Accepting the Consequenses of War

TonytheTiger

When faced with back breaking reps vs continuation of conflict  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TOP is never going to be what it was after this monumental blunder, and their intransigence and unwillingness to see reason may--very soon--lead to their ultimate destruction and the end of TOP as a power in Cybernations. Far be it from me, somebody who's alliance's destruction TOP has sought for quite some time now, to suggest an outcome that won't lead to the neutralization of yet another threat to Spartan interests but... SURRENDER. For the love of god, have you no common sense? We're not going to stop fighting you just because you swear to dig in for the long haul, we're going to keep tearing your alliance apart one nation at a time. We've given you a chance to tap out here, it is unbelievable folly to keep refusing to negotiate. At least IRON is still willing to see reason in this, or at least they're reasonable enough not to insult us during a peace summit and then storm out screaming 'eternal war'.

Do yourself a favour, because right now you're doing us one.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for reps, Lord Curzon put it well. this isnt about rebuilding CnG to pre-war status because there's just no way to extract that much from titty-whatever the name is. this is about paying for what titty did and i have to admit, my chest swells with pride when i read the BAWWWWIIIING here on the OWF about the damage done to CnG.

[quote name='uaciaut' date='15 March 2010 - 05:26 AM' timestamp='1268649089' post='2226212']
2. The "you're the new hegemony" attempt of PR labelling. Sorry we're not dumb enough to give you leeway into rebuilding and not turning the other cheek after you attack us as soon as you saw the chance of us being weakened. Would you like us to modify all our MDP's to say "does not activate if attacker is TOP and they have no CB" along with it or what?[/quote]

i see some still think it's all about hitting CnG.

[quote name='Voytek' date='16 March 2010 - 09:17 AM' timestamp='1268749366' post='2227282']
As things stand the reps being asked add up to about 60% (I think) of the tech damage caused by TOPRON's [b]aggressive, pre-emptive war.[/b] This is tech damage alone, mind.
[/quote]

yes, after 50 days of war, it hasnt changed. i understand why your side feels the need to constantly point it out but damn.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='16 March 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1268783398' post='2227764']
At least IRON is still willing to see reason in this, or at least they're reasonable enough not to insult us during a peace summit and then storm out screaming 'eternal war'.
[/quote]

they're not the only ones guilty of it.

Edited by President Sitruk

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='16 March 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1268783398' post='2227764']
somebody who's alliance's destruction TOP has sought for quite some time now, to suggest an outcome that won't lead to the neutralization of yet another threat to Spartan interests but... SURRENDER.
[/quote]

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='16 March 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1268784223' post='2227775']
What a crock of unsubstantiated !@#$.
[/quote]

Wait Umar... you didn't get the memo? This WHOLE thing was about Sparta. TOP preempted CnG just to make Sparta declare in defense, to "destroy them".

Also, Olaf you wanna talk about "paranoia"? It seems you need look farther than a mirror.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='16 March 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1268783398' post='2227764']
TOP is never going to be what it was after this monumental blunder, and their intransigence and unwillingness to see reason may--very soon--lead to their ultimate destruction and the end of TOP as a power in Cybernations. Far be it from me, somebody who's alliance's destruction TOP has sought for quite some time now, to suggest an outcome that won't lead to the neutralization of yet another threat to Spartan interests but... SURRENDER. For the love of god, have you no common sense? We're not going to stop fighting you just because you swear to dig in for the long haul, we're going to keep tearing your alliance apart one nation at a time. We've given you a chance to tap out here, it is unbelievable folly to keep refusing to negotiate. At least IRON is still willing to see reason in this, or at least they're reasonable enough not to insult us during a peace summit and then storm out screaming 'eternal war'.

[/quote]

Not laughed so much for a long time. Thanks Olaf - do you write your own material? :)

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='16 March 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1268784838' post='2227785']
Wait Umar... you didn't get the memo? This WHOLE thing was about Sparta. TOP preempted CnG just to make Sparta declare in defense, to "destroy them".
[/quote]

Hey, if you guys can say (and believe it when you do) that Athens going against TPF was actually a plot to get at IRON, then I'm sure this guy can say that.

[quote name='Trace' date='17 March 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1268786483' post='2227814']
Hey, if you guys can say (and believe it when you do) that Athens going against TPF was actually a plot to get at IRON, then I'm sure this guy can say that.
[/quote]

Not really. If you attack a treaty partner of IRON, TOP, MK, NpO, FARK, or any other alliance that is a major CN player, it is logical to think that it could be a plot to get at that alliance. I don't think anyone would plot to kill a joke of an alliance that is full of dead weight like Sparta.
And even if they did they wouldn't attack CnG to get at them.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='16 March 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1268788929' post='2227849']
Not really. If you attack a treaty partner of IRON, TOP, MK, NpO, FARK, or any other alliance that is a major CN player, it is logical to think that it could be a plot to get at that alliance. I don't think anyone would plot to kill a joke of an alliance that is full of dead weight like Sparta.
And even if they did they wouldn't attack CnG to get at them.
[/quote]

This post pretty much sums up the paranoia that is getting you killed right now. Congratulations on mastering it.

