for a more amusing mental image, either way.

Let's do this again sometime. I'll find a yo momma joke just for you.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Aurion' date='15 May 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1273972463' post='2299269']
People still try to use that term as an insult?

How...lulzy.
[/quote]

As those people refer to themselves as lulz alliances all the time I do not think anyone uses it as an insult. I don't recall it being used in the past either but, its possible. That does not change the point that those alliances do not take anything seriously. And yet here they are pretending to be taking something so dull seriously. Its below eveyone that this thread even exists and it speaks volumes about just how dull things have gotten.

Edited by The Big Bad

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='15 May 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1273978029' post='2299387']
As those people refer to themselves as lulz alliances all the time I do not think anyone uses it as an insult. I don't recall it being used in the past either but, its possible. That does not change the point that those alliances do not take anything seriously. And yet here they are pretending to be taking something so dull seriously. Its below eveyone that this thread even exists and it speaks volumes about just how dull things have gotten.
[/quote]

I take my excitement where I can get it, haha.

Point conceded.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Aurion' date='16 May 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1273977121' post='2299365']
Too cool for school, eh.[/quote]
More the fact that I have no desire to study vermin.

[quote]Maybe you should take it up as a trade, you certainly seem to have a craftsman's passion.

I'm glad you were given the opportunity to explore these skills. Perhaps you should thank whoever it was that originally tried to cook up that CB on Ordo Verde.[/quote]
I am quite happy to do what it takes to further the advancement of Pacifica, yes.

I'm sorry you don't see espionage as a valid CB. I had no idea GOD was leading the way in transparency in CyberNations by declaring their military information free game.

[quote]Pacifica has...six hundred members? 625? We have seventy-seven. The math's pretty easy. Are you telling me you can't do that, either?[/quote]
Yes, and those members have sent out 350,000 tech and 10 billion dollars between them, from a starting point of around 320,000 tech. Most of our previously 1k tech nations have been completely stripped of tech. I don't remember GOD paying reps for quite some time.

[quote]The dots were there.

Not really my fault you couldn't connect them.[/quote]
Yes, I just like to make people come out and say exactly what they mean, so they can't try and wriggle out of it later. Thankyou for obliging.

[quote]You should have gone for a pic of one of the older, more ornate ones. That one looks neither comfortable nor kingly. Functionality isn't everything, and I hope that isn't similar to Cortath's model. I'd genuinely feel bad for your Emperor.

The other meaning of litter makes for a more amusing mental image, either way.

Let's do this again sometime. I'll find a yo momma joke just for you.
[/quote]
Cortath is a modern Emperor, and man of the people. He drives himself around in a Taurus powered by babies, to save on carbon emissions.

Sounds good, I'll dig up some more Guybrush Threepwood retorts.