State of the Kingdom #2

[center][img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7991/flag2f.png[/img][/center]

It's the top of the month (OOC: At least where I am), and for Darkstar that means another release of a "State of the Kingdom" address. Now, I've been thinking for the past few days on what I'd talk about, and how I'd get those of you who're reading this announcement to, at the very least, be a bit interested in Darkstar. Now, I don't mean this in a recruitment value, but rather in a "hey, they're a cool alliance" way.

That said, some very cool things have happened in Darkstar in the past month for you to be able to think such a thought of us. We've gone up nearly 50K total NS, and we've gained more than 20 new members, bringing us to 35 members - more than a 50% increase in members. This is all thanks to our new Grand Keeper of Funds (2nd in command of IA), DrewJCraig. He has been instrumental in Darkstars rapid growth. Not only is he the best recruiter we have, but he also was the link that caused the Rapture Regime to merge into Darkstar.

In other news, Former Grand Chancellor SeasonsOfLove left Darkstar after our forums were hacked in the middle of February. Due to a plethora of reasons, SoL decided that he no longer wanted to be on Bob. I believe he's living out his days in solitude, waiting for Northern Virginia to come to an end. Because he decided to leave, I was forced, yet again, to rearrange the Government of Darkstar. The lineup is as follows:

High King: Lord of Destruction
Grand Chancellor: Necromancer V4L
Lord President of the Council: Tyler
Grand General: Teeters

The next time I make one of these addresses, I am aiming to also be announcing the High Council. I made the decision that once Darkstar reaches 50 members, we will elect the High Council that will run the daily Internal Affairs and do projects, as well as be the peoples say in Government decisions. I expect we'll reach that goal quite easily in the next month.

Necromancer V4L has proven himself to be a great asset to Darkstar by creating the [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkstarNewsNetwork]Darkstar News Network[/url]. Each week, he gives a short update on how Darkstar is doing, and it's goals for the coming months. If you're interested in keeping up with how Darkstar is doing each week, I suggest you watch the DNN. There will be varying content as the program grows, as well.

That said, I'd like to end this by encouraging everyone who read this announcement to come visit Darkstars forums, and our public IRC channel. Come open up an embassy on our forums and talk to us. I know some alliances have set standards such as "500k NS" or "you need X amount of members", but we here at Darkstar do not. And if you're from one of those alliances that do have those policies, we encourage you to come over even more, as we cannot yet open an embassy on your forums, but would still like to talk to you on an everyday basis as well.

Again, come visit us in #Darkstar @ Coldfront, or [url=http://atrumastrum.net]on our forums[/url] for a good time.

[i]- Lord of Destruction[/i]

[quote name='Choader' date='01 March 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1267421763' post='2209531']
Congratulations to the re-arranged government (Aside from Tyler)! Your growth since forming is impressive.
[/quote]

Agreed, no one likes Tyler. Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone.

I'd also like to plug the [url="http://www.youtube.com/darkstarnewsnetwork"]Darkstar News Network.[/url] Now, I know I'm not as talented as some of the other major networks, and I don't always cover everything 100%, but I do film it in full 720p High Definition. That's right, the leader of The Land of Eld, the last gunslinger of the white, Necromancer V4L in all of his High Definition glory. Try to contain yourself - I know you've been waiting for this moment all of your life.

And yes ladies, I am single.

If you'd like to contribute to the Darkstar News Network, send me a PM with your ideas, comments, or suggestions - I'm pretty 'open' to feedback, if you know what I mean.

o/ Darkstar

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='01 March 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1267465872' post='2210026']
Hm, SoL has been through similar and worse occurrences in his many years, I wonder what made this the tipping point.
[/quote]

OOC: I believe it was RL. He had been saying he was intending to quit anyway for a while beforehand.

[quote name='Cager' date='01 March 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1267466019' post='2210028']
Not even a mention of my promotion. What is this heresy.
[/quote]

I said I'd mention it next time :P

[quote name='New Frontier' date='01 March 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1267467325' post='2210039']
Congratulations to our friends in Darkstar.
[/quote]

Thank you very much :D

[quote name='Vilien' date='01 March 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1267474537' post='2210180']
It's always good to hear from you. Also, get Tyler out of government.
[/quote]

Heh... Tyler is great in gov, actually :v: