Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='ktarthan' date='24 April 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1272148538' post='2273436']
First the actions of the single man have to be valid. We have already shown they are not, with no significant rebuttal.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]As far as I am concerned his actions are valid. Who are you to decide what is and what is not valid?[/color]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1272152532' post='2273505']
[color="#0000FF"]As far as I am concerned his actions are valid. Who are you to decide what is and what is not valid?[/color]
[/quote]
I will be sure to aid anyone who declares war on you in the future since you're cool with it.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1272152532' post='2273505']
[/quote]
Like I said, "no significant rebuttal". You just refuted your own statement, as you yourself have no specific authority on the validity of the situation - only your opinion. But don't let your lack of valid arguments stop you from attempting to argue with us anyways.

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#800080"]Oh bugger this for a game of soldiers...

I hereby give formal notice on behalf of The Moralest Front of proclaiming kanly (it is a burkaninja thing) on "The Citadel", FAIL, and what ever sordid ramshackle organisation that Nintenderek character belongs to, from here unto perpetuity (or boredom, also known as attrition).

You have displeased me for the last time, gentlebeings. It is now war to the knife, and the knife to the hilt (I include this for Monsignor Bubba's behalf, he seems interested in these things).

PS Tech Deal me please[/color] :buddy:[/font]

[quote name='ktarthan' date='24 April 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1272155079' post='2273546']
Like I said, "no significant rebuttal". You just refuted your own statement, as you yourself have no specific authority on the validity of the situation - only your opinion. But don't let your lack of valid arguments stop you from attempting to argue with us anyways.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yet you seem quite convinced that you can proclaim your actions and assertions as valid. I disagree. Methrage is not a rogue and therefore the sanction is invalid. Now my opinion alone is not enough, as it requires a community consensus which there is not. So as you can see, most people seem to feel as I do that you are wrong here. I am merely the mouthpiece of the silent majority, and you cannot outright reject the feelings and opinions of those people. So you might as well end this illegal war against Methrage before people tire of your antics and decide they've had enough of your abuse.

And Louisa, what on Earth are you talking about?[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

I'm going to take this one slowly.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1272157613' post='2273576'][color="#0000FF"]Yet you seem quite convinced that you can proclaim your actions and assertions as valid. I disagree.
[/color][/quote]
I was simply pointing out how ridiculous it is for you to claim that Methrage's actions are valid because I do not have the authority as an individual to claim they are invalid. That whole line of thought is cyclical and thus irrelevant.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1272157613' post='2273576'][color="#0000FF"]Methrage is not a rogue and therefore the sanction is invalid.
[/color][/quote]
You don't recognize the concept of a rogue, so this is irrelevant.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1272157613' post='2273576'][color="#0000FF"]Now my opinion alone is not enough, as it requires a community consensus which there is not.
[/color][/quote]
I agree. There is not a 100% consensus one way or the other. This does not lend your argument any weight.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1272157613' post='2273576'][color="#0000FF"]So as you can see, most people seem to feel as I do that you are wrong here.
[/color][/quote]
No I can not see. In fact, I took a sampling of the opinions of this thread and it came out as an overwhelming majority in favor of GOONS.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1272157613' post='2273576'][color="#0000FF"]I am merely the mouthpiece of the silent majority, and you cannot outright reject the feelings and opinions of those people.
[/color][/quote]
My silent majority is way bigger than your silent majority. How can you ignore [i]their[/i] feelings and opinions?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1272157613' post='2273576'][color="#0000FF"]So you might as well end this illegal war against Methrage...
[/color]
[/quote]
Our war is valid, and not the topic of discussion.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1272157613' post='2273576'][color="#0000FF"]...before people tire of your antics and decide they've had enough of your abuse.
[/color]
[/quote]
Who are these "people", and how does our war against Methrage constitute as abuse against them?

I really hate to give this much attention to the things you say, because really it's just likely to coax you to say even more things, but I really felt like illustrating just how empty everything you say is. There is [i]literally zero[/i] substance in that entire post. You are [i]literally[/i] wasting electricity as well as doing disservice to the English language by using so many words without adding a single thing to the conversation.

Edit: Formatting.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='25 April 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1272157613' post='2273576']
[color="#0000FF"]And Louisa, what on Earth are you talking about?[/color]
[/quote]

<:((>
[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#800080"]I see. So much for your bluster, I guess.

Well, luckily for you I am not vindictive; in fact I am rather accomodating. So my terms are simple and fair: retract your support of Methrage and you can have White Peace. You do not even need to concede defeat at the hands of my mighty forces. After all, you are not one of the main offenders in this matter, and I will accept that you may have been temporarily deluded from exhaustion (this has been a tiring affair for us all) and so have been arguing from a sense of misguided judgement.

I await your response.

(Do not take too long -- the private channels are swarming with support of my cause.)[/color][/font]

[quote name='Sardonic' date='24 April 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1272141563' post='2273323']
See the thing is we're not at war with methrage
[/quote]
Uhhh.... lolwut?

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=164581&Extended=1

I take it that this means that Hidraca, Xodiaen and blacklabel are acting independently of GOONS leadership, and aren't under orders of any kind.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 April 2010 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1272287555' post='2275933']
Uhhh.... lolwut?

I take it that this means that Hidraca, Xodiaen and blacklabel are acting independently of GOONS leadership, and aren't under orders of any kind.
[/quote]
Uhhh.... what?

