Never-before-heard Grämlins tell-all itt

Ertyy

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Woody!!!

Im sure we will be just fine with friends like the Mushroom Kingdom, Fark, Fok, Argent, Umbrella to name a few. If it ever came to us being attacked our friends wouldnt let us die, just like we will never let it happen to them. Harmlins is Harmlins that tie will never be broken.

Perhaps so, I'm sure the next time world drama rears its head the true nature of your new path will be revealed, whatever it may be.

Perhaps so, I'm sure the next time world drama rears its head the true nature of your new path will be revealed, whatever it may be.

Yes but lest us assume that there is only one path to travel and that path dosent split from time to time. Without written treaties one dosent have to be dragged into a conflict by an ally who dosent have your interest in mind at all, but rather is using you as leverage for thier own position. So yeah your close, the true nature of allies and thier intent when acting is often imposed due to having the paper in place and the accepted norm of it being an unshakable binding contract. You should know that, your in Torn B-)

I've heard that TOP has bandied about such a theory. Good luck. Although people really shouldn't overstate this, they're still tied to MHA who is the #2 alliance in the game and is incredibly well connected. So Gramlins hasn't really pulled a VE and gone off on their own based on friendships alone, they aren't at risk of getting cornered and attacked. They get attacked, MHA defends, MHA allies defends.

Yes but lest us assume that there is only one path to travel and that path dosent split from time to time. Without written treaties one dosent have to be dragged into a conflict by an ally who dosent have your interest in mind at all, but rather is using you as leverage for thier own position. So yeah your close, the true nature of allies and thier intent when acting is often imposed due to having the paper in place and the accepted norm of it being an unshakable binding contract. You should know that, your in Torn B-)

Sure, its entirely possible that Gremlins will admirably execute this with pure intent and impress everyone. Might even create an example many follow. All will be revealed as soon as its tested, don't you agree?

Look at his alliance affiliation. The history of alliances going fully independent isn't a rosy one.

Perhaps the Gramlins will find themselves more successful though, especially by holding the MHA tie.

Speaking of alliance affiliations, should we look at yours? The fact that you're still in charge, and still continue to post in the OWF, leads me to believe that you're not aware that you've lost pretty much all credibility. You are aware of that, right?

Speaking of alliance affiliations, should we look at yours? The fact that you're still in charge, and still continue to post in the OWF, leads me to believe that you're not aware that you've lost pretty much all credibility. You are aware of that, right?

A most stunning retort, which thoroughly deconstructs my point, whatever you think it was.

OOC: Lighten up Francis, you won't have to put up with me once school starts if its so painful to you <3

Edited by bigwoody

Sure, its entirely possible that Gremlins will admirably execute this with pure intent and impress everyone. Might even create an example many follow. All will be revealed as soon as its tested, don't you agree?

No I dont agree, all will not be revealed because what happens "soon" is likely going to be subjective. Just like what happened prior, thus you never know whom is going to be the idiot or make a good argument for or against a specific action. Even friends make massive errors in judgement as has happened many times on our dear planet. Impressing people was never the intent (pure), it was simply to shake out of accepted norms and practices and become a different entity going forward.

If others follow suit, so be it.

No I dont agree, all will not be revealed because what happens "soon" is likely going to be subjective. Just like what happened prior, thus you never know whom is going to be the idiot or make a good argument for or against a specific action. Even friends make massive errors in judgement as has happened many times on our dear planet. Impressing people was never the intent (pure), it was simply to shake out of accepted norms and practices and become a different entity going forward.

If others follow suit, so be it.

If there is a universal law here, no matter what you do many will cheer it and many will criticize, mostly due to affiliations. Some are capable of rational and objective thought however, and they'll be watching to see what you do.

If there is a universal law here, no matter what you do many will cheer it and many will criticize, mostly due to affiliations. Some are capable of rational and objective thought however, and they'll be watching to see what you do.

On this point, we agree completely.

Cheers woody

The way I see this is that Graemlins has just surrendered its foreign policy sovereignty to MHA. MHA still maintains treaties, but Graemlins does not, so informal decisions by Graemlins are superseded by the treaties binding MHA and binding Graemlins to MHA.

So as of this moment:

Mushroom Kingdom

Argent

Umbrella

Fark

FOK

Of these few,

Umbrella is bound via MDP with MHA. Fark has a MDoAP with MHA. Argent, FOK, and Mushroom Kingdom no longer have any ties to Graemlins. The previous treaty cancellation with TOP is covered by an MDoAP with MHA.

So the way I see it, it's a stealth downgrading of Graemlins' ties to Mushroom Kingdom, Argent, and FOK.