How the hell could something like this happen?

Ecthelion

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 'high-res flag' is generally when people take our insignia and make new rays coming out of it. Sadly, we don't have anyone with the graphical skill to do that, so we generally have bad quality flags :P

Awesome treaty is awesome...

Also I am sorry but this is the best VE Flag/Seal

VEcrest2.png

That's the alliance seal, the one in the treaty is the seal of Parliament. different swag for different occasions.

Both created by the unrivaled skills of AS6

With these short treaties made just before/in the middle of a war, I'm liking VE less and less :(

It was being kicked about for a while now, if you know you like the dudes, if you know you want paper with them, if you know they want paper with you, if you both been figuring out when to get the paper and who gets nominated to draw it up, and THEN a war comes calling, its better to get the paper signed and done with. Maybe that is why the short treaty is short.

It was being kicked about for a while now, if you know you like the dudes, if you know you want paper with them, if you know they want paper with you, if you both been figuring out when to get the paper and who gets nominated to draw it up, and THEN a war comes calling, its better to get the paper signed and done with. Maybe that is why the short treaty is short.

In my opinion, if you can't be arsed to write up a proper treaty (which can take like what, 5-10 mins? Not even that if you use a pre made draft, edit it to your liking, and bam, treaty), then you aren't actually arsed about the friendship. Hell you don't need a treaty to say "I love you."

VE did this with Athens in the WWE, they do something similar here, of course you can see why I am thinking this way.

Pretty much, we finished voting on this a while ago(like more than a week ago) actually, but through a serious of hilarious errors (actually no, they were not funny, but face palm worthy.) we ended up thinking Brig was gonna provide the text, while they thought we were. So one day I was talking to Echtelion and Quaddy on vent and the general gist of the covo was as follows;

*Note imagine this being being said by both sides with just minor delays on each for that slightly out of sync stero effect.*

"when you posting up that treaty upgrade?"

"Wait, we were supposed to do that? I thought you were doing that"

"Well isn't that just !@#$@#$ brilliant."

In my opinion, if you can't be arsed to write up a proper treaty (which can take like what, 5-10 mins? Not even that if you use a pre made draft, edit it to your liking, and bam, treaty), then you aren't actually arsed about the friendship. Hell you don't need a treaty to say "I love you."

We deliberately crafted a ridiculously truncated treaty in a gesture of contempt at the nit pickers and the E-Lawyers. Its an MDoAP, you know whats its for, I shouldn't have to spell it out for you.

Its not that I can't be arsed to go dig up our boilerplate. (though I have been quite sick the past week, thanks for caring) Its that I can't be arsed to pander to your expectations of how two friends should interact.

We'd have gone for "shortest treaty ever" instead of the predictably titled upgrade of the pre-existing treaty but alas, FOK beat us to that one.

VE did this with Athens in the WWE, they do something similar here, of course you can see why I am thinking this way.

If you think the two treaties have anything in common other than their simplified text you should make an effort to learn more before leaping to conclusions.

Edited by TypoNinja

Its not that I can't be arsed to go dig up our boilerplate. (though I have been quite sick the past week, thanks for caring) Its that I can't be arsed to pander to your expectations of how two friends should interact.

Well I'm sorry to hear you were sick, but surely you have some form of deputy who was able to provide this boilerplate.
If you think the two treaties have anything in common other than their simplified text you should make an effort to learn more before leaping to conclusions.

The "common ground" is not just their quantity/quality of text, but more to the additional factor of timing. If this was just a one off, I wouldn't really care.

This is an MDoAP

>VE and Brig

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with all four horseman of the Apocalypse, the Ragnarok, and Armageddon all in a single post.

For three years, three long years this has been in the making and now we finally have it.

o/ VE

o/ Brig

EDIT:

Better flag.

2mcwqyw.jpg

Edited by Xanatos

Skippy, I like your alliance a whole lot but man they should really keep you out of the public view, you have very little grasp of why alliances do certain things, based on your posts in here and in other recent threads. You might make people think less of your alliance if you don't keep your lack of sense to yourself. This was an ODP that we figured a month or two ago that we should probably upgrade, to show how far our alliances have come with each other. If one starts to think that this was done for wartime positioning and that the timing is anything more than coincidence, then I ask you why would we have bothered with the upgrade and just used our original treaty to accomplish the same goal?