I take it that this means you didn't read anything past what you quoted? The rest of the post answers your question.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 April 2010 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1272287555' post='2275933']
Uhhh.... lolwut?

[/quote]
Are you a lout? As ktarthan said, the rest of the post you apparently couldn't finish before you mashed quote explains what I meant by this.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 April 2010 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1272287555' post='2275933']
Uhhh.... lolwut?

[/quote]

states of war are things that one alliance recognizes against another.

To grant Methrage the recognition of a state of war would be to give him too much credit.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 April 2010 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1272287555' post='2275933']
Uninformed mumbles.
[/quote]

As my note clearly states, I am not finished dealing with a pesky know-it-all Rogue. (What was here before edit was my own Uniformed mumbles.)

Edited by Hidraca

[quote name='Hidraca' date='26 April 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1272299214' post='2276086']
As my note clearly states, I am not finished dealing a pesky know-it-all Rogue. Mister Rogue even moved to a different AA. What is s/he/it trying to do? This is not Three Card Monty. Can't hide the rouge with a lot of quick non-flashy moves.
[/quote]
Considering I announced the name change in alliance announcements, I don't see that as hiding.

[quote name='Methrage' date='26 April 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1272301377' post='2276131']
Considering I announced the name change in alliance announcements, I don't see that as hiding.
[/quote]
So you don't deny that you are, indeed, a rogue?

[quote name='Lamuella' date='26 April 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1272294135' post='2276001']
states of war are things that one alliance recognizes against another.
[/quote]
No, they're not.

You're in a state of war when you declare war on a nation. The phrase you're going for is "alliance war." An alliance war is a specific type of war where two alliances fight. It is called that to distinguish it from other types of wars, such as rogue wars and tech raids.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 April 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1272303331' post='2276157']
No, they're not.

You're in a state of war when you declare war on a nation. The phrase you're going for is "alliance war." An alliance war is a specific type of war where two alliances fight. It is called that to distinguish it from other types of wars, such as rogue wars and tech raids.
[/quote]
Okay, so you decided to split hairs about the interpretation of a statement when you already knew the intent of said statement, and post a cheeky reply instead of trying to be informative or even useful in any way. Thanks for your positive contribution to this thread.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='26 April 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1272302627' post='2276145']
So you don't deny that you are, indeed, a rogue?
[/quote]
I'm not a rogue and all my wars with GOONS have been defensive.

Currently Nexus has 7 members, 115,022 Total NS, and 16,432 Avg NS. I think that's bigger than some of the alliances in NOIR or how big some of them used to be at least.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='26 April 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1272308097' post='2276210']
I'm not a rogue and all my wars with GOONS have been defensive.

Currently Nexus has 7 members, 115,022 Total NS, and 16,432 Avg NS. I think that's bigger than some of the alliances in NOIR or how big some of them used to be at least.
[/quote]
You were not deemed a rogue for your wars.

And why do you think the current state of your alliance matters in this situation?

[quote name='ktarthan' date='26 April 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1272308201' post='2276213']
You were not deemed a rogue for your wars.

And why do you think the current state of your alliance matters in this situation?
[/quote]
Almost everyone on this forum is rogue if just saying stuff that might provoke an alliance to attack you makes you a rogue.

Edit: I'll admit I pretty much invited you guys attack since I was bored and you guys were also provoking me, although the sanction was unexpected. Also with the sanctions it wasn't unexpected that GOONS would ask for them, but I wasn't expecting Umbrella to do it who I had supported for black senate till then.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='26 April 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1272308279' post='2276215']
Almost everyone on this forum is rogue if just saying stuff that might provoke an alliance to attack you makes you a rogue.
[/quote]
That's not what you were declared a rogue for either.

Come [b]on[/b] man, you were there. You should know this!

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' date='26 April 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1272308341' post='2276218']
That's not what you were declared a rogue for either.

Come [b]on[/b] man, you were there. You should know this!
[/quote]
I had more than one member when I sent the aid. I sent the aid to an alliance mate under attack, not something worthy of a sanction in my opinion.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='26 April 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1272308581' post='2276223']
I had more than one member when I sent the aid. I sent the aid to an alliance mate under attack, not something worthy of a sanction in my opinion.
[/quote]
You acted as an independant entity with the deliberate intention of harming GOONS. Your "alliance mate" was a defector from CSA, and you specifically admitted it was to be used to help in the war against GOONS. How can any nation in these circumstances not be considered a rogue?

[quote name='ktarthan' date='26 April 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1272303991' post='2276166']
Okay, so you decided to split hairs about the interpretation of a statement when you already knew the intent of said statement, and post a cheeky reply instead of trying to be informative or even useful in any way. Thanks for your positive contribution to this thread.
[/quote]
I'm sorry that you think I was splitting hairs. Wording is important, and making up words kind of defeats the whole purpose of talking to people. Otherwise I would simply say "Snickerdoodles are awesome!" and then define all of the world in terms of its relationship to snickerdoodles.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 April 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1272309923' post='2276243']
I'm sorry that you think I was splitting hairs. Wording is important, and making up words kind of defeats the whole purpose of talking to people. Otherwise I would simply say "Snickerdoodles are awesome!" and then define all of the world in terms of its relationship to snickerdoodles.
[/quote]

"'War' is a made up word." - Haflinger, 4-26-10

Jeez buddy ever hear of a thing called context? Please contribute more to the discussion, I find your thoughts and ideas to be fascinating.

Edited by magicmountain