Will MK DoW on alliances attacking the NpO?

Ch33kY

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='06 February 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1265483855' post='2164900']
I'm sure that the OP is truly concerned as to the well being of the New Polar Order and couldn't possibly just be floundering around for PR points, could they?
[/quote]
So does this mean you're not going to help the NpO?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kevin32891' date='06 February 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1265484149' post='2164906']
So does this mean you're not going to help the NpO?
[/quote]

The two relevant factors in that discussion have already been adequately addressed in this thread. I would recommend you actually try reading it, as opposed to trying to score PR points with arguments you haven't thought through.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='06 February 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1265484268' post='2164908']
The two relevant factors in that discussion have already been adequately addressed in this thread. I would recommend you actually try reading it, as opposed to trying to score PR points with arguments you haven't thought through.
[/quote]
I'm sorry PR points? This whole war is a joke and a farse. I'm just trying to figure out if your going to aid the NpO as they did for you. Your alliance didn't need the aid, you have a great advantage both in nations and nation strength. What SF and C&G weren't enough for you? You just wanted to e-lawyer NpO into helping you. I just hope you guys can e-lawyer yourself into helping the NpO.

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='06 February 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1265469805' post='2164526']
Wow, that sounded lusty. What is under your hat? This mission is far from complete, and like you, countless others will be summarily pleased in the foreseeable future.

And MK certainly is not a fair-weather ally, I say, as one member within the 'everyone' category that you just mentioned. If you paint your future statements with a brush that wasn't as broad, they might be taken more seriously.
[/quote]

so if MK is not a fair-weather ally, when can we expect MK to declare on one of the many alliances hitting Polaris? VE, OV, Kronos, and others. i understand GOD is allied to Athens but are all alliances hitting Polaris allied to CnG directly?

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='06 February 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1265487609' post='2165001']
so if MK is not a fair-weather ally, when can we expect MK to declare on one of the many alliances hitting Polaris? VE, OV, Kronos, and others. i understand GOD is allied to Athens but are all alliances hitting Polaris allied to CnG directly?
[/quote]

Read any number of posts within this thread. Nonchaining clause is nonchaining. Polaris helped MK because we were hit directly, without chaining. Polaris was hit /because/ of chaining. Thus, MK has no obligation to enter and given our current state of being TOP's primary target, we don't exactly have the ability to honor an ODP. If it was them just attacking Polaris on a separate CB, then you could expect to see MK in regardless.

I'm not really going to argue a point that is as obvious as this, unless someone brings up some alarming truth that I am missing.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='06 February 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1265490475' post='2165112']
There's a reason lots of treaties have a non-chaining clause. When MK was attacked there was no chain involved, now that NpO has been attacked there was as they were the main aggressors.

Really this is a poor attempt to paint MK in a negative light.
[/quote]
So MK and NpO are just "treaty partners".

There is a difference between a respectable alliance who is a true friend, and MK.

[quote]Really this is a poor [b]attempt [/b]to paint MK in a negative light. [/quote]

That's hilarious.

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='Venizelos' date='06 February 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1265480085' post='2164799']
do you really think people are retarded enough to believe this? stickmen entered this war against invicta, but they are here to back up MK, even if they arent at war with anyone we are. they are on our side and will face the same outcome with us.
[/quote]

No. He understands that people will think nothing but well of MK in all scenarios and circumstances and even be thouroughly convinced of untruths because they sound heavenly and MK is heavenly, but the fact is, they backed GR. A prominent MK member just yesterday [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80143&st=60"]said[/url] that on these forums.

Edited by Roadie

[quote name='King Penchuk' date='06 February 2010 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1265493710' post='2165192']
The Mushroom Kingdom will not be helping us in any shape or form. This has been made quite clear.
[/quote]

I doubt anyone has any interest in helping NpO at this point.

NpO has gone rogue.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='06 February 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1265492963' post='2165171']
Read any number of posts within this thread. Nonchaining clause is nonchaining. Polaris helped MK because we were hit directly, without chaining. Polaris was hit /because/ of chaining. Thus, MK has no obligation to enter and given our current state of being TOP's primary target, we don't exactly have the ability to honor an ODP. If it was them just attacking Polaris on a separate CB, then you could expect to see MK in regardless.

I'm not really going to argue a point that is as obvious as this, unless someone brings up some alarming truth that I am missing.
[/quote]

Bob wins the thread, move along

[quote name='The AUT' date='06 February 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1265494960' post='2165209']
[img]http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr96/TheAUT/naac.jpg[/img]

Basically.
[/quote]

You really don't know what you are doing.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='06 February 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1265492963' post='2165171']

[/quote]

so essentially you are stating that despite Polaris already being in a bad way, they put themselves into an even worse position both militarily and politically to help out MK. in return, MK will do nothing to help alleviate Polaris. this despite there being 14 alliances already at war with TOP? i mean Aircastle, The Brigade, Dark Fist, Sparta, STA, The Resistance, and Nemesis are not enough alliances to help against TOP when TOP hit 7 alliances already?

i mean Polaris is being hit by VE, WF, OV, Tetris, The Ninjas, and Kronos as well as attacking GOD. not to mention the fact that they had just gotten out of a war previous to that. but hey, that no-chaining clause is obviously far more important to MK than Polaris opening up another front against TOP and destroying even more of their image and political clout. because it is obvious from the fact that after the first round of war ended, and TOP having more of their defensive slots filled than they do offensive slots (by what appears to be a rather large margin), it is obvious that MK is suffering a whole lot more than Polaris is. Polaris has lost around 4 million NS since the 21st while MK has lost around 2.5 million since the 28th.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='06 February 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1265500498' post='2165377']
so essentially you are stating that despite Polaris already being in a bad way, they put themselves into an even worse position both militarily and politically to help out MK. in return, MK will do nothing to help alleviate Polaris. this despite there being 14 alliances already at war with TOP? i mean Aircastle, The Brigade, Dark Fist, Sparta, STA, The Resistance, and Nemesis are not enough alliances to help against TOP when TOP hit 7 alliances already?
[/quote]
Number of alliances is a meaningless statistic. TOP is quite a challenge since all of those alliances have very limited manpower which can actually hit TOP (Much less hit them in an advantageous way) due to their insanely high tech/NS levels. And none of those alliances are focusing solely on TOP, in some cases they also have a batallion of alliances hitting them. The only alliance that has a substantial number of nations that can be effective against TOP is Sparta, and they're at war with IRON, TOOL, Legion and others as well. MK needs all the help it can get, this is not a dig on MK and their amazing war skills, skill can only do so much when dealing with a million+ tech and the inability to hit nations %133 your size.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='06 February 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1265500498' post='2165377']

i mean Polaris is being hit by VE, WF, OV, Tetris, The Ninjas, and Kronos as well as attacking GOD. not to mention the fact that they had just gotten out of a war previous to that. but hey, that no-chaining clause is obviously far more important to MK than Polaris opening up another front against TOP and destroying even more of their image and political clout. because it is obvious from the fact that after the first round of war ended, and TOP having more of their defensive slots filled than they do offensive slots (by what appears to be a rather large margin), it is obvious that MK is suffering a whole lot more than Polaris is. Polaris has lost around 4 million NS since the 21st while MK has lost around 2.5 million since the 28th.
[/quote]
Apparently the infra huggers are quite the handful. :smug:

[quote name='der_ko' date='06 February 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1265498223' post='2165314']
MK wanted nothing more then stop this bizarre war from ever happening, but since you so desperately need a boogeyman I don't think there's much point arguing with you lot.
[/quote]
If that were true then you would be interested in ending it. Which you could do at any moment.

[quote name='Venizelos' date='06 February 2010 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1265480085' post='2164799']
do you really think people are retarded enough to believe this? stickmen entered this war against invicta, but they are here to back up MK, even if they arent at war with anyone we are. they are on our side and will face the same outcome with us.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What does that have to do with what I said? People are saying that MK backed up Polar against the odds during the WotC. They didn't, however. They were backing up GR, and for the sole reason that the cause of the war was that Hyperion did not give NPO a reason to attack MK. Had that not happened MK would not have gotten involved in that war. So I am saying that it is silly to revise history to make it out that MK was sticking their necks out for Polar when they were really only helping their ally in GR, in addition to using that war to do as much damage to the NPO as possible since they realized they were eventually going to get beat down anyway.[/color]

[quote name='der_ko' date='06 February 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1265498223' post='2165314']
MK wanted nothing more then stop this bizarre war from ever happening, but since you so desperately need a boogeyman I don't think there's much point arguing with you lot.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Of course. Anyone who truly believes that MK masterminded this war is an idiot. MK had nothing to gain by starting this. That does not, however, mean that you did not play your cards to your advantage. You can try to deny this if you'd like, but you are not run by fools. Your leaders do know what they are doing, which is why they called on certain treaties despite how uneasy the situations were that they put those allies in. Then again, some of these allies put you in an uneasy situation, and perhaps turnabout is fair play. I will still call you on your motivations though, as I am only dedicated to truth.

That said, Grub has been completely ridiculous in this war. It is shameful to be perfectly honest. I like Polaris and they do not deserve this. Very disappointing.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' date='07 February 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1265502506' post='2165485']
If that were true then you would be interested in ending it. Which you could do at any moment.
[/quote]
Welcome to the consequences. :awesome:

Fake edit: We desired only peace (why would we ever want our friends and allies to fight each other?) until you launched a massive surprise attack on us and our allies. You don't get to do that and walk away unmolested.

Edited by der_ko

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='07 February 2010 - 05:17 AM' timestamp='1265483855' post='2164900']
I'm sure that the OP is truly concerned as to the well being of the New Polar Order and couldn't possibly just be floundering around for PR points, could they?
[/quote]

The wellbeing of Polaris is my first and foremost concern.

Come on, you know how strange this war has been. We've had some big surprises so if we found out part of the master plan was baiting and turning on Below in wouldn't have the same shock factor.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='07 February 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1265490475' post='2165112']
Really this is a poor attempt to paint MK in a negative light.
[/quote]

If anything it's an attempt on the NpO. I have nothing against MK, C&G, or even Gramlins who we're currently fighitng against. I'm actually suggesting the MK are an honourable alliance that would back up their allies at the NpO.

Good to see the MK's 2009 Propaganda team of the year, as voted by the CN community, are working hard to downplay this thread. A week ago you would have guffawed at anyone who said the NpO would be re-joining the war on your side, so we can only expect you to dismiss this notion.

Edited by Ch33kY