The End

Iotupa

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Smooth' date='22 March 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1269213277' post='2232499']
Hey, these forums are perfect for airing out dirty laundry and grudges.

How about you all knock it off?
[size="1](You know who you are)[/size]
[/quote]A wise man once said "Obey!"

[quote name='DerekJones' date='21 March 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1269212991' post='2232492']
I'll await the day that this new Grand Global Alliance does something meaningful instead of just repeating an already-existing principle for an issue long-since resolved.
[/quote]
I'll await the day that you stop following us around everywhere we go and complain about every little thing we do, my dear (slightly creepy) fellow. :awesome:

It isn't as though you have any say in our policies anyway.

With all due respect dementual instead of diving into the trenches with the "GGA v.s Critics (or even less flattering names)" attitude you should look at some of the advice given here.

With a few exceptions those who criticize actually wish the best for the GGA [i]and / or[/i] have walked several miles in the shoes the current GGA gov is trying to fill.
Take the advice and make the GGA prosper again or be stubborn and watch the GGA decline even further.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1269216234' post='2232556']
With all due respect dementual instead of diving into the trenches with the "GGA v.s Critics (or even less flattering names)" attitude you should look at some of the advice given here.
[/quote]
With all due respect, andre27, you're here to insult us for signing a blanket NAP with Green. Think about that for a second.

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1269216234' post='2232556']

With a few exceptions those who criticize actually wish the best for the GGA [i]and / or[/i] have walked several miles in the shoes the current GGA gov is trying to fill.
Take the advice and make the GGA prosper again or be stubborn and watch the GGA decline even further.
[/quote]
Then fire me a PM. Visit us on IRC. Pay us even the smallest sliver of respect (not just you, Andre, but the others who know who they are). Stop trying to make us look stupid because we did something that wasn't completely earthshaking in a positive manner. Feel free to tell others to stop trying to cast everything we do as the worst thing we could possibly do. I'd have loved it if people who thought they had ways to fix things had stuck around, but that ship has sailed. All I can ask now is that instead of creating a big fuss over everything we do, you let us actually do our jobs (which, yes, include keeping an eye on GGA threads on these forums - to ignore them would be foolish at best, horribly incompetent at worst.)

[quote name='Dementual' date='21 March 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1269215469' post='2232537']
I'll await the day that you stop following us around everywhere we go and complain about every little thing we do, my dear (slightly creepy) fellow. :awesome:

It isn't as though you have any say in our policies anyway.
[/quote]

Ignoring the fact that this entire policy is probably in response to the revelation that your new Sovereign was apathetic towards the green team genocide, do you ever actually partake in intelligent debate? Or are you just an assembly line of one-liners?

[quote name='DerekJones' date='21 March 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1269217548' post='2232572']
Ignoring the fact that this entire policy is probably in response to the revelation that your new Sovereign was apathetic towards the green team genocide, do you ever actually partake in intelligent debate? Or are you just an assembly line of one-liners?
[/quote]
Actually this entire policy is in response to the fact that [i]we like the green team[/i]. You're here to complain about us making a policy towards the green team.

And sometimes, Derek, you don't need more than one line to respond to a person. I know, getting straight to the point is a foreign concept, but it's something you'll need to get used to if you're planning on following me around even longer.

[quote name='Dementual' date='22 March 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1269217187' post='2232567']
With all due respect, andre27, you're here to insult us for signing a blanket NAP with Green. Think about that for a second.
[/quote]

Which would not be necessary if you had not removed the blanket NAP from the GGA charter. Think about [i]that[/i] for a second or better yet think about it a lot.

@ Roy Mustang: If you feel that questioning the need for or reasoning behind the announcement is "trying to make you look stupid" then i point you to this post:

[quote]

With a few exceptions those who criticize actually wish the best for the GGA and / or have walked several miles in the shoes the current GGA gov is trying to fill.
Take the advice and make the GGA prosper again or be stubborn and watch the GGA decline even further.[/quote]

Do not forget that you set your own high standard by removing the previous GGA government and making claims you could do better. You chose to step into the spotlight and now you complain when the attention you graved and now get is not all hails and positive? There is certainly constructive advice in this topic so use it.

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1269218278' post='2232586']
Which would not be necessary if you had not removed the blanket NAP from the GGA charter. Think about [i]that[/i] for a second or better yet think about it a lot.
[/quote]

Yep, that was clearly working effectively.

Good policy, GGA, congrats. Also, :wub: Dementual.

Edited by MTTezla

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1269218278' post='2232586']
@ Roy Mustang: If you feel that questioning the need for or reasoning behind the announcement is "trying to make you look stupid" then i point you to this post:

Do not forget that you set your own high standard by removing the previous GGA government and making claims you could do better. You chose to step into the spotlight and now you complain when the attention you graved and now get is not all hails and positive? There is certainly constructive advice in this topic so use it.
[/quote]
I have no problem with the question being asked once or twice. I have a problem being asked three or four times per page of the thread, even after it's been answered multiple times. After a point, the question isn't being asked out of legitimate criticism but out of a desire to make us look stupid.

I'm fully aware we've set a high standard, and I happen to think we're living up to that standard right now.
Again, about the criticism, I think it'd serve everyone better if it wasn't posted publicly... only leads to the critic being attacked, as you've seen, and leads to us trying to walk an increasingly narrow line.

Find a replacement ambassador to Phoenix Rising (i was the last GGA ambassador there) and these tips can be discussed in a more private setting without the hassle of timezones.

Edit: fired a PM your way with a more detailed explanation.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1269219088' post='2232602']
Find a replacement ambassador to Phoenix Rising (i was the last GGA ambassador there) and these tips can be discussed in a more private setting without the hassle of timezones.
[/quote]
It seems more like you're the one with the concerns, so how about you head on over to [i]our[/i] embassy if you wish to discuss them.

I'm not going to approach you about your concerns because, I seriously don't care at all. I personally feel we're doing alright.

Edited by Dementual

[quote name='Sognatore' date='21 March 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1269221339' post='2232641']
You were already doing this.
You're a member of UJA. The treaty states all of that already. The original founders of it made sure to do so, but it's nice to know that you're the one making sure things on green are okay again o_O
[/quote]

Please read the treaty again. As a (EDIT: former) (EDIT EDIT: current?) leader of a signatory alliance, you should know what it says. It specifically says non-aggression is only applicable to member alliances.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

You've got to be kidding me. You think that wasn't the idea when it was written?! Hello! There were people in GGA working towards trying to make things better, but it makes no difference talking to you people. You see anyone before you as doing nothing right. Obviously, we were all idiots.

I have to say, I expected a disbandment too.

Not entirely sure what exactly this doctrine changes, mind you.
Any idea GGA might have had prior to this about dominating Green would have been misleading at best, completely idiotic at worst.

[quote name='Sognatore' date='21 March 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1269221922' post='2232650']
You've got to be kidding me. You think that wasn't the idea when it was written?! Hello! There were people in GGA working towards trying to make things better, but it makes no difference talking to you people. You see anyone before you as doing nothing right. Obviously, we were all idiots.
[/quote]

I'm not sure where you are getting that from, as all I said was that you should read the document.

What GGA did was incredibly wrong and I was personally affected by it. Funny thing was, GGA failed and had to rely on the NPO to shift their political weight. Was pretty pathetic even knowing that their closest allies were calling them idiots for their green policy.

You couped the government. That pretty much says it all. How about instead of posting ridiculous announcements that don't matter you actually do what you said you were going to do and fix GGA? You decline in membership everyday. You used to be good at getting things done (I know a compliment. Don't faint from surprise).

[quote name='Sognatore' date='22 March 2010 - 03:15 AM' timestamp='1269224103' post='2232682']
You couped the government. That pretty much says it all. How about instead of posting ridiculous announcements that don't matter you actually do what you said you were going to do and fix GGA? You decline in membership everyday. You used to be good at getting things done (I know a compliment. Don't faint from surprise).
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think GGA's main problem was ever a lack of membership. If we judged alliances by how many memebers they had then some of your most respected alliances would no longer be respected. I think the whole point of the announcement (correct me if I am wrong JB) was to show GGA would be reaching out to those on the green sphere in their long road of repairing their foreign policy. Why a simple announcement gets so many haters is beyond me though.