Something to consider..

Captain Enema

The sheer implausibility of half our Role play stuns the mind. I'm currently rping a renegade nation of bubbas in my own backyard. Important to note my backyard is Sudan.

I support the premise that people are freely allowed to rp whatever they want in terms of population in their new countries. However, the idea that a minority population can waltz right in unresisted bothers me. People do not just throw up their arms and say, "Hallelujah for we are delivered! The Germans are here! Yippeeee!"

I think we need to consider two options:

1) When rping these "imperialist swine dog" take overs we include an element of friction into our rp for the sake of the story.

2) We consider allowing outside role players onto the scene to role play an insurgent force with a preplanned story that works out well for everyone in the end.

Just something to think about and discuss, flame on.
:lol1:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be cool with this...it'll make the RP much more interesting and it makes sense. A lot of people I hear telling me how boring CNRP has gotten over the past few months, and I've been hearing that for the past few months. Mainly because there isn't a lot of action RP. This would be exactly what could bring people back into the fold, test their war RP, etc. Yeah, I think it'd be fun.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='25 March 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1269561320' post='2236735']
I'm also sober for a change, definite correlation of events I assure you.
[/quote]
You, sober? :blink: wow...

In any case, ya, people need to RP more friction when they take over new land...

That would be nice, but it is a real bother for some. Like me. I do like stories, writing stories, planning stories, etc but how can I tell what people are in that land? Moreover, it is (figuratively) "my" nation now and I can do whatever I wish with the population. It would add realism, sure, but this is CNRP. Its barely even realistic for another population to come out of nowhere and claim some land while there are people on it, especially when that population may have had the best technology in the world & logically would fight against the oppressors with those weapons.

Again, it would be nice to RP doing something to the local population so you can have your own people there. But, so long as this does not become a rule/generally accepted standard (aka unofficial penalization for not starting your nation like this) for all roleplayer's in CNRP, it would be adding another unnecessary step to making a nation. I'm not against the person doing it, they can do it by all means; so long as it isn't mandatory.

[quote name='Karl Martin' date='25 March 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1269577432' post='2237025']
Is that a hit on me?
[/quote]
Don't be so paranoid.

The fact is, multiple CNRP nations have had Germans suddenly rise to power as soon as the nation is created, when the area in question, logically, shouldn't have many Germans in it.

I agree though, if you're going to RP as a certain ethnic group then there should be a reasonable RP before you proclaim said ethnic group as the all power rulers of your nation showing why and how that ethnic group was able to rise to power, that or you RP a rebellion or friction, because one minor ethnicity is above all others.

Edited by Yawoo

[quote name='Yawoo' date='25 March 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1269578787' post='2237045']
Don't be so paranoid.[/quote]

I've had several people send me PMs asking me why I was "sucking up to the Germans". It was hard to swallow, since I am only going by what most of the past Rps have said: Most of eastern France had been under occupation of several German nations in the past.

More of a dig at that guy named Apollo who tried to set up the 38393th Reich in Northern Africa. Everyone tripped over themselves to protect the guy and his nation whilst I was slagging him off the best I can. The only thing I can say about your German Reich in France is at least it is on the same continent as Germany.

I'd still consider the flavor of the culture you are rping though, German occupation or not. As historical trends show German occupations didn't exactly endear the local French to the German occupiers.

Just a thought is all.

AS for this being a rule?

No...

We have too many rules as is. It is just something to consider to make your RP more interesting and such.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='26 March 2010 - 08:37 AM' timestamp='1269607026' post='2237269']
More of a dig at that guy named Apollo who tried to set up the 38393th Reich in Northern Africa. Everyone tripped over themselves to protect the guy and his nation whilst I was slagging him off the best I can. The only thing I can say about your German Reich in France is at least it is on the same continent as Germany.

I'd still consider the flavor of the culture you are rping though, German occupation or not. As historical trends show German occupations didn't exactly endear the local French to the German occupiers.

Just a thought is all.

AS for this being a rule?

No...

We have too many rules as is. It is just something to consider to make your RP more interesting and such.
[/quote]

I was one of those trip-uppers!

While I do agree to your proposal... If the land's white, clean slate.

Not that simple though.. How do you wipe away the timeline behind the white slate? I mean you can if you want.. it just doesn't make much sense to me to have an eruption of Swiss in the middle of Brazil. Perhaps if you claimed the original occupants were killed off by plague or something that might make sense.

I don't know, really. When I used to give my protectorates out, I gave three simple rules that were the same thing:

1. You will RP the people that have been RP'd there in the past as existing there now.
2. You will not be a fascist/authoritarian government [b]at first[/b].
3. Return the land to me, not to somebody else if you leave (this was mainly done so that they didn't leave land in the hands of like Tahoe or Promised Land or some !@#$%^&*).

I warned them that as it was my protectorate and I RP the governance of protectorates, it would be exceedingly illogical and improbable for there to be a non-native government, as we ensure that natives are given rights to lead themselves. Further, fascism/authoritarian governments are strongly disliked by my people and thus by extension the governance, who would more likely than not crack down on it beforehand. Finally, I explained that there would be IC consequences if I found out that they did X or Y, not because I don't want them playing as Germans in Africa but because my government would see it as a colony, etc. etc.

Pretty much, what I'm trying to say is that I told whoever wanted the protectorate that they'd need to do it realistically or face IC, not OOC, consequences. If they told me they wanted to do a fascist government later on, I never denied them - just told them that they were given a fair warning as to what my IC leanings are.

The free game rule was put in place because we had a LOT more white land a long time ago (you probably know that) and because we had more players going in and out, it was just easier to let them whitewash whatever history was there beforehand. It was just easier.

[quote name='Sargun' date='27 March 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1269699003' post='2238268']
The free game rule was put in place because we had a LOT more white land a long time ago (you probably know that) and because we had more players going in and out, it was just easier to let them whitewash whatever history was there beforehand. It was just easier.
[/quote]

Yup. But again, if that rule's changed, there really should have been an announcement.

As for going in and out, wait until summer starts.

[quote name='Sargun' date='26 March 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1269664232' post='2238076']
I don't know, really. When I used to give my protectorates out, I gave three simple rules that were the same thing:

1. You will RP the people that have been RP'd there in the past as existing there now.
2. You will not be a fascist/authoritarian government [b]at first[/b].
[b]3. Return the land to me, not to somebody else if you leave (this was mainly done so that they didn't leave land in the hands of like Tahoe or Promised Land or some !@#$%^&*).[/b]

I warned them that as it was my protectorate and I RP the governance of protectorates, it would be exceedingly illogical and improbable for there to be a non-native government, as we ensure that natives are given rights to lead themselves. Further, fascism/authoritarian governments are strongly disliked by my people and thus by extension the governance, who would more likely than not crack down on it beforehand. Finally, I explained that there would be IC consequences if I found out that they did X or Y, not because I don't want them playing as Germans in Africa but because my government would see it as a colony, etc. etc.

Pretty much, what I'm trying to say is that I told whoever wanted the protectorate that they'd need to do it realistically or face IC, not OOC, consequences. If they told me they wanted to do a fascist government later on, I never denied them - just told them that they were given a fair warning as to what my IC leanings are.
[/quote]
Why anyone in Africa would have WANTED to leave their land to me would be a mystery to me...