Farkistan's Terms Fulfilled

[quote name='Cairna' date='26 February 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1267232632' post='2205599']
I had a beer last night. It was pretty good.

Terms fulfilled, you're welcome, FARK.
[/quote]

BAIASED ON A TRUE ASTORARY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an Imported Belgium Premium Lager called Stella Artois earlier today when dropping by the gas station while getting menthol cigarettes, although I also ended up buying 6 packs of filtered cigars since they had a 2 for $2 special (Peach, Cherry, Menthol, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Grape). I payed the extra money for an import because amercian beer sucks and I haven't tried this one before, but I'll be enjoying it as I launch devastating attacks on my enemies as they hit me back, not while writing a review.

However after Fark is at peace with all the alliances they are currently at war with I might make a review of one of these if they are good and I feel like it, not because its a surrender condition. I would only write a beer review if I was doing it for fun or getting paid, not due to the threat of force against my invincible nation. Making the review isn't fun if that means being neutral the rest of the war in my opinion, especially when a treaty partner is locked into war for an indefinite amount of time.

If the beer review thing is meant as reconciliation after war as some Fark members have told me and not surrender, then any beer review I think should come after the fighting ends and whoever Fark is fighting wants to write a review for them as a gesture of good will. If its forced it has no positive meaning behind it beyond showing that you won.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='26 February 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1267228385' post='2205523']
Yeah, I was definitely talking about your contribution.
[/quote]
You sound concerned.

Also, if going to war with Fark means I have to drink a new type of beer and review it, then I will declare right now.

[quote name='Methrage' date='26 February 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1267234681' post='2205647']
If the beer review thing is meant as reconciliation after war as some Fark members have told me and not surrender, then any beer review I think should come after the fighting ends and whoever Fark is fighting wants to write a review for them as a gesture of good will. If its forced it has no positive meaning behind it beyond showing that you won.
[/quote]

Oh, come on, they did a review as well. It was a term we all agreed to, there was no surrender, and no humiliation unless you take yourself that seriously.

[quote name='Stetson' date='26 February 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1267235536' post='2205661']
Oh, come on, they did a review as well. It was a term we all agreed to, there was no surrender, and no humiliation unless you take yourself that seriously.
[/quote]

Fark takes it pretty seriously, since they're unwilling to waive the term. Pretty much any respect I once had for them, stemming back to their struggle against lolgoonies, has dissipated. Pathetic.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='26 February 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1267237832' post='2205705']
Fark takes it pretty seriously, since they're unwilling to waive the term. Pretty much any respect I once had for them, stemming back to their struggle against lolgoonies, has dissipated. Pathetic.
[/quote]

Beer Review or Viceroy....Beer Review or ban from government......Beer Review or change colors.....you know what? In ever single one of those I would chose a beer review. And I don't even drink beer. Your faux outrage is quite hilarious.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='26 February 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1267237832' post='2205705']
[/quote]

I am sure Fark will cry themselves to sleep at night knowing they've lost the respect of Tela.

Besides, the beer review is no longer on the table to my knowledge.

[quote name='AirMe' date='26 February 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1267238002' post='2205709']
Beer Review or Viceroy....Beer Review or ban from government......Beer Review or change colors.....you know what? In ever single one of those I would chose a beer review. And I don't even drink beer. Your faux outrage is quite hilarious.
[/quote]

Nice job there, logic boy. Just because one thing is extremely bad, doesn't make everything else super awesome and great.

Let's try another analogy.

"Cut my leg off with a rusty bread knife" or "Decapitation" ........ Hmm. I think in every instance, I'd choose the first option. Isn't that amazing?! Wow!

Logic: It's not for the faint of heart.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='27 February 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1267238361' post='2205715']
Nice job there, logic boy. Just because one thing is extremely bad, doesn't make everything else super awesome and great.

"Cut my leg off with a rusty bread knife" or "Decapitation" ........ Hmm. I think in every instance, I'd choose the first option. Isn't that amazing?! Wow!

[/quote]

No reasonable person could possibly find a beer review to be in the least bit severe. No matter what someone's opinion is on how it may or may not effect their personal feelings, it will never change the fact that the term, by itself, is nothing even close to severe, wrong, extreme, heavy handed, imposing, intrusive, or anything of the sort. The "emotional" effect that it may have is debatable, and apparently can vary from party to party, but its literal status in the scheme of things is certainly not.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Stetson' date='26 February 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1267235536' post='2205661']
[/quote]
I'm not Gov so anything regarding peace or surrender isn't my decision, although personally I won't write a beer review with the intent of ending the fighting until IRON gets peace as well from Fark. I wouldn't be humiliated writing one if I'm doing it for reasons other than getting peace only for my own alliance while an ally is still at war indefinitely. Until IRON gets peace as well I don't feel like drinking to peace, but getting into a drunken brawl with whatever nations happen to fill my slots. If its drinking to surrender than it should be an offer available to take when we are beaten fully, not something we'll be pressured into doing because of the threat of harsh reps if we don't.

I don't mind fighting until IRON gets peace however long that will be, by Fark declaring on IRON before working out a peace agreement with us it put us in a position to keep fighting them or leave an ally on the battlefield to fight Fark on their own as they're also getting hit by other alliances. What I don't like is that rejecting the beer review terms means later on the threat of extremely harsh reps if we stick by IRON to the end. Personally I'd rather fight until this war has reached its conclusion and I've seen it through to the end.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='26 February 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1267238918' post='2205732']
I'm not Gov so anything regarding peace or surrender isn't my decision, although personally I won't write a beer review with the intent of ending the fighting until IRON gets peace as well from Fark. I wouldn't be humiliated writing one if I'm doing it for reasons other than getting peace only for my own alliance while an ally is still at war indefinitely. Until IRON gets peace as well I don't feel like drinking to peace, but getting into a drunken brawl with whatever nations happen to fill my slots. If its drinking to surrender than it should be an offer available to take when we are beaten fully, not something we'll be pressured into doing because of the threat of harsh reps if we don't.

I don't mind fighting until IRON gets peace however long that will be, by Fark declaring on IRON before working out a peace agreement with us it put us in a position to keep fighting them or leave an ally on the battlefield to fight Fark on their own as they're also getting hit by other alliances. What I don't like is that rejecting the beer review terms means later on the threat of extremely harsh reps if we stick by IRON to the end. Personally I'd rather fight until this war has reached its conclusion and I've seen it through to the end.
[/quote]

Okay, I'm sorry if I misunderstood. Not drinking to peace while IRON's still in I totally understand. :D

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='26 February 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1267238887' post='2205731']
No reasonable person could possibly find a beer review to be in the least bit severe. No matter what someone's opinion is on how it may or may not effect their personal feelings, it will never change the fact that the term, by itself, is nothing even close to severe, wrong, extreme, heavy handed, imposing, intrusive, or anything of the sort. The "emotional" effect that it may have is debatable, and apparently can vary from party to party, but its literal status in the scheme of things is certainly not.
[/quote]

I never said it was severe. It's a dick move. It's not severe, just a dick move.

Just a note about the OP - when I used to tend bar, anytime somebody asked for a boilermaker it meant a shot of cheap whiskey with a beer back. You mixed them in your stomach.

Oh, and congrats - you're the first gringo I've heard of that's tried a Chelada. Most folks hear about the clam and freak out.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='26 February 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1267238361' post='2205715']

[/quote]

[quote name='x Tela x' date='26 February 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1267239223' post='2205739']
I never said it was severe. It's a dick move. It's not severe, just a dick move.
[/quote]

I hate playing this card......you realize all the crappy things you have handed down to other alliances in the past right? A beer review is way lighter than anything you ever handed down. As far as terms go a Beer Review is a real non issue. FFS you could even fake a beer review.

I don't know who you are trying to score points with but you are failing harder than you have ever failed before....and you have a long track record of say stupid things just to be opposed to someone. You are Bob's party of No.

[quote name='AirMe' date='26 February 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1267239612' post='2205743']
I hate playing this card......you realize all the crappy things you have handed down to other alliances in the past right?[/quote]
That's a pretty damn short list, and whatever you think is on the list doesn't justify the actions of anyone else.

[quote name='AirMe' date='26 February 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1267239612' post='2205743']I don't know who you are trying to score points with but you are failing harder than you have ever failed before....and you have a long track record of say stupid things just to be opposed to someone. You are Bob's party of No.
[/quote]
Score points? I'm not trying to score points. I'm sorry that my opinion differs from yours, and you're unable to debate in a logical manner.

Also, I "have a long track record of say stupid things"? Really? What's up, pot? I'm a !@#$@#$ kettle.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='26 February 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1267239979' post='2205749']
That's a pretty damn short list, and whatever you think is on the list doesn't justify the actions of anyone else.

Score points? I'm not trying to score points. I'm sorry that my opinion differs from yours, and you're unable to debate in a logical manner.

Also, I "have a long track record of say stupid things"? Really? What's up, pot? I'm a !@#$@#$ kettle.
[/quote]

You are right it doesn't justify crap, but it makes your faux outrage even more fake. Remember CMEA? Hmmm, yeah I am pretty clear on what happened there. Let me quote you "You sign another treaty with MK and we will roll you again." That is so much better than a damn beer review.

You removed free will from alliances because you could. A beer review is just a beer review and has no bearing on anything. The fact that you and others like you make it an issue means you are grasping at straws.

I don't mind being a kettle if you are a pot because I know I am an Emeril Legase limited edition and you are the K-mart $12 blue light special.

[quote name='x Tela x' date='27 February 2010 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1267239223' post='2205739']
[/quote]

Well, no, your reply and analogy clearly were equating the severity of disbandment or viceroy to a beer review, and implied that a beer review, while slightly less harsh, was still sufficiently severe enough to be placed in the same tier of terms as comparable (i.e. leg cutting off with a rusty bread knife compared with decapitation). Both injuries in your analogy are very severe, and yet you stated right above that "Just because one thing is extremely bad, doesn't make everything else super awesome and great.", while mockingly throwing around the word logic in response to airme. So, your post and analogy firmly implies that both a beer review and disbandment are in the same category or grouping of severity, despite one admittedly being moreso then the other, and therefore both should equally be detested along with all the other examples airme listed in his post.

However, in reality, you compared two things (a beer review and disbandment) that no reasonable person could believe equate to each other on any level aside from the fact that they are both terms, and found them to be equal enough to arouse the same reaction (and for some reason proclaimed it as logic?), and that's what I was responding to. Feel free to consider it again in this new light:

"No reasonable person could possibly find a beer review to be in the least bit severe. No matter what someone's opinion is on how it may or may not effect their personal feelings, it will never change the fact that the term, by itself, is nothing even close to severe, wrong, extreme, heavy handed, imposing, intrusive, or anything of the sort. The "emotional" effect that it may have is debatable, and apparently can vary from party to party, but its literal status in the scheme of things is certainly not."

Now, above you said:

[quote name='x Tela x' date='27 February 2010 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1267239223' post='2205739']
[/quote]

This fits into the tail end of my original point, personal opinions on it may vary and your personal opinion is how you characterized it above, and that is all well and good. However, you cannot logically compare the two such as you did, or tried to do while at the same time yelling logic, which I find very amusing considering the content (no offense), and find them to be at all deserving of the same treatment.

Also, a more proper analogy would be decapitation compared with the flick in the nose.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='x Tela x' date='26 February 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1267237832' post='2205705']
[/quote]

If it makes you feel better, even when FARK agreed to the treaty with Echelon, the general attitude within the alliance was "Well ... nobody likes Tela, but the rest of the alliance seems okay. Let's do it." Then, after awhile, people came to the realization that nothing was worth having to be associated with you.

[quote name='Heft' date='26 February 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1267241147' post='2205767']
So this thread is totally not about us.
[/quote]

We can fix that ...

[center][img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/richkrack/aloha/NSOBeerReview.gif[/img][/center]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Heft' date='26 February 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1267241147' post='2205767']
So this thread is totally not about us.

CD's review was the best.
[/quote]
Too bad it doesn't qualify as an actual review. Saying it was good isn't a proper review. And this thread isn't about you.

[quote]Fark takes it pretty seriously, since they're unwilling to waive the term. Pretty much any respect I once had for them, stemming back to their struggle against lolgoonies, has dissipated. Pathetic.[/quote]
Why don't you go do that t-word thing in another thread? This is for beer reviews that we signed on to do of our own free will, not because we're evil and want to oppress ourselves.