I dont even know anymore

King Death II

Im pretty sure everyone else is feeling this way too right now. Also is it just me or as Grub single handedly managed to destroy years of alliance friendships and treaties and stats in just a mere 2 or 3 weeks? Also who else thinks that this is a horribly way to start a new year for CN? WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GO BACK TO BEING FRIENDS AND HATING NPO? :wacko:

Edited by King Death II

This was all envisioned by Ivan Moldavi when he formed the New Polar Order way back when. Once this war is over, he will combine a weakened NPO, NpO, and NSO into a superalliance out of sheer will. Due to the rest of the major alliances being crippled by this war, the Moldavi Doctrine (the old one, mind you) will be applied to [i]every single team[/i], as no one will be able to stop this new superalliance.

:awesome:

Any reason I had for continuing is long gone, there is no interesting politics anymore, no debates on OWF, just announcements followed by mindless hails and the troll squad of the opposing alliances, it is all so predictable now.

The world has degraded to the level of grade school insults. And if this is the new shape of the world I want no part of it.

There really aren't many reasons to really dislike an alliance most of the time, which is why large wars are rare. I agree the situation is a mess and don't like seeing alliances I hold in high regard treating others I hold in high regard as enemies that need to be completely destroyed. At least we get to have fun with the war system though... :v:

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='06 February 2010 - 03:46 AM' timestamp='1265449601' post='2164126']
Any reason I had for continuing is long gone, there is no interesting politics anymore, no debates on OWF, just announcements followed by mindless hails and the troll squad of the opposing alliances, it is all so predictable now.

The world has degraded to the level of grade school insults. And if this is the new shape of the world I want no part of it.
[/quote]

Sad but I actually agree with everything here. In this war we (the collective community) have shown:

Treaties don't mean anything
People's word doesn't mean anything
Any discussion deteriorates into a troll fest, even when you agree with someone you're still wrong
MP has made strategy very limited
SDI's are broken (at least mine is)
There is a lack of respect for pretty much anyone these days. People you were buds with the day before harass you for being on the other side, people you are at war with tell you to [ooc] "dieeeeee" [ooc] when you nuke them, people you are in a coalition with together go back on their word.

When I set out upon making a new world and a new type of ideology with Karma I never imagined anything like this. An utter lack of self-control, or anything that resembles a modicum of respect for differences.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 06:36 AM' timestamp='1265452592' post='2164193']
Sad but I actually agree with everything here. In this war we (the collective community) have shown:

Treaties don't mean anything
People's word doesn't mean anything
Any discussion deteriorates into a troll fest, even when you agree with someone you're still wrong
MP has made strategy very limited
SDI's are broken (at least mine is)
There is a lack of respect for pretty much anyone these days. People you were buds with the day before harass you for being on the other side, people you are at war with tell you to [ooc] "dieeeeee" [ooc] when you nuke them, people you are in a coalition with together go back on their word.

When I set out upon making a new world and a new type of ideology with Karma I never imagined anything like this. An utter lack of self-control, or anything that resembles a modicum of respect for differences.
[/quote]

Power perpetuates itself by any means available. Empires collapse because they tax their credibility with the people.

Planet Bob needs new heroes. And even new villains.

If you think that all people are like what you listed, perhaps you need to look around by your feet. Honor is alive and well in those that have no need for trickery to secure their position.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='06 February 2010 - 04:42 AM' timestamp='1265452927' post='2164203']
Power perpetuates itself by any means available. Empires collapse because they tax their credibility with the people.

Planet Bob needs new heroes. And even new villains.

If you think that all people are like what you listed, perhaps you need to look around by your feet. Honor is alive and well in those that have no need for trickery to secure their position.
[/quote]

I've been involved enough with many different alliances and taken such a broad perspective of things (I truly consider myself a crusader for the fun of the [ooc] game [ooc]) that I can say without a doubt that most any alliance that has been around for some time, has been guilty of one or all of the above, mine included.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1265453200' post='2164204']
I've been involved enough with many different alliances and taken such a broad perspective of things (I truly consider myself a crusader for the fun of the [ooc] game [ooc]) that I can say without a doubt that most any alliance that has been around for some time, has been guilty of one or all of the above, mine included.
[/quote]

You've nailed it on the head exactly. The irony is that in order of have power, one must use it, and yet after the accumulation of so many of these deeds, few alliances in the upper ranks have much they can be proud of that isn't also laden with much they wouldn't wish to be reminded of.

In order to create a new paradigm, to start a new way, you must harness the will of the fresh, not the jaded power-mongers that wish to retain the status quo. You have to grab the spirit of the little people. How can that happen when the power vacuum left by NPO is filled by the next-in-line to NPO?

I'll leave the answer to that in the care of your keen mind.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1265452592' post='2164193']
[/quote]

My personal vision for a Post Karma world was exactly what is happening now, a world in which anything can happen and no clear leader or path to reaching leadership.

IMHO the only person acting totally irrational is Almighty Grub, for the rest I think everybody in this war follows the precedents set in the past.

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='06 February 2010 - 07:48 AM' timestamp='1265460494' post='2164294']
I couldn't agree more, this man knows what he's talking about!
[/quote]

Hating NPO is going to be the new black this Spring. All the lunch-room crowd will want to be on the other side.

With the power vacuum left behind by NPO, the whole of Bob was up for grabs. Crazy treaty webs were formed as their was no head base to cling onto. Because of that, this has happened. It's like the Dark Ages of CN. The New Pacific Order had fallen in Karma and left the throne empty.

Will NPO be able to return to the throne once this is all over though? With the majority of Bob at war, the neutrals have their chance to jump up to the top. NPO seems to be one of the best positioned alliances, and they didn't even try. The rest of Bob did it for them.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 02:36 AM' timestamp='1265452592' post='2164193']
[/quote]

lol, you set out to do what now? Well thank God you failed anyway.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='06 February 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1265482008' post='2164851']
lol, you set out to do what now? Well thank God you failed anyway.
[/quote]

I set out in my mind to make things like horrible terms being given out a thing of the past, disbandment abhorred against, a general sense of fun for all, and a way to make every action not born out of hate (yes I still get messages telling me to die and have seen others as well). I wanted a world where a small alliance could indeed mean something and it wasn't always a world of curbstomps. This had the possibility that last one, but instead politics have degenerated to a point where there is very little modicum of respect, control, or politics other then o/, spam, shared channel, treaty, opportunism. Essentially I went out to stand against all the heinous things that NPO and others had done, but we're all full circle now only without the interesting debate and discussion.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1265482949' post='2164873']
I set out in my mind to make things like horrible terms being given out a thing of the past, disbandment abhorred against, a general sense of fun for all, and a way to make every action not born out of hate (yes I still get messages telling me to die and have seen others as well). I wanted a world where a small alliance could indeed mean something and it wasn't always a world of curbstomps. This had the possibility that last one, but instead politics have degenerated to a point where there is very little modicum of respect, control, or politics other then o/, spam, shared channel, treaty, opportunism. Essentially I went out to stand against all the heinous things that NPO and others had done, but we're all full circle now only without the interesting debate and discussion.
[/quote]

*ahem*

[b]Thank God you failed.[/b]

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1265482949' post='2164873']
[/quote]
As a wise (if crazy) lady once said, "People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='06 February 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1265482949' post='2164873']
[/quote]

Erm.... As far as I can tell, most of those things are a reality, or at least far moreso than they were when NPO ruled the roost. Why the complaints?