Question

kitex

[quote name='Canaris' date='01 March 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1267492130' post='2210566']
I meant here in CNRP. Sorry about the confusion.
[/quote]
No problem. But my point was also about more than just me. The community has some that resist change, but all in all, we do keep things about as fair as it is possible to be here.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Silhouette' date='01 March 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1267492595' post='2210576']
Sun Tzu also said that the ultimate victory is to defeat your enemies without fighting...
[/quote]

Touche.

[quote name='Arieg' date='01 March 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1267494578' post='2210615']
Sun Tzu clearly needed more Dakka.
[/quote]

Sun Tzu was obviously a neutral hippie, so he stayed in peace mode. Damn GPA for corrupting such a great military mind... damn them!

[quote name='Canaris' date='02 March 2010 - 05:44 AM' timestamp='1267489100' post='2210488']
I'm not even talking about nations, I'm talking about the influential players behind the nations. It's blatantly clear to me that you have constructed an environment crafted to your own tastes. There's nothing wrong with that. But the fact that you reject out of hand other ideas is very telling. You see my suggestion as a challenge, and have placed it beneath peer review. At least that's the way you've come across thus far. The only fair way to mitigate wars is to place the formulation of the rules into the hands of an objective third-party.

Also, I'm not up in arms about anything. I don't really care. I just noticed the ridiculous holes in the rules and initiated dialogue.
[/quote]

Mate, the rules may seem biased but in truth they are not. I too once had kind of the same view points as you have but then I realized that CNRP does function as a community and not just some individuals with unbridled power.

You can always campaign and try to bring changes to the guidelines, sometimes you become successful, sometimes you fail. It is just the rule of the game.

As Sargun said, CNRP is based on CN, hence the glitches in CN design would have to accommodated in some measure to CNRP. We can try to compensate but for that a community decision is needed. Just search for my threads to bring reforms in submarine numbers here and you will know.

[quote name='king of cochin' date='01 March 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1267507081' post='2210881']
Mate, the rules may seem biased but in truth they are not. I too once had kind of the same view points as you have but then I realized that CNRP does function as a community and not just some individuals with unbridled power.

You can always campaign and try to bring changes to the guidelines, sometimes you become successful, sometimes you fail. It is just the rule of the game.

As Sargun said, CNRP is based on CN, hence the glitches in CN design would have to accommodated in some measure to CNRP. We can try to compensate but for that a community decision is needed. Just search for my threads to bring reforms in submarine numbers here and you will know.
[/quote]
The irony in this post is that the submarine reforms was based on you wanting to expand your e-peen. :awesome:

[quote name='Sargun' date='02 March 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1267507158' post='2210882']
The irony in this post is that the submarine reforms was based on you wanting to expand your e-peen. :awesome:
[/quote]

Manifestly true, but still proves the point that it is still a community oriented game. I dont have much influence or OOC relations and friendships that others can boast but I managed to convey my view points.

Any one can do the same here, reason out your rationale and try for the change, rather than condemn it.Of course there are some rules that are more inflexible than others, but even they could be subject to change if the entire community agrees to it.

[quote name='Canaris' date='01 March 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1267484238' post='2210356']
Actually, it can be helped. I'm not talking about there being strong and weak nations, I'm talking about reality being bent to cater to the strong. Unless this is, unfortunately, just another board obsessed with their e-peens that I've stumbled into.
[/quote]

[b]Cybernations[/b] Role-Play if you cant live with taking ig stats for the rp you joined the wrong board.

[quote name='Arieg' date='02 March 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1267490248' post='2210521']
I also have yet to find anything about A-SAT capabilities.
[/quote]

Seeing as there is no way ig to destroy satellites we turned those down.

Edited by Centurius

[quote name='Centurius' date='02 March 2010 - 08:39 AM' timestamp='1267537360' post='2211246'][b]Cybernations[/b] Role-Play if you cant live with taking ig stats for the rp you joined the wrong board.[/quote]

Right, all this has already been covered, but this is a false statement. Not everything in CNRP is covered by IG rules or stats.

[quote name='Centurius' date='02 March 2010 - 08:39 AM' timestamp='1267537360' post='2211246']Seeing as there is no way ig to destroy satellites we turned those down.
[/quote]

Then it seems we've a debacle, observe:

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='01 March 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1267490410' post='2210529']A-SAT's are allowed.[/quote]

Who is correct in this matter?

See, I see this in particular as a matter of mutual RP. If I want to destroy someone's overhead satellite to get rid of their tactical advantage, and they agree, there is nothing saying I can't. Most of these guidlines exist so that you can't just say "LOL I USED MY A-SAT MISSILES NOW I WIN" or something to that effect...

[quote name='Canaris' date='02 March 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1267539138' post='2211258']
Right, all this has already been covered, but this is a false statement. Not everything in CNRP is covered by IG rules or stats
[/quote]

The important things such as soldiers, nukes and a defense system with 60% odds to block the nukes are ig, the non-ig things are loose wonders and population because they do not affect warfare.

[quote]Who is correct in this matter?[/quote]

Looking at precedents until pre-approved by the other warring party I am.

[quote name='Centurius' date='02 March 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1267544768' post='2211328']Looking at precedents until pre-approved by the other warring party I am.
[/quote]

So you speak for everyone? Or have I not seen some rule somewhere?

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='02 March 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1267549373' post='2211418']
Centurius was a GM at one point, so I believe he would know about this.
[/quote]

I was just asking if it was listed somewhere that I missed.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='02 March 2010 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1267549748' post='2211431']
To be honest, you came off a bit harsh on that. No, it's not listed because Centurius knows what he's talking about.
[/quote]

Someone should probably compile rules like this into a list, then, so everyone knows. It would avoid the kind of questions I'm bound to ask.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='02 March 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1267549748' post='2211431']
To be honest, you came off a bit harsh on that. No, it's not listed because Centurius knows what he's talking about.
[/quote]
Wrong. Cent doesn't know everything.

Anti-sat weaponry has been used extensively by Malatose, for example, and nobody complained. I for one am fully for using it, if not in excessive amounts such as firing [i]hundreds[/i] of missiles to kill a few satellites (especially Geostationary ones, which require a whole new type of rocket.)
And Wilding, it's not listed because there's no absolute and established concensus on the matter.

Regarding SDI: I'd love to allow A-SAT weaponry without forcing the SDI or missile-defense systems, as long as it's RPd well and nobody goes "lolol, I shoot all ur missls"

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='02 March 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1267550125' post='2211437']
The "rules" and guidelines are listed on the first page on the Map Thread.
[/quote]

And not a single mention of ASAT missiles or ABMs. Not even anything about SDIs. I'm going to be frank: this stuff should be in writing. Otherwise it's arbitrary and no one is on the same page.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='02 March 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1267549373' post='2211418']
[/quote]

Actually I wasn't and Lynneth I remember an ooc thread that made it obvious most didn't like the ability of ig satellites being shot down.

[quote name='Centurius' date='02 March 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1267552035' post='2211476']
Actually I wasn't and Lynneth I remember an ooc thread that made it obvious most didn't like the ability of ig satellites being shot down.
[/quote]
You have 5 IG satellites.
In CNRP, you likely have dozens of them. So, yeah, those not covered by IG can be shot down. The others are just, say, in geostationary orbit and good enough to provide you with info, anyways.

I remember the time when I first joined CNRP, and let me tell you, it has gotten a lot better.

Back then we had at least 2 people claiming Moscow as their capital, no map, people using giant flying mechs with laser swords, and more. Yes we have our arguments now, but the rules have really helped CNRP go from insanity to something we can discuss. Back when I first started, there was much less RL stuff. When I first RP'd as Russany, I had 300 troops, and since my tech wasn't high enough for tanks ingame, I RP'd having WWI-style armored cars.

As someone who has fought several wars in CNRP and never been one of the big strength players, I can assure everyone the rules don't favor the stronger nations. The community tends to support them when they want to do something, but the rules themselves are far from being the issue.

Canaris, thing ive found is if you dont act a sillywilly with what you want, and RP it properly, people dont generally get up in arms about it.
My old antion before i reolled had a missile shield, cold war era, and i dont have a single wonder IG.
If you dont play sillybeggers your fine.

Because I cant have IG nukes, I hvae stockpiles of biochemical WMD's, there are ways around stuff.

The rules are a ballache, yes, i peronally think 3/4 of them are stupid, BUT, ive also found myself releying on those 3/4 rules so i didnt get curbstomped for doing stuff i shouldnt have been. In the long run they are fine, everyone else gets along perfectly fine with them mate, and im gonna be blunt.

theyre not up for debate
deal with it.
Either join our esteemed comunity who have been patient and answered your questions whilst you still whine about them, or you dont.

You will find the rules to your advantage no matter what stage of the game your at.
and no, im not a major player either, i think all but 3/4 people in CNRP would beat me in a CNRP war.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='02 March 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1267549373' post='2211418']
[/quote]

So was Subtle.

[quote name='Lynneth' date='02 March 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1267550251' post='2211444']
Wrong. Cent doesn't know everything.

Anti-sat weaponry has been used extensively by Malatose, for example, and nobody complained. I for one am fully for using it, if not in excessive amounts such as firing [i]hundreds[/i] of missiles to kill a few satellites (especially Geostationary ones, which require a whole new type of rocket.)
And Wilding, it's not listed because there's no absolute and established concensus on the matter.

Regarding SDI: I'd love to allow A-SAT weaponry without forcing the SDI or missile-defense systems, as long as it's RPd well and nobody goes "lolol, I shoot all ur missls"
[/quote]

I am almost 100% certain that A-SAT technology is permissible, but even then, SDIs are untouchable.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='02 March 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1267554210' post='2211494']
I remember the time when I first joined CNRP, and let me tell you, it has gotten a lot better.[/quote]

Is that any reason to stop working to better it further?

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='02 March 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1267554210' post='2211494']Back then we had at least 2 people claiming Moscow as their capital, no map, people using giant flying mechs with laser swords, and more. Yes we have our arguments now, but the rules have really helped CNRP go from insanity to something we can discuss. Back when I first started, there was much less RL stuff. When I first RP'd as Russany, I had 300 troops, and since my tech wasn't high enough for tanks ingame, I RP'd having WWI-style armored cars.

As someone who has fought several wars in CNRP and never been one of the big strength players, I can assure everyone the rules don't favor the stronger nations. The community tends to support them when they want to do something, but the rules themselves are far from being the issue.
[/quote]

I already covered these points. It's not about size or strength.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='02 March 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1267555823' post='2211510']theyre not up for debate
deal with it.
Either join our esteemed comunity who have been patient and answered your questions whilst you still whine about them, or you dont.[/quote]

I've been led to believe they are up for comment, debate, and suggestion by the very same people who have 'been patient'. I haven't whined about a single thing; merely trying to fit in. If I'd been whining I would have been pimping my own nation in the process, crying about how it's unfair for me. Truth is, I don't care about my own nation, I care about the environment and understanding how it works, so save the internet tough guy act.

How can I whine about rules that don't exist in the first place?