[quote name='Trace' date='16 March 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1268786483' post='2227814']
[/quote]

I mean if you really think they're equal, fine, make that argument. Unfortunately, people don't care enough about Sparta to be paranoid about them.

Edit: nicer

Edited by Lord Curzon

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='16 March 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1268791623' post='2227900']
I mean if you really think they're equal, fine, make that argument. Unfortunately, people don't care enough about Sparta to be paranoid about them.

Edit: nicer
[/quote]

You can 100% take that sentence, replace Sparta with Iron, and get our sides take on things.

[quote name='Trace' date='16 March 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1268792517' post='2227914']
You can 100% take that sentence, replace Sparta with Iron, and get our sides take on things.
[/quote]

If that is true, touché sir. Though i somehow doubt it is.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='16 March 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1268793265' post='2227923']
If that is true, touché sir. Though i somehow doubt it is.
[/quote]

It really is. That's not to say we didn't plan for Iron this war, but concerned about their validity as a threat? Not very.

[quote name='Trace' date='17 March 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1268793561' post='2227930']
It really is. That's not to say we didn't plan for Iron this war, but concerned about their validity as a threat? Not very.
[/quote]

I thought y'all were peacefully minding your business and were brutally and horribly jumped out of the blue in this war - not planning for IRON and other such things. We need to stick with the narrative you've been trying to establish here. :D

Personally, I'm quite sure that your planning was not for CnG to be fighting IRON in this war. ;) But, you've now shifted the argument to this war when the reference which drew Rush in was about the TPF war. Public call-outs to alliances tend to indicate that you're not wanting to exchange love and kisses to the alliance you're calling out. We had plenty of those in the TPF war - some quite lengthy in their appeal for a war and some which can't be dismissed as 'lulz'.

Not sure how that equates to Olaf's ramblings. Regards to the 'boys in black' though :)

I would urge both the leadership and membership of TOP not to accept any demands for reperations. Learn from the mistake of Pacifica, and reject the demands for indulgences. You might have made a mistake, but it would be far worse to compound that mistake and put your alliance into a state where rebuilding is extremely difficult for a period that would most likely last 6 months or more.

[quote name='Myzebedeeistaken' date='16 March 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1268796065' post='2227956']
I thought y'all were peacefully minding your business and were brutally and horribly jumped out of the blue in this war - not planning for IRON and other such things. We need to stick with the narrative you've been trying to establish here. :D
[/quote]

Planning for who was to hit them (after they hit us), as opposed to just leaving them alone to do their own thing cause we cared that little. :P

[quote name='Trace' date='17 March 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1268797310' post='2227970']
Planning for who was to hit them (after they hit us), as opposed to just leaving them alone to do their own thing cause we cared that little. :P
[/quote]

Darn it, I laughed :P

Smooth sir, smooth ;)

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='16 March 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1268783398' post='2227764']

[/quote]
I know you want to feel important because your one of the twenty two alliances that we are still at war with and I know this makes you feel big and strong but come off it. We wanted to destroy you? Why on earth would we seek the destruction of a mass member alliance who sucks at war and isn't a threat to anyone?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='16 March 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1268799434' post='2227996']
I know you want to feel important because your one of the twenty two alliances that we are still at war with and I know this makes you feel big and strong but come off it. We wanted to destroy you? Why on earth would we seek the destruction of a mass member alliance who sucks at war and isn't a threat to anyone?
[/quote]

You must be the next coming of Jesus Christ, for you have saved me from committing sin after reading two pages of pure trash.

I thank you, sir.

Your points here soundly resonate with the educated population of CN. We sincerely thank you.

[quote name='Hydro' date='16 March 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1268797239' post='2227969']
I would urge both the leadership and membership of TOP not to accept any demands for reperations. Learn from the mistake of Pacifica, and reject the demands for indulgences. You might have made a mistake, but it would be far worse to compound that mistake and put your alliance into a state where rebuilding is extremely difficult for a period that would most likely last 6 months or more.
[/quote]

Pacifica will shortly be the #1 alliance in the game once more (in terms of score at least). If they had continued fighting they would all either be in peace mode or bill lock (possibly both) and their membership would probably be a third of what it is now if not less. I fail to see how they made a mistake in accepting terms.

Unless you're referring to attacking Ordo Verde, which was indeed a mistake.