A Morgoth Announcement

Krunk the Great

Do you <3 the NSO?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 April 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1272500525' post='2279086']
[color="#0000FF"]Frostbite was never a cohesive political force. Sure it had potential, but due in part to Polar refusing to take a leading role it was not going to work. NSO, as good as it is, had no way to control the more passive STA. Polar could have. Never did work, however. Yet another reason why Sponge was always the best emperor.

Anyway, I think I have made clear my thoughts on the NSO.[/color]
[/quote]
*Had potential to be a cohesive political force, then. I was in no way privy to the inner workings of the bloc. In any case, it could have been epic but instead went out with a whimper. Regrettable.

[quote name='savethecheerleader' date='28 April 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1272506752' post='2279192']
*Had potential to be a cohesive political force, then. I was in no way privy to the inner workings of the bloc. In any case, it could have been epic but instead went out with a whimper. Regrettable.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I was privy to the inner workings of the bloc, and yes, it is regrettable that nothing ever came out of Frostbite. I can tell you that it becoming a force would have been much more preferable than the outcome that did occur.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1272515647' post='2279403']
[color="#0000FF"]I can tell you that it becoming a force would have been much more preferable than the outcome that did occur.[/color]
[/quote]I don't often agree with you often RV, but I do agree that a world with a strong, unified Frostbite would have made this world a better place.

I disagree, however, with your assertion that Frostbite would have worked if Polar took a stronger lead. Even if Grub had a domineering personality, neither Ivan or Tyga would have simply submitted to Polar leadership. It's not their style and eventually problems would have sprouted.

In the end I think what killed Frostbite was the unwillingness of the signatories to really coordinate their foreign affairs strategies or happily allow the other two signatories to, in combination, veto their foreign affairs decisions. Not really a surprising end in hindsight given the personalities involved, but at the time it seemed feasible enough since we all got along and had similar enough cultural ties. Then again, maybe we weren't too far off base in our thinking considering the fact that we largely managed to dissolve the bloc without major incident or ill will.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1272515647' post='2279403']
[color="#0000FF"]I was privy to the inner workings of the bloc, and yes, it is regrettable that nothing ever came out of Frostbite. I can tell you that it becoming a force would have been much more preferable than the outcome that did occur.[/color]
[/quote]
Frostbite had nice looking sigs and it did give the impression of unity for a while at least, although it died due to outside loyalties towards other blocs. It did almost feel like the treaty was in effect when NSO declared on a few alliances to defend former FB signatories, although its to bad NSO was the only who didn't jump sides.

For sticking it out so long fighting against those odds, NSO has already proven themselves a top notch alliance and an improvement over former Orders. In the past I've never liked the orders, although you guys proved to be both likable and capable of making tough choices.

Congrats on turning out be a top notch alliance with a high quality membership and good luck in furthering your success.

Edited by Methrage

We like having other alliances dislike us so they can begin to like us. It's perfectly sound illogical logics.

Frostbite was cool. I blame Sponge for going inactive and deleting, as he was a pretty cohesive figure in FB, or Londo, for his stupid alliance tech raid which made us each have to choose sides.

Its logical to have conflicts as it makes things more interesting and sometimes that means someone has to play the "villain" by causing conflict and escalation. GOONS does it the other way though where they have alliances or people dislike long enough and act in a manner so they can begin to really be hated by others.

I like the NSO / Terra Cotta sigs, they look good.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mathias' date='11 May 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1273638251' post='2295731']
Same. Terrible poll is terrible.
[/quote]

Agreed. There was no option that included both "yes" and "I love Krunk and these nation announcements". Otherwise, a completely fair poll.

Voted the not-NSO option. $%&@ those guys.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 April 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1272500525' post='2279086']
[color="#0000FF"]Frostbite was never a cohesive political force. Sure it had potential, but due in part to Polar refusing to take a leading role it was not going to work. NSO, as good as it is, had no way to control the more passive STA. Polar could have. Never did work, however. Yet another reason why Sponge was always the best emperor.

Anyway, I think I have made clear my thoughts on the NSO.[/color]
[/quote]

Rebel Virginia is a beacon of light in an otherwise dark